[ / / / / / / / / / ] [ dir / abdl / asmr / aus / miku / nofap / sl / v9k / x ]

/leftypol/ - Leftist Politically Incorrect

A collective of people engaged in pretty much what the name suggests

Catalog

Name
Email
Subject
Comment *
File
* = required field[▶ Show post options & limits]
Confused? See the FAQ.
Flag
Options
dicesidesmodifier
Password (For file and post deletion.)

Allowed file types:jpg, jpeg, gif, png, webm, mp4, pdf
Max filesize is 12 MB.
Max image dimensions are 10000 x 10000.
You may upload 5 per post.


Tags: leftism (CLICK HERE FOR MORE LEFTIST 8CHAN BOARDS), politics, activism, news

File: 2a36b1352435404⋯.png (5.27 KB, 600x400, 3:2, Flag_of_Esperanto.png)

 No.1501900

Fadeno por Esperantistoj ĉar tie estas multajn homojn sur la maldekstra kiu parolas Esperanton ĉie tie kaj /esperanto/ estas tiom malrapide.

 No.1501955

English is the universal language.


 No.1501960

>>1501955

Yeah but because of spooks that can't be allowed.


 No.1502005

For all the comrades here interested in learning Esperanto, duolingo.com is by far the best option available. It really is amazing how logical and relatively easy it is to learn it. Even if you think it's too euphoric and not likely to ever be used, it's still very useful if you want to learn another language.

>>1501900

Dankon por kreas ĉi tiu fadeno, kamarado. Kvankam, mi kredas:

>tie estas

Devus esti nur "estas"

>ĉie tie

Devus esti "ĉi" tie

>tiom malrapide

Devus esti tro malrapide

Mi estas ankaŭ komencanto, do ne tuj kredu min.

>>1501955

Ya, and the Assyrians/Greeks/Romans/French thought so too of their respective languages.


 No.1502077

>>1501955

someone tell that to amerifats, they need to learn it


 No.1502675

Kiel oni trovas esperantistan koramikinon?


 No.1502734

File: 0487ebf5275142e⋯.jpg (294.31 KB, 960x986, 480:493, tfw your volleyball friend….jpg)

>>1502675

Kiel oni trovas koramikinon?


 No.1503094

>>1501955

Ĝi ne estas bonan lingvon, sed Esperanto estas tre simple por popolo lerni


 No.1503110

>>1502675

>>1502734

Elŝalti el via komputilo kaj iras ekster vian domon


 No.1503177

>>1503110

Mi timas fari tiun.


 No.1503224

Esperanto is too eurocentric.

It's an old ideology made in the 1800s.

It's too idealistic.

In other words, Esperanto is as useless as Marxism.


 No.1503243

>>1502675

Partoprenu en granda esperanto-aranĝo kaj ne estu tute malbela.


 No.1503249

>>1503224

bona logaĵo, aĉulo


 No.1503251

>>1503249

ja la lingvo de paco.


 No.1503264

File: f9abf2e9b15aff6⋯.jpg (75.25 KB, 440x660, 2:3, 1448937285451.jpg)

>>1503243

>ne estu tute malbela.


 No.1503281

>>1503264

Mi jam partoprenis en pluraj esperanto-aranĝoj kaj vera memeo tie estas ni estas "kune solaj". Do, laŭ mi tio kultura memeo disvastiĝis ĉar ĝi ne nur estas esperanta kulturaĵo sed fakte spegulaĵo de la homa kondiĉo.


 No.1503303

>>1503224

Ho rigardas al ĉi tiun fagaton


 No.1503307

>>1503303

rigardu*

Oni ne bezonas la akuzativon post prepozicio kutime.

Estas tre evidente ke vi uzas la guglan tradukilon.


 No.1503310

>>1503281

Mi ne komprenas "kune solaj". Ĉu tiu signifas ke esperantistoj estas ĉie, sed ĉiam malproksime al la aliaj?


 No.1503330

>>1503310

Mi ne povas facile respondi al tiu demando. Oni povus interpreti ĝin kiel rimarko pri la soleco de la ekzistado. Esperantistoj estas tie kune kaj havas bonan tempon tamen ili estas marĝenitaj. Eĉ kun koramikino, vi estus vere sola ĉar neniu krom vi mem iam ajn konos vin tute kaj vere. Ni estas ĉiam sola kaj sola ni mortos. Ĝoja parto de la vivo estas sperti aventuron kun aliuloj por esplori ties ekziston, tamen kun la kono ke ni estas unuopula kaj sola.


 No.1503384

>>1503307

Mi ne uzas guglan tradukilon. Mi estas komencato kiu parolas malbonan Espernaton kaj mi devas legi pri la gramatiko de Esperanto. Antaŭ vi demandu mi uzis duolingo.


 No.1503389

>>1503384

>Antaŭ vi demandu mi uzis duolingo.

Kial vi ne uzas ion plian? Uzi nur unu rimedon ne sufiĉas.

Mi scias ke lernu.net havas kurson por komencantoj.

Jen alia senpaga kurso: http://learn.esperanto.com/en/


 No.1503479

>>1501900

liberal garbage


 No.1503510

>>1503479

ho ve :(


 No.1503568

>>1503479

via patrino.


 No.1504031

>>1503479

La anglo koleras


 No.1504194

>>1503330

Tre saĝa, sed mi ankoraŭ volas brakumi iun.


 No.1504197

>>1504194

Aĉetu hundon. Kaj zorgu pri via korpo.


 No.1504261

>>1504197

Kial hundon?


 No.1504266

>>1504261

Ili taŭgas por brakumi. Ĉu vi ne estas sola?

Aliaj bestoj kiel hamstro aŭ kato ne estas tiom brakumemaj.


 No.1504329

>tsk vi ne komprenas multajn vortojn kaj bezonas uzi vortaron

D-dankon wiktionary. Almenaŭ mi komprenas la plimulto da ili.


 No.1504338


 No.1504360


 No.1504373

>>1504360

Mi ŝatas ties rapidecon. Mi savis ĝin.


 No.1504384

File: 8df29e807ffc61e⋯.pdf (743.14 KB, 440x660, 2:3, Marx&Engels-ManifestodelaK….pdf)


 No.1504390

>>1504384

>Detlev Blanke

La tradukisto estas bona konata en esperantujo ĉar li estis tre aktiva en Orienta Germanio. Li multe tradukis kaj disvastigis la lingvon.


 No.1504401

>>1504360

Tre, tre afabla. Donkegon kamarado.


 No.1504748

bump


 No.1504962

Mi ne konas kiom da Esperantistoj ĉi tie aŭdis tioj ĉi kantoj do mi decidis afiŝi ilin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZfc82CMW2g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVq-dfR3IiQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xb92ElR3ATo


 No.1504977

>>1504962

Bonege. Mi neniam aŭdis ilin. Mi devas forlasi mian domon nuntempe sed post mia reveno mi ja aŭskultos tiujn kantojn.


 No.1506439

bump


 No.1506444

haha nigga how the fuck is esperanto real just learn english lmao


 No.1506731

>>1506444

Mi esperas tiu estas ŝerco


 No.1507023

File: c5805c3ee3dc61b⋯.jpg (30.7 KB, 524x439, 524:439, 1464807451449-0.jpg)


 No.1507027

>>1504962

Mi ankoraŭ ne aŭskultis ilin ĉar mi devas studi..

Eble mi provos nur unu. Kiu estas la plej aŭskultinda?


 No.1507065

>>1501900

why cant everyone just speak latin? its the best language


 No.1507119

>>1507065

Ĉu vi scipovas paroli Latinon? Plejparte estas pro ĝia malfacileco. Esperanto estas bona anstataŭaĵo pro ties facileco.


 No.1507121

>>1507065

“People have taught Esperanto under very bad conditions for some decades, and look – human beings make love in Esperanto. Latin has been taught very intensively for hundreds of years, but you can be certain that even if a priest and a nun were to make love they would not use it under those circumstances. Draw your own conclusions!”


 No.1507128

If using an artificial language as universal, wouldn't it be better to make a new one now, when the appropriate sciences are far, far more evolved than when Esperanto was made? Not to mention it would involve a lot more brainpower than one lone nerd.


 No.1507145

>>1507128

Esperanto is already a living language. Sure, a better one could be made, but if you ever academically study the history of constructed languages, you will realize that many decisions are subjective. People will literally destroy an emerging language movement over disagreements about petty irrelevant stuff. Similar to ideological factions in the Left.

I would completely support a new language made by Noam Chomsky and other leading linguists, however the very idea of a universal language is simply not part of the conversation. I chose to learn Esperanto and continue to use it in the hope to be part of a community of people who view themselves of a world wide community. It's the idea that matters.

Esperanto is easy enough and it's a good way to encourage people to face the Language Problem our global civilization is facing.


 No.1507247

>>1507145

>you will realize that many decisions are subjective.

Well that's something I can't tell. I suppose I implicitly assumed that it was possible to build a language on objectively superior choices and such.

>People will literally destroy an emerging language movement over disagreements about petty irrelevant stuff. Similar to ideological factions in the Left.

Yeah I can see that.

>Esperanto is easy enough and it's a good way to encourage people to face the Language Problem our global civilization is facing.

But isn't the current widespreadness of English enough? Sure it loses a bit of "internationalism", but it's very easy to learn.


 No.1507263

File: 41086d289ec48dd⋯.gif (649.41 KB, 350x204, 175:102, 1pSrCRi.gif)

>>1507247

>English

>Easy to learn


 No.1507274

>>1507247

A language can be objectively built to be easy to learn. And Esperanto is without a doubt objectively easier to learn than any other language, including English.

Could Esperanto have been objectively better built with our modern knowledge of linguistics? Of course. However I doubt it would be worth the effort. But that is just my opinion. In order for a new language to replace the Esperanto movement to appear, enough people have to choose to actually want to learn the Esperanto language and support a universal language in general.

The biggest obstacle to a truly universal language spreading is limited by the myth you just mentioned. Westerners and educated bourgeois people abroad have a belief that English is already the universal language. It is without a doubt widespread, but most people are simply unable to learn it. Learning a natural ethnic language takes a lot of time and resources, something you know as a leftist that isn't equally distributed. Esperanto is capable and already has bridged the language divide for many people.


 No.1507280

>>1507274

>objectively

>objectively

someone needs to read Neitzsche and shut the fuck up


 No.1507288

File: bbdc99fe39da698⋯.gif (248.73 KB, 500x375, 4:3, [Gun Sounds].gif)

>>1507274

Esperanto also lacks the nuance or communicative specificity of English.

Also, because the userbase is many magnitudes larger, English advances at a rate incomparable to the snail's pace of Esperanto. Objectively, English is the better use of those time and resources that you worry so much about. Claiming otherwise is just a different attempt to control speech and fit it into a bubble that better serves your ideology.

Now I don't really care if your intentions are selfish, but let's not pretend that a dead language is going to overtake the current Lingua Franca- you'd be better off learning Mandarin, Russian or Arabic if you had fears of that.


 No.1507293

>>1507263

I don't mean to demean the language or the native speakers or anything, but yeah as far as my personal experience goes, English is very easy at least comparatively.


 No.1507296

>>1507263

It is though. You can literally learn it from goddamn video games.


 No.1507299

>>1507274

>Westerners and educated bourgeois people abroad have a belief that English is already the universal language. It is without a doubt widespread, but most people are simply unable to learn it. Learning a natural ethnic language takes a lot of time and resources, something you know as a leftist that isn't equally distributed.

This thing with ethnic languages is something I hadn't considered. Things like figures of speech and slang, right? Good point.


 No.1507304

>>1507299

Figures of speech and slang arise from trivial developments in communication. If, in some fantasy world, a functional nation or culture spoke nothing but Esperanto it would naturally (and rapidly) evolve into something "difficult to learn" by your unfortunate standards.

The problems you list are fantasy, and the pros are little more than wishful thinking.


 No.1507310

>>1507288

>Esperanto also lacks the nuance or communicative specificity of English.

As a native English speaker and fluent Esperanto speaker I can simply state that that is not true. It is a common preconception people have when they first hear about any constructed language. Esperanto is considered a fully-fledged language by linguists, and as any Undergraduate Linguistic student knows, all human languages are equally capable of expressing thought.

I have no pretension that Esperanto will ever overtake English. But you obviously have some preconceived bias. You seem to imply that Esperantists want to control speech, maybe you're thinking of newspeak from 1984.

English without a doubt is a better use of any worker's time if their goal is immediate access to information and communication. But in the long run English simply takes many more times to learn than Esperanto, or any other international auxiliary language.


 No.1507318

File: a5a5e7ceddeac03⋯.jpg (16.88 KB, 225x225, 1:1, esperanto lernu.jpg)

>>1507299

No, I am referring to grammatical exceptions, gender, verbal tenses, and for English in particular, orthography is a barrier.

>>1507304

>Figures of speech and slang arise from trivial developments in communication.

True.

>Esperanto it would naturally (and rapidly) evolve into something "difficult to learn"

His standards of difficulty are not based on guess and not linguistic knowledge. But idioms would indeed appear in Esperanto and they already have. Idioms and figures of speech are part of any human culture and they already appear in the Esperantist community. It does not make the language harder to learn, since one learns the figures of speech inherently by being part of the international community.

And also, the goal of Esperanto is not to be the national language of any nation. That is a misconception. The goal is to be the international second language for all.


 No.1507325

>>1507310

The key word there is "capable," and you make a lot of >implications about my own knowledge for someone talking of bias.

Simply because we can invent or take loan-words to cover certain holes left in Esperanto due to its infrequent use doesn't mean that it covers the breadth of human experience adequately- or that it will ever be a suitable English replacement so long as its userbase is strictly bored Linguists and grad students.

It faces the same problem every constructed language faces- instead of evolving naturally to handle the circumstances of its host-culture, its transplanted into one and must be adapted to match. You can talk all day about how "hard" English is to learn in comparison- it's exactly that nuance and complexity which Esperanto lacks that makes it so.

Objectively, and even "in the long run," whatever you mean by that, English is the better choice, followed closely by the other major languages of the world presently.


 No.1507337

File: d6c2aafc191cfb0⋯.jpg (238.64 KB, 1630x1080, 163:108, chinese kids.jpg)

>>1507325

Esperanto was at one point more than bored linguists and grad students, similarly to how the Left was once more than University Professors and grad students.

Esperantists volunteered during the Spanish Civil War, were active in the Early Soviet Union, and were actively resisting both Stalinism and Hitler, but obviously lost after that and became irrelevant.

I am not sure which host culture you're referring to. Esperanto is generally used in international gatherings or on the internet. There is definitely a lot of influence from China, Eastern Europe, and Brazil but I feel safe to say that these cultures and diverse enough and none of them in particular seem to dominate. Instead an internationalist culture naturally emerges.

You seem fine discriminating against constructed languages without obviously knowing much about them. You believe ethnic languages are inherently superior and there is obviously nothing I can do to change your mind.


 No.1507346

>>1507296

You can learn any language from video games.


 No.1507348

>>1507346

Especially when you're a child and still in the critical period to learn a new language.


 No.1507352

>>1507288

>Esperanto also lacks the nuance or communicative specificity of English.

lol I bet you are an expert.


 No.1507353

>>1507337

>that these cultures are diverse enough***


 No.1507356

>>1507310

>all human languages are equally capable of expressing thought.

I have an MA in linguistics. This is wrong. A basic look into the current discussions around sapir-whorf, and the languages that are commonly used as examples, will immediately show you that all languages are not equal in this respect.


 No.1507362

>>1507356

Strong sapir-whorf theory has been discredited for the most. Only the soft version is respected by most mainstream linguists. And the soft version does not contradict my stance, that all languages equally capable of expressing human thought.

There are definitely theories which I would love to learn more about and they may possibly be proven to be right later on, but for now they are definitely in the fringe.


 No.1507371

>>1507325

>take loan-words

A third of English words is from French and an other third from Latin.


 No.1507417

>>1507362

A language that only has the words "one", "two", and "many" for numeric units does not equally express the thoughts of a language with a number system like ours. That language is capable of expressing the thoughts of the people who speak it, I assume if they had a need to express specific numbers they would have devised a way to do so. But you can't say that this language is equally capable of expressing in general human thought- as in, the amount of ideas that can be expressed in that language are reduced.


 No.1507593

>>1507027

Kion vi studas?


 No.1507807

>>1507593

Mi nuntempe studas la programadon.


 No.1508174

File: 6785d93379ee1b0⋯.png (4.2 MB, 1920x1200, 8:5, 7efcbbc34a81df3e475feb49e4….png)

Memorigilo, estas fekafisxejo je 8ch.

>>>/esperanto/

Ankaux, fek al la anglan defenantoj, la anglan estas malbona, kaj mi parolas gxin denaske.


 No.1508203

>>1507417

They should just have done a binary number system. That would work well with the language.


 No.1509111

>>1507128

The only aspect that modern linguistics could do with creating a universal language would be to make it as easy to learn for the most people as possible. But Esperanto is already significantly easier to learn than any other language, and the aspects that make it easy, it's consistency, regularity, and logical structure can't really be improved upon in any significant way.


 No.1509417

>>1508174

/esperanto/ estas malbona.


 No.1509720

>>1508174

Ĉu vi kreis tiun bildon? Mojosege, ĉiuokaze.


 No.1509773

File: 631e25507e5620c⋯.png (392.25 KB, 800x442, 400:221, a97748d9f99df2a9c14c742d16….png)

File: 217231f5ff90f62⋯.jpg (431.84 KB, 1920x1074, 320:179, UZMKD6H.jpg)

>>1509720

Jes, dankegon.

E S T E T I K O J placxas al mi.


 No.1509891

>>1509773

Mi ŝatus lerni kiel fari tiajn bildojn.

Mi ne havas monon por Photoshop, tamen mi legis ke GIMP estas sufiĉe pli bona nun ol antaŭ kvin jaroj. Ĉu vi havas sperton kun GIMP kaj laŭ vi, ĉu ĝi estas sufiĉe bona por krei similajn bildojn?


 No.1512774

bampo


 No.1512835

>>1509891

Mi kreis cxi tiujn bildojn per GIMP


 No.1512912

>>1512835

Ĉu vi havas aliajn bildojn? Eĉ ne rilate al Esperanto?


 No.1514322

File: cfa5d9672f5230f⋯.gif (529.93 KB, 640x360, 16:9, 1417617681400.gif)

Mia elektronika librlegilo ne povas montri literojn kun ĉapeloj en EPUB.


 No.1514365

>>1514322

Trovu iun pli bonan.


 No.1514567

>>1514365

Mi ne havas monon.


 No.1514668

>>1507121

> Latin has been taught very intensively for hundreds of years

Only if you were a noble or muh privileged

>they would not use it under those circumstances

Yes! In the past Latin was used as a reference language. A common one, until of course it was replaced by English. When Latin was popular people (elites for the layman didn't know to read his own language) were extremely nationalistic.

This led to them using Latin only when it was strictly necessary.

What you say it's true just because people who know Esperanto generally don't give a shit about the bigoted concept of a nation.

Latin was imposed onto people because it was necessary. people hated it but needed it.

Esperanto speakers are passionate about the language.

I think Latin should be the universal language. (Esperanto, is influenced by it)

Latin used to be the language of the land ( Europe) Esperanto has no connection to the people.

It would be more convenient to use Latin globally because scientific language is Latin.


 No.1515099

File: 5fa3af6050853f6⋯.jpg (70.57 KB, 400x1600, 1:4, kcftx7A.jpg)

File: 0738b799a05d5b4⋯.png (393.02 KB, 988x593, 988:593, bda95320afaaffff524a868fe0….png)

File: 1b8f2819b0bb62f⋯.png (599.28 KB, 1400x1400, 1:1, 1482900986701.png)

File: b30399b8c62f143⋯.png (82.77 KB, 1000x1000, 1:1, 1467267766514.png)

>>1512912

Jes, mi ne uzas mia komputilio nun, mi afisxos tiam.

Mi afisxos kelkaj ilin al imgur por ke mi ne spamos la fadeno

Cxi tie estas kelkaj mi havas en mia telefono.


 No.1515297

>>1512912

Cxi Tie ili estas

https://imgur.com/a/3M4rg

Iu demandas pri mia bildoj estas tre bona sento, dankon.


 No.1515330

>>1515099

>mvk ĉi tiuj fadenoj devigi min akzerci Esperanto kaj danis ĉi tiun bonegan vortaron al mi

"Esperantist" flago kiam?


 No.1515519

>>1514668

>I think Latin should be the universal language. (Esperanto, is influenced by it)

>

>Latin used to be the language of the land ( Europe) Esperanto has no connection to the people.

You seem like someone that needs to read Benedict Anderson's Imagined Communities. The international Esperanto community is as legitimate as any other community which shares a language and culture. The borders between Sweden and Norway is as arbitrary as those between Italy and France, or any other place where a language continuum existed.

However I do agree with you, Latin should be the universal language but it should be simplified. The main reason why Esperanto thrived while other communities failed is because Esperanto was designed to be easy to learn, not to be similar to any one particular ethnic language (grammatically).


 No.1515560

>>1514668

I'm nearly positive everyone who says Latin should be a universal or international language has never tried to learn it. It's very complex and extremely irregular. Zamenhof thought the same as you do, then he started learning Latin and realize how bad of an idea it is, so he made Esperanto instead.

>>1515519

There's zero reason to try to push an artificial, created version of Latin as a universal language. Not only is it explicitly European, it is also a dead language without the number of international speakers Esperanto has.


 No.1515651

>>1515560

Latin has prestige, that's a big factor why a language has success. Esperanto has a stigma for two main reasons, it's considered not complete because it's artificial. This is because people without a linguistic background assume that it's impossible to create a language.

Second, Esperanto was made by a Jew. We live in a racist society where any ideology made by a Semite is dismissed. Look at how much Americans hate Soros but are totally fine with Robert Mercer or David Koch.


 No.1515670

>>1515651

>Latin has prestige, that's a big factor why a language has success.

No, a big factor is how useful a language is. Latin is dead and only enthusiasts learn it now, and it was only learned in the past because it was the only international language; it's never going to be revived and spoke by normal people throughout the world because it's concretely Eurocentric and very difficult to learn.

> it's considered not complete because it's artificial

A person who actually cares about an international auxiliary language isn't going to let that matter to them.

>We live in a racist society where any ideology made by a Semite is dismissed

That's ridiculous. Most people are /pol/tards and most Americans have nothing against Jews or are infatuated with them, like the religious right or Zionist Hollywood.

>Look at how much Americans hate Soros but are totally fine with Robert Mercer or David Koch.

Soros is the conservative boogeyman while Koch is the liberal one; even still Soros is a much shittier and shadier person and most people who hate him hate him because of what he did and does, not because he's a Jew. Both major political parties in America bend over backwards for Israel and criticism of it is often painted as antisemitism; Jews are only hated in American by the far-right, and only some of it.


 No.1515673

>>1515670

most people aren't /pol/tards*


 No.1516211

File: 835d0f7fc835421⋯.png (327.64 KB, 1000x1000, 1:1, 8e83e94ff77f6d2fbe7b7e3adb….png)

>>1515099

>i luv maki

Sed Nico estas la plej bona knabino.


 No.1516958


 No.1517341

bonvolu paroli kun mi


 No.1517623

>>1507023

uff mia peniso


 No.1517672

>>1517341

pri kio?


 No.1517703

>>1517672

Ne gravas.


 No.1517720

>>1517703

Kion vi opinias pri Richard Spencer kaj lia subteno de universala asekureco por ĉiuj? Tiu faŝisto nun êc kontraŭstaras kaptailismon. Mi tute ne komprenas en kia mondo ni loĝas.


 No.1517758

>>1517720

Mi ne estas usonano do mi ne konas lin, mi nur vidis la filmeton kiam iu batis lin. Sed faŝismo ofte aperas kiel kontraŭkapitalisma, tio ne estas nova afero (en Eŭropo).


 No.1517768

>>1517758

En Usono tio ja estas nova. Mi opinias ke la kialo por tiu noveco estas ke ni tre timis ion ajn kontraŭkapitalisman ĉar la Sovetunio estis nia nacia kontraŭlo. Nun sen la daŭra propagando kontraŭkomnunisme de la antaŭaj generacioj, la junaj usonanoj pli bone komprenas marksismon. Ambaŭ flankoj, la dekstruloj kaj maldekstruloj nun prenas iun inspiron de kontraŭkapitalisma politiko. Laŭ mi tio estas tre interesa.


 No.1517874

>>1517768

Mi dubas ke la junularo komprenas marksismon, sed kontraŭkapitalismaj sentoj fakte populariĝas.

Bedaŭrinde mi devas dormi nun, ni parolu morgaŭ!


 No.1518825

Kie vi loĝas kamaradojn?


 No.1518979

>>1518825

Mi loĝas en Usono. Mi ne volas malkaŝi la subŝtaton. Kaj vi?


 No.1518986

>>1518979

Mi ankaŭ loĝas en Usono en la subŝtato de Majno


 No.1518988

>>1518986

Ho interese. Mi scias ke via subŝtato havas pli ol tri esperantistoj almenaŭ. Ĉu iu provis ekstarigi konversacian grupon?


 No.1519119

>>1518988

Mi ne pensas iu en ĉi tiu lokto komencis koversacian grupon.


 No.1519131

>>1519119

Mi opinias ke aliĝi aŭ eĉ krei tian grupon tre gravas nun. La komunumo kreskas pro la lastatempa duolingua injekto, sed sen reala ligo al veraj homoj, multaj komencantoj neniam vere iĝos fluaj.


 No.1520423

>>1518825

Hungario


 No.1521324

>>1519131

Mi komencos grupo baldaŭ


 No.1521338

>>1521324

ĉu? urba aŭ universitata?


 No.1521397

>>1521338

Mi volas komenci grupo sur la Interro por sociolistojn Esperantistojn ĉi tie. Eble mi ankaŭ kreisos grupo en realo kiam mi povi.


 No.1521410

>>1521397

Se mi estus vi, mi kontaktus SAT kaj kreus branĉon de ĝi en via subŝtato.

Tiel vi estus ligita al jam ekzistanta internacia organizaĵo kun homoj tutmonde kiuj donus al vi profesiaj konsiloj.

https://eo.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sennacieca_Asocio_Tutmonda


 No.1525770

bump


 No.1525908

>>1525770

Kial vi ĉiam ne respondas dum pluraj tagoj, ignoras la antaŭan konversacion kaj elektas bumpi la fadenon? Tio estas malĝentila.


 No.1525932

>>1525908

fek al vi


 No.1525937

>>1525932

fek al via patrino.


 No.1525966

>>1525937

via patrino estis hamstro kaj via patro odoris sambukon


 No.1525970

>>1525966

Via familio odoras idistojn.


 No.1526014

File: 66a84238950be01⋯.jpg (178.71 KB, 1083x720, 361:240, 1372926500664.jpg)

>>1525970

Mi pardonpetas, mi ne intencas kolerigi vin tiom multe.


 No.1526199

File: 3fcc5dc3011107c⋯.jpg (84.93 KB, 550x816, 275:408, Captain Fantastic.jpg)

Ĉu iu alia vidis ĉi tiun filmon? Ĝi estas pri "anarcho-primitivist" marksista familio vojaĝi al la urbo por la funebraĵo de ilia patrino; la du filinoj estas esperantistoj kaj estas amuza sceno kie ili paroli ĝin.

Ĝi estas tre amuza kaj ĝenerale bonega filmo.

>tsk vi ne komprenis kion ili diris


 No.1527008

Kiel vi akzercas esperanton? Ĉu iu ajn havas iojn simplajn aû facilajn librojn por komencantoj?


 No.1527067

Lifestyleism


 No.1527237

>>1526014

Mi pripensos la aferon iom plu.

>>1526199

Mi feliĉas ĉar sufiĉe granda filmo havis bonan kaj klaran esperanton. Domaĝe ke ĝi ankoraŭ estas nur amuzaĵo en tiu medio, anstataŭ respektata lingvo.


 No.1527260

File: 6b13f6197aa000f⋯.jpg (344.04 KB, 1000x1000, 1:1, 1404877695097.jpg)

I think I've discovered why autists like esperanto so much, because its so artificial and therfore removes the emotional contexts needed in a natural language and why in general no auxlang has been fully naturalist because the autists that develop them are not concerned with said contexts or customs


 No.1527550

>>1527237

La filmo estas nur komedio-dramo. Mi estas feliĉa ke, iu en Holivudo konas pri esperanto. Eble "normie" eklernas esperanton pro la filmo.

>>1527260

t. someone who doesn't understand linguistics

It is the human speaker that gives emotion to the words of a language, not some inherent quality of the language. For a language to be truly international it can't have culture specific customs or idioms.


 No.1527654

Is this the wrong thread? Tell me to fuck off if so.

I've been thinking about this a bit, and since Esperanto never took off I wonder if it would be better to try making a new conlang for the working class or maybe even specifically for the revolution. There are obvious benefits to having our own conlang. One is it makes it harder for counterrevolutionaries to meddle with us. Another is that we can shape the language to fit our concepts, which may not be well-supported by natural languages.

One thing I find interesting is the way that nerds can get caught up in fictional worlds and languages, to the neglect of the real world. Think of all the people who know Klingon or Elvish and associated politics/history, but know jack about non-fictional languages and history. Could an explicitly revolutionary language be propagated into a significant number of people by embedding it in some nerdy scifi/fantasy setting? For that matter, could something similar be done with history?


 No.1527656

>>1527067

Honestly, I think languages, linguistics, and language construction should be part of basic education. Everything about how people think is shaped by language.


 No.1527678

>>1527654

>I've been thinking about this a bit, and since Esperanto never took off I wonder

Dude, there's literally people in this thread having conversations in it. It's the most widely spoken conlang in the world and the only one with motherfucking native speakers. The fact that it's still alive after a hundred years of sabotage, repression, and french/anglofags doing their best to keep it from taking their place as the world language says a lot about it. Whatever drawbacks Esperanto has as an IAL is too minuscule for someone to create a language as good as it is and better enough for people to learn it. Esperanto already has a decent history of socialism/communism and we should try to add to that and shape the language to become more revolutionary and working class.


 No.1527687

>>1527678

>trying to pass of esperanto as the world language

>mandarin and english aren't the world languages or french or german or arabic

>culture doesn't matter, the way people think, relate and their genetics don't affect their languages

>being this fucking stupid

honestly this is why the social sciences need to be purged. too many stupid fucking """""""leftists""""""" who think genes and exclusive social groups don't matter


 No.1527691

>>1527678

>Esperanto already has a decent history of socialism/communism and we should try to add to that and shape the language to become more revolutionary and working class.

Ok, maybe you should read the rest of my post because that's relevant to what I was saying.


 No.1527697

>>1527550

>>1527260

You don't have to understand linguistics to know that this notion is nonsense.


 No.1527735

>>1527687

I honestly have no idea what you're even trying to say. Obviously Esperanto isn't the world language, but it's the only IAL that has a chance of being the one. Esperanto isn't even about replacing a person's native language, but as acting as a universal second language so that all humans can communicate with each other.

>>1527691

I did. As far as I understood, you said we should create a new conlang to be specifically proletariat and revolutionary, and I'm saying that it'd be better if we influenced Esperanto to change towards that.


 No.1527783

>>1527735

>As far as I understood, you said we should create a new conlang to be specifically proletariat and revolutionary, and I'm saying that it'd be better if we influenced Esperanto to change towards that.

Fair enough. I should have been clearer. A lot of languages natural or artificial, are very simplistic in their grammar and vocabulary. Whether an outgrowth of Esperanto, something separate, or with some other relationship, should revolutionaries have their own language with vocabulary, grammar, concepts of things and relationships, that are specific to a revolutionary context? I mean to the degree of having verbs conjugate relative to a dialectic paradigm. That kind of thing. Could/should auxiliary language be built from this kind of philosophy so that to use it people have to think in a different way?

The other point wasn't addressed at all really, which is: is there a way to propagate languages more effectively? People tend to get excited about conlangs in fiction and make little communities for that. Is there some way to use this kind of thing for propagating both a revolutionary language, Esperanto or not, and the ideas it's designed to foster?


 No.1528205

>>1527654

Esperanto did sort of take off as a revolutionary language and then it got crushed first by Stalin the 30s and then Hitler in the 40s. Crushing the clearly an anti-capitalist movement seriously support it. The only remaining remnants of that era is SAT, a leftist organization still active within the Esperanto movement.

http://www.nodo50.org/esperanto/anarkiismo.htm#historio2

>>1527687

No one is claiming that Esperanto is the world lingua franca. We're simply saying that it was a leftist language created for the purpose of internationalism.

>>1527783

>should revolutionaries have their own language with vocabulary, grammar, concepts of things and relationships, that are specific to a revolutionary context

I don't think we need a new language just to have concepts and words regarding revolution. Any modern language, be it Esperanto, Estonian, or Swahili can be altered to fit revolutionary needs by word choice.

> verbs conjugate relative to a dialectic paradigm.

Can you further elaborate?

People get excited about artificial language when they are exposed to it and know a community may exist already. LotR didn't get a elvish learning horde immediately. Klingon was introduced in Star Trek after the series was immensely popular. Other TV shows that had actually fully functioning conlangs didn't have their languages spread because the show wasn't popular, such as L'Irathi from Defiance. However, Avatar, even if it was only one movie so far, did get hundreds of people to learn basic Na'vi.

The way to get a language to spread is to make it clear that a domain for it exists. That really gets the ball rolling and makes other people fall into the bandwagon. The biggest problem for Esperanto is that people consider it to either be a dead, or too idealistic. People think Klingon and Elvish are cute, but get freaked out when internationalist ideologues chose to communicate in a language of internationalism. They view concepts like communism, anarchism, and Esperanto as utopian at best. They make up reasons why it can't work. Too artificial, human languages/societies can't be organized by man, the point to the free market. Liberals rationalize and fight against something they don't understand.

>>1527550

>La filmo estas nur komedio-dramo. Mi estas feliĉa ke, iu en Holivudo konas pri esperanto. Eble "normie" eklernas esperanton pro la filmo.

La filmo fakte ne havis grandan buĝeton laŭ mia memoro. Ĝi ankaŭ ne estis tiom populara. Sed eble mi devus pensi pli pozitive, almenaŭ filmo montris bonan parolatan esperanton.

Mi dubas ĉu normalulo eklernos la lingvon. Mi esperas ke aliulo kiu jam antaŭe komencis rekomencos post spekti tiu scenon.


 No.1528721

>>1527550

>>1527697

the expression the speaker gives to the words and the meaning of the words are different hings

any sarcastic expression is a good example of this

Still, that doesn't make esperanto any less artificial


 No.1528758

>>1528721

>Still, that doesn't make esperanto any less artificial

>artificial

It's something about the aesthetics of this word or concept that really trips people up. Esperanto is was artificially created, but there is a community around it now. It's a living language.

Sort of like how much standard languages like Italian, Hebrew, and German had to be written down and pushed on others that didn't speak it before. Or how the French and Spanish academies constantly push "artificial' constraints on languages.


 No.1528782

>>1528758

Its artificial because its not comparable to a natural language.

the small vocabulary makes it feel dumb, a large vcabulary aids expression and does not make learning difficult

The lack of irregularities make it mechanical, irregularities actually help you when learning a language because they expose the studient to more factiors functions and contexts

The attempt to make it culturally nautral makes it boring, learning a language is a cultural experience, if the sutdient sumerges in the culture of the target language adquisition should not be a problem because one does not learn a language, one gets used to it and that is the issue with esperanto, you learn it like a dance instead of getting used to it like a language

That is why english a language with a massive vcabulary, many irregularities and specifications to ts culture dominates the world because there are tons of movies and books to consume and get used to it. I never studied english formally, just watched TV and read comics


 No.1528786

>>1528782

> its not comparable to a natural language.

Wrong.

I won't even refute all the falsehoods in your statement. You have preconceived notions, such as the size of its vocabulary, which you feel like it's true just because it's a first gut reaction. You're literally being a reactionary.


 No.1528854

>>1528782

>I never studied english formally, just watched TV and read comics

It shows.


 No.1528954

"Their research also included interviews with everyone from scholars to Esperanto-speaking families. They met with native Esperanto speakers, whose parents – each from different linguistic backgrounds – had chosen Esperanto as a neutral language. Others learned Esperanto out of political conviction or to reap the cognitive benefits of speaking a language with streamlined grammar and syntax."

Kiel kutime, oni ne mencias la politikan historion de la movado.

http://news.stanford.edu/2017/03/30/students-explore-esperanto-across-europe/


 No.1529018

File: 433affa526a1cde⋯.gif (1.84 MB, 325x244, 325:244, 1397036444226.gif)


 No.1530939


 No.1532375

>>1530939

Ĉu eblas afiŝi aliajn pdf-ojn tie ĉi?


 No.1532974

>>1507310

> as any Undergraduate Linguistic student knows, all human languages are equally capable of expressing thought.

Is this really true? I recall reading that Russian is amazing for Sci-Fi (somehow) and that translations simply can't compete.


 No.1532998

>>1532974

The Eastern Block during the cold war had amazing science fiction authors, but my favorite is Stanisław Lem, a Pole.

My favorite Russian piece is probably Мы, by Yevgeny Zamyatin.


 No.1534074

>>1515651

Esperanto will never succeed. Ease doesn't matter. Popular capital does. Any European can go to Spain, France, Germany, and Poland and they can immediately find an English speaker.

I doubt those countries even have active Esperanto movements.


 No.1534252

>>1534074

>muh self-fulfilling prophecy

>muh crystal ball

>muh english chauvinism


 No.1534263

>>1534252

>>muh english chauvinism

This is why the left is the laughing stock. English works. We are all using English. This snowflake language will never spread beyond the fringe left and some fringe liberals.

Learn the language of actually working people like Mandarin or Hindi instead.


 No.1534373

>>1534263

Ya, and everyone said the same shit about every other fucking international language that's now either dead or just a national one. Saying English works is easy to say as someone who already knows it, and likely is their native language. It certainly doesn't work for everyone else who need to spend years learning a difficult language, especially for people who don't have the muh privilege of living in the first-world with good education and plenty of free time.


 No.1535726

>>1534373

Every educated European already speaks English. Eventually the rest of the world will catch up.


 No.1535754

>>1534074

Kiam /esperanto/ revenos?


 No.1535766

>>1535754

Ĝi neniam revenos. Ĉu vi vere opinias ke la rolseĝulo zorgas pri ni?


 No.1535775

File: ac82f56b820f639⋯.jpg (270.96 KB, 1920x1200, 8:5, ac82f56b820f6391131e0fc333….jpg)

>>1535766

Ĝi jam revenis. >>>/esperanto/ funkcias.


 No.1535781

File: 678157c7fb06f8c⋯.gif (2.06 MB, 162x152, 81:76, beardo.gif)

>>1535775

Mi feliĉas tie ĉi.


 No.1535814

>>1535766

La rulseĝulo parolas Esperanton…


 No.1535818

>>1535814

Tio ne veras kaj post via afiŝo mi provis iri al la subĉano kaj ĝi ne funkciis. Kial vi mensogas tiom?


 No.1535844


 No.1535860

File: 6f1af30d6f4c89c⋯.gif (1.1 MB, 371x209, 371:209, triggered.gif)

>>1535844

Nekredeble. Mi estas tute ŝokita…verdire tute.


 No.1535923

>Thread deleted or pruned

what


 No.1535935

>>1535923

Tio estis la sama eraro kiu mi vidis antaŭe tamen mi ĵus kontrolis kaj la fadeno ankoraŭ estas tie, neforigita.


 No.1536706

>>1535935

stranga


 No.1539089

>>1536706

Ne tiom. La retejo ne estas fidinda nun.


 No.1541780

>tvk vi ne havas qt esperantistan koramikinon

>tvk vi ne havas iom ajn esperantistajn amikojn

Ĉu iu ajn uzis esperantan "penpal" paĝaron?


 No.1541786

File: 2668fdf25e66ce2⋯.png (18.66 KB, 400x400, 1:1, pepe mastur.png)

>>1541780

Mi preferas paroli kun veraj esperantistoj ekster la interreto.

Vi nur trovus koramikinon per vianda interago. En la reala mondo.


 No.1543151

File: feb1c66a7cea6ea⋯.jpg (49.15 KB, 960x756, 80:63, 6ef6a5859532383efa6f2eeacb….jpg)

>>1535844

>Kiam Fredrick Brennan parolas Esperanto


 No.1543170

File: a1f54ca29a42120⋯.png (575.07 KB, 598x802, 299:401, hill consume.png)

>>1543151

Kion vi opinias pri la milita ago de Usono en Sirio hodiaŭ?


 No.1543244

>>1543170

Mi supportas la "YPG/YPJ" sed ne estas perfekta kaj mi zorgas pri la fakto ili ricivas monon el Usono kiel aliajn grupojnUsono uzas/uzos ilin por la ŝtelisti de oleo en Sirio kaj se post la milito Rojavo decidi ke ili ne volas esti kune Usono en politikojn decidojn Usono decidos ke la "YPG/YPJ" estas malamikojn.


 No.1543265

File: 5fd6b4c59eb8521⋯.jpg (193.23 KB, 500x500, 1:1, american pack.jpg)

>>1543244

Ankaŭ mi subtenas Roĵavon kaj la kurdojn tie. Tamen la milita ago okazis en Alepo, urbo kiu estas regata per Assad.

Mi opinias ke Usono daŭre subtenos la siriajn kurdojn tamen subteni la kurdojn kaj ataki Assadon estas du malsamaj aferoj.

Ĝis nun ni ne militis kontraŭ Assad rekte.


 No.1543294

File: 1b867e3c2635303⋯.gif (857.88 KB, 240x228, 20:19, disgust.gif)

File: 29d111a6b72478e⋯.png (72.9 KB, 857x463, 857:463, Screenshot from 2017-04-07….png)


 No.1543350

>>1543294

ĉu li kaŝe estas maldekstrulo?


 No.1545639

bump


 No.1545685

File: 2acfb8645ff6c3c⋯.gif (3.78 MB, 390x279, 130:93, sport players.gif)

>>1545639

Kial vi ne afiŝas ion utilan?


 No.1546248


 No.1546403

>>1501955

Fermu vian buŝon, pleba


 No.1546863


 No.1546886

this meme needs to die

you dont need to force an international language when global capitalism already provides it: english

selling us the rope we will hang them with


 No.1546897

>>1546886

>this meme needs to die

Any idea that I don't agree with is a meme.

>you dont need to force

No one is forcing anything to anyone.

>selling us the rope we will hang them with

It is true that many workers speak English. But the vast majority do not. Especially not at a level to consume anti-capitalist propaganda.

How many workers do you communicate with outside your province? Let alone in Russia or India.


 No.1552139

>>1546886

This "everybody speaks English already" meme needs to die.


 No.1552148

>>1552139

I've been to Spain and France and every single person I spoke to spoke good enough English.

English won. Get over it.


 No.1552163

>>1552148

>>1552148

>every single person I spoke to spoke good enough English.

'I only talked to young university-educated xenophiles. '


 No.1552166

>>1552148

>Spain and France

Is this a joke


 No.1552172

>>1552163

>>1552166

The point is that if you care enough about speaking to foreigners/being a "xenophile", you will learn English.

I doubt that more people would learn Esperanto than English, even if the EU offered free Esperanto courses in every major city.


 No.1561538

ho ve la fadeno mortos


 No.1561549

>>1561538

Do, afiŝu interesaĵojn.


 No.1561563

>>1552172

Funny thing the EU actually did make Esperanto one of the official languages of the EU so they probably will do that at some point. Also, part of the reason they did that was because of the UK deciding to leave the EU so the EU decided that less emphases should be put on English.


 No.1561573

>>1561563

Fonto?


 No.1562459

File: f304a387059f4c6⋯.jpg (55.74 KB, 719x504, 719:504, 17903428_1397691223623496_….jpg)


 No.1565272


 No.1565343

>>1565272

butthurt foreigners. English is the most logical language.


 No.1565362

>>1565343

Wouldn't that be lojban?


 No.1565363

>>1562459

this is bad diction though, and its also a sign of an unintelligent speaker if they can't reformulate those sentences to be more sensible. English is superior to most languages save for Mandarin and French.


 No.1565734

>>1546886

>you don't need an international language when I already know the global language, likely because it's my first or I have the muh privilege of it being taught to me for free when I was young

>>1552148

Using urban, educated, West Europeans as an example of an international person is pretty eurocentric and classist tbh.

>>1552172

>if you care enough about not being poor you'll become a porky

>>1565363

There's no such thing as a generally superior language; it's an inherently subjective idea. There can be languages which are superior in certain aspects, like ease of learning, in which case Esperanto is probably the most superior. English, Mandarin, and French are all extremely difficult to learn and very irregular.


 No.1566688

>>1565734

The fact is that anyone who wants to learn English can learn it for free online. Introducing a language made by a zionist European is too late. English is irreplaceable at this point.

English doesn't have to be the easier, it just has to be easy enough.


 No.1568220

>>1566688

>The fact is that anyone who wants to learn English can learn it for free online.

They'll never become fluent that way, and if they have the opportunities to become fluent it'll still take them years.

>Introducing a language made by a zionist European is too late

Zamenhof stopped being a Zionist later in life, and if he wasn't European he'd be some other ethnicity.

>English is irreplaceable at this point.

That's just delusional. Once the American Empire ends so will English hegemony.

>it just has to be easy enough.

And there's no "easy enough" for a native language. Being a true leftist and supporting the native language of the dominant superpower being the world language is hypocritical.


 No.1568236

>>1568220

>speak my made up language because english is racist

id-pol cancer


 No.1568428

>>1568236

>attacking esperanto because it was made by a "zionist European" is not idpol but pointing out that English is the language of imperialism is

Are you dumb?


 No.1568591

>>1568428

I am pointing out that those who claim that English is a racist imperial transphobic language are ignoring the fact that it's already the most widespread language available to the proletariat.

Invest resources into Esperanto instead of English would be like throwing money away.


 No.1568673

>>1527260

>I think I've discovered why autists like esperanto so much, because its so artificial and therfore removes the emotional contexts needed in a natural language

The guy who made Esparanto was actually very interested in making it sound good in poetry and singing.

English is a shit language. The connection between pronunciation and writing is very loose. German and French are much better in that regard. In Spanish the connection is so close, when you look up words in a dictionary there is no pronounciation info for the Spanish words except the general rules. But for Spanish, French, and German especially you have to memorize tons of things about "gender" of words, how to form the plural of this or that noun, how to form past-tense form of this or that verb.

When you learn German, you don't learn vocab like this: car = Auto, beard = Bart, snail = Schnecke, house = Haus. Instead you have to learn it like this: car = das Auto (plural: Autos), beard = der Bart (plural: Bärte), snail = die Schnecke (Schnecken), house = das Haus (plural: Häuser). It's not a challenge at all to make up language rules that are easier to learn than any of these.

Calling languages either natural or artificial is rather misleading. The clear writing system in Spanish is the result of state intervention. The Korean writing system was literally designed by one guy.


 No.1568685

>>1568673

Ho do ke estas kial Esperanto aŭdas bona por muziko kaj poezio.


 No.1568697

>>1568673

>Calling languages either natural or artificial is rather misleading. The clear writing system in Spanish is the result of state intervention. The Korean writing system was literally designed by one guy.

Nice propaganda. This sort of thinking is why cultural marxism has a bad rep. Esperanto is completely artificial, no tribe, no person spoke anything similar to Esperanto before the Zionist Zamenhof sat down and wrote it.

People have been speaking Spanish and Korean for hundreds of years before anyone wrote it down.


 No.1568711

File: e9f4cd505a8ff2a⋯.jpg (230.25 KB, 590x548, 295:274, Tito.jpg)

>>1568697

>Li kredas en kultura Markisismo


 No.1568845

>>1568711

Tito was a dictator. He didn't create an actual socialist state. Fake Socialist who liked a fake language.


 No.1568915

>>1568845

La plebo koleras


 No.1568940

>>1568915

Pseudosocialist, pseudolanguage.


 No.1568959

I like English because it'll keep the memory of the 20th century in everyone's mind in every country forever.

Also I like it when conservatives get cucked by global Capitalism.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/italian-university-switches-to-english-7643884.html


 No.1568964

>>1568940

Restu kolera fagoto


 No.1568976

>>1568236

English isn't racist, but the only reason its as widespread as it is is because of imperialism and colonialism.

>>1568591

>racist imperial transphobic language

Don't put words into my mouth or strawman my position.

>it's already the most widespread language available to the proletariat.

Available doesn't mean much when it's not achievable to become fluent in it. The world's proletariat doesn't speak English, they're too busy being proles to learn it; even the urban ones with free time and resources have extensive trouble learning it and becoming fluent in it.

>Invest resources into Esperanto instead of English would be like throwing money away.

>muh sunken cost fallacy.

It's not a matter of how many resources are put into English education. Most schooled people throughout the world have had classes in English and possibly learned it for years, but the fact remains most of them are not fluent and likely won't be. Whereas Esperanto is relatively easy to become fluent in, since it's literally designed to be easy to learn so that the world can communicate with eachother. You're advocating for using a hammer to cut wood, likely because you already know how to speak English.

It's additionally a question of being consisent in your principles; leftism is about equality, yet you advocate for an extremely unequal relationship between native anglophones and ones who had the muh privilege of becoming fluent at an early age and those who aren't native speakers and likely won't ever become fluent. It's being against imperialism and colonialism yet gladly benefiting from it while telling the people at the other end to get over it.


 No.1569406

>>1568976

Yet here we are all speaking the actual international language, English.

Try speaking Esperanto in any other forum and you would be mocked and possibly blocked for posting gibberish/spamming.

Esperanto is not a real language and never will be. It's an outdated eurocentric ideology from the 19th century. Mixing it with Marxism just makes Marxism look bad.

We don't need a new international language. Good luck convincing anyone. English is here to stay.


 No.1569428

>trying to force a language that not even 100,000 people speak

english is just easier


 No.1569450

>>1569406

>Yet here we are all speaking the actual international language, English.

I didn't know first-worlders with abundant freetime and regular internet access was representive of the international proletariat.

>Esperanto is not a real language and never will be

Factually incorrect considering there's literally people communicating in it right here.

>It's an outdated eurocentric ideology from the 19th century.

>an international language is outdated and eurocentric

>We don't need a new international language. Good luck convincing anyone. English is here to stay.

>we don't need a new economic system. Good luck convincing anyone. Capitalism is here to stay.

t. someone who benefits from the present state of things and whose judgment is too clouded to see the long term where the present state of things changes

>>1569428

Wrong on both accounts. More than 100k people speak Esperanto and in no world is English easier than Esperanto.


 No.1569487

Mi sciis kiam mi kresis ĉi tiu fadeno ke ĝi sangi en al debato pri la angla kontraŭ Esperanto, sed nun la fadeno nur estas salo el popolo kiu estas el Angliojn landojn kiu volas esti korekta pri iliajn opiniojn. ankaŭ mi estas laca kaj mi vidis steltajn aferojn la tutan tagon do mi pensas mi ne uzos /leftypol/ por kelkajn tagojn kaj mi devas studi kaj kreisas mia muziko.


 No.1569914

>>1569406

>To get an idea what percentage of the world is fluent in English, I look at the people on this English-language board.

You truly are an unbearable fagoto.


 No.1570182

>>1568685

>ke estas kial

Mi kredas ke vi ne povas uzi 'ke' tie.


 No.1570215


 No.1570312

>>1569450

>I didn't know first-worlders with abundant freetime and regular internet access was representive of the international proletariat.

By your logic first worlders are racist for caring about the third world proletariat.

>Factually incorrect considering there's literally people communicating in it right here.

There are also places where AnCaps and Flat-Earthers communicate on the internet. That doesn't make Esperanto any more legitimate.

>t. someone who benefits from the present state of things and whose judgment is too clouded to see the long term where the present state of things changes

We all benefit from English being the international language. It is the richest language regarding vocabulary and expression. No language, and especially not Esperanto, can compare to English's literature and scientific resources.

We cannot teach Esperanto to everyone in the third world. We don't even have enough teachers to teach it in every major American city. All we have are armchair linguists with too much time in their hands.


 No.1570335

>>1569487

is this esperanto? if so

Mi = me/my?

en = in?

debato = debate?

la = the?

popolo = people?

Angliojn = english?

opiniojn = opinion?

por = for?

studi = study/learn?

do = of?

muziko = music?

that's all i understood


 No.1570784

>>1570335

Mi = me/I

opinojn = opinions

do = so

Other than that you translated those words correctly


 No.1570788

>>1570784

still didn't understand the sentence


 No.1570815

>>1570788

Well of course you aren't it's a different language with some words that are similar to English though if you speak any other language than English you could attempt to figure out what is written since Esperanto has a lot of similar words to other European languages such as the Slavic, Romantic, and Germanic languages. In fact if it wasn't for the fact it's an artificial it could be considered a creole or pidgin language.


 No.1570828

File: 79dfe73c515b710⋯.jpg (50.74 KB, 677x677, 1:1, 79dfe73c515b710024d1677774….jpg)

>a frankenlanguage

>good

No wonder leftists push this shit, it's like them, hollow and meaningless. There is only one culture the world culture :^)


 No.1570836

>>1570828

Agreed. Internationalism is possible without making anyone give up English.


 No.1570846

>>1570815

i have an easier time comprehending basic spanish, french and italian, among others, than >>1569487

english vocabulary is already like 70+% latin, with plenty of greek and loanwords from dozens of other languages. it's already highly internationalised and adaptable to changes in accent, even broken english is more easily understood than something like broken russian. esperanto is useless and stupid. might as well tell people to learn klingon


 No.1570869

itt: identity politics cancer

English won, get over it.

>>1570846

>esperanto is useless and stupid. might as well tell people to learn klingon

/thread


 No.1570954

>>1570846

I don't blame you, it's full of errors.


 No.1571108

>>1570312

>By your logic first worlders are racist for caring about the third world proletariat.

In what way?

>There are also places where AnCaps and Flat-Earthers communicate on the internet. That doesn't make Esperanto any more legitimate.

Esperanto is a factually a language, it is factually easier to learn than any other native language, and it is factually spoken by thousands of people. The only legitimacy it lacks is the arbitrary legitimacy you create.

>We all benefit from English being the international language

No, mostly just anglophones and West Europeans.

>It is the richest language regarding vocabulary and expression.

Which just makes it harder to learn.

>No language, and especially not Esperanto, can compare to English's literature and scientific resources.

Which is irrelevant to whether its a good international language.

>We cannot teach Esperanto to everyone in the third world

Certainly not English either.

>We don't even have enough teachers to teach it in every major American city. All we have are armchair linguists with too much time in their hands.

Yes, the present state of things needs to be changed.

>>1570869

>itt: identity politics cancer

>a neutral language designed expressly to serve as a pragmatic way for the world to communicate is identity politics

>yet ardently advocating for your native language isn't

>English won, get over it.

>Greek/Latin/Spanish/French won, get over it

>I'm so shortsighted I don't realize when something is artificially created by imperialism and I assume it'll just naturally stay after the empire collapses

Honestly all this opposition to Esperanto astounds me. It's not just being cynically pragmatic and saying Esperanto won't catch on so no point in trying to spread it, it's being deliberately hostile to the idea and saying that the current state of things with English is good and you shouldn't try to change it.


 No.1571124

>>1571108

Ili amas la angla kaj ili ne volas ŝanĝi ilian opinion


 No.1571127

How do you say "no, and please sage this thread!" in Esperanto?


 No.1571133

>>1571108

I'm more surprised so many claim that English is the best, most expressive and/or beautiful language. I though everyone knew that my native language is that, not English.


 No.1571135

File: 053e5a5053738dc⋯.png (439.35 KB, 859x910, 859:910, 00cdb7b70cab0c0950daf26139….png)

>Ĉiuj ĉi ties kolerajn homojn


 No.1571379

>>1571124

Ja, sed ili povus esti deca kaj koncedi ĝin.

>>1571133

Truly, how could someone not see that?


 No.1571405

>>1571379

ili -> decaj, ĉu ne?


 No.1571709

>>1571108

>No, mostly just anglophones and West Europeans.

The whole world already speaks English. China has more English speakers than the United States.

>Which just makes it harder to learn.

No it does not. What do you suggest? Orwellian newspeak?

English is already taught all over the world. Including the third world. The infrastructure does not exist to create a network of educators and teaching materials for Esperanto. It would literally be stealing food fro the mouth of the hungry to implement your id-politics zionist dream.

Anyone who wants to, can learn English. If some people are unable to, simply providing them with materials is what has to be done, instead of changing the very language the whole world already communicates in.


 No.1572394

>>1568976

Why are you unironically supporting this made up language?


 No.1572451

>>1571405

Jes, mia eraro.

>>1571709

>The whole world already speaks English

Unless you're decently wealthy urbanite, an anglophone, or a Western/Northern European, you're likely not going to be fluent in English.

>No it does not. What do you suggest? Orwellian newspeak?

A language designed for international communication; no native language is designed for that

>The infrastructure does not exist to create a network of educators and teaching materials for Esperanto

If the entire world decided to switch to Esperanto instead of English, the infrastructure and time costs would be significantly reduced.

> It would literally be stealing food fro the mouth of the hungry

The hungry being the world's people economically coerced into learning the language of empires; English is not set in stone, as soon as a another state becomes the world superpower, their language will become the global language. It's best now if people decide to stop fucking around with the politicing of empires and simply choose the best language for international communication.

>to implement your id-politics zionist dream.

Esperanto is expressly against idpol and has nothing to do with Zionism; it's not Hebrew redesigned.

>Anyone who wants to, can learn English.

>anyone who wants to become rich, can.

> If some people are unable to, simply providing them with materials is what has to be done

It's not a question of materials but of time and opportunities.

> instead of changing the very language the whole world already communicates in.

The whole world does not communicate in English, step outside of your 1st world urban bubble, secondly the global language will be changed as soon as the US passes away.

>>1572394

Because I believe in international communication for all without there being an equality between native speaker and learner or people being forced to use the wrong tool for the job.


 No.1572513

>>1572451

>if the entire world decided to switch to Esparanto instead of English, the infrastructure and time costs would be significantly reduced

Yes, forget your cultural language, prole! Let us, the apparatchiks, make you use this shittily cobbled together language because we say so!

The guillotine would be too soft a punishment for you.


 No.1572755

>>1572513

Esperanto is an international auxillary language, it's not supposed to replace native languages and no Esperantist advocates for that.


 No.1572801

>>1572755

But that's exactly what would happen under A Statist Esperantist regime, tankie.

There is no way for Esperanto to spread democratically.

As much as you defend it, and as it easy as you claim it is, no one has chosen to actually learn it. The only way it would spread would be through state violence.

Esperanto will never spread democratically because no one wants to be the first to learn a useless zionist language.


 No.1573038

>>1572801

I'm an anarchist firstly.

>There is no way for Esperanto to spread democratically.

Exactly how it has spread throughout its entire history, while facing constant state violence to censor and destroy.

>no one has chosen to actually learn it

Literally hundreds-of-thousands have learned it, I've learned people, people in this thread have learned it and are typing in it.

>useless zionist language.

It's not useless and it's certainly not Zionist. Just because the creator was a Zionist in his early life (at a time where Jews faced an astronomical amount of oppression) does not somehow imprint itself onto the language.


 No.1573040

>>1573038

I've learned it*


 No.1573503

>>1572513

>Yes, forget your cultural language, prole!

But that's what English is causing. Do you know what kind of brain-drain the Anglo-sphere has? How many creative people create in English instead of their native language hoping for a bigger audience?

English right now is a bigger threat to national cultures than Esperanto ever could be.


 No.1573507

>>1573503

>defending nationalism


 No.1573716

>>1573503

Nationalism has no place in modern society. Esperanto would simply promote fascism internally while using Esperanto for trading between nation-states. There would be more distrust.


 No.1573794

Has anyone got any sources on learning Esperanto.


 No.1573807

>>1573794

Don't. It's a shitty language.


 No.1573813

>>1573794

Duolingo teaches Espetanto.

Make an account at Lernu.net

Totally free site.


 No.1573824

>>1573807

Why is it a shitty language?

>>1573813

Thanks.


 No.1573863


 No.1573872

>>1573794

Duolingo has a course in English and Spanish:

https://www.duolingo.com/course/eo/en/Learn-Esperanto-Online

https://www.duolingo.com/course/eo/es/Learn-Esperanto-Online (still in beta)

Lernu has a course in many languages:

https://lernu.net/

They also have tons of additional learning materials in their library.

Here's a fun video course to watch once you know the basics, the whole thing is in Esperanto:

https://www.youtube.com/user/pasportotutamondo


 No.1573889

>>1571108

This is why leftism is a joke. Supporting Esperanto is as logical as supporting the French calendar or promoting thorium nuclear energy.


 No.1573895

>>1573889

>he doesn't suport the Juche calendar.


 No.1574719

>>1573895

>supporting a soon to be dead ideology

Every major country is going to unload on that North Korea slut like it's bukkake night and it'll be deader than disco overnight.


 No.1575047

>>1574719

>supporting US Imperialism.

No wonder you id politic liberals support Esperanto.


 No.1575515

>>1573863

There's a lot of decent criticisms of Esperanto there, but a lot of it was just autistic screeching saying "it's bad because I subjectively don't like it" rather than exhibiting objective reasons why it's confusing or bad at its purpose. Conlangers seem to love bitching about Esperanto, likely because they think they could do something better. Esperanto isn't perfect and it's not completely lacking from irregularities, and no one should believe that, but perfect is the enemy of good, and I'd rather have a good language that people already use and like than a "perfect" one that no one does; but again, most of the criticism is just bitching about aesthetics and theoritical problems that don't actually exist in real life.

>>1573889

The Revolutionary French Calendar is pretty pointless and doesn't offer anything over any other calendar, the same cannot be said for an IAL.


 No.1575529

>>1575047

>supporting Norks

Bootlicking authoritarian nepotist dictators that treat their people like shit and leave them to starve is apparently okay on /leftylol/ as long as they posture against America. Good to know.

Also no, I don't support Esperanto at all. Good to know you only see flags and assume the content of the posts from there, reading is for fags anyway.


 No.1581577

Bedaŭrinde kamarado estis malliberigita en Rusio. Ĉu Stalino revivas nun?

http://www.liberafolio.org/2017/04/17/esperantisto-malliberigita-en-moskvo/


 No.1582230

File: 82d94b19b0cf11e⋯.png (753.34 KB, 1280x800, 8:5, Screenshot 2017-04-17 15.1….png)

Esperanto's newest ambassador Deadpool.

from Spider-Man - Deadpool 016 (2017)


 No.1582237

File: 2d3d1e9604ea5c0⋯.gif (1.91 MB, 215x161, 215:161, 2d3d1e9604ea5c049c4b2e1fdd….gif)

>>1582230

>Tvk Deadpool estas Espernatisto


 No.1586025

I find it pretty bizarre how many self-styled communist radicals on here reject constructed languages, coming up with some mystical natural organic language excuse extremely similar to worshiping the God of the magical natural market.

>>1573889

>>1575515

Calendars, like language, are human-made and can be improved. Auguste Comte proposed the following: 13 months, each month having 4 weeks, an special day at the end of the year that lays outside the system of weeks and months (two in leap years). So, the first day of a month is always Monday. Makes sense to me.


 No.1586064

>>1586025

People here don't even read, you really expect us to learn Esperanto? Be real.


 No.1587023

>>1586025

Yeah just like switch that shit on the fly, won't cause all kind of problems on every level or anything.


 No.1587240

>>1587023

Agreed. These are the same liberals who claim that switching to the metric system would also benefit the United States. We tried it, it didn't work!


 No.1587265

How is Esperanto any less colonialist than English? It is as euro-centric as it is because its founder lived during a time of big colonial empires in the believe that those oppressed would end up speaking European languages.


 No.1587271

>>1587265

Pretty much this. To have a truly neutral international language we need to mix English, Swahili, Russian, Arabic and Chinese. Perhaps switch to a more logical script like Cyrillic and encourage tones.

Mix different features that way not one group has an advantage.

Esperanto is too European. It would benefit only the first word to base the world language on such a sexist colonialist culture.


 No.1587279

How come there hasn't been some freaky linguist that has distilled a set of phonemes and grammatical features that are shared by most languages on earth into a contructed language?


 No.1587299

>>1587279

they probably have, Esperanto is just a zionist hobby so it gets promoted.


 No.1587302

>>1587279

Because it's useless. Esperanto is a relatively bastardized simple language. Europeans refused to learn it 100 years ago, and modern Westerners will refuse to learn whatever idea some autists in an Ivory Tower come up with.


 No.1587324

>>1587279

The newest auxlang that has a new small community is Elefen. Also known as Lingua Franca Nova. It is a simple version of Latin. Similar to another popular auxlan from the 1950s-70s, Interlingua. (that langauge is still in the top 5 used)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lingua_Franca_Nova

And a pidgin called Toki Pona

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toki_Pona

I think the second most popular conlang that isn't new is Lojban. But that wasn't meant to be easy to learn.


 No.1587377

>>1587299

You're fucking paranoid if you think that Esperanto is a Zionist language you might as well be a /pol/ack

>Inb4 Zamenhoff was a Zionist

Ok one just because somebody holds an ideology and they create something doesn't that thing that they create is part of that ideology. Two Zamenhoff abandoned Zionism later in his life. Three while I do think Zionism that is a fucked ideology and that it was bound to fail because it's Jewish nationalism you've got to remember it was formed because of the fact that people were so anti-Semitic back then that it was common for people lynch Jews out on the street just for being Jewish and that's not even including the other acts of violence and discrimination that were disturbingly common done against Jews. This was so much so that if you had a fucking brain in your goddamn head you would probably understand why people like Jews would want their own nation a lot of people wanted to kill them all and well we know what happened when a certain man who got in power for a certain number of years did decide to eliminate them. And Four not everybody learned Esperanto because we believed that help the world or something like that I learned because I found it easy to learn, I found it fun, I liked the culture, and to get away from idiot anglophones because you know what in my experience people who speak English are generally stupid. Mostly Americans, but it includes other idiots such as arrogant loud mouth Brits who don't know where organs are located in the human body, syrupy retarded Cancucks who spawned Satan's fucking helpers Rebel Media, Kangaroo fucking Australians who are just straight up cunts like Americans are tbh, and of course Kiwis who are just well…. fuck it New Zealand is not a real country anyways so let's just ignore that it even "exists."

Also, please sincerely kill yourself for believing Esperanto is some Zionist conspiracy. Please we don't need more /pol/ level thinking on this board and we don't need more idiots in this world. Please shove your Alex Jones level thinking up your ugly goddamn ass you shit eating cunt. Vous êtes très bête!


 No.1592354

>>1587377

If Esperanto works, why did it never spread and defeat English? I think the obvious answer is that most people see it for what it is. A joke. A way to divide people.

This is identity politics at its worse. It's trying to make people feel guilty for being native English speakers.


 No.1592369

Esperanto is pretty pointless considering most educated people in the west and india speak english (and the chinese don't give a shit about some fake language lol)


 No.1592385

>>1592369

China has been teaching Esperanto since the 70s in schools and universities. They even run a daily newspaper and radio in Esperanto.

They're doing it just to fuck with the West I feel like.

http://esperanto.cri.cn/


 No.1592517

File: 2331693a247190b⋯.jpg (45.74 KB, 640x320, 2:1, 2331693a247190bc66087d267f….jpg)

>>1514322

Mi korektis la EPUBon kaj nun povas legi ĝin!


 No.1592556

>>1587240

Logistics are a spook for fascists tbh


 No.1592829

>>1587265

Just because the vocabulary is based on the languages the creator knew (European) doesn't mean it's eurocentric and by definition it's not colonialist because there's never been Esperanto colonialism.

>>1587271

>To have a truly neutral international language we need to mix

While not necessarily a bad idea, in reality it'd make no meaningful difference and just be a clusterfuck where the different words look nothing like each other.

>Perhaps switch to a more logical script like Cyrillic and encourage tones.

>switch to a script only a single language family uses, as opposed to the one the entire word uses

>encourage an element of phonology most languages don't have and most people wouldn't be able to hear

> It would benefit only the first word to base the world language on such a sexist colonialist culture.

Again, only its vocabulary is European, and pls go back to tumblr.

>>1592354

Firstly, when it was founded English was not the global language, French was, at least the closest thing to a global language at that point. Secondly, because it was close to being adopted for a global language multiple times but Frenchfags didn't want to lose their muh privilege, just like anglofags don't want to now.

>A way to divide people.

No, it's supposed to fucking unite them by giving everyone an easy to learn, non-ethnic language.

>It's trying to make people feel guilty for being native English speakers.

>Socialism is trying to make people feel guilty for being born rich

>I've been born lucky and I shouldn't have to be on the same level as everyone else who wasn't born lucky

That's literally how you sound.


 No.1592848

>>1592829

It is colonialist because the inventor lived in a time of vast colonial empires way before decolonization kicked in. At that time pretty much everyone including the inventor expected they would stay and that most people living in these empires would get their original languages replaced by European ones, the language he based Esperanto on.


 No.1592855

>>1592829

Esperanto is completely colonial. It is a product of the Russian Empire trying to compete with the Napolean's legacy and the British Empire.

I think mixing Esperanto with Chinese, English, Arabic, and Swahili would be the best way to remove its racist colonialist baggage and truly make it international. Promoting a white supremist language is counterintuitive.


 No.1592872

Is there an anki deck with the 2000/6000/10000 most common Esperanto words based on Esperanto literature? I'd totally mine it.


 No.1592912

>>1592848

>they would stay and that most people living in these empires would get their original languages replaced by European ones

Which happened. That's why Esperanto having a European vocabulary isn't that big of a problem, since the majority of the world speaks a European language. It doesn't make it colonialist either, he never advocated for it and Esperanto never benefited from some empire forcing it onto the natives.

>>1592855

>It is a product of the Russian Empire trying to compete with the Napolean's legacy and the British Empire.

Fucking what

>I think mixing Esperanto with Chinese, English, Arabic, and Swahili

It's a living language, so the speakers can add to the vocabulary if they like. East Asian speakers have already influenced a major part of the language where people will use verbs instead of adjectives to describe a noun.

>la kato estas nigra = la kato nigras (the cat is black)

>Promoting a white supremist language is counterintuitive.

In what fucking world is it white supremacist? Can people stop making shit up about it?


 No.1592942

>>1592912

So what sort of people go to Esperanto meetings? Middle class white people? Or are you just an armchair Esperantist and never use it in real life?


 No.1592956

>>1592942

I'm an armchair Esperantist, but I know for a fact it's not exclusively white people, since it is popular in East Asian and South America.


 No.1592967

>>1592956

So it's a useless language used by autists too afraid to leave their mother's home. And furthermore it's clear that it is mostly white middle class Americans who speak it, since you purposely misunderstood my question.


 No.1592993

>>1592967

>So it's a useless language used by autists too afraid to leave their mother's home

Nice bad faith fam.

>And furthermore it's clear that it is mostly white middle class Americans who speak it

Factually untrue, considering Esperanto is not particularly popular in the US and it is popular in South America and East Asia. Secondly, It's an unfortunate reality that lower-class people usually don't have the time or inclination to learn things like Esperanto, this does not make Esperanto somehow magically "middle-class white", nor does the socioeconomic or racial status of its speakers somehow invalidate the idea and purpose behind it.


 No.1593010

The thread convinced me to start learning Esperanto. The douchey comments against it put me over the edge.


 No.1593024

>>1593010

Your contrarianism will bring you another worthless skill. Good job idiot.


 No.1593037

>>1592993

>>1592993

>nor does the socioeconomic or racial status of its speakers somehow invalidate the idea and purpose behind it.

Bullshit liberal logic. Esperanto is anti-democratic and a colonialist white supremist language. It only attracts reactionaries like these: >>1593010


 No.1593051

how many layers of LARPing are you on?


 No.1593082

>>1593024

>stop liking what I don't like!

>>1593037

>Bullshit liberal logic

You're literally using liberal, idpol shit like calling some colonialist and white supremacist to prove it's bad. Nor have you explained how it is colonialist just because it has European vocabulary, how it's in any way white supremacist, and now added a new one of anti-democratic just for laughs, I guess.

How could the simple idea of a language for international communication cause this much butthurt in this many people? It's not even a critique of Esperanto as a language, but as Esperanto as a very idea.

>>1593051

How is learning a language for international communication LARPing?


 No.1593134

>>1593082

Only virgins with nothing to do would bother learning Esperanto. Do you also dress up as a 19th century aristocrat while you speak this colonialist Eurocentric tongue?


 No.1593168

File: 739e914ce2f4863⋯.png (38.05 KB, 625x626, 625:626, try better.png)


 No.1594281

Mi provas traduki kelkajn maldekstrumajn frazerojn. Diru al mi vian opinion de la tradukoj.

No war except the class war = (nenia?) (ne esta/os?) milito krom la klasa milito

The proletariat has nothing to lose except their chains = La proletaro havas neniom perdi krom iliaj ĉenoj

Workers of the world, unite! = Laboristoj de la mondo, unuiĝu!


 No.1594555

>>1594281

1.La vorto milito en tiu ĉi frazo estas substantivo, ne verbo. Krome en Esperanto class warfare= Klasbatalo. Mi tradukus ĝin jene: Neniu batalo krom la klasbatalo.

2. La proletaro povas perdi nenion krom siaj katenoj. (atentu pri anglismoj)

3. ĝuste!


 No.1594572

I want to learn Arabic. However, I only learn well with Duolingo (can't take an actual class right now), which doesn't have that course yet. Will learning Hebrew, another language I want to learn, through Duolingo considerably help me when I learn Arabic?


 No.1594575

>>1594572

Hebrew and Arabic are related but not too closely. It's like learning Spanish and then learning French.

There will be a lot of cognates but the languages are different enough.


 No.1596670

>>1594555

1.Mi ne komprenas vin. Ĉu ambaŭ estas substantivoj, ĉu ne? Kial diri batalo anstataŭ milito?

2.Dankon

3.Dankon! Mi tre ŝatas la frazeron.


 No.1596837

>>1596670

Vi uzis la kapulon esti. Tio estas verbo.


 No.1596870

File: e436b57716a105f⋯.jpg (118.13 KB, 1000x1000, 1:1, 1492703426059.jpg)

>>1594572

Memrise has decent resources for languages including Arabic, though of course it based on memorisation (not like duolingo is much different). I am learning Russian with duolingo and memrise right now so what I recommend is trying it out, since it even has user created courses.

Good luck anon, learning languages is fun.


 No.1597765

>>1592872

There's this:

https://ankiweb.net/shared/info/522817356

You are probably better of making your own, though.


 No.1597773

>>1596870

How good is memrise recently? When I last used it, almost all "courses" were abandoned and full of errors, and after every batch of words it showed me some advertisement about their paid service.


 No.1598778

>>1597773

With my experience with it, I wouldn't say it's better than Duolingo. The Russian course seems to be well done but you don't get to see the rules of the language, which Duolingo explains.

Don't use the phone application, it is made to look like some stupid game and forces you to pay to continue learning. The browser version is free except for some shit which isn't exactly useful.


 No.1601080

>>1598778

How's it compared to anki?




[Return][Go to top][Catalog][Post a Reply]
Delete Post [ ]
[]
[ / / / / / / / / / ] [ dir / abdl / asmr / aus / miku / nofap / sl / v9k / x ]