[ / / / / / / / / / / / / / ] [ dir / jenny ]

/a/ - Animu & Mango

Winner of the 65rd Attention-Hungry Games
/cure/ - Your obscure board for medical-tan appreciation

December 2018 - 8chan Transparency Report
Name
Email
Subject
Comment *
File
Password (Randomized for file and post deletion; you may also set your own.)
* = required field[▶ Show post options & limits]
Confused? See the FAQ.
Embed
(replaces files and can be used instead)
Oekaki
Show oekaki applet
(replaces files and can be used instead)
Options

Allowed file types:jpg, jpeg, gif, png, webm, mp4, swf, pdf
Max filesize is 16 MB.
Max image dimensions are 15000 x 15000.
You may upload 5 per post.


Welcome to /a/, please read the rules before posting.
Reminder that in the event 8ch goes down, our bunker will still be up and running.

File: 467e698a9f6892e⋯.jpg (290.43 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, [HorribleSubs] Tate no Yuu….jpg)

File: e229847c82c9de7⋯.jpg (313.43 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, [HorribleSubs] Tate no Yuu….jpg)

File: 5e472f8f22543d8⋯.jpg (246.36 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, [HorribleSubs] Tate no Yuu….jpg)

File: 6f427cda21d4bf9⋯.jpg (379.18 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, [HorribleSubs] Tate no Yuu….jpg)

File: 7c9f5e6a60942f2⋯.jpg (428.73 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, [HorribleSubs] Tate no Yuu….jpg)

 No.895249

The first episode is a whopping 45 minutes.

 No.895250

File: bd9da0a427d1440⋯.jpg (452.61 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, [HorribleSubs] Tate no Yuu….jpg)

File: 60fad4160c9b075⋯.jpg (278.39 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, [HorribleSubs] Tate no Yuu….jpg)

File: 6af4a557f5d81c8⋯.jpg (260.52 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, [HorribleSubs] Tate no Yuu….jpg)

File: 65681f5eda92d3a⋯.jpg (333.84 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, [HorribleSubs] Tate no Yuu….jpg)

File: 7afd84195f8597f⋯.jpg (412.83 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, [HorribleSubs] Tate no Yuu….jpg)


 No.895251

File: 017294e0f1b15a2⋯.jpg (341.11 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, [HorribleSubs] Tate no Yuu….jpg)

File: 8368a46febe6729⋯.jpg (395.11 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, [HorribleSubs] Tate no Yuu….jpg)

File: 35d60756dfb1b01⋯.jpg (425.67 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, [HorribleSubs] Tate no Yuu….jpg)

File: 1a62fc2f8f62b66⋯.jpg (325.21 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, [HorribleSubs] Tate no Yuu….jpg)

File: cdb71ca87621a59⋯.jpg (312.79 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, [HorribleSubs] Tate no Yuu….jpg)

An overly seductive female; what's the worst thing that could happen?


 No.895252

File: 3bd4373a1e5f2e8⋯.jpg (311.5 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, [HorribleSubs] Tate no Yuu….jpg)

File: 458e428dccb80d3⋯.jpg (266.19 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, [HorribleSubs] Tate no Yuu….jpg)

File: 9cefff476d35f16⋯.jpg (373.98 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, [HorribleSubs] Tate no Yuu….jpg)

File: d7fbbcb63ff0127⋯.jpg (270.61 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, [HorribleSubs] Tate no Yuu….jpg)

File: 90b28414edb11ef⋯.jpg (277.98 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, [HorribleSubs] Tate no Yuu….jpg)

>Falsely accused of rape

Oh. At least we get punished shield hero that takes no shit.


 No.895253

File: 21b0734a93a249f⋯.jpg (300.58 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, [HorribleSubs] Tate no Yuu….jpg)

File: 5085287286ce4cb⋯.jpg (248.63 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, [HorribleSubs] Tate no Yuu….jpg)

File: cf634a8246896aa⋯.jpg (283.93 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, [HorribleSubs] Tate no Yuu….jpg)

File: 545daec5f011cea⋯.jpg (209.88 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, [HorribleSubs] Tate no Yuu….jpg)

File: 404ddec5be41cc3⋯.jpg (279.27 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, [HorribleSubs] Tate no Yuu….jpg)

The episode ends with our hero looking to acquire a racoon-bear-loli.

What sort of fun hijinks will our pair encounter next?


 No.895254

>>895252

>Oh. At least we get punished shield hero that takes no shit.

>>895253

>What sort of fun hijinks will our pair encounter next?

Is there even a single anon on this board that doesn't know the beginning of the series?


 No.895270

This shit gets hyped everywhere for "muh based and redpilled SJW-trigger". But it's shit. It's absolute fucking garbage. Generic isekai with muh oppressed and ostracised MC who keeps crying about how he's being bullied all the time.

Oh, and he pulls out a new special power whenever he needs it. If he already used it earlier, it will get upgraded to a super-mega-bullshit-power v1.1 next time he needs it.

Also there are holographic menus, timers, gear stats and all the usual MMO cancer.

Well, I'm talking about the source material, there's still a chance that anime may turn out to be good. I've seen the first episode and it looks like they removed/changed some of the most annoying shit and animation is decent, maybe even good.


 No.895279

>>895254

I just wonder how far fould they go in the series with just 12 episodes. There's a lot of drama to show.

>>895270

Fuck you, this is the best isekai ever made after Konosuba because it is about a weak hero who works hard to get strong even if everyone hates him. Is a story of self improvement, beat the odds and healing.

This story is about learning to trust people again and to let go hate thanks to your daughterus. You don't like that? then why are you here to begin with?


 No.895282

>>895279

Oh, fuck off with your embellishments. In source material all he does is get fucked over, cry about it, cry some more, rinse&repeat. All of his "hard work" is thanks to the shield that does literally everything involving labour for him. And then when he encounters some kind of challenge he's like "let me just use this power I conveniently gained while simply going around minding my own business" or "oooh I'm so angry and mad at the rest of the world, I'm gonna summon this super mega cursed shield power now". Aside from all that, nothing happens at all, the world isn't moving while we're focused on protagonist; the story is completely flat. World lore is 2 sentences thick. Nothing happens until MC moves to the next area.

It might turn out to be a good anime, but it was just painful to read. Like I only need a tiny piece of my brain to comprehend it and the rest of it was bored.


 No.895284

File: 26b8e68cb1ac1a6⋯.png (225.36 KB, 427x516, 427:516, you are not welcome.png)


 No.895287

>>895284

Are you implying this board is a safe space for you to fawn over 4/10 art?


 No.895291

>>895254

>Is there even a single anon on this board that doesn't know the beginning of the series?

I don't pay attention to every single JRPG/MMO isekai that gets posted. You can only see so much "otaku transported to a video game world, handed a legendary magical item, and told to save the world" before you start tuning them out.

Given that the most people are saying about this one is "it's different because people are mean to the MC", I don't see much reason to pay attention to it either.


 No.895294

>>895270

I think that you are embellishing it a bit there. Toward the middle/end he does get reasonably powerful, but he is never a one hit kill kind of character. He gets powerful companions to do that kind of stuff for him i guess.

His only mode of attack is something that curses him and sets his power back every time it is used, so the series has a method of not running away with power levels like some other series.

>>895279

I would not say it is the best after Konosuba but I do think it is pretty competent.

I think that "My Death Flags show no sign of ending" is overall better. Shield Hero is a top 10 or top 5 though.

I am guessing that they will either split each volume up into 4 episode blocks and hit 3 volumes, or do 5/6 episodes and hit the first two volumes with an episode for side stuff or a drawn out fight.

Volume's 3 and 4 are a sort of two part story so I dont know if they will produce the first half without making the second, and the volumes are really long so if they dont cut out a whole lot of the story they will need quite a few episodes which is a moot point because they will butcher it all because the nips cant leave anything I love alone.


 No.895296

>>895291

Its notable for having a protag that gets fucked over, for sure, but there are a few more things that make it stand out from the crowd, mostly the fact that he can't attack and his take no shit attitude.

That said, its definitely not breaking any new ground, so if the genre of dime store cheap fantasy isekai shit is not to your liking than it is definitely not gonna be something you enjoy.

You have your standard power up mechanics and save the world/fight the monsters stuff. The pretty girls and skilled MC that are the norm in the genre are all there but its at least a little different since he is not shooting for the harem.


 No.895300

File: b97e5ec471e8c87⋯.png (122.1 KB, 471x334, 471:334, teacup_slam.png)

>>895270

I just don't get what people see in it. Both the hatred he get's even before the accusation and the betrayal feel way over the top to me. I don't feel the selfpity the series is supposed to evoke. Yet everytime the manga, LN and probably the anime in the fute get's mentioned there's some anons hyping it as the greatest thing ever. It's usually worded in a similar way too, with the healing spoilered, as if the tone shift is some great secret that happens after a few volumes and not in the first few chapters.

I guess it just ain't my taste and I'm not going to be the kind of smug fuck who comes here every episode to proclaim that he isn't watching it but it's certainly not the second greatest isekai. Not even if you narrow it down to just modern isekai series.

>>895291

I'm just honestly wondering about it. I mean I hate spoilers and I'm glad that OP is doing his best not to spoil anything but I just doubt there's many anons who don't know the beginning of this story.


 No.895301

File: 4cdad13fdcb46b5⋯.jpg (145.22 KB, 850x582, 425:291, bluescreen of japar kemono….jpg)

>>895300

>>895291

I haven't even watched the first episode, or LN or manga, but it's the same fucking MC dies, gets transported to bumfucknistan, does something stupid gets saved by 2d animu gurl followed by period of gitting gut while 4-5 more girls just end up joining and following him because reasons and then they all go and fight and beat evil mcmuffin-shit again?

Why do they keep doing the same thing over and over again? How is this even financially profitable at this point?


 No.895305

>>895301

The same way the long-running shounen series have been running all this time, Anon.

Shit taste.


 No.895307

This is probably going to be totally average. MC seems like the kind of guy to trust anyone who appears even remotely nice to him. From the other posts here it seems this guy is going to get abused by everyone he meets. I doubt he will learn anything either.


 No.895310

>>895307

Not exactly, he won't trust anyone and will still get abused. When he finally redeems himself everyone starts being jerk instead of trying to paint him as a jerk. The whole thing is like a power fantasy, except it's more of a selfpity fantasy.


 No.895312

>>895307

MC only get betrayed once but. It's so bad he becomes a bitter emo guy unable to trust anyone. And that's until his slave girls heal him a he tones it down a little.


 No.895314

File: 9b3e3ec97966cc6⋯.gif (39.14 KB, 420x370, 42:37, 9b3e3ec97966cc612e0c3c3532….gif)

>>895301

>but it's the same fucking MC dies, gets transported to bumfucknistan, does something stupid gets saved by 2d animu gurl followed by period of gitting gut while 4-5 more girls just end up joining and following him because reasons and then they all go and fight and beat evil mcmuffin-shit again?

WNFag here. Yes and no. That does eventually happen, but in a long roundabout way that they'd really have to rush all the way to Spirit Turtle in order to show on screen. This is a story where MC gets fucked over three ways by "2d animu gurl" and all of the other hero's comrades and comes to hate all of them/ends up having to buy a child slave to fight for him because he has close to zero attack power.


 No.895319

>>895300

>Both the hatred he get's even before the accusation and the betrayal feel way over the top to me.

Well, I've only read the WN so I can't speak about how shit in LN goes but in the WN The kingdom's official religion treats the spear, sword and bow heroes as saints while the shield hero is portrayed as a demon, this is because on past incarnations, the shield sided with demihumans and the kingdom discriminates against them. There's already a bias against the shield hero on the population, the rape accusation just served as confirmation bias and an excuse to treat the hero they hated as shit. There's also a even biggest spoiler in The bitch princess being one of the incarnations of a god-like entity that enjoys making people suffer, having multiple selfs in each dimension with the only purpose of stirring chaos and destroying worlds just for the sake of her own amusement and being the main reason the waves spawn

At least that's how it was in the WN. I don't know where the LN deviates from it so maybe the latter spoiler was just scratched.


 No.895321

File: e66d368eb5dfacc⋯.png (143.3 KB, 458x411, 458:411, the fuck did you just say ….png)

I'm still enjoying the manga, but man.. I knew that this series was going to rustle some jimmies. Too many jaded idiots seeing it as "just another isekai" and too many others being pissed about the betrayal and suffering aspects being played up too heavily. Not going to say it's the best or most original series ever, but for an isekai series that uses RPG leveling up mechanics as part of the plot, Shield Hero does a decent job of making the story engaging and the characters compelling. I'm glad it got an anime, but I feel like this is going to be the new Goblin Slayer for the time being; people jumping to conclusions, e-celebs shitting up the discourse, everyone dropping it before it gets to the good shit.


 No.895322

>>895321

Yeah, but Goblin Slayer was good... and original.


 No.895326

>>895322

But Goblin Slayer is not an isekai.

>>895321

I don't believe one season is enouth to play out all the healing arcs. It should need at least 24 chapters before getting the desired conclusion of the Shield Hero to get his deserved reward.


 No.895327

Enjoy your loli while you still can. She will grow up in around 3 episodes.


 No.895328

I'm not sure how to feel about this so far. I promised I wouldn't watch it because the WN was good enough for this show, but then I saw anons bitching up a storm who knew nothing so I went and torrented it anyways just to see why they were being shitters. The spoiler at the very start should never have been there as that event should be at least a few episodes away (and of course they fucked up Raphtalia's fur, but then so did the manga if I remember right). The little attentions to detail such as the King's throne being to the side because he's not actually the ruler of Melromarc was a really nice touch. The weapons translating both verbal and visual information has to be a typo since one of the central plots is that only shield hero bothers to learn how to fucking read since the other three are meat heads.

>Making the old man a tall lean looker of a man instead of a fat bald bastard

>Showing the Shadows in the first episode

Well they're already ruining the anime I see.

I think what anons will have the most issues with, is that the first half of Shield Hero is more suited to a live action rather than an anime, while the second half is more anime territory.


 No.895329

>>895326

>But Goblin Slayer is not an isekai.

Of course it is, an isekai without the MC crossing worlds is still one. The game mechanics are more important, and GS's world is straight out of a jrpg with classes, guild quests and item shops.

Remember all the times Guts and friends return to town to stock up on potions, before they hit the next dungeon?


 No.895330

>>895327

Who cares? She is still my daughter.


 No.895331

>>895329

You could argue it is a fantasy/rpg inspired story if we get autistic enouth, but it has none of the basic elements an isekai has.

We have to start diferenciating isekais from fantasy manga and anime.


 No.895332

File: 4b857c97095ec47⋯.png (1.93 MB, 1920x1080, 16:9, 1543108765586.png)

>>895270

Fuck you, you fucking homo.

The first half of Shield Hero is a masterpiece and is likely what inspired half of the Isekai genre, while the second half post-spirit-turtle is still loads better than the tripe you'd normally encounter. Shield Hero is one of the original isekai that explored the punished hero route, but you anime-only faggots will know nothing because you've seen all the rip-offs that stole from Shield Hero. Taate no Yuusha isn't a masterpiece because it's good, it's a masterpiece because it's completely average, but it does so in a both comical and serious way. It's your standard epic, but in a world of LNs where they never fucking end, it's these sorts of epics that have a clear defined route and ending that shine the brightest for the journey to get there you piece of shit.


 No.895333

File: f45c5573c15ea62⋯.png (142.89 KB, 594x500, 297:250, 1537062206162.png)

>>895270

>Oh, and he pulls out a new special power whenever he needs it. If he already used it earlier, it will get upgraded to a super-mega-bullshit-power v1.1 next time he needs it.

You know nothing. Watch (or read) before trying to be a contrarian fag.


 No.895334

>>895319

That's pretty how I remember it and that's what I mean with over the top. He's supposed to be one of the legendary heroes and yet everybody hates him from the start. The whole setup feels just so unnatural and every explenation about how everyone dislikes him for having no offence or that the princess is actually the reincarnation of an ancient god of evil bitches makes it worse. As if the author first came up with the idea of everybody hating the MC, then with a ceap reason for it and than with some awkward explanation for any logic errors in the reason.

I mean, I don't hate it and I see why some people enjoy it but it's not really all that amazing either.

At least it's still far better than the stories that are trying to copy it , like Kaifuku Jutsushi Yarinaoshi or Nidome no Yuusha. Those really are complete trash.


 No.895335

File: 7481d39d7265dfc⋯.gif (997.36 KB, 640x360, 16:9, 1523149434550.gif)

>>895282

Good job managing to miss the entire point of shield hero. I bet you're one of those fags who thinks the song I'm Blue is about aliens living on a blue planet, too, you big baka.


 No.895336

File: 97d2b4e41e6151b⋯.jpg (113.7 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, 1523775046001.jpg)

>>895254

>Is there even a single anon on this board that doesn't know the beginning of the series?

Considering how few anons knew about Death March or Slime Tensei, I'd say you and me are probably some of the few anons who've read the trash LNs and know the good stuff from the trash.


 No.895337

>>895329

>without the MC crossing worlds

Then it's no an isekai, you illiterate nigger.


 No.895338

File: 3e7cd4b71c8dc95⋯.jpg (80.55 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, 3e7cd4b71c8dc9582be14c2e0e….jpg)

I legitimately thought I'd get to shit on the anime, but here I am defending it from fags.

>>895300

The healing tone shift doesn't even start until after the wave, and it doesn't reach fruition until around the end of the story when Kung-fu slut dies. I think most anons only see the first couple chapters and base their entire conjecture of the story off of that, while ignoring that doing so is basically the same as saying "Mushoku Tensei ends when they leave the Demon continent." It's ignoring more than half the story.

>I just don't get what people see in it.

If you read cheap dime isekai like some of us do, you'd understand that Tate no Yuusha sort of "paves the path" for many of the other isekai that came along after it. It's not great, but even the trashy parts of Tate no Yuusha are better than the isekai that tried to leech off of it. It has a complete story from start to finish with various plot twists and MC isn't just some overpowered lug that can smug and do what he wants. He has to basically become a father figure/guildmaster in order to just try to survive in this world only for people to still fuck him over at every turn, and he takes responsibility where he doesn't even have to in the process. You don't need to be a solid 10/10 to be a great story, you just have to be consistent, have growth, and never make it so people lose interest. Shield Hero is a 5/10, maybe a 6/10 story, but it's consistent with that rating and never jumps around. There are "boring" arcs, but even the "boring" arcs draw you in and keep your attention. There's never a truly dull moment throughout the story, even if it's not good at times, that's what makes it great when you've waded through the trash that is the WN/LN scene and have seen some of the trash that dominates it and even gets anime. The part that anime-only and mangafags will fail to see from this anime, is that releasing Tate no Yuusha now of all times when the industry is saturated with shitty isekai that originally leeched off of series like Tate no Yuusha is like releasing Duke Nukem years after it lost its appeal, or releasing a K-On clone in the current year. Almost no one who watches the anime medium has any respect for what the series does/did for Isekai, so all they see is a "generic isekai" like this faggot: >>895282 because they've read/seen better predecessors, or because they don't know any better.


 No.895339

File: 3dc36fc2b718fd3⋯.png (114.74 KB, 528x246, 88:41, f2edf06c6ab48895c8c9146bb2….png)

>Boy this generic garbage isekai novel/anime sure is shit

<NO YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND THIS IS THE GENERIC GARBAGE ISEKAI NOVEL THAT INVENTED GENERIC GARBAGE ISEKAI NOVELS THAT ARE EVEN MORE SHIT THAN IT


 No.895340

>>895331

>We have to start diferenciating isekais from fantasy manga and anime.

We do, but Goblin Slayer is grey territory right now since it alludes to the idea that it's a tabletop RPG being played out by people despite how much that one anon shouts and screams because he refuses to accept it.


 No.895349

I'm not saying anime is going to be bad, I've already stressed that. It's clear they dropped lots of lame shit from source material and altered some scenes to make more sense. But seeing someone defend this piece of shit LN is hilarious.

>>895332

>>895338

Don't give a shit about anything you've said. I've never read any other isekai and this one was shit. The fact that most of them are worse changes nothing.

>>895335

>Watch (or read) before trying to be a contrarian fag

But I've read it. Up to the fight with rogue heroes or something. And that's exactly what happened every single time.

>>895335

>miss the entire point

Uh-uh. It's about "muh healing", right? All of you keep mentioning it, it's easy for me to see that that's the only thing the show has besides bullying the MC. Well, I don't eat candy that's covered in shit. I don't even like that candy.


 No.895357

>>895282

>>895349

What're you even talking about? as soon as the queen starts sucking his dick everyone, especially the citizens, more or less LOVES the MC the only people he really struggles with are the retarded other heroes who are just unbelievable obstinate retards. I read up to the part where he invades the other world and people haven't hated him for a long time I don't know what the fuck you're talking about.


 No.895359

At least it's not as shit as Goblin Slayer was. After seeing this thread on the frontpage I thought we were getting something on that level again, but this is only bad here and there.


 No.895360

>>895357

<b-but he's complaining about the other heroes now, not the politicians!

Wow, that changed everything. Either way it's "he a good boy, he dindo nuffin" for the whole story.


 No.895362

>>895310

>>895312

Thats pretty much expected for going in that direction. Will his only friend become the slave girl? If so I expect him to free her from the slavery magic then she turns on him. Equally likely is that she doesn't turn on him and remains his only ally. Worst case scenario he builds a slave harem. The main interest is that MC has a shield with stupidly high power so I assume at some point he becomes totally immune to attack and does something like get eaten on purpose to deliver a fatal blow to the heart of a dragon or whatever internal weak point is present.


 No.895364

>>895362

You didn't read the manga nor the light novel, did you?


 No.895365

>>895360

What exactly are you saying he did wrong? Why shouldn't he complain about the other heroes, and it's not like all he does is complain. He just trains and tries to get them to work together, I don't think the novel is that great which is why I dropped it but it's not at all what you describe. Even in the beginning when he's seething with butthurt he doesn't sit around complaining he goes out training, earning money, and building up relationships and reputation.

It's like you're sperging about the cliff notes or something.

>>895339

Besides the fantasy setting I don't find it very generic but I think there are plenty of isekai better than it. It's too repetitive for my liking, the very nature of the waves makes you come face to face with its "train">"big bad">"train" structure and the overarching plot isn't revealed enough or interesting enough to keep me invested. Also having a protag who has to fight but can't directly fight his enemies becomes more annoying than interesting.


 No.895367

>>895362

At the point I stopped reading at, he had 2 slaves and was going to get more. Oh, and he nearly soloed a raid boss and the team of heroes from another world even though one of them oneshot the rest of allied heroes.

>>895365

>What exactly are you saying he did wrong?

Why, that's exactly the point. He did nothing wrong and author makes him play the victim all the time. It's fucking tiresome.


 No.895369

File: 9d48533940e736d⋯.jpg (301.42 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, Im too zombie idol for thi….jpg)

The whole fucking board is filled with shit especially bully cat nipnigger and people NOW complain about an anime and not get banned. Fuck you mods and fuck you all.


 No.895370

>>895362

Unspoilered spoilers ahead/

>he main interest is that MC has a shield with stupidly high power so I assume at some point he becomes totally immune to attack

No, he fights against defense piercing heroes and has to re-strategize.

> does something like get eaten on purpose to deliver a fatal blow

More like dragon knights from maple story who have to tank a lot of damage to return it back, he has to pay a health cost to use his best attacks.

> If so I expect him to free her from the slavery magic then she turns on him

Someone else frees her and she gets butthurt because she loves him and wants to be his so he re-slaves her, he finds out slaves receive buffs and better growth rates from heroes so everyone he adds to his fighting force gets a slave mark before he trains them.


 No.895371

>>895370

The slave buff to growth was for all heroes or just for the shield hero? I didn't understood it well.


 No.895372

>>895371

It was one of his shields.


 No.895373

>>895367

> He did nothing wrong and author makes him play the victim all the time

When, where? Point it out.

There's only one big victim moment and he gets his revenge, you're full of it. He's only victimized by having to be a tardwrangler.

> even though one of them oneshot the rest of allied heroes.

Which is clearly explained by them being retards who never train properly or take advice.


 No.895374

>>895369

Complaining about anime never gets you banned. It's always how you do it that can get you banned.


 No.895375

>>895373

Yes, they're all retards and he's one heroic tardwrangler who dindu nuffin. That's what I'm saying. First it's persecution, then it's tardwrangling. Next it's going to be some other lame shit.


 No.895376

>>895364

Nope. Never heard of this until seeing it on the chart. Not sure what all the screaming going on in this thread is about. I enjoy stories like this anyways. Slime is straight MC steamrolling everything in sight, this is MC getting bullied before steamrolling everything in sight.

>>895367

>raid boss

Neat.

>>895370

>she loves him

Something to look forward to.


 No.895378

>>895376

I'm in the same boat as you, but I don't think this show will get to steamrolling proper. It seems like something that would loosely follow the usual

>big challenge>suffering>MC overcomes it>happy times>repeat

formula. Though I hope I'm wrong, those shows always suck.


 No.895380

>Trying to rape a woman is punished with death.

Where the fuck did they pull this from? I remember reading nothing like this in WN nor in the manga adaptation. Is this some shit from the LN? The pacing from the manga is an absolute mess by the way. In fact the matrilineage shit wasn't even brought on till waaaay later on the story. I guess they wanted to increase the gravity of MC's crime but it will diminish the reveal of the king marrying into the family and being just a lame stand-in for the queen.


 No.895383

>>895380

They're fixing the shit plot so that viewers can makes sense from it. Why wouldn't they mention it if that's indeed the case? Author didn't actually think it through that far, that's why. There's no world lore so he makes it up on the go.

They also changed it so he at least gets the basic info about the world (hourglasses and other countries). Once again, I bet author himself simply didn't invent the hourglasses at the time he wrote the intro.


 No.895386

>>895383

Is the art of drafting up a story before you actually write it completely dead?


 No.895387

File: 201ae00a5aac385⋯.png (174.26 KB, 562x389, 562:389, fsjpbr.png)

>>895367

>Oh, and he nearly soloed a raid boss

This is explained pretty clearly later on in the novel that the spirit-girl from another world only got beat because the other three heroes whittled down her health, it's just the author doesn't bring her back for like 80% of the novel.

>and the team of heroes from another world

The fuck are you even talking about? He can't really be beat by the other heroes, but it was his companions really the companions of the other heroes that beat them later on in the novel, not Naofumi.


 No.895389

File: 859cf0872089787⋯.jpg (157.37 KB, 600x600, 1:1, Cute_scared_rumia_tremblin….jpg)

>all these anime-only tertiaries ITT

I-is this a curse?


 No.895391

>>895387

He can't really be beat by the other heroes because of his defense state, but he can't take them on properly either once they unlock the curse series as well* is what I meant to say.


 No.895393

>>895389

Yes. The same thing happened to Slime Tensei and Death March. Though to be fair both Slime Tensei and Death March were a shit.

The only one of the classics they've read is the manga for Kumo-chan, and that's only because of the meme images that /v/ shitters flooded the manga thread with. I bet they haven't even read Mushoku Tensei or Sevens.


 No.895394

>>895383

>Write fantasy story

>Not plan up the wold lore before writing the actual story.

What a shit author.

> Why wouldn't they mention it if that's indeed the case?

The way they introduced it was weird as fuck though.

>Oh MC, you're so daring to refuse to drink with me, a woman. I guess that's a hero for you~

<Huh why?

>This kingdom is matrilineal, it's hard for men to refuse a drink from a woman.

It's not like in a patrilineal lineage a woman has a hard time refusing drinks from men. It was so stretch so alien I would rather have it introduced in a funny twist making the king be more of a fool. where it actually serves a purpose.


 No.895395

File: 2c0e9b652dadd6f⋯.jpg (6.79 MB, 2560x2476, 640:619, List_Autism_with_Descripti….jpg)

It's like anons never investigated the autism list.


 No.895396

>>895387

Yes-yes, she was whittled down and she also got up on the wrong foot in the morning. Oh, and she was totally just doing something else, and not being busy not existing in the authors head for most of story.

>but it was his companions

Yes, mh-hm, I see it now. A slave, a chicken and some randoms beat the heroes from another world, that were more powerful than allied heroes. All thanks to the heroic strategizing of our hero Naofumi who dindu nuffin. Truly, what a stellar hero, brings a tear to my eye.


 No.895397

File: 163d0a5b46c9496⋯.gif (524.23 KB, 506x579, 506:579, 163d0a5b46c9496d2d3a253398….gif)

>>895389

>>895393

I never read anything.


 No.895400

File: d848b02698d4c43⋯.jpg (88.88 KB, 463x702, 463:702, 1395554107557.jpg)

>>895395

>Goblin Slayer

>isekai

>loli Salaryman

>Goblin Slayer but he's the goblin instead

>not isekai

Nani the fuck?


 No.895401

>>895400

I'm going to make an updated list some time, but it took me months to find the time to put together that first list so don't expect much.


 No.895409

>>895284

It's the start of a new season. We suffer under the seasonal migration of crossboarders. And new anime are an easy target for shitposters.

Post quality always takes a nosedive when a new season starts. Indicators for this period are:

-Badly written vague critiques, usually filled buzzwords. In some cases even including direct attacks on other anons.

-Well known misconceptions are used as arguments. (Most anime are isekai or harem! LN adaptations are killing anime! etc.)

-Misuse of /a/ lingo. Fujoshi = female otaku, any anime aimed at a female audience is "fujo".

-Rule 6 gets broken more frequently

-Decade old staples of the otaku industry are new SJW plots to usurp otaku and Japan. An example of this is yuri/yaoi, which clearly is a SJW conspiracy to make otaku media more LBGTQRSIPMDH^2 friendly.

-People asking for recommendations is more common during this period.

-There's a considerable amount of anons who don't watch the anime they are talking about. Remember the Miira no Kaikata thread? It was hilarious.

-Stupid questions, which are often basic knowledge and/or can easily be answered by the search engine of your choice.

-There are anons who use the term moeshit seriously


 No.895411

The story sucks precisely because it's entirely resolved thematically 1/16th into the overall story. Its pacing shit the bed and becomes boring and tedious exactly like DBZ. Just replace "power level" with "keikaku and abilities". Same exact issue with Goblin Slayer and AoT even OPM thinking about it; they finished the series way too early because it's a pretty simple idea that doesn't need to go on forever. But it became explosively popular so the author just kept going with it. So the WN goes to shut, they try to fix it in the LN but fails too. I enjoyed Shield Hero for what it was, but the sudden growth spurt from Raphtalia was an immediate red flag. It ended perfectly at the ball scene where he overcomes his bitterness. But it kept going. It kept pulling bullshit plot threads and going nowhere. Its shit.


 No.895415

File: eedd89a09c8dfef⋯.webm (11.53 MB, 320x180, 16:9, rasputin_kemono.webm)

>>895411

It's not about the betrayal though. At least, it wasn't about the betrayal from basically the moment Melty shows up to combat Malty onward. Why does the first plot in a series of plots have to be the plot of the series? It's The Rise of the Shield Hero (or rather The Tale of the Shield Hero) not The Betrayal of the Shield Hero, anon.


 No.895419

I hope this fares better than the Goblin Slayer adaptation. I like both series but GS was butchered in the anime.


 No.895420

>>895419

This one appears to have a big budget, so it'll probably get an SAO-tier adaptation.


 No.895423

You're probably thinking of Mushoku Tensei, anon. I saw, even if you've departed your mortal coil.


 No.895424

>>895337

>not recognizing variations in genres

Authors play around with a genre's basics all the time, you're not 5 that switching around a trope makes you oblivious of what's going on. Once the reader is confident with the setting, you don't need an avatar for him anymore.

After 10 years of this crap, it should be evident that the isekai worlds come from the same mold and struggle to add variations in the premise. They're still the same genre, just like a super mecha anime was still one even if the giant robot was actually guy turning giant in a suit.


 No.895426

>>895424

Not him, and I agree with the premise of what you're saying since GS completely fits in with other isekai, but calling it an isekai is kind of like defining "literally" as "not literally". The words shouldn't be used like that.


 No.895427

>>895426

Not him, but I've always used "isekai" more in "another world" sense. Fantasy is fantasy because that's the established world that things are taking place in, whereas "isekai" implies or alludes to another world existing even if the focus isn't on an isekai'd character.


 No.895429

Isekai is the bane of my fucking existence.


 No.895431

>>895427

>whereas "isekai" implies or alludes to another world existing even if the focus isn't on an isekai'd character

But in GS there really isn't much to the another world-ness. If you didn't know about D&D, you could easily take it at face value as a fantasy world with gods that play dice. The fact that it's similar to D&D and then implies that the whole thing might be a campaign seems to me like a big in-joke, rather than something actually relevant and necessary for the story.


 No.895432

>>895427

That's silly. Just call it fantasy. Isekai is a scenario, not a setting. Isn't that a trope in isekai? The MC realizes it isn't fake, that this real life, a real world. A fantasy world can have alternate universes, game tropes, and game mechanics. It doesn't make it good.


 No.895435

>>895423

It was Mushoku Tensei. What am I missing then?


 No.895445

File: 9030942a2407f77⋯.jpg (159.2 KB, 1200x1600, 3:4, 1545102741117.jpg)

>>895401

>don't expect much.

Don't worry. After seeing this list, nobody is expecting anything.


 No.895449

File: 4c2c5adea43798b⋯.jpg (513.09 KB, 1663x1559, 1663:1559, 4c2c5adea43798b165938ebb4a….jpg)

>>895435

>What am I missing then?

You have to read Shield Hero as a massive series of comedic shitposts post-spirit-wave, with mild breaks of serious plot inbetween. If you read Shield Hero as part of the "generic isekai" genre it's beautiful due to its twists, turns, and comedic cuts. If you read it expecting an epic, it's generic. The trick to enjoying Shield Hero is to not expect an epic, to not expect anything from it, because when you do so, then you get to enjoy its shitposting nature in all of its glory.

I mean, what other series can joke about how a complete Riajuu fell in love with an oversized fat carriage pigeon, stole shield hero's blood and used it to joint-enslave an army of carriage pigeons in an effort to appeal to his true love while writing various H-doujins about her, have a curse series that literally creates a giant dick that he waves around, and proceed to forcefully use the spirit of the spear to isekai himself into an alternate reality where he can fuck said idiot carriage pigeon? It's the little shitposting parts of Shield Hero, the comedic parts that follow clear RPG mechanics to zany conclusions, that turn what would otherwise be a generic isekai into a subtle comedic masterpiece. After the start of the healing arc where Naofumi re-enslaves Raphtalia you really have to read this novel more as a subtle Konosuba rather than as an epic serious isekai if you want to enjoy it to its fullest.


 No.895454

>>895449

>shitposting

Another term bereft of all meaning, thanks to the normalcattle.


 No.895460

File: 3b81bb642d5c3ab⋯.webm (15.9 MB, 1280x720, 16:9, Rasputin_friends_Shoebill.webm)

>>895449

>The trick to enjoying Shield Hero is to not expect an epic, to not expect anything from it, because when you do so, then you get to enjoy its shitposting nature in all of its glory.

I expected it to be complete trash but it turned out to be alright I haven't finished reading it though.

Dropped it at the part where they go to some adventurer Island after deposing the King and such, is it worth picking up again or does it only get worse from that point onwards?

>>895415

>320x180

>140 seconds long

>11.53 mb

VP8 never ceases to amaze.


 No.895461

>>895460

It entirely depends on which part of it you liked. That's right before the Spirit Turtle if I remember correctly. It was a slower arc, but it was supposed to set up to understand the other heroes and their companions a little better. The WN takes a bit of a narrative shift after the Spirit Turtle arc, but at least personally, I enjoyed the outlaw series arc with the three heroes, and the town Naofumi starts irked me at first but quickly grew on me.


 No.895464

>>895319

I'm 13 volumes into the LN and finished the WN.

The stories are pretty much 1:1 until the spirit tortoise, but the LN has a few more bits added in or slightly changed.

The whole thing diverges heavily at the tortoise fight, though, and has a completely separate arc following it. Reconvening with the town building, everything is different but follows the same general plot points so far.


 No.895465

>>895460

The island event is right before one of the biggest fights in the series. Might be worth reading it for that fight if nothing else. If you are asking if it will keep the same sort of "hero's working together" tone from that arc, then no. The other heroes come and go in cooperation.


 No.895468

>>895371

Skill from one of his shields. If the other heroes would such up the contract juice like he did, they would likely get a similar skill.


 No.895469

I just want one (1) Isekai without game mechanics. I don't mind the basic fantasy setting, but damn it lost me when they popped up a menu.


 No.895471

>>895469

Honestly that's my biggest issue with the genre as well. I can take the stupid cliches and dime store plots, but the game mechanics really irk me.


 No.895476

File: 94c499376df3c73⋯.webm (15.81 MB, 504x360, 7:5, Macross.webm)

>>895469

Just give me an isekai set in some kind of space VRMMO instead of the same tired old generic fantasy world.


 No.895482

File: 2ed76127dc2273d⋯.png (705.71 KB, 822x1200, 137:200, dbzisekai.png)

>>895469

There was one isekai where the character was sent to the dbz world as yamcha. So I guess there's the (1) you wanted all along.


 No.895487

>>895469

Does Monster Rancher count? It's funny because that one is actually based on a video game but is not about game mechanics.


 No.895490

>>895476

The only isekais that reverse it so a fantasy character is reborn in a modern world are chinkshit novels


 No.895492

File: 6523b3fd10fd9fd⋯.jpg (Spoiler Image, 511.26 KB, 1280x1808, 80:113, kuromaguro_01.jpg)


 No.895493

File: 6b37c147235f85c⋯.jpg (277.2 KB, 837x1200, 279:400, gayshit.jpg)

>>895490

In those, a wuxia dude (muh martial artist with ki and magic shit) soul travels to a modern world and possess some loser. I think he means something like MC dies and is reborn in a futuristic gundam-like universe with mechas.

I think the closest to what he wants that i've seen is Knights and magic, some isekai about a dude that reincarnates as a shota and rides magical mechas. But man it looks gay as fuck.


 No.895495

>>895469

Go read Mushoku Tensei.


 No.895502

>>895469

>>895471

> the game mechanics really irk me.

Why? Game mechanics provide a good guideline for the world building, lead to decent skill & magic systems. And most LN/WN readers are familiar with similar systems and worlds.

I would even say that game mechanics solve some of issues many standard fantasy stories have with their world building.


 No.895503

>>895492

Don't forget Elf-san wa Yaserarenai and the other manga about a knight girl working in a Japanese farm.


 No.895504

>>895502

>some of

*the


 No.895507

>>895395

Still upset there's no Haruhi, Boogiepop, OreImo, or Monogatari in here.

It's all just Isekai crap. LNfags don't read anything else.


 No.895509

>>895507

I counted at least 15 of those LNs that aren't isekai. That's roughly half of them that aren't isekai if you don't include the Chinkshit/Gookshit section.


 No.895513

File: 53c6bea7f39754f⋯.png (266.65 KB, 580x500, 29:25, 53c6bea7f39754f5ac86b8baaf….png)

>>895509

My point stands. Everything I listed are important titles for /a/ and there's no mention of them when there's even a chinkshit/gookshit section that says "You should read two of these so you know why they are bad".

I just have this sickening feeling an absolute newfag made that chart.


 No.895516

File: c917c31b06a6d33⋯.png (2.45 MB, 1280x1810, 128:181, c917c31b06a6d337fedd9ea4a3….png)

>>895513

Maybe because what's popular in anime form isn't popular in LN/WN form? That was collaborated from multiple anons in the LN thread when it was made.


 No.895518

File: 4c3c8c191a694a2⋯.jpg (104.37 KB, 850x638, 425:319, 4c3c8c191a694a24783e005ceb….jpg)

>>895516

Not true. I don't know if you remember the amount of LNfags reading OreImo when that took over the board, or the raildex niggers going on and on about how much better the LN was, or the several threads talking about buying the Log Horizon novels, even summoning the author himself to /a/ to do AMAs several times. And don't get me started on Haruhi.

It's just that the anons into LNs at the current time might be newfags who only got into them in the first place for the modern Isekai stuff.


 No.895519

File: 856eb0c139a3f93⋯.png (1.38 MB, 1280x1057, 1280:1057, Weakness.png)

>>895518

It's not supposed to be a list of every LN/WN and anon already said above that he planned to expand on it/fix it. See >>895401


 No.895521

>>895519

Well, it's supposed to be a list of LN/WNs by /a/ and I don't know how you can have that without the fundamental works that shaped the industry or /a/ itself.


 No.895526

>>895521

Well I think you should participate in LN threads more if you have a problem with that.


 No.895527

File: cdb20ed6c5a795e⋯.jpg (75.18 KB, 306x304, 153:152, mona_cobra.jpg)

>>895502

>Why? Game mechanics provide a good guideline for the world building, lead to decent skill & magic systems. And most LN/WN readers are familiar with similar systems and worlds.

Not the anon you're replying to. But that's called using crutches, it's lazy writing. Sure, if they use game mechanics you will get to understand shit from the getgo, but you won't find anything new or refreshing from reading the same rpg-like mechanics over and over. If you want your work to be unique you don't go around copying what everybody else does, specially something that's so overused as rpg-like mechanics in an isekai setting. It would be nice if an author were to sit, think thoroughly how he wants his work's magic system to be, create it from scratch and intertwine it with the world's lore so MC can learn it in an organic way.


 No.895528

>>895526

I don't read LNs. It'd just be me jumping in and calling everyone faggots for a chart that triggered me, making me think they don't know their history the way they should as an /a/non. Fix your shit.


 No.895530

File: 258d3804ed9db33⋯.jpg (68.82 KB, 680x680, 1:1, opinion_discarded.jpg)

>>895528

>I don't read LNs.


 No.895534

>>895469

Grimgal has no real game mechanics, they have to pay guild masters to learn new skills and that involves up to weeks of training. The 'high level' players also multi-class (even though it's illegal) and teach the younger players interesting stuff about magic (because they're bored, in all honesty there's not a lot of care for life in the books). However excessive mechanics is not the focus of the series because we're following losers so it's more about strategy, group dynamics, and slow growth and ranta being a shitter, loyal, but a shitter.

And of course the key plot point of critical hits being being a zen state of seeing the flow of the battle.


 No.895536

Is the guy immune to damage, or what? Because he carried around those balloon mobs that the thugs didn't wanna deal with.


 No.895537

>>895536

Basically his defense stat is over-the-top but in exchange his other stats are ridiculously low.


 No.895538

>>895536

He isn't inmune to damage, he started with high defense so he gets no damage from those noob monsters. He receives damage if he gets a direct hit and the attack is higher than his defense. Kind of fitting for a noob-friendly class. He was supposed to explain it as he perceived it when he didn't get damaged by the balloons but the anime decided to change that to a silent montage for no good reason.


 No.895562

>>895527

>But that's called using crutches, it's lazy writing

You don't need to reinvent the wheel. Despite being similar isekai magic systems do vary in the finer details.

For the same reason authors still use dwarfs, elves, vampires, etc.

Your readers have a rough idea of what they can expect, it can significantly lower the amount of time you need to spend on infodumping.

If we take this logic to the extreme, then anything resembling realistic physics is just a crutch and lazy writing.

> It would be nice if an author were to sit, think thoroughly how he wants his work's magic system to be, create it from scratch and intertwine it with the world's lore so MC can learn it in an organic way.

A reader needs time to get familiar with unique elements of a setting, but your character who lives in a magicial world from birth should be familiar with magic and the world he lives in.

Common ways to solve this are to make your MC ignorant, magic a secret art, or the usage of a simple magic system that can easily be explained.

I am not a big fantasy reader beyond Japanese media, but I did read some Western fantasy while I was younger and recently went through some Sanderson novels, primarily because of how much he was praised for his magic systems. Stormlight Archives, his magnum opus, is filled with asspulls, retcons and deus ex machinas. This is the author that gets praised as the creme of the crop for magic systems and world building.


 No.895569

File: 472c5724d4bdcc5⋯.jpg (87.69 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, 1505240860228.jpg)

>>895534

Stop calling it Grimgal, it makes me think of gyarus. It's Grimgar, even the official licensed localization calls it that.


 No.895573

>>895530

All I know is what I've witnessed. Don't hear my words but the words of LNfags past who don't bother with all this Isekai trash. They're here, the ones who have actually read all the oldfag shit I've mentioned. They just don't bother with LNs anymore because it's filled with all your garbage.


 No.895574

On another note, have any of you fags played the original RPGs? This takes directly from them.


 No.895575

File: 21739d69d9b1a43⋯.jpg (105.76 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, [Erai-raws] Tate no Yuusha….jpg)

I love support roles the most.


 No.895577

>>895329

>an isekai without the MC crossing worlds

That's literally what Isekai means, you stupid faggot.


 No.895578

File: 10d9925020d3513⋯.png (119.21 KB, 500x504, 125:126, 456cdfe127a31f5c717d63f4dc….png)

File: 19a17f9f47b0f55⋯.webm (732.4 KB, 500x280, 25:14, talk_shit_get_hit.webm)

>>895573

>"Look at me, I'm an oldfag!"

>"If anons don't like the same things as me they're newfags!"

They can be here, and they should participate in the threads more if they have problems with something. Being insufferable cunts about it after the fact without any constructive advice beyond "MY stuff should be there, not yours" without putting in any of the effort but all of the bitching just comes off as crass and imperious.

Fuck, I need some sleep.


 No.895579

>>895575

I was always drawn to support roles when playing multiplayer games. It feels more fun to carefully manage the party and yell at people to do their jobs correctly than it is to try and be a tank.


 No.895580

>>895321

I actually watched it by accident because I thought it was a regular fantasy, but I'm glad I did. It's nice to see an Isekai that isn't wish fulfillment garbage where the degenerate MC is suddenly popular everywhere they go after a change in setting.


 No.895581

File: 09e11665baa2ffe⋯.jpg (160.39 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, [Erai-raws] Tate no Yuusha….jpg)

This is seriously good. Can't wait for all the fags who want to hate on it.


 No.895582

>>895581

>good

I don't think it's bad, but calling it good is pushing it. All we've gotten so far is a very predictable series of events with plot holes already present.


 No.895585

>>895578

I know I'm being a faggot, and I agree with you. They should be the ones to say this but 8/a/ is full of newfags. It's not for me. It's for those anons. I couldn't care less about LNs, but you wouldn't believe their passion. I'm one who loves that kind of passion from the bottom of my heart.

Prepare for my autism all season because I won't stop.


 No.895586

>>895582

Things being predictable doesn't make it bad. Tropes exist for a reason, anon.


 No.895590

>>895586

Some things being predictable are fine, romantic tropes in particular. MC getting betrayed by the red slut being as predictable as it was, I wouldn't count it as one of those things. Partially the fault of directing, but still.


 No.895596

>>895590

Actually, I'll correct myself, it's more about the type of story. Lots of nip works rely more on having great characters and interactions between those characters, lots of them rely on showing the butts of young girls, and that's all they ever want to be, they don't really try writing a great story. In those cases, predictable story events are often good enough, because they allow you to enjoy the main appeal just fine.

But this one here definitely wants to tell a story and sell itself on the story, so cheap predictable events aren't particularly impressive when it's already lacking in the loli butts department.


 No.895597

File: 50c0967086a2be6⋯.jpg (128.36 KB, 424x600, 53:75, 212472l.jpg)

>>895569

>tfw no gyaru isekai

I'll be damned.


 No.895608

>>895329

>Of course it is, an isekai without the MC crossing worlds is still one. The game mechanics are more important, and GS's world is straight out of a jrpg with classes, guild quests and item shops.

If the story has game mechanics being part of the world then it's called a LitRPG, not an Isekai.


 No.895618

>>895270

>>895282

He's right. Read the novel to like until the princess gets her come-uppance. He's 100% right.


 No.895625

File: d4869aac2fa1c47⋯.webm (7.78 MB, 640x360, 16:9, this is eve online.webm)

>>895527

I like it when authors draw up some detailed game mechanics with strict rules only to break them in the most plausibly absurd ways.

Though sadly that's also probably the reason no one's done a LotGH or Gundam isekai yet as standard fantasy RPG fare is fairly well explored and documented, whereas sci-fi space stuff would require a wholly different degree of autism that LN authors seem to lack.


 No.895642

>>895625

>Now I want an isekai where someone is the last one to get there and it's already full of eve-tier autists.


 No.895646

>>895562

RPG mechanics in isekai always suck. Take heresy spider for example.

>Oh no theres lots of lava I sure hope I don't burn to death better be careful

Then within the chapter its always

>Skill gained: fire resistance

>Now I don't have to worry about all that lava

It's not only lazy, unoriginal and boring, it actively prevents the author from creating anything truly interesting with the setting. RPG mechanics are the definition of telling, not showing. It's a lazy way to demonstrate what a character can do, how they are growing/improving and how capable their opponents are. It's infinitely easier to write "His sword skill is 10 and mine is only 6, it's obvious he has an advantage" as opposed to demonstrating the gap between two characters through their interaction. It's also easier to say "After training my sword skill raised from 6 to 7, I even learned a new special move on level up" rather than find a way to show us how they have improved, or much better, show us them learning and practicing the new move they learned.


 No.895648

>>895642

I have that as one of my ideas I'm never going to follow up on, kind of. Except I imagined it as a stuck-in-the-MMO kind of scenario.


 No.895661

Invidious embed. Click thumbnail to play.

>>895646

>It's also easier to say "After training my sword skill raised from 6 to 7, I even learned a new special move on level up" rather than find a way to show us how they have improved, or much better, show us them learning and practicing the new move they learned.

All the more reason for space fighter autism isekai to exist.

Honestly those could work much better than generic litRPG "muh transported to medieval fantasy MMORPG realm with holographic interfaces, magick and skill trees"-tier cancer as all the game/world mechanics could be handily described as future technology.

Compare a Party of adventures dressed in plate Armor, leather and wizard robes fighting some dragon while opening holographic menues to chuck healing potions, cast magic spells and other shit to a company of space adventurers fighting a giant space alien in a mixed wing of fighters, high-DPS corvettes and some support ships sending out drones to repair damaged ships, while others fire torpedos towards the alien at long range aiming for exposed subsystems whose shields have been softened up or destroyed by the fighters who themselves are busy popping flares and chugging down shield cells by tapping buttons on their HOTAS+holographic cockpit UI.

Which of these sounds more grounded in reality to you?


 No.895662

File: 32d054d4a4f709f⋯.png (985.42 KB, 677x579, 677:579, ClipboardImage.png)

>>895502

>And most LN/WN readers are familiar with similar systems and worlds.

And that's exactly one of the main problems with modern isekai. Beyond being lazy worldbuilding, there's no need to be familiar with anything in the setting in the first place. An isekai is perfect for introducing the reader to a strange new world since the MC is just as unfamiliar with the setting as the reader is. It is perfectly normal to have other characters explain the political situation or talk about the mechs in that fantasy setting, something that wouldn't need any explanation if all the characters are inhabitants of that world.

Instead, most isekai stories just go the laziest way possible.

>It's just like my games, so I'm pretty much a pro already! All I have to do is grind a bit and exploit the game system.

<Woah! Training makes you stronger and you get twice as much XP in our world if you train as both magic and warrior class at the same time?! Nobody has ever thought of something like that.

It's not just lazy but also waste potential.

Judging by the first chapters, Curse Blood had some potential to be a good story, like some of the stories before the isekai boom. Sadly, the mangaka passed away.


 No.895673

I don't get the complaining about the "self-pity" here, that was only about getting the shittier weapon and he got over it fast. The rest was hate and disgust after being betrayed and there's nothing wrong with that. Is it bad that the MC got dealt a really shitty hand and has to overcome it? At least the beginning is better than most isekai that start with OP MCs in the first episode like the ones in the last three seasons or so did.

It's like the difference between Kaiji and Akagi, similar stories but one MC constantly gets fucked over and is put in impossible challenges while the other is a natural born genius that demolishes everyone put against him. I definitely prefer the first type.

I haven't read the LN so it might get worse but there's at least nothing wrong with the beginning. It almost feels like some people here are reacting badly because the MC gets fucked over due to a rape accusation, twitter might be a better choice for you guys.


 No.895675

>>895673

As far as I see, the other three heroes are the usual overpowered isekai heroes acting reckless and fucking up stuff because they believe the world was made for them as the protagonists.


 No.895677

>>895562

>You don't need to reinvent the wheel. Despite being similar isekai magic systems do vary in the finer details.

>For the same reason authors still use dwarfs, elves, vampires, etc.

They're not reinventing the wheel, they're 3d printing the whole car. Take a generic fantasy world template and plaster a rpg-like mechanics template on top of that and you got the generic isekai world. And even with that, sometimes you get a MC who is pretty much a cheat character, learning shit instantly that would take years for residents of that world.

[Fire whatever Lv1. learned]

<Wow MC, you're a prodigy! A genius! How did you learn it so fast!? It took me 3 years to barely get the gist of it but you mastered it in an instant!

>Your readers have a rough idea of what they can expect, it can significantly lower the amount of time you need to spend on infodumping.

Geez, you're reading a book, it's not like some infodumping will somehow ruin the whole experience, it just depends on how you do it.

>If we take this logic to the extreme, then anything resembling realistic physics is just a crutch and lazy writing.

Even that could be toyed with if in that work, physics are reliant in magic or gods. It's just a matter of execution.

>Common ways to solve this are to make your MC ignorant, magic a secret art, or the usage of a simple magic system that can easily be explained.

I'd say a dude that just got isekai'd should be pretty ignorant about the world.

>Recently went through some Sanderson novels, primarily because of how much he was praised for his magic systems. Stormlight Archives, his magnum opus, is filled with asspulls, retcons and deus ex machinas. This is the author that gets praised as the creme of the crop for magic systems and world building.

Well, if that's your take on it, it's alright, but doesn't that mean that coming up with something good is hard? I don't think isekai will ever get close to breaking new ground as long as it sticks to the safe and easy choice of using gaming as a way to save effort.


 No.895688

>>895677

It's been a few months but there was some generic shit I was reading where the translator released a notice that he won't be translating it anymore since it devolves into even more generic gookshit and he's tired of it.


 No.895755

>>895677

>Wow MC, you're a prodigy! A genius! How did you learn it so fast!? It took me 3 years to barely get the gist of it but you mastered it in an instant!

That's how most fantasy plays out. Not many people want to read about an incompetent peasant struggling for 5000 pages. This also has nothing to do with game mechanics anymore, it's just the MC being a Mary Sue.

And like I said above, this is also common in standard fantasy novels. The farmer hero living in the middle of nowhere, picks up a weapon for the first time and beats the multiple trained warriors just through his instincts.

>I'd say a dude that just got isekai'd should be pretty ignorant about the world.

That should be true in theory, but many isekai have game mechanics, and the MC is familiar with similar mechanics.

But, yes theoretically an isekai MC is perfect for introducing a fantasy world.

>Geez, you're reading a book, it's not like some infodumping will somehow ruin the whole experience, it just depends on how you do it.

>Even that could be toyed with if in that work, physics are reliant in magic or gods. It's just a matter of execution.

There's still something known as pacing. Your reader shouldn't have to read a 20,000 page long series of encyclopedias before starting with your novel.

>Well, if that's your take on it, it's alright, but doesn't that mean that coming up with something good is hard?

It is, but that's in part because novels are a bad medium for fantasy. The most unique and well written fantasy worlds are in games and manga.

A picture says more than a thousand words. Manga and games can easily get around the pacing issues that complex unique fantasy worlds create.

LNs have the advantage of being able to use pictures, but most authors make terrible use of this.

>I don't think isekai will ever get close to breaking new ground as long as it sticks to the safe and easy choice of using gaming as a way to save effort.

I disagree. Isekai authors usually have a magic system and a somewhat stable world, which is a rarity in fantasy novels.

Most Western authors don't even believe that there should be a magic system, or that magic should have clearly laid out rules. Because, "following rules makes magic less mysterious".

The issues many isekai have don't come from game mechanics, they come from bad writing.


 No.895805

File: c3e12c8a0a2b2e1⋯.png (9.33 KB, 141x388, 141:388, 109affef8a0b05f0d9fff9b648….png)

I'll give another try but the opening was utterly unappealing and completely generic nya~


 No.895820

>>895755

>Not many people want to read about an incompetent peasant struggling for 5000 pages.

How about someone who just learns shit at the regular speed. You have Isekai with MC being reborn and starting from 0 age all the time, you imply you can't explain something and some timeskips here and there to give it a regular pacing. You don't need MC to be an op killing machine, just capable,witty and make him grow as the story progresses. I don't know why people assume you gotta start the story at age 17 and in end it in 1 or 2 years. I guess since LN are self-inserting crap made for teenagers they're forcing MC to remain young since readers would have it harder to self-insert into someone who ends up being 30+ by the end of the adventure.

>There's still something known as pacing. Your reader shouldn't have to read a 20,000 page long series of encyclopedias before starting with your novel.

There's something called explaining shit in layman terms, you don't need to make a super scientific explanation of how the world works. You can makeup some shit like a devil/go is responsible for "gravity magic" and that it weakens as you block that entity's influence in the area. You don't have to make it that super complicated, it's about being creative while remaining consistent.

>It is, but that's in part because novels are a bad medium for fantasy.

Some novels have illustrations. I agree that LN waste illustration pages but that also has to do with to who they're marketed to (most just want to know how the resident LN waifu looks like, how cool MC's attack looks or want a lewd scene to fap to).

>The most unique and well written fantasy worlds are in games and manga.

Yeah sure, but that doesn't mean applying gaming mechanics as a way to bypass real explanations of how the world works is good. Even in videogames, they don't go around saying "hey man, are you lvl15?" or people measure intangible stuff in numerics because it breaks immersion. But here you have a world were everything is measured in numbers because muh vidya logic. You die and you're sent to a videogame- I mean another world. Yeah it's another world but it works like a videogame and everybody in that worlds knows what levels, stats and skills are, it's like they're self-aware they're in a videogame but it's not a videogame, It's an alternate world with videogame mechanics. Long story short, Isekai + gaming mechanics is lazy and ruins the whole fantasy setting, it's just MC sent into a videogame world with 0 inmersion and yet is used ad nauseam by every LN writer.

>I disagree. Isekai authors usually have a magic system and a somewhat stable world, which is a rarity in fantasy novels.

Yeah, and that's about it. If you actually care about world building, the complexity of its magic and all that cool mythos that comes from a fantasy setting, gaming mechanics is a gigantic buzzkill because it overrides it all with gaming terms, it's a tragic sacrifice that is made in exchange for recycling something that already exists and feel safe to use. The Isekai genre has plenty of room to branch out, but videogame mechanics cripples it and limits what you can do with it.

Anyways, you can disagree with me if you want, I won't talk about this anymore because this is derailing the thread.


 No.895836

>>895596

The over the top way Shield Hero is being treat is explained later in the story. Plus those other 3 heroes make you want to punch them in the face the whole time later so if they were shown as being reasonable now I think it wouldn't go over well when they'd "suddenly" be spoiled brats.

>>895625

>>895642

>My isekai idea is that it's a normal spacefleet down scaled to tiny fraction of the rest of the world they get transported to, so the entire story is just them being at war with ant and bee colonies because they're the right size to be recognized as food.


 No.895839

>>895755

>Not many people want to read about an incompetent peasant struggling for 5000 pages

Having one secret advantage is cool, being perfect at everything is dull.


 No.895841

>>895805

Go back to meguca nya.


 No.895861

>>895270

>muh based and redpilled SJW-trigger

Nah it's just further evidence that those types are fucking retards (not that we need anymore at this point. The event in question is insignificant to the plot.Author could have just as easily faked him killing someone. Heck him waking up to a dead whore would have been more triggering.


 No.895872

File: 69631d4f90f1307⋯.jpg (69.47 KB, 675x904, 675:904, tanya thumbs up.jpg)

>Suddenly there's a twitter shitstorm full of outraged SJWs over this anime

I didn't see this coming at all.


 No.895875

>>895872

Making false rape allegations is something 3DPD does often. The very idea that they might get called out terrifies them though.


 No.895877

>>895872

Communist tears may smell sweet but are laden with AIDS.


 No.895881

I liked it. Animation was competent, music was nice, I liked the hook and I dig an MC who isn't afraid to call out people on their bullshit. My only problem is the game menus but I hope those show up less as time goes on.


 No.895884

>>895872

I guess this is gonna be the burger #1 most watched series again. Really wish normalfags would fuck off and stop watching anime.


 No.895906

>>895872

I tried searching twitter for it but could only find normalfags saying how cool the show is and whores that post about cosplaying the slave girl. You should make a collage of the triggered tweets.


 No.895919

File: 1b7646dd5322e37⋯.jpg (74.57 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, 8.jpg)

ITT:

>It was hyped but make me like this tho

>I like it because X, why don't you like this reeeee

>I don't care about any of those things, some liking what I don't like

>Isekai is shit, so this is shit, just accept it's shit fags

>Normal fags will watch it so it's shit

>Who cares about the SJWs

>KEKIN' HECK, THE SJWS

>Muh LN

>Muh WN

>It was good until that part where it was shit

>The author betrayed me because X

So just like every other anticipated adaptation release. Wait three episodes, the threads will be better, and then worse again towards episode 9, I'm sure.


 No.895924

>>895919

I hope normalfags stay away from Kemono Friends S2.


 No.895926

>>895919

I get excited for anime adaptations but as soon as I see people talk about it I wish it didn't happen


 No.895927

>>895661

I would love something like that. Most space anime are just complete shit.

Or rather they hardly take place in space or it's stuff like fish tanks in space.

Hello fellow commander


 No.895930

File: 8b981172803633d⋯.jpg (139.23 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, qsfxxr 9c0687ea096dbfacec7….jpg)

Let me sum up 8/a/ and isekais

>wow, this isekai is GENERIC, all isekais ever are GENERIC therefore shit

>wow, this isekai has a GIMMICK. It's automatically not shit because of this original and unexpected GIMMICK

>wow, this isekai's shitty gimmick didn't make it a masterpiece from the get go. It's almost like you need actual skills in plot, animation and directing to pull off a good job that everyone enjoys

>nah, it's because it didn't have a gimmick. Speaking of which did you hear about this other isekai? It has this cool gimmick you've never heard of before that sets it apart from the rest. It's going to be tubular.

If you look at this thread, this very thread. You'll notice it too: Nobody is really wondering about the plot, the story, the directing, the flow, the voice acting, the animation, the sakuga.

The number one issue these people are interested in is "does it have a gimmick?" and constantly complaining how the genre is generic because

>Oh wow, this is the "seductive woman who is actually a traitor" trope! I've seen it on tvtropes, this makes the show shit.

If it were up to you niggers, no show or book would have a plot because any plot point is a trope and the characters would be dadaist art pieces because every character resembling anything might have a tv tropes article somewhere.

Then you'd complain that it was 2deep4u and an artfest.

Just go back to reddit.


 No.895936

>>895927

Watch ID-0 if you haven't already.

>>895930

That's a lot of butthurt over people being mean about your generic isekai.


 No.895937

>>895936

It's a lot of butthurt over people being reddit, mostly.

Go back to reddit.


 No.895939

File: e6306f2fdb5e209⋯.jpg (103.27 KB, 877x1240, 877:1240, 793a7a974088df4539a3189fbe….jpg)

>>895930

The only good isekai is IseSma.


 No.895944

>>895930

Anons are just sick of isekai shows in the same way other anons are sick of high school RomComs or Idorus K-on clones. Anons know what they like and what they don't like. It's just that isekai has gotten more attention in the anime scene because it's dominated the LN scene the last five years or so. By the three episode mark, it's fairly easy to tell the anons who simply hate it/will shit on it at every opportunity from the anons who are just being tsundere but will watch it to finish despite their alleged "hatred" of it. Plus there's gotta always be at least one shitter who shits on it since it's an imageboard. Isekai LNs are just my personal bread and butter so I don't get sick of them so long as they're interspersed with other shows.

Shield Hero is as generic as the isekai genre gets starting out short of having a demon king. That's what makes it beautiful though is it manages to be generic while keeping you interested in reading what happens next (even if that something is easily guessed). There's never truly a dull moment that would make you drop the series altogether.


 No.895945

>>895930

I totally agree. And a lot of things that TV Tropes call tropes are just the reflect of things that also happen in real life. Maybe people should just write things that make no sense, but that would be "pretentious"... It's a lose or lose situation.


 No.895946

>>895924

Why? Because they would make it popular and thus reward Kadokawa for the shit they pulled? Or because you're the normalfag and expect it to be good after they said "fuck the KF fans"?


 No.895947

>enter videogame world

>get falsely accused of rape

Is this show set in gamergateland?


 No.895951


 No.895956

File: 8a3eb7b2011f87a⋯.png (207.25 KB, 513x551, 27:29, tired_semen_demon.PNG)

>>895930

I'm reading the whole thread and I notice anons talking about the show and how it is compared to the LN/WN,

I guess anon's aren't talking that much about the chapter itself because it didn't really leave a lasting impact. There isn't much to say about the episode because it is "alright" it isn't great, it isn't bad, it's just "alright". I don't know but it's just felt like the tone was too neutral all the time and too inexpressive. I couldn't feel the hype from mc, nor how useless he felt when he spent the whole day killing one balloon, his despair and rage when shit hit the fan felt underwhelming too. They should have hired kaiji's director or someone who can actually show emotion in a visual way. This is an anime, they can use angles, effects and colors schemes to reflect a character's mental state but they settled with using the same shit all the time. Kind of disappointing.


 No.895957

>This is an anime, they can use angles, effects and colors schemes to reflect a character's mental state but they settled with using the same shit all the time.

They managed to do this ever so slightly during the actual accusation scene, when they did the MCs perspective looking up at the king, his guards, and the bitch accusing him, etc. But really that was the only really impactful scene and it seems like it fizzled out midway through it as well.


 No.895961

>>895956

I did notice they fucked up there a bit. In the second accusation scene it portrays MC's entire environment getting sucked in as he damn near has a mental breakdown between the feelings of loss/despair and wrath, so I was hoping they'd have something slightly less tonal but at least impactful with this scene.


 No.895962

File: 9fcb7f17f4e4923⋯.gif (2.88 MB, 600x430, 60:43, 9fcb7f17f4e4923f09522154ae….gif)

>>895957

To a certain extent, MC was more just floored that he had even been accused of a crime he didn't commit the first time around and it didn't set in until after the fact and after realizing he couldn't go back to his own world (even the coin tossing scene happened before him saying "send me back to my world" if I recall correctly). Again though, that's directly from the WN version.


 No.895972

File: 4ca69d81311e29a⋯.jpg (93.45 KB, 790x720, 79:72, p.jpg)

Oh yeah well I liked it. I thought it was pretty interesting in fact! I will be watching this and you grumps can just go away if it doesn't please you.


 No.895973

File: 5933284ee1623c4⋯.jpg (110.76 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, 5933284ee1623c470331f28015….jpg)

>>895972

You got a lot of nerve, punk.


 No.896002

>>895502

>Why? Game mechanics provide a good guideline for the world building, lead to decent skill & magic systems.

You mean horribly uninspired and childish worldbuilding. The escapist fantasy is fine, sure - but adding game mechanics on top of that? That just reeks of manchild.


 No.896004

>>895471

>I can take the stupid cliches and dime store plots, but the game mechanics really irk me.

That's the real reason isekai is a chore, not visiting another world\dimension\planet. Compare:

>>895329

>The game mechanics are equally or more important to define isekai than MC crossing over


 No.896006

File: dff8cb2aded80dc⋯.jpg (43.3 KB, 657x630, 73:70, smug_kaosu.jpg)

>>895972

You sure must have a lot fervor within you to so vehemently announce your personal opinion and how it makes your superior to others on an anti-semitic Okinawan banchou board.


 No.896007

>>895426

>The words shouldn't be used like that

You shouldn't be afraid of understanding more. The only surprising thing is that none realized earlier: there are variants of isekai with frequent dimensional travel, others with few, and others with none that focus on the inhabitants.


 No.896012

I enjoyed this the anime, but I'm reading the LN now and vol 1-4 has read like a Naruto takes revenge on the leaf village fanfiction.

It's pretty trashy so far.


 No.896055

Wheres the second half of the first episode?


 No.896062

>>895282

You can tell when someone reads something without understanding what they reading by their description, you sure sound like a faggot who just read the cliff notes of one of those "Jouanlist" on ANN.

The anime first episode was pretty good, I mean it basically laid out all the necessary information for what's needed and we didn't get cliff hanger it lead straight into the story which is good. As a mangafag I'm looking forward top see if they will butcher the anime or not, to this day I don't understand how animefags haven't ascended to source material status, that's normalfag level of dedication /a/.


 No.896089

>>895872

Give it a few days and they’ll go back to screeching about how Drumpf is evil and blah blah blah.


 No.896096

File: 6929ec4edffd0b4⋯.jpg (88.74 KB, 905x320, 181:64, author's thoughts.jpg)

>>895875

It's not just that, they're also upset about him buying a slave girl and it being depicted in pragmatic terms. It doesn't help that he treats her well and doesn't abuse her, according to the SJWs it's normalising male domination and so on. Tangentially related, here's what the author had to say about it.


 No.896129

>>896096

Well it's good he's not cucking out. The day we start seeing more nip writers fold to SJW pressure is going to be a sad day indeed.


 No.896132

>>896129

The guy probably doesn't even know/care that gaijin twitter drones are making him the latest flavour of the week evil in the world. In that he looks like he's answering an unrelated question instead of being "called out" for his sins against progress.


 No.896137

>man gets accused of attempted rape

>man doesn't immediately get lynched

That is the least realistic part of this isekai anime.


 No.896138

File: cbbe93d277f8eb4⋯.jpg (Spoiler Image, 16.44 KB, 135x376, 135:376, 897a18792e620dfb643b469dc8….jpg)

>>895936

>someone else also watched ID-0


 No.896145

>>896137

He is a hero and probably wouldn't be able to be damaged by them at all. He is also way stronger than the regular guards.


 No.896150

>>895625

>whereas sci-fi space stuff would require a wholly different degree of autism that LN authors seem to lack.

Been writing one myself. It's pure suffering trying to keep the actual mechanics straight. Though having readers correct me on shit is always fun.


 No.896152

Can someone let me know what volume/chapter they get to the island in the ln? That's roughly where I stopped reading it and I've switched computers since then


 No.896163

File: 09645d59fa1e581⋯.jpg (1.36 MB, 1080x1677, 360:559, curious oni.jpg)

>>896150

What's it called?


 No.896181

>>896137

>>896145

They literally say the he would have been executed if he wasn't the hero.


 No.896214

>>896181

Then it shows the hero breaking free and almost killing them all.


 No.896242

File: 106a827ef3c4f7d⋯.jpg (73.01 KB, 524x468, 131:117, 106a827ef3c4f7d3ef6be90344….jpg)

>>895662

>He died

Fuuuuuuck, I was really looking forward to that, too. I thought it was just a really slow update schedule on account of the high quality art. Did that guy do anything else?


 No.896248

>>896214

>Can't pop balloons

He wouldn't kill shit but he possibly could've just left.


 No.896261

>>896214

>Takes several minutes to kill the weakest creature in the entire world

>"Almost killing them all"

Sasuga shitposters


 No.896307

>>896214

>Can't kill trash mob slimesBalloons with proper armor on

>Thinks he'd stand a chance with a basic shield in his underwear against armed guards and possibly three other heros

Contrarian faggots are the worst kind.


 No.896320

File: e787742b3ecdf65⋯.png (1.3 MB, 695x800, 139:160, ClipboardImage.png)


 No.896414

File: 0819d7f8616d9e5⋯.jpg (52.61 KB, 621x433, 621:433, Capture.JPG)

The second episode is shaping up nicely.

https://archive.fo/wypI3


 No.896433

>>895590

>MC getting betrayed by the red slut being as predictable as it was

True, but the extent of the betrayal was unexpected and the reaction from normalfags has been a fun ride.


 No.896436

I like shitty dime store style novels because they are good for light reading with little commitment. This show falls into that category for me.


 No.896437

File: 048f449e00ddfcf⋯.jpg (232.51 KB, 823x720, 823:720, Ain't mah nigga.jpg)

>>895872

>ywn enjoy animu boards like you did in 2008-2013 ever again

Why do normalfags have to push politics into everything? I really hope Nips don't allow them to destroy anime like with entertainment in the west.


 No.896440

File: bc3a2c7f9ecb5ef⋯.jpg (278.13 KB, 577x469, 577:469, Consider the Following BRS….jpg)

>>895930

The thing I hate about most isekai is how the MC is a loser in the real world that is somehow loved by everyone in the new world. Even worse is when they are still referred to as a 'loser' despite everyone being unrealistically drawn to them (like in Re:Zero). It just comes across as some poorly written wish-fulfillment for trash people that wish people would like them in spite of their obnoxious personality and lack of charisma.

Honestly it's refreshing to see an isekai where the MC is a faggot loser in the real world and is the same faggot loser in the new world, still being treated like the trash that he is.


 No.896441

>>896440

Or on the flipside where the MC is a strong character and a strong character in the fantasy world as well. A good example of this is Hitler in Drifters.


 No.896443

File: 7b7f9e1d26fe979⋯.gif (964.8 KB, 500x281, 500:281, heil.gif)

>>896441

Nips give zero fucks about what the west thinks when it comes to the portrayal of Nazis.


 No.896445

>>896443

I'm talking out of my ass here but I believe it's because nips aren't spiritually/religiously tied to the concept of good or evil as the west is.


 No.896449

>>896445

It makes sense since western culture is built around Christianity. Even atheists in the west are still under it's influence with a strong belief in assigning everyone a label of 'good' or 'evil'.


 No.896454

>>896445

>tied to the concept of good or evil as the west is

This is Greek philosophy though, Platonism specifically. You inherited the philosophical foundation of giants who dealt with the absolute.

Bugmen lack this fundamental dimension of humanity because they act like termites: a collective which consumes the enviroment until it collapses and destroys them, triggering a migration.


 No.896460

>>896163

I know I'm going to regret this. Man off the Moon


 No.896462

>>896414

4kids dub confirmed to avoid problematic dialogue?


 No.896466

File: a940be30ab53945⋯.jpg (135.05 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, [HorribleSubs] Tate no Yuu….jpg)

>>896307

>>896261

>>896248

How about you actually watch the shows you want to be contrarians about?


 No.896467

>>896462

In the dub they'll probably change the accusation to "He stole my bra" and make the MC more unlikable in the first episode so that he 'deserved' it.


 No.896477

>>896466

Pretty sure that reaction was explained better in the web novel. He knows martial arts in the web novel- basically the glowing is just from the shield telling him that martial arts are a violation of the weapon clause.


 No.896480

>>896477

But punching balloons is okay?


 No.896481

Here's the thing though, the shield has a pointed edge, just elbow drop anything that with shield of yours.

But an MC that uses fists all right by me.


 No.896491

>>896466

They're slowly losing understanding of male behaviour. Why is the hero resisting? Why is he challenging someone stronger, more numerous?


 No.896503

File: 2a38a5fa356d37e⋯.jpg (70.7 KB, 554x450, 277:225, mwee_shrug.jpg)

>>895249

>Isekai No. 3,001,234


 No.896505

File: 1188ee4123908ea⋯.jpg (35.16 KB, 259x206, 259:206, retarded_smile_well.jpg)

>>896454

>>>/pol/

>>896443

>he says as one can clearly see he is pointing, if one sees the whole scene, despite pretending to do a salute (click of heels); hand was censored anyway

>>895930

>HURR REDDIT

Explain how this perceived behavior is "reddit", faggot.


 No.896509

>>896443

Nazis are usually portrayed because they look cool and for edgyness. That's about it.

The way Hirano uses nazis in many of his works is a perfect example for this.

>>896445

I'd say an extreme divide between side A and B, with no middleground, is more Anglo than Christian.


 No.896512

>>896466

I've read the manga. The entire reason he grabs a slave is because he's absolute shit at melee combat. Even later on he needs to use cheap tricks and the Shield of Rage to even not die in combat. He's got some above-average defense going for him and that's it.


 No.896523

File: 5f40a552d38d210⋯.png (8.83 KB, 564x412, 141:103, ClipboardImage.png)

>>896477

Well, I just re-read that part of the WN and that part is different, he didn't even use his shield, the guard hit him but he didn't feel shit, he punched back but he did no damage to the guard and his hand went numb.


 No.896534

File: 8dfabf9b760bb31⋯.jpg (38.55 KB, 720x720, 1:1, 8dfabf9b760bb316dadf892736….jpg)


 No.896536

>>896477

>martial arts are a violation of the weapon clause.

That's a shame, because he'll never learn shield bashing.


 No.896538

I forgot he found that book. Does that ever get explained?


 No.896539

>>896538

More importantly, is he the only one not killed to get in that world?


 No.896543

>>896539

Watching this first episode, and it seems like there were a ton of plot hooks I forgot like that which got pretty much abandoned. Weird.


 No.896544

>>896543

Not uncommon, good writers keep tabs on little leads like that and weave them into the story later on, so people try to mimic that in a half assed manner that results in them just throwing shit at the wall constantly and occasionally remembering bits and pieces of it.


 No.896546

File: 2aa0ea1a89110af⋯.jpg (209.73 KB, 823x971, 823:971, GandalfVSBalrog.jpg)

I'm fucking fed up with video game mechanics in Japanese fiction. What is the cause of this cancer? Why can't the nips just tell a fantasy story that is fantasy? If I have to hear about level or SKILLU one more goddamn time I am going to have an aneurysm.


 No.896551

>>896539

Yeah, he's the only one.

Spear dude was a womanizer who got stabbed by his yandere girlfriend when she realized he was cheating on her.

Sword dude died trying to saving his friend from a serial murderer when he was going back home

Bow dude had a surprise meeting with truck-kun.


 No.896554

File: 32ba0e23080948a⋯.png (247.56 KB, 510x479, 510:479, 32ba0e23080948a56b6272718c….png)

>>896546

>If I have to hear about level or SKILLU one more goddamn time I am going to have an aneurysm.

Don't worry. Just collect enough EKSU-PEE so your DEFFENSU does REVERU-UPPOO the you'll be able to TANKU your aneurysm.


 No.896557

>>896538

I thought that was obvious. The others are a consolefag, PC MMO player and VRMMO player.

MC spends his time on LNs so that was the way he was summoned, except unlike a game he got to the part that summons him by flipping pages in a library before he could read the book and learn about the world.


 No.896559

>>896551

I Don't get why Isekai heroes aren't traumaticed after coming back from the valley of shadows. If I got stabbed and it seems like I'm in another world I Would at least shocked for a day and maybe even two.


 No.896563

>>896559

You'd need a well written story to take something like that into account. Though in this case I'm giving it the benefit of the doubt. Getting isekai'd could just feel like a bad dream that you just woke up from.


 No.896566

>>896536

>He'll never learn shield bashing

Except he does, but the skill basically just stuns the enemy for a couple seconds even when he uses an offensive spike-based shield.


 No.896567

File: 3e9450ddee64e92⋯.png (202.76 KB, 699x255, 233:85, 3e9450ddee64e92ec6e85b9ba9….png)

>>896538

Other than it teleporting him, it does near the end of the series when MC temporarily gets forced back to his world with his waifu and finds his story in the book/reading further realizes all his friends in the other world died horribly.


 No.896584

>>896538

He's the only one there who doesn't play MMOs or VR games of any kind, this detail is one that isn't outright told to you but it's going to be shown time and again how this has completely poisoned the other 3 heroes perception of what they're getting themselves into.


 No.896600

File: 7826bf54092a81e⋯.png (55.15 KB, 300x495, 20:33, sighing_bestgirl.PNG)

>>896584

So he's the only one who isn't supposed to be a gamer but somehow, during the intro, the guy wakes up, gets up from his bed and logs out from a rpg he had on his pc. If they're going to rearrage shit, the least they could do is try to stay consistent.


 No.896601

>>896584

>>896600

He play games, but in a much less degree. He is a casual who likes to read.


 No.896608

>>896523

>reading LNs

I sincerely appreciate the info, but I've made a pact with myself, that I will kill me if I ever start reading LNs.


 No.896612

>>896608

What's the difference between light novels and regular novels anyway?


 No.896614

>>896600

Singleplayer RPGs are different from MMOs and he certainly doesn't play VR games otherwise he wouldn't be out of the loop every time the other Heroes are mingling with each other. It isn't until he does some underwater exploration that he makes the connection to the RPGs he plays.

>>896612

Complexity of the characters used.


 No.896615

File: b3e85b2a0726910⋯.png (92.62 KB, 251x225, 251:225, smug_kouhai.PNG)

>>896612

The weight.


 No.896617

>>896615

Arrest this man.


 No.896623

>>896614

>It isn't until he does some underwater exploration that he makes the connection to the RPGs he plays.

Don't tell me that poor fuck plays some kind of satanic underwater based rpg


 No.896624

>>896612

>What's the difference between light novels and regular novels anyway?

One is published by a light novel imprint, the other isn't.


 No.896668

>>896614

>Complexity of the characters used.

I can't speak for actual novels, but I've seen pretty complex characters in LNs. It's why certain series like Youjo Senki just don't get translated.

>>896612

Light Novels are like dime store novels/pulp fiction in Japan. They cost between $1-$7 for a volume and are generally pocketbook sized. At least, that was my observations in Akiba. I read all my LNs online so I don't know if that was just the specific store I was in or something else.


 No.896699

>>896694

Wait what? the bitch princess get raped to death?By what or who?


 No.896702


 No.896714

>>896702

>everything under relationship

Maybe it works better in the actual story but the summary seems hilariously over the top evil for no actual end goal. Did author-san get bullied by the class princess when she was in highschool?


 No.896716

>>896714

These kinds of stories where everyone and your mom is a fucking dick are getting really popular. One of the ones that used to get made fun of around here was I think Dungeon Seeker.

But they always inevitably lose their edginess over time, almost like the authors are going through their teenage years as they write them.


 No.896717

>>896716

Well, I always see those kind of stories as stories of healing when done well. The world is cruel and people are dicks, so you need time to find the right people and see the world isn't as bad as it is. It could help both the artist and the readers not to feel so bad about their shitty life.


 No.896722

>>896612

Light novels are "light" because they're both lighter than a regular novel in terms of number of pages, but also the fact that they have illustrations and generally subject matter aimed at a younger audience making them lighter reads.


 No.896724

>>896722

Oh, so smaller books with pictures? Could that be popular in the west?


 No.896727

File: e2cc50371118965⋯.jpg (24.31 KB, 578x266, 289:133, kavanaughbro.JPG)

>>896724

Books for videogamers.


 No.896728

>>896699

If you think that's bad, wait until you get to the extended ending. She was actually a dark goddess. An raphtalia another goddess too. She leaves to save more universes.

Base nippon literature.


 No.896729

>>896728

I thought Shield Hero and Raphtalia become gods and lived over and over adventures while having many children.I never said that is bad. It's cute.


 No.896748

>>896717

>I always see those kind of stories as stories of healing

The problem is that the story needs to end when the healing has completed, but instead they keep stretching the story into infinity. Even if they're completely out of ideas the story has to go on and on and on with no end in sight.


 No.896752

>>896748

>they keep stretching the story into infinity.

Worse, they escalate following the model of shonens. What starts relatable becomes a huge mess of powerlevels.


 No.896754

>>896748

They could fix that by healing others, or have the emotional scars itch when the protagonist is close to the cause of the harm.

How to make an adventure story without powerlevel? I believe Slayers never had powerlevel scaling and instead it was about finding alternative ways to deal with danger and nemesies.


 No.896781

>>896752

When they introduced that one hero, he is explained as being able to take out shield hero in one hit, he just has zero combat experience.


 No.896863

>>896460

I like it.


 No.897342

So... when is the next episode coming.


 No.897354

>>897342

Wednesday.


 No.897355

>>897354

Crap, I'll have to wait then.


 No.897534

File: 7ef7390bf12bf4e⋯.gif (3.66 MB, 480x270, 16:9, hime_mou.gif)

>>897354

But I was looking forward to it now.


 No.897964

File: a95c412b17179bf⋯.png (2.35 MB, 1755x2448, 195:272, Reyn.png)

File: 7b1935eb2171bb9⋯.png (184.2 KB, 410x619, 410:619, Lin-shield.png)

File: da1c8d350301170⋯.png (3.12 MB, 1789x2738, 1789:2738, XC2-Poppi-Artwork.png)

If it's a fantasy world that runs on video game logic, why are shield heroes ridiculed by their peers? Are there no enemies difficult enough to require a dedicated tank class? Even if the rules of the world prevent you from dealing much damage with a sharp-edged shield, you'd think the other classes would be grateful that you draw aggro for them.

Shout out to the Xenoblade franchise for making shields a good weapon class three times.




[Return][Go to top][Catalog][Nerve Center][Cancer][Post a Reply]
Delete Post [ ]
[]
[ / / / / / / / / / / / / / ] [ dir / jenny ]