[ / / / / / / / / / / / / / ] [ dir / algeria / caco / choroy / eros / lewd / lovelive / vril / wmafsex ]

/leftyweebpol/ - 2D/Leftist

Weebs of the World Unite!
Winner of the 77nd Attention-Hungry Games
/x/ - Paranormal Phenomena and The RCP Authority

April 2019 - 8chan Transparency Report
Name
Email
Subject
Comment *
File
Password (Randomized for file and post deletion; you may also set your own.)
* = required field[▶ Show post options & limits]
Confused? See the FAQ.
Options

Allowed file types:jpg, jpeg, gif, png, webm, mp4, pdf
Max filesize is 16 MB.
Max image dimensions are 15000 x 15000.
You may upload 4 per post.


File: 67c85ce91976f49⋯.jpg (207.99 KB, 1024x576, 16:9, eva.jpg)

 No.2054

I've been thinking about re watching NGE. I liked the characters and animation, but I know that a lot ended up going over my head. Is there anything I should known or keep in mind when watching that'll help me understand it better?

 No.2056

File: 5414f7d7f884f10⋯.png (100.24 KB, 1786x201, 1786:201, slasher films.png)

Read Zizek


 No.2061

>>2056

Is sublime object of ideology a good starting point?


 No.2072

File: 7ac5472d2d0238a⋯.jpg (26.89 KB, 455x455, 1:1, z_eva.jpg)


 No.2075

File: 06eb3fa4935e25f⋯.png (1.18 MB, 885x2890, 177:578, zizek reading list intro.png)


 No.2184

Have you considered the possibility that very little in fact went over your head, that the plot was actually a few random motifs haphazardly slapped together and that the whole thing was just a character study?


 No.2372

>>2054

I've been watching NGE and EoE every year for the past 7 or 8 years. Every time I watch it I take something new away from it. It's my favorite series and EoE is my favorite film, hands down.

You should approach it critically like you would a film or novel (I recommend films by Rick Alverson since he approaches things in a similar vein). The biggest thing about Eva is that the "plot" (fighting robots and evil schemes) is practically dressing; the actual meat of the series and films lie in the subtext and the contexts that they were produced in. Pay attention to repeated motifs, visual storytelling, and the way things are formally structured. I'd also recommend reading interviews and critical essays on Eva (Azuma has a great one on Eva's structure, some Superflat works and essays also have interesting things to say about Eva's impact and the context it was born in).

Central themes I've taken from it include absurdism, repetition, failures of otaku culture, escapism, and anime/manga/storytelling as a whole. There's a strong "meta" element to Eva due to its (self-)referential nature; it's a dense, intertextual work so I suggest being at least somewhat familiar with otaku culture before Eva was created (tokusatsu, older anime–especially gundam, ideon, yamato) since Anno was heavily inspired by these and you see direct references and interpolations from that material. Where it diverges from this is in how it breaks itself down while maintaining the formal structure of a "series"–the plot becomes incomprehensible and it turns into a character study–an extremely "non-anime anime." But this move also says something about the fundamental nature of storytelling and escapism and the relationship between reader and text which tie into Shinji's dilemma with Human Instrumentality.

EoE makes it very clear that the "right" thing to do is to accept failure and pain as an inevitable condition of living. Escaping into fiction (including Eva itself) to avoid this produces no "real" meaning; the work itself betrays a clean resolution to highlight this fact: you can't find meaning or resolution to real-life problems through fantasy and fiction, they can only be understood and worked through in real life, no matter how painful. When people feel that it "goes over their head" or becomes a confusing mess, that's at least partially due to an intentional direction in developing this theme of what I call "fictional fatalism"–if you're looking to Eva for answers or to feel better, you're looking in the wrong place. That Eva was a project by Anno to functionally express himself and work through his depression, and that it probably made things worse, is an important bit of context; I think at some point he realized that make-believe will never be sufficient in helping him fix his problems and that otaku culture fundamentally operates by this mode. By fucking up the surface content and frustrating people, it seems to push them out of this escapist mentality through confrontation (e.g., the text on screen seems to not only probe the characters, but also YOU as a viewer).

That said, Eva is more like a "conversation" between creator, work, and viewer than something to be understood unilaterally. Like life, you will take away whatever you want and interpretations are never set in stone. Anno himself resists giving it a "proper" meaning or interpretation. Some people think this is "lazy" but I find it's a brilliant work in being so open-ended and yet still containing core themes that you can work with. People criticize the rebuild films for being too flashy and shit, but as far as I can tell it's operating on the same level as the original; its references have simply been updated, but the core message is the same. It uses more modern conventions and, most importantly, refers to ITSELF (i.e., the original series and the impact it had) and its fans as the subjects of critique.

tl;dr: I think more than anything, you need to key into this critical subtext that ties together all the texts being referenced and built upon. It took me a few watches to "get it" but seeing the development of Rebuild makes me almost certain that this is the intention behind Eva. It's like an "anime about anime," and how anime and fiction in general inevitably fail to help you make sense of anything. Media is built around giving you a little "good feelings" story to consume. Eva is fundamentally a reaction against that as it keeps leaving you stranded to make sense of things–no handholding here. Even with all the bells and whistles you'd find in anime and the abundance of references and allusions and symbolism, things are always slightly twisted to break your efforts to ground yourself through the conventions of anime itself (like X character type must behave this way or this subplot must resolve that way). It leaves you feeling /uncertain/, which is how it should be if it has anything to say about life and humanity.


 No.2378

>>2054

Eva is nowhere near as deep as nerds make it out to be and even Anno acknowledges this by saying it's bad and that things like the religious imagery are just there for the coolness factor.


 No.2385

File: 82ff438963328d7⋯.jpg (28.83 KB, 598x309, 598:309, eva.jpg)


 No.2394

File: 23f9f05fadfd65b⋯.png (164.86 KB, 1226x1550, 613:775, evangelion and why its so ….png)


 No.2401

>>2378

The coolness factor is just choosing which religion would have tied into the themes, but the fact that a religion was chosen and so integrated into the story provides for genuine connections. That would be like considering the theory of evolution false if Darwin had said he made the whole thing up as a joke – there's still actual substance to the story, regardless of the creator's intent. In that case, they unintentionally made something that had real meaning to it, going by sheer fantasy. However, I doubt that in Evangelion it was that aimless.


 No.2404

File: a54bac7256f06ac⋯.jpg (237.3 KB, 800x1148, 200:287, 9c7d9d04148473578510ae2457….jpg)

>>2385

t. 2 IQ brainlet

I suggest you rewatch the series and this time, turn on your microbrain when doing so.


 No.2405

>>2404

Say that again but with fewer memes next time, ``kudasai''.


 No.2406

File: 7d534c16a2c80ac⋯.png (435.12 KB, 1245x856, 1245:856, Worst_country_in_the_world.png)

>Anno himself has admitted that they were being pedantic and the imagery is there just for the cool factor

Everyone is Jesus in purgatory.


 No.2408

Hideki "I tried to read Schopenhauer and Kierkegaard but got bored after 5 pages" Anno, the great philosopher.


 No.2451

File: dd9f1125b69f3ac⋯.png (765.84 KB, 1600x675, 64:27, soviet eva 01.png)

All the brainlets that are talking about whether or not Anno put in the religious stuff in for a reason or for the cool factor missed the entire point of the fucking series.

Yes, the initial basic idea pitch was a cyborg monster fighting mecha series, however that was simply the cover, Due to a large number of factors, such as Anno's crippling depression, the uneven budget spending, and the unplanned, on-the-fly production meant that the Gainax team working on it were stressed out, and had to make, and drop a lot of stuff. This made the anime an exploration of human metaphysics, under the guise of a mecha battle anime that had christian code-naming and symbolism. The christian symbolism involved was that which was fairly obvious to those acquainted with the Bible, and to some extent has a purpose. The artistic elements based off of biblical imagery also enhance it. However it is clear that this was not the original intention. Evangelion is an excellent example of artistic expression because it represents the depressive musings of Anno and the tired yet passionate effort of the Gainax team, combined with a mecha show that creates one of the most existentially penetrating animes made, along side such works like Battle Angel Alita. The lack of those factors is what makes the Rebuild movies, so less impactful, and far more contrived.

I won't go too deep into that because >>2394

and >>2372

basically explains it, so I'll take my leave

>>2072 Zizek on EoE

https://www.reddit.com/r/evangelion/comments/4b6plh/if_you_didnt_get_the_ending_heres_zizek_on/


 No.2453

File: bd6f9baa7f3ed6d⋯.jpg (19.57 KB, 255x218, 255:218, bd6f9baa7f3ed6d388674a6903….jpg)

>>2408

Basically me.


 No.2454

>>2451

>Zizek

He watches anime? Could we send him more shows to review?


 No.2455

File: 9df31088eae301d⋯.png (136.31 KB, 634x354, 317:177, thumbs up.png)

>>2454

he watches everything! And I think it'd be interesting to send him shows to review.


 No.2459

What shows would we suggest?


 No.2460

>>2459

High School DxD

Boku no Hero

Sailor Moon

Konosuba

Death Note

Gundam


 No.2461

>>2454

He probably doesn't, in that video posted on reddit he wasn't talking about Eva at all.


 No.2462

>>2460

Are these shows you think he would have an interesting opinion about, or just ones that you like?

I think it would be cool to see what he has to say about Paranoia Agent and Ghost in the Shell 1995.


 No.2463

File: a9ea4ac6cf5b53d⋯.png (32.31 KB, 676x596, 169:149, stallman anime.png)

>>2459

the shows in pic related

also Yuru Yuri


 No.2466

File: 8ce7897266bc1c4⋯.png (176.85 KB, 375x1024, 375:1024, yyimg.png)

>>2463

Does Zizek also have some way for correspondence like this?


 No.2469

>>2466

No but Chomsky does.


 No.2472

File: 7de83690ffd8319⋯.png (24.71 KB, 112x128, 7:8, foucault.png)

>>2469

>Chomsky


 No.2474

File: 34122e0f99a2e7d⋯.jpg (43.99 KB, 433x650, 433:650, 480c670e14d2e6a78b8ff88982….jpg)


 No.2478

>>2474

>WSWS reviewing late night anime

Now I've seen everything.


 No.2479

File: 5d56c86b09e25dc⋯.png (149.95 KB, 530x531, 530:531, image.png)

>>2474

>>2478

Forget Zizek and Chomsky, critically uphold armchair-anime-Trotskyism!

https://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2014/09/22/grav-s22.html


 No.2523

File: 0bc0769537be77b⋯.png (117.68 KB, 662x293, 662:293, Evangelion 4.0 prediction.png)

>>2479

Fuck out of here you appropriating cunt, Rei is too pure for your Trot shit.

>>2451

>Red Herring

Eyyy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IQqPMsIfX4

Soviet anime opening works well with the russian dub of the intro song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaDRlPF0hNE

Surprisingly evangelion is quite popular in Russia with memes and references a-plenty http://anime.reactor.cc/post/3611513

On an unrelated note Rebuilds suck ass (especially number 3 which I had very little redeemable parts in it), for clarification see pic 1 and this review series and Pleeb/Weeb review:

Part 1: https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2dwnvb

Part 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEn6-vLYvFQ

Part 3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sATCoI7Ozk4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCtEVnhf0z8


 No.2524

File: 3fdd16f2ffebbc7⋯.jpg (268.15 KB, 600x800, 3:4, evangelion relationships i….jpg)

Leftypol leftytrash thread is having an Evangelion argument, Going on. I'm going to repost some interesting parts with editing to get rid of cringy "my anime is better" faggotry that is typical of leftytrash.

>Good basic summary of Evangelion

The show is a massive exploration of the human psyche and more-over a realistic look at what it would be like to be a traumatized, motherless child who's forced to pilot a cyborg god-imitation to fight eldritch creatures ironically named angels, with the stakes being the end of humanity, while also being treated as a tool and dealing with their own personal issues.

A lot of great works are essentially 'fuck yous' due an artists frustration in the medium they work/live in.

Personally, I've never been a big fan of animes but I enjoy the series and a few others since what must have been just a few year after the turn of the century. I'm disgusted by the sexual objectification of the characters and I personally put little stock in the religious imagery, beyond that which progresses the story.

The thing to love about Neon Genesis Evangelion is the characters themselves. They are not role models, heroes, or even cool - far from it. They are flawed and at times intensely flawed. Look at protagonists in almost any great work, they are flawed to hell.

The study of these characters and their flaws is what makes the show interesting. Their actions can be great acts of kindness, humanity, and then suddenly do complete 180s, because they are changeable and human.

There is nothing wrong with liking these characters. I personally don't associate with them in every way, I certainly don't heroize or sexualize them, hell I wouldn't want to be friends with some of them. But I am fascinated and drawn to them.

>Inb4 Serial Experiments Lain is better

The show right from the first seven minutes establishes the subjectivity of the narrator, and the depersonalization of Lain between the wired, and the "real," and the shows finale ends off as a sublimation of the two into a greater understanding of the self, the perception of Lain in both worlds are no less real, and it does so through a cross-examination of the popular technology at the time, the internet. The show was largely based off post-structuralist thought from Deleuze.

This is all true and good, however Evangelion does its explorations well too. The difference here is that NGE is not there to make hard factual conclusions, but to trigger thought and consideration, and thus is abstract in many areas. The exploration of Asuka's trauma and her resulting behavior can be explained as a defensive mechanism in simple psychological terms, but this dry, scientific explanation bypasses the human element. Of the problem. Anno does not TELL us this or rather, as many anime, have Asua tell the audience by divulging this to some character, but rather we see it in her nightmares and her psychological episodes as she breaks down in the face of Shinji and Rei's growth, destabilizing her carefully built pedestal of superiority, created to hide her fears and sorrows created by her mentally ill mother.

The same goes for Rei and Shinji only from their own unique dillemas. The problem is that Anno was in the middle of depression and having his own deep thoughts, which, coupled with the enormous pressure on Gainax to make a hit, caused the entire staff to be on the edge of breaking down, and often going over the edge. This reflects on their work. But many of its viewers, were not under this pressure or did not relate to it and thus misinterpreted the results.

Rei and the Clone issue is well explored here:

https://eva.onegeek.org/pipermail/oldeva/1998-January/009037.html

https://eva.onegeek.org/pipermail/oldeva/1998-January/009201.html


 No.2525

File: 1dc161c5ef444e1⋯.jpg (100.8 KB, 640x906, 320:453, life magazine evangelion.jpg)

>>2394

So basically he's the Alan Moore of the anime industry along with Miyazaki.

Reddit usually sucks but this thread has some interesting mulling over of that screencap.

https://www.reddit.com/r/evangelion/comments/1wiem1/evangelion_and_why_hideaki_anno_hates_you/

The budget is a complex issue but not that important. but for the fags who want to know the facts:

http://www.gwern.net/docs/eva/1997-animeland-may-hideakianno-interview-english

AL: And as for you, has Gainax given you freedom of movement, or have you been limited?

HA: No, Gainax examined my project for Evangelion and told me, “OK, you have carte blanche.” I have never been limited on anything, except perhaps time and money.

Michael House, who was working in Gainax at the time, says http://www.gwern.net/docs/2011-house :

"I had heard inside that Anno had essentially used up the original budget by about episode 9, and I recall that production was consistently behind schedule."

Using http://www.gwern.net/otaku, the Kaibunsho says they were budgeted perfectly normally:

"But the truth is that even Kadokawa just barely picked them up, and flatly rejected their budget requests, saying that they only intended to budget the same level and not a yen more than other anime Kadokawa had sponsored in the past (Tenchi Muyo, etc.)."

Toshio Okada:

“He [Anno] told an anime magazine in Japan that he couldn’t make what he wanted because of schedule or budget. But that’s not correct. I talked with Mr. Yamaga and Mr. Anno. They said,”It’s not only a problem of schedule or budget. It’s a problem of what the ending is going to be." Mr. Anno couldn’t decide."

Somewhere, although I can't seem to find, the basic problem is diagnosed as: too much of the budget went towards animating high-quality action scenes in the first 9 episodes, forcing a crunch at the end of the series for which they hadn't planned well.

Also found the original post: https://web.archive.org/web/20141220051153/http://chirart.tumblr.com/post/37808402478/evangelion-and-why-hideaki-anno-hates-you

Just wanted to post this Miyazaki quora post here because it was damn good at pointing out how he came to a similar conclusion as Guy Debord only in anime: https://www.quora.com/Did-Hayao-Miyazaki-really-say-that-anime-was-a-mistake/answer/Andy-Lee-Chaisiri

Also more on Gunbuster: https://animekritik.wordpress.com/2011/11/22/imperialism-translation-gunbuster-introduction/


 No.2526

File: 1f9bcc95aee2edb⋯.jpeg (228.08 KB, 811x1163, 811:1163, k-on evangelion band.jpeg)

>>2523

>Rebuilds suck ass

Anno interview prior to Rebuild No 3: http://forum.evageeks.org/thread/12991/Hideaki-Anno-interview-14-07-2012/

The rebuilds lost a lot of the necessary people of Gainax from the original series: https://i.imgur.com/roOA2RF.jpg

Also about NGE merchandising and Anno's loathing for the fandom

>https://www.reddit.com/r/evangelion/comments/1c2o2o/why_do_you_like_evangelion/c9cob4y/

Lastly a link to a deleted tumblr archvie with interesting NGE stuff

>http://archive.is/7cLnt

>http://archive.is/iRenj


 No.2531

File: 1983021b433fa31⋯.png (1.26 MB, 955x1122, 955:1122, ClipboardImage.png)

>>2523

>the intro song

Th NGE OP always feels so intense yet so calm and wonderful at the same time. The Goblin Slayer intro is similar in that regard (at least for me): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7z4WJAEG3u8


 No.2540

File: 886ad3eae7f26e6⋯.jpg (34.07 KB, 533x233, 533:233, EoE summary.jpg)

>>2372

Obligatory


 No.2565

File: 00b1fe4b59919ee⋯.png (1.17 MB, 1200x1015, 240:203, ClipboardImage.png)

File: 82291436f92ad83⋯.png (944.89 KB, 1500x1124, 375:281, ClipboardImage.png)

File: 439396c09f9c104⋯.png (242.87 KB, 640x344, 80:43, ClipboardImage.png)

>>2474

Every reply has been about WSWS reviewing anime, I'm just here thinking about how much of a rip-off this show is. Seriously It's not just "referencing" Evangelion, it straight up rips off many scenes and designs such as the Angel Wings etc. except with annoying cliche anime characters and rip-off Asuka/Rei cross who is also robo-cyborg-oni Jesus. The only thing NOT taken from NGE is the fucking space battle scene - they stole that from all the space battle mecha anime from the 80s (Gunpla, Gunstar, Gurren Laggan, Detonator Orgun etc.).

They took emotional scenes in Evangelion and re-played them for cheap pity. Pic 2 for example. Why was Rei (II)'s death so sad? Because not only was she the character we met from Episode 1, but she grew over the anime's progression, and just as she was finally able to emote and be human and finally, perhaps, express an mutual interest in Shinji, she is forced to essentially take suicide. The clone Rei (III) compounds this by essentially saying that, to NERV, Rei is even more expendable than Shinji or Asuka. And not only that but she is not the same Rei, she lacks the key memories that drew Shinji and Rei (II) together, and the tragedy is that Shinji has NOT forgotten those memories, and he doesn't learn till later that this isn't the same Rei Ayanami he knew. And so they have to make progress all over again.

This discount character in Darling in the Franxx? None of this whatsoever. You can sympathize with him, sure, but you don't, as an audience actually care about it because you have no attachment to them.

https://medium.com/@kataanger/darling-in-the-franxx-the-anti-evangelion-and-worst-show-this-season-5a5425a0e559

TL;DR the show is a like the unholy child of the Evangelion Rebuilds, Kill La Kill, and Pacific Rim.


 No.2566

File: a88d78e733d616c⋯.mp4 (3.52 MB, 326x218, 163:109, evangelion congratulations….mp4)

Reposting new stuff from the NGE conversation in /leftypol/

The SEELE idea was to abolish the interpersonal insecurities between people permanently allowing them all to merge into one undifferentiated collective with no individuality as the final step of 'evolution' of sorts. Something that is quite comfortable and achieved by overwhelming people with love to break down their defenses.

Shinji (+ his mother's soul) was pivotal because he was actually the tool used to accomplish this and even though he was initially affected as were all the others and was finally broken by, in his case, killing Kaworu, he is the final arbiter and eventually through his inner dialogue makes the decision that although individuals hurt each other and are afraid of each other there is hope that we can come to understand and love one another in spite of this and that this is a worthy endeavor, thus saving humanity from eternally becoming tang.

We don't get a great deal of insight into SEELE's plans, afterall we don't get to see things from their perspective, only snippets of others. But it is not difficult to imagine such desires for post-humanity or human self-annihilation, its a consistent theme in our world and there are certainly some people who do see our telos in some sort of hivemind or great computer program and view such a thing as good. Human instrumentality is neither doing nothing nor are there any 'people' to go insane. Its just a singular godlike being where all humanity is unified lacking any weaknesses or insecurities which define individuality.

Still this is why Shinji's decision is the right and courageous one, especially for him.

>What's the fucking point though? What's the end goal? Just to exist? "Oh hey guys we achieved godhood… um now what?"

>It's like you finally achieve your dream and not sure what to do next, it's rather dull really.

>You have a perfect synthesis of all humans OK, but what's the point?

>You can't do anything, the stars remain unexplored, secrets not yet unlocked, while everyone's just churning away in a weird gooey state forever.

>I mean sure you could call it a hivemind, but a hivemind that doesn't do anything.

>Does it solve massive equations? No.

>Does it use its unity to achieve great goals? No.

>It's just a constant state of euphoria I guess.

That's just because you're stuck in your own narrow view of thinking things like exploring or solving things are objectively meaningful to all.

Consider things from SEELE's point of view, a shadowy cabal controlling the world, intent on fulfilling the prophecy enclosed in the dead sea scrolls, saturated with cabalistic mysticism and the like. What use does the absolute spirit, the finally self-actualized soul of the world, have for a purpose? The dialectic has reached completion. This may not be the objectively best way for humanity but is in some ways a Hegelian end-point for humanity. o us it may seem stupid, but that's the point; they're fucking paternalistic hedonists that don't care about human beings being human beings and just want to have humanity 'feel good', based on what they read in some ancient texts and a giant, celestial organism they found and poked with an alien spear. In some ways it is similar to the coming of the rapture in the Bible.

As for the actual ending, Shinji's rejection of instrumentality means everyone will come back, when they want, perhaps over a long time, but they will. Just because they're not shown doesn't mean the world is literally just a post-apocalyptic hellscape with Shinji and Asuka in it. They're just playing out their Adam and Eve/Master-Slave dialectic bit for a symbolic struggle of mutual self-recognition intrinsic to individuality.

TL;DR: Seele wants to unite all of humanity into one being (The 18th angel), so that people do not have to suffer the pain of living as separate entities. Yui Ikari and Gendo instead want this unity to be temporary and thus have people and humanity reborn and to start again with what they left off, but the plan went a little awry when Rei (III) chooses Shinji over Gendo..


 No.2570

>>2565

sorry for the shitpost but what the hell is going on in the 3rd pic?

this looks very wrong


 No.2571

File: 55353e85601ece7⋯.png (223.39 KB, 600x338, 300:169, ClipboardImage.png)

>>2570

> the shitpost

You're asking a question, that isn't a shitpost comr8

>The 3rd pic

It is an edit of an image in Franxx, the original isn't any better.

Basically they took Evangelion's pilot-plugs and made them like this so that they could have constant "ha ha I can see your lady parts/boi-pussy" jokes that weren't funny at all.


 No.2638

has the WSWS reviewed Evangelion yet?

there need to be more trotskyist anime reviews


 No.2655

File: 2a30b0c551bfc21⋯.png (549.5 KB, 700x608, 175:152, ClipboardImage.png)

>>2638

Keep your ice-pick deserving hands off Evangelion you!


 No.2656

File: 66caa44c62fd929⋯.png (2.57 MB, 1280x1585, 256:317, ClipboardImage.png)

File: 5a6b224b99dab90⋯.png (2.69 MB, 1280x1575, 256:315, ClipboardImage.png)

>>2526

>https://i.imgur.com/roOA2RF.jpg

>anima

God not that Fanficy shit… no wonder the rebuilds were so full of shit that the few good scenes they had failed to alleviate the films terrible standing.


 No.2658

>>2655

I'm sorry, but you're wrong if you don't respect their extreme autism. I can think of no better leftist news outlet to review Evangelion.


 No.2666

>>2658

>their extreme autism

>no better leftist news outlet to review Evangelion

How about we make our own review?


 No.2673

File: 9b731f7af8b11fb⋯.jpg (94.02 KB, 623x960, 623:960, rei xray.jpg)

There are a lot of comments here that point out the multi-faceted aspects that make Neon Genesis Evangelion what it is.

I can't add anything to that, and I feel like pointing out only the fact that Evangelion does an amazing job with its music. It emphasizes the scene's atmosphere subtly and during the more tragic scenes (such as the climax of Episode 23's Angel Fight) it really strikes the soul.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ySWhvwB0VQ

Linked are the playlists of 1 channel with every single OST and music piece of Evangelion, please enjoy: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4K_xeqJqFQBZsbNj-5wAZQ/playlists


 No.2691

File: 818dee81c7eb55d⋯.jpeg (644.38 KB, 1650x2090, 15:19, realistic EVA.jpeg)

>>2523

>Red Herring

On the subject of soviet and russian evangelion memeing

http://model.otaku.ru/bma/index.htm


 No.2694

File: 02456625073d9ff⋯.png (232.19 KB, 458x488, 229:244, ClipboardImage.png)

File: db2afa453296305⋯.png (2.52 MB, 1959x2048, 1959:2048, ClipboardImage.png)

File: 0c945a631f28ff6⋯.png (1.76 MB, 993x1500, 331:500, ClipboardImage.png)

File: bd38d9ab0c399b8⋯.png (861.26 KB, 1024x1195, 1024:1195, ClipboardImage.png)

I think I've realized part of what makes Earth-chan and USSR-tan so familiar to me, they're like Rei and Asuka!


 No.2699

File: 01af48cad15a6fe⋯.png (295.03 KB, 600x315, 40:21, ClipboardImage.png)

>>2571

>>2570

Clarifying image of why this looks like it does and how:


 No.2700

File: e5ae3326d3af5ff⋯.png (710.2 KB, 714x720, 119:120, ClipboardImage.png)

File: 9566bc3a3a24173⋯.png (283.72 KB, 480x480, 1:1, ClipboardImage.png)

File: b94b772265629f3⋯.png (631.49 KB, 640x640, 1:1, ClipboardImage.png)

>>2699

Since I seem to be having fun with this have some Evangelion/Franxx memes


 No.2707

File: 32a0948315c6be6⋯.png (1019.5 KB, 1000x1417, 1000:1417, ClipboardImage.png)

File: f27efd3f4b26d67⋯.png (1.05 MB, 1000x1417, 1000:1417, ClipboardImage.png)

File: 6a137ef841ae4bc⋯.png (2.07 MB, 600x1962, 100:327, ClipboardImage.png)

File: 1b436b562d38fa8⋯.png (232.75 KB, 500x281, 500:281, ClipboardImage.png)

>>2691

Some other stuff

Pic 1 and 2 are concepts for a soviet Evangelion, unit EVA-08, powered by a nuclear reactor. and using an automated rifle that fires Depleted Uranium rounds. And, of course, the soviet pilot.

Some soviet tech in the original series:

Pic 3 and http://russia-in-anime.ru/index.php/site/article/249

Extended stuff:

Pic 4; Ekranoplan

http://russia-in-anime.ru/index.php/site/article/183

http://russia-in-anime.ru/index.php/site/article/476

http://russia-in-anime.ru/index.php/site/article/244


 No.2733

File: bbd76b5dc964fa6⋯.png (188.92 KB, 480x360, 4:3, ClipboardImage.png)

Silly edit video I found: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5Jqe0vWIvQ

The original sequence in the anime: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pr9ExScjBno


 No.2736

There's none religious symbolism in evangelion, in fact it is a 100% religious opera. It is a depiction of manichaean cosmogony.

Anno very likely is manichaean himself.

>>2566

Very wrong.

Shinji is an idiot and acts on behalf of the Lord of Darkness, what he do is completely wrong and stupid by manichaean standards, but it is how the story goes.

The instrumentality is not an 'evolution', it's the return to the original state and is not 'humanity'; cats, dogs, weed, ayylmaos are there.

Trash anime anyways.


 No.2738

File: 3894fa661ca2a41⋯.jpg (102.1 KB, 800x570, 80:57, brooding ikari.jpg)

>>2736

What are you even trying to say?

>none religious symbolism in evangelion

1) false

2) you contradict yourself by stating

>it is a 100% religious opera

>It is a depiction of manichaean cosmogony

While it has some elements of manicheanism, those are mostly because manicheanism is influenced by Christianity and subsequent Quabbalism.

"Mani regarded his doctrine not as the religion of a region, a state, or a chosen people, but as the completion of the preceding great religions of Christianity, Zoroastrianism, and Buddhism. It incorporated traditions of those and many other religions and doctrines"

http://www.iranicaonline.org/articles/manicheism-1-general-survey

https://wiki.evageeks.org/Tree_of_Life

http://evangelion.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_religious_and_philosophical_terms_in_Evangelion

>Anno very likely is manichaean himself.

You base this on what?

ANNO: "I don't belong to any kind of organized religion, so I guess I could be considered agnostic. Japanese spiritualism holds that there is kami (spirit) in everything, and that's closer to my own beliefs." -https://web.archive.org/web/20020606012703/http://masterwork.animemedia.com/Evangelion/anno.html

>Shinji is an idiot

How? He is a human being and is no more an idiot than any other human being.

>and acts on behalf of the Lord of Darkness

unwittingly. SEELE isn't exactly parading around it's true intentions and what little we know of the Human Instrumentality Project does not allow us to make a determinate claim that it is "evil" merely that it is wrong from the point of view of a human being, which is demonstrated by Shinji's choice during the Third Impact.

>what he do is completely wrong and stupid by manichaean standards

HOW?

>the return to the original state

That is not explicitly stated. Whales are land mammals EVOLVED to return to the ocean, does that mean they did not evolve? Evolution can go back and forth after all, and there have been extrapolations of such a result for humanity.

>cats, dogs, weed, ayylmaos are there

What?

>trash anime anyways

Sure bud.


 No.2739

File: f2a91bfc972c3f6⋯.png (497.58 KB, 737x806, 737:806, ClipboardImage.png)

>>2408

>Anno, the great philosopher

He never set himself up to be a philosopher and this series was never about philosophy


 No.2740

File: 4d020f92baa8b72⋯.jpg (19.47 KB, 640x480, 4:3, merry rei.jpg)

File: d0adaf71396da50⋯.jpg (387.07 KB, 800x1144, 100:143, push smile rei.jpg)

File: a4c865d2a038433⋯.jpg (324.48 KB, 1440x1080, 4:3, rei running with toast.jpg)

File: 176a97d8059817e⋯.jpg (60.99 KB, 640x480, 4:3, cooking Rei.jpg)

I think Anno fucked up with Rei. The series still wrote out a good part of her arc well but there were places for improvement. Some that were, surprisingly, amended in the Rebuilds, only to be replaced with other glaring issues.

For example the sacrifice that Rei (II ) makes (mentioned here >>2565). It really had build up, but the sudden drop in Rei's presence and activity prior hurts the scene in hindsight.

For example when Asuka slaps Rei in the elevator scene. The Rebuild version show Asuka more realistically; fidgeting, and angry but also shows Rei's change, she does not just take the blow from Asuka but instead stops her slap because Shinji has managed to imbue her with the concept that she is not just a doll but a person. This also contrasts well with the doll-like Rei clone in the 3.0 film.

Or the cooking scene, that shows Rei wanting to do something for Shinji, this continues the character progress Rei was making with her smile, and would have been the perfect in between for the sacrifice scene had it been in the original series.

Moreover in 3.0 when Shinji interacts with the new Rei Clone, he is distraught by how doll-like this version is, proving that it isn't the same Rei. HOWEVER this is ruined by the fact that despite all of Shinji's efforts to re-establish a connection this new Rei does not change or grow and so Shinji is left to be gay with Kaworu. Also the original Rei (III) still had some memories and progression as a character, even if fuzzy, and it is why she adapts faster to Shinji's behaviour and defy's Gendo in EoE.

"The truth is, I have no emotional attachment to Rei at all. In the midst of making Eva, I suddenly realized that I had forgotten her. Her very existence. For example, in episode seven, I remembered and added one shot with Rei. I had no attachment to her at all. I think that was okay, because in episode eight, she didn't appear. Not even in a single shot."

Anno basically admits that he was dismissive of Rei, and I find that irritating not only because I like her character, but also because, despite the potential of the character he simply dropped Rei, abandoning that potential in favour of the "low hanging fruit" of Asuka. This is even when he could have taken Rei and contrasted her with Asuka thus creating a character study of how the two react to adversity; one becoming outwardly aggressive, the other emotionally shutting down. While we still see this, it get smudged at some points.

"Episode 6 was too early. At the end Rei says "I don't know what to do," and Shinji says, "I think you should smile," and Rei smiles. … Afterwards, when I thought about it, I cursed. In short, if she and Shinji completely "communicated" there, then isn't she over with? At that moment, Rei, for me, was finished. When she smiled, she was already finished, this character."

I never understood this, she smiled, and while yes this is a major moment for the character, but that doesn't mean he character is finished. Asuka was a very good foil to Rei in the middle of the series; a Sun compared to a moon. But this ends up petering out a little because Anno dropped Rei.

While her smile proves that she is not a doll it also does not show that her progression and while Anno's occasional Rei inserts endear her to us the audience, it is only because the writers had the fore-sight to make them meaningful by having her be the quiet one of the pilot trio who contrasts Asuka's increasing anger and destabilization.

Lastly Rei also was a very interesting reflection of Shinji, she was cold and distant and introverted, but because she did not know any better while Shinji is distant and introverted BECAUSE he knows better. This contrasts well with Asuka who is loud and brash to hide her own distant attitude and misery. Anno nearly crippled this if it weren't for his team in Gainax.

(https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2015/04/14-1/evangelion-creator-hideaki-anno-discusses-rei-versus-asuka)


 No.2742

File: 33a8c77975c5c71⋯.jpg (675.14 KB, 1040x2627, 1040:2627, rei is (not) a doll.jpg)

>>2740

It really is ironic how Anno is like Gendo in his attitude to Rei. As soon as she'd served her purpose he was finished with her.


 No.2761

>>2738

There's nothing symbolic because it's a plain narration.

It didn't take long to go check manichaean cosmogony in wikipedia really, but maybe I was expecting too much from someone who unironically likes evangaylion.


 No.2762

File: 37b407f9cab4fd1⋯.gif (978.54 KB, 500x500, 1:1, Eva 00 banging head on wal….gif)

>>2761

>nothing symbolic because it's a plain narration

?

> to go check manichaean cosmogony in wikipedia

Wikipedia is a shit source, however I did read it as well. Evangelion does not match Manichaean Cosmogony.

1) ALL religious aspects in Evangelion were not initially selected for any reason other than a factor of interesting imagery.

2) The creators explicitly state using CHRISTIAN symbolism, they have no reason to lie.

3) Manichean Cosmogon's 3 creations are NOT the same as the 3 impacts in Evangelion. The light vs dark theme is universal, Star Wars isn't Manichean either, is it!? Also Manicheanism seems to have an important fact that it is the wielders of light who are defending from evil, yet in NGE the Angels (who wield light) are usually ATTACKING, rather than defending.

Shields of Light are also seen in other media, not to mention that AT fields were referencing another anime which you would know if you had read the links sent.

The similarities are fleeting, If you really stretch it you can perhaps say that the basic theme of invasion of evil from another realm may be similar, however that matches a good % of fiction yet somehow I doubt that most fiction authors are Manicheans. THe only other vague similarity is how Manichaean diagram of the Universe [yue] is similar to the Geofront, however even that makes no goddamn sense because that is basically saying that everything that looks similar MUST be connected, rather than convergent design as is most of the time. I can go on but point is, you're wrong.

Here, another link you won't read: https://wiki.evageeks.org/Tributes_to_Other_Fiction_in_Neon_Genesis_Evangelion

>expecting too much from someone who unironically likes evangaylion.

Why come to this thread at all if you don't like it, though why should I expect logical reasoning from someone who can't form a rational argument. Also why should I expect someone to read the links I sent that explicitly address most of your statements.


 No.2764

File: 7a92571bfe5c465⋯.gif (241.81 KB, 400x310, 40:31, real tired of your bullshi….gif)

>>2762

The symbols and ideas of there being a 'Great Father' and 'Mother of Life' date back to Ancient mythology of the Mesopotamians, Greeks and Egyptians.

EVA clearly shows a preference for the Christian theme with Adam (the first angel in NGE/first man/father of human-kind) and Lilith (2nd angel in NGE/ first wife of Adam/Mother of devil-kind after being cast aside for Eve, the first mother (which is interpreted by some fans as hinted to be Asuka, though that is doubtful).

While 3rd Impact an Human Instrumentality has a passing resemblance to The third creation there is a large amount lacking, like the pattern of 5 sons/shields/etc. Nowhere in NGE do we see this. In the case of NGE the Lilim (humans) are the enemy of the Angels. Not only but you yourself state that Shinji serves "the Dark Lord", which makes no sense according to Manichaeanism.


 No.2787

File: d0939b9b9e53b75⋯.png (1.16 MB, 1280x1280, 1:1, ClipboardImage.png)

File: 58eee48fdefe542⋯.jpg (147.16 KB, 700x933, 700:933, happy rei and asuka.jpg)

File: beb319ba7e1ab72⋯.jpg (743 KB, 2000x1427, 2000:1427, rei and asuka in kiddie po….jpg)

File: 737109fd47375c7⋯.jpg (64.64 KB, 720x956, 180:239, rei v asuka arm bar.jpg)

Some Rei and Asuka


 No.2793

File: 7bd9cafafa9198d⋯.png (2.3 MB, 2048x1536, 4:3, ClipboardImage.png)

File: 9e44cb69c6b7f70⋯.png (2.81 MB, 1920x2000, 24:25, ClipboardImage.png)

File: 3cfad4b4a77e9f3⋯.png (452.96 KB, 500x485, 100:97, ClipboardImage.png)

>>2700

Darling in the Franxx is like a collection of the worst Evangelion memes, demented versions of all the famous scenes + the fetishized version of the fight scene of Episode 8 in NGE (specifically Shinji and Asuka sharing a plug) and then decided that they'd throw in some weird space-mecha battle bullshit at the end, in what seems like a desperate bid to look different to Evangelion.

Eureka Seven was obviously referenceing Evangelion in places but it did it subtly and respectfully, which is Ironic since Trigger (who made Franxx) were originally part of Gainax which made NGE.


 No.2795

File: 6c8b1d3441f8ea8⋯.png (759 KB, 1272x688, 159:86, ClipboardImage.png)

File: e0266bae9c2a4f0⋯.png (1.12 MB, 1600x900, 16:9, ClipboardImage.png)

File: 372e0bf8603503b⋯.png (894.7 KB, 1920x1080, 16:9, ClipboardImage.png)

>>2793

Forgot to post these:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmcYAWOZJZ4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RL7joeWgeGo

>"Why have you used these Evangelion references?"

"Well, they look cooll!"

>"But…haven't you been inspired by the deeper meanings?"

"Well, these are the deeper meanings!"

>"Sry but…are you shitting us??"

"Well, if If we had known this interview would turn out like that, we might have rethought that choice."


 No.2804

File: ad1c1b02ded1b53⋯.png (540.17 KB, 566x1000, 283:500, ClipboardImage.png)

File: ac62b61e01b605b⋯.png (531.52 KB, 600x979, 600:979, ClipboardImage.png)

File: 3ea25aab02eb9dd⋯.png (778.44 KB, 807x452, 807:452, ClipboardImage.png)

File: 1b6fd3f0dff750f⋯.png (491.21 KB, 600x718, 300:359, ClipboardImage.png)

Just posting general NGE memes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wB9q385oqU


 No.2807

File: 5af0771d7d2bad4⋯.png (1.81 MB, 1280x720, 16:9, ClipboardImage.png)

File: 6132087171e19bd⋯.png (1.48 MB, 600x1354, 300:677, ClipboardImage.png)

File: e00bcacded5b312⋯.png (361.97 KB, 500x363, 500:363, ClipboardImage.png)

>>2707

Some more memes and stuff from the former USSR

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcT2Cx1Rbd8


 No.2811

>>2793

>2nd pic

shinji has a really cute butt

it's odd the big bully character guy didn't sexually harass him

>>2807

>shinji in pioneer uniform

i didn't know that i needed this in my life

thanks <3

>link

that it's ukrainian military clowns completely ruins it for me


 No.2821

File: 251b5c6439ba409⋯.png (295.32 KB, 702x767, 54:59, sexy hedgehog.png)

File: 4bcd5c9df274ed9⋯.jpg (203.65 KB, 600x939, 200:313, the final angel.jpg)

File: c68d5c7e46e4ca3⋯.jpeg (71.63 KB, 600x600, 1:1, 1486320092_anime-ikari-ge….jpeg)

>>2811

>it's odd the big bully character guy didn't sexually harass him

Asuka you mean? Because she's done that in the original series and rebuilds (and the shitty Anima).

>cute butt

ehehe yeah…

>Shinji pioneer

yep, I like it too. Surprised to find so little (at the moment).

>ukrainian military clowns

Eh whatever they may be assholes in Donbas, but in the end they are brother slavs. misguided stupid brothers, but still brothers nontheless


 No.2822

it doesnt get better than eva, i will tell you this right now

ive looked and looked but no other anime compares


 No.2824

File: a4257598bf42710⋯.png (339.18 KB, 452x700, 113:175, 1471051387242.png)

>>2822

>doesnt get better than eva

There are plenty of benchmark anime, but some can't be copared to others. Evangelion, in my opinion, is its own subcategory of anime. Due to the confusing yet at the same time enlightening series and results of said series.


 No.2841

>>2821

>Asuka you mean?

no, that guy who's sister went to the hospital

so he's not really a bully… i think that was toji


 No.2843

Evangelion is basically an anti-communist anime considering it's anti-utopian and encourages class collaboration and struggle.

Despite all the hot-talk, it's indeed one of those right wing anime.


 No.2852

File: d4bcb5a29ea8ad4⋯.png (304.61 KB, 640x270, 64:27, ClipboardImage.png)

>>2841

>toji

Oh, well no there is no reason he'd be interested in that, he's got the hots for Horaki m8.

>>2843

>anti-utopian

<muh communism is utopian

Read Stalin and Lenin you ignoramus or Cockshott if your're THAT lazy.

“We are not utopians, we do not “dream” of dispensing at once with all administration, with all subordination. These anarchist dreams, based upon incomprehension of the tasks of the proletarian dictatorship, are totally alien to Marxism, and, as a matter of fact, serve only to postpone the socialist revolution until people are different. No, we want the socialist revolution with people as they are now, with people who cannot dispense with subordination, control, and "foremen and accountants".” ― Vladimir Ilyich Lenin, The State and Revolution

The world of Evangelion is in essence post-apocalyptic, with Red Seas and the threat of eldritch monsters.

>encourages class collaboration

How?

> it's indeed one of those right wing anime

No it really isn't. That's the rip-off version; Darling in the Franxx, that show is basically the Atlas Shrugged of Mecha anime, playing off tired old "muh individuality" bullshit.

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/posts.php?discussion=15047175500A21591900&page=82

http://members.efn.org/~dredmond/VC6.txt


 No.2853

File: 753067ca28b9db8⋯.png (308.28 KB, 480x480, 1:1, ClipboardImage.png)

Some commie NGE jokes of varying taste:

1) It's not about the color of your suit, but the blood in your veins.

Asuka's Unit 02 is the only evangelion with blue blood.

Asuka confirmed for capitalist pig.

We can say that her parents were from West Germany then.

And that her mental-collapse in the last episodes of NGE are clearly a reference to the capitalist collapse during the 1929 depression.

2) Leninvangelion:

In Soviet Russia everyone gets a Rei. One of the perks of having a Reigulated economy


 No.2854

File: 0d72a1a67778e5b⋯.png (933.48 KB, 800x606, 400:303, ClipboardImage.png)

>>2655

That pic has more context than you even know.

It's a parody of Lenin's famous propaganda piece, helping workers at subbotnik. He carried a log. It was portrayed numerous times in children books and parodied by many.

Coincidentally Ayanami Rei is a kuudere character which means she is really passive. There is a slang term for a people who aren't very active in sex in Russian — бревно (a log). They just lie down like a log and don't even participate. This usually applies to women but men can be a log as well https://i.imgur.com/7wt63AG.jpg

In the Russian anime fandom kuudere characters are sometimes referred to as logs (usually by people who don't approve of this archetype or just jokingly).

Here is an example of that meme: https://i.imgur.com/zFYJkNP.jpg

This one says log truck: https://i.imgur.com/umlTixh.jpg

Kuudere characters can be deep but also sometimes annoying and so it comes to this kinda derogatory remark. Which sparks plenty of arguments. “Rei is a log”: https://i.imgur.com/G76f9HE.jpg


 No.2856

File: ab8f89df7318f38⋯.png (512.17 KB, 900x373, 900:373, ClipboardImage.png)

File: a7826cc41e1ee84⋯.png (561.16 KB, 682x819, 682:819, ClipboardImage.png)

File: d1e2a17de5d7265⋯.png (8.38 MB, 2493x3912, 831:1304, ClipboardImage.png)

File: f23e9d1e00d3a9d⋯.png (215.68 KB, 500x333, 500:333, ClipboardImage.png)

wholesome/funny NGE stuff


 No.2857

File: 2ea78e7e752e856⋯.png (484.5 KB, 500x717, 500:717, ClipboardImage.png)

File: 1364c03954ccee4⋯.png (505.42 KB, 600x774, 100:129, ClipboardImage.png)

File: b03444ed478f255⋯.png (1.72 MB, 1136x1672, 142:209, ClipboardImage.png)

File: a42fc9f976f737c⋯.png (824.59 KB, 730x1008, 365:504, ClipboardImage.png)


 No.2858

File: 5f0ca7029149150⋯.png (756.75 KB, 730x1095, 2:3, ClipboardImage.png)

File: 3665be0bda6f3fb⋯.jpg (113.36 KB, 1024x735, 1024:735, godzilla vs Eva 01.jpg)

File: 2fd10f481190992⋯.jpg (135.55 KB, 804x571, 804:571, Eva 01 vs Shin Godzilla.jpg)

File: 8d1ceb12416ab25⋯.jpg (110.22 KB, 714x1024, 357:512, Eva vs godzilla.jpg)

crossovers


 No.2859

File: 8a1fb2cc12fd44e⋯.png (2.34 MB, 1164x823, 1164:823, Unit 01 vs Otachi.png)

File: 6846f335707b83d⋯.jpg (169.24 KB, 1024x576, 16:9, Unit 02 in Pacific Rim.jpg)

File: 3345982cab3cf22⋯.jpg (400.52 KB, 1920x1080, 16:9, godzilla vs evangelion.jpg)


 No.2861

File: da394a2494878d5⋯.png (13.35 MB, 5345x4111, 5345:4111, godzilla va sachiel.png)

File: 3ace5f398a0f59c⋯.jpg (248.92 KB, 900x1199, 900:1199, evazilla 01 2.jpg)

File: f71e098b9f9caf5⋯.jpg (98.94 KB, 1000x987, 1000:987, Evazilla 01.jpg)


 No.2862

File: 82735d9700d8d73⋯.png (512.44 KB, 640x550, 64:55, ClipboardImage.png)

File: 22dab2ad3f87e21⋯.png (316.19 KB, 600x419, 600:419, ClipboardImage.png)

I keep hearing the same shit about Shinji and how he's annoying or bad, "He's weak, passive, cowardly, boring, annoying. Can't get laid for the life of him."

Which is IMO a shallow ad hominum attack TBH.

I think it's just the fact that Shinji does not fit into the standard mold of teen-aged male protagonists in an action anime with giant robots. He's a character that develops more mentally than physically, with a lot more struggle, suffering, and confusion than anime watchers are used to. (The majority of which comes off as teen angst (but maybe it is) to those who can't understand Shinji's burden.) The result is that people see only what is on the surface, and fail to see Shinji as a realistic character with problems too big for him to deal with.


 No.2863

File: 2607412aa93e12d⋯.png (739.34 KB, 600x1180, 30:59, ClipboardImage.png)

File: 76b86a52377fddf⋯.png (1.12 MB, 600x1486, 300:743, ClipboardImage.png)

>>2862

>pic 1 = majority of anime viewers


 No.2873

File: 2c2e11eaf354e31⋯.png (2.36 MB, 826x2320, 413:1160, ClipboardImage.png)

>>2852

>Darling in the Franxx

An excellent review on that garbage: https://myanimelist.net/reviews.php?id=283831

Additionally I know this has already been said but Darling in the Franxx, unlike Evangelion clearly panders to right-wing politics by ham-fisting in skewed conservatism and presenting it in a positive light.

- Japan is currently having issues with that exact problem, the show frames situations in such a way that everything look connected to that. It's not political in the sense of discussion, but it is political in the sense that Japan's very government wants this message out, and the studio apparently agrees. This isn't an issue in and of itself, but is perfect for burger incels with their retarded "get in the kitchen woman" attitude. As opposed to the Soviet attitude that supported children but also supported women having careers. We see a similar thing in Evangelion, with Ritsuko and her mother, except that this is repeatedly pointed out to be BAD and that the class-collaborationist system results in Ritsuko's mother and Ritsuko herself becoming bitter lonely women, and being forced to choose either work or romance/family. It even plays a massive part in EoE when Casper prevents the self-destruct of Terminal Dogma.

- We also have Dr. Franxx who is the typical "bad guy was once good but went bad because TRAGEDY" which is not only cliche but dumb as all hell. At least with Gendo and his obsession with Yui we KNOW that Gendo wasn't a good person even if Yui thought otherwise, and we can see that his obsession to re-unite with Yui is unhealthy as he abuses and disregards his own son to that purpose, seeing him as a tool at best and as an obstacle at worst. Franxx is essentially a fetishized incel fantasy and thus plays to the incels that make up a majority of the right-wing (especially in the US and Japan itself). The USA because of /pol/ circle-jerking and in Japan due to a massive issue with many young men being unable to have healthy relationships, (which explains the massive rise in autistic weebs/otakus and things like marrying Dakis and holograms).

https://fightthenewdrug.org/is-japan-a-look-into-our-societys-future/

https://boingboing.net/2010/03/10/man-marries-body-pil.html

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2018/11/12/national/japanese-man-marries-virtual-reality-singer-hatsune-miku-hologram/

- In the situation with Ichigo and Ikuno where the latter is obviously fucking lesbian (see pic 1). This is essentially a rip off of the Maya x Ritsuko lesbian fanfic shipping from the early days of the Evangelion fanbase, a ship that was just as hamfisted, but was thankfully never canon. So what we see is that she's a gay character in a world where you have to connect (sexually) with a male to pilot.. and piloting a Franxx is their entire reason for living/being created. Not to mention that Ichigo is clearly in love with Hiro. While I personally have no interest in exploring gay relationships in media this could have potentially been an interesting character study but that was basically pissed away for excessive yuri tension scenes rather than the preferably subtle tragic 'love' that these interactions could have been.

In short the lesbian scenes that were frankly unnecessary but could have been done better, are ripped out of Evangelion fanfiction and are turned into a pointless yuri insert instead of being used as good story material.

- Unfortunately these facts is dismissed because of the idpol twitter rant of a certain moronic liberal who also noticed them but took his analysis into the typical SJW territory of "muh representation": https://www.sankakucomplex.com/2018/05/26/ann-critic-darling-in-the-franxx-right-wing-propaganda/


 No.2874

File: abdfe32371e6b85⋯.png (724.1 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, ClipboardImage.png)

>>2873

Cont.

Finally the inevitable "but what about Kaworu and Shinji!?" that some people will bring up.

1) Discounting the Manga(s) and rebuilds that dynamic was always very subtle and was alluded to but never directly pushed.

2) It was used as a foil to Misato, Asuka and Rei by presenting what was essentially the perfect being for Shinji, and how he contrasted with the rest. This ends with Shinji finding out that he was an angel all along and that the idea that it was too perfect to be true was valid.

3) Their relationship was also an exploration of desperation. Shinji was demonstrated as straight so far, getting the hots for Rei and Asuka and Misato (but lacking the courage to be direct due to circumstances of his life). Kaworu arrived when Shinji was at this lowest point; Asuka hated him and was a complete wreck, the Rei he knew was dead, the new Rei a pale imitation, the harrowing truth of Rei's origins and his repeated failure to please or save anyone he cared for or wished would care for him. Kaworu comes into this being the embodiment of the perfect friend and acts the same part that Shinji played in the progression of Rei (II).

4) His interest in Shinji might have stemmed from his interest in human nature in general, Shinji representing a prime example of human pain and loneliness. Homosexual overtones, while there are more of the Freud kind, which imply that there is some homosexual overtones in just about anything, and that the situational closeness of the two simply make it more prominent.


 No.2875

File: ed109552d6b755b⋯.png (378.32 KB, 500x500, 1:1, ClipboardImage.png)

>>2874

TL;DR Kaworu played the role to Shinji, that Shinji had played for Rei. Any homosexual over-tones were merely among the possible interpretations, but is always subtle at best. Later Manga and the Rebuilds simply pandered to the Yaoi fans.


 No.2942

File: 238a61fcbba76e9⋯.jpg (104.19 KB, 581x797, 581:797, rei hides from kaworu.jpg)

>>2875

>Kaworu and Rei


 No.2972

File: 8dcc512bc3d3020⋯.png (1.69 MB, 1024x926, 512:463, ClipboardImage.png)

File: ac3e2ff7bb8320e⋯.png (4.18 MB, 1466x2048, 733:1024, ClipboardImage.png)

File: aedf732ee0c27bf⋯.png (798.78 KB, 768x512, 3:2, ClipboardImage.png)

File: d5aa1f1824baff0⋯.png (2.33 MB, 995x1400, 199:280, ClipboardImage.png)

>>2857

more wholesome Evangelions


 No.2977

File: fb1f2fcd8ecbf7b⋯.jpg (85.58 KB, 526x768, 263:384, d6480b3b4965db44dd3e0f5355….jpg)

Does anyone know what happened to the site "Tales of Apartment 402"?

link: http://rei-shinji.cjb.net

neither it nor "The New Tales of Apartment 402" seem available online, but apparently it was a popular shinji x rei fanfiction forum and I wanted to see some of the content (as it predates FF.net and AOA)


 No.2986

>>2742

>it's fucking nothing


 No.2987

File: 5e202bc538413d5⋯.jpg (57.07 KB, 600x832, 75:104, 1375293152492.jpg)

>>2986

>fucking nothing

What?


 No.3039

File: b90fadad5b7abaf⋯.jpg (133.86 KB, 900x900, 1:1, evangelion evahelm.jpg)

Damn, this thread was rocketing then dropped suddenly.


 No.3047

File: 11ec456a63fce3e⋯.jpg (58.65 KB, 600x583, 600:583, 5a2.jpg)

File: b49f8cec1c4a2dd⋯.png (2.28 MB, 1166x1650, 53:75, ClipboardImage.png)

File: e57f31e74b2e6f3⋯.png (212.07 KB, 526x354, 263:177, ClipboardImage.png)

File: 2d874195ae28266⋯.png (825.15 KB, 716x927, 716:927, ClipboardImage.png)


 No.3105

>>2462

Both really.

>>2461

Too bad. Still it makes sense if it were applied.

>>2466

Maybe email him?

>>2469

>chomsky

No


 No.3106

File: 224055017d8545a⋯.png (597.94 KB, 800x436, 200:109, ClipboardImage.png)

>>2531

>>2673

Evangelion music is really damn good. It makes sense that Bleach would have similarly great OSTs, sharing the same composer.

>>2666

>How about we make our own review?

Well satan, is this thread good enough?


 No.3107

File: ca31804376ef5e5⋯.png (576.61 KB, 750x565, 150:113, ClipboardImage.png)

File: 34da22cb7dcbaa4⋯.png (554.63 KB, 800x600, 4:3, ClipboardImage.png)

File: 45166162450e432⋯.png (465.49 KB, 757x426, 757:426, ClipboardImage.png)

File: de0e684c64277d7⋯.png (2.34 MB, 1600x990, 160:99, ClipboardImage.png)

Does anyone remember Girlfriend of Steel? Of all the ideas to make into a evangelion video-game, the 10 minute scene at the end of the series was not something I thought would be made into it's own thing. Then again it makes sense with how wholesomely cute it is, and how much the series really makes one wish that Shinji and the rest could really live in a happy, slice of life like that.


 No.3109

File: 2d063546e8e3d04⋯.jpg (41.9 KB, 295x488, 295:488, chomsky.jpg)

>>3105

>you don't want to see chomsky discuss syndicalism and yuruyuri


 No.3110

File: aad1e93a6aaf2fc⋯.jpg (16.43 KB, 404x225, 404:225, no.jpg)

>>3109

No, not really. The old windbag is too irritating for me, neither Zizeks silliness nor the effort of people like Bad Comedian or Tubus Show would be put in by him.


 No.3111

File: a545c4caec3f206⋯.png (247.5 KB, 1024x512, 2:1, ClipboardImage.png)

File: 4142135d54d1a18⋯.gif (764.35 KB, 600x508, 150:127, angel tower.gif)

Reposting something amusing from the leftytrash thread

Sinn's quotation about Varou was random, but now that I think about it:

1) Evangelion is a Greek word

2) No Greek characters in NGE but a well known German one

3) How would have been a Varou-led NERV?


 No.3118

File: dbc4434979f7cde⋯.png (3.88 MB, 1900x2800, 19:28, ClipboardImage.png)

>>3111

>pic 2

Is it just me or does the true form of the Lily Carnation from the 6th One Piece movie (Baron Omatsuri and the Secret Island) resemble the Angel tower from Evangelion?


 No.3211

File: 534118ad6ea2bea⋯.jpg (116.22 KB, 352x1009, 352:1009, NGE sentinel.jpg)

File: 5a2d462051a8a16⋯.jpg (1.02 MB, 1458x1095, 486:365, ev inspired sentinel.jpg)

File: 4abb26d33da42ca⋯.png (1.04 MB, 828x579, 276:193, ClipboardImage.png)

File: 11b4404b4b1583b⋯.png (1.7 MB, 791x1200, 791:1200, ClipboardImage.png)

Peni Parker literally shows up for 2 seconds in the spiderverse trailer, and instant loli porn everywhere:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_z-sg7TEr4

I'm surprised Shadman hasn't lewded her yet

But really, it's really weird how Marvel has put a loli in highschool, with blatant Evangelion reference after reference, (hell they have Asuka, Rei, Shinji and Kaworu make cameos), and the SP//DR is literally a downsized Eva in looks and has a mental uplink with the pilot, and even has her dad die in a mecha 'accident' just like Shinji's mother. Oh and Oscorp is like a mini-NERV, with battle-stations and all. There are even more parallels with Evangelion that I couldn't begin to name, so instead I'll provide an example and an analysis:

The wiki summarizes 1 battle:

"VEN#m was deployed, but Addy lost control while fighting M.O.R.B.I.U.S.. Aunt May went to Addy to prevent the Sym Engine within VEN#m from exploding, but both are assimilated into the suit…. "Uncle Ben then rerouted power in SP//dr to allow Peni to fight and she then defeats VEN#m, only to find both Addy and Aunt May missing. "

This fight alone makes 6 direct references alone, if not more.

A) Major Katsuragi jumping in Jet Alone to stop its nuclear reactor from exploding

B) The Eva assimilating its pilot

C) The Eva-01 going berserk

D) The fight against Angelified Unit 03.

E) The Sym engine references the S2 engine?

F) Shinji saving Rei from her over-heated Eva Unit 00

The issue here is that this isn't Spiderman, this is just Evangelion re-written with Marvel elements. In doing so they lose the identity of spiderman and how the different universes' variations of him. Having Uncle Ben and Aunt May and "Addy" Brock is not what makes spider-man who he is, it's what kind of a person he is and what he does. I dislike Ultimate Spiderman as a series, but their spider-verse mini-arc was very well done because it shows this very well; each spiderman has differences defining him but in the end they have the same base. The '90s spiderman cartoon also does this well but instead contrasts the different personalities of Peter depending on the choices each version made in the different universes, such as the rich stuck-up armored spider-man who went public but became a scum-bag and therefore, not a true spiderman.

Peni Parker and her series is fun but it provides neither the analysis that the spiderverse is meant to, nor does it, at the least, keep to the original Spiderman's character, outside of exhibiting the superficial things like quips and relatively upbeat attitude. Thing is, that this contrasts with her heel face turns where she becomes morose or depressed, marvel again imitating Shinji and not Peter Parker. Worse it rings hollow because it doesn't have the background Shinji does (see >>2862)

What Peni Parker is, is a decent Eva parody, it actually does strike all the original series notes, but with far less psychological break-down which makes it tame, so you might as well just watch the original NGE instead.

>http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Peni_Parker_(Earth-14512)

>http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/VEN#m_Suit

>http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/SP//dr_Suit

>http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Oscorp_(Earth-14512)

It isn't the first time marvel hollowly references Evangelion (or other anime for that matter) either, though this is the most extensive one. It feels like they're pandering to /mecha/ weebs to get their attention.

>https://www.japanator.com/edge-of-spider-verse-packs-in-the-anime-references-33135.phtml

PS

- The Mysterio 'villain' has a giant eyeball fly over the city, douses it in hallucinogenic gas which over-powers the SP//dr's filtration system. This feels like a reference to several Angels and to the DC villain Scarecrow. Yet the villain himself is like a cutesy version of Syndrome from Incredibles, in that he is obsessed with SP//dr.

- Also having Addy Brock be the obvious Asuka reference, yet putting her in the mecha that looks (and acts) like Eva-01 and yet have Peni not fit her obvious Shinji role is what sort of fucks things up, like a bad Girlfriend of Steel fanfiction. Also no Rei representative (among the mecha pilots) yet either, which shows that the creators are Asuka-fags.

- Lastly M.O.R.B.I.U.S is a name reference to an old spiderman anti-hero character, Morbius who was a vampire-man, best shown in the '90s cartoon. This Morbius however is more of a reference to Kaiju in general, (just like Kid Kaiju from Universe 616), with the electric blue lighting and design resembling a mixture of various Kaiju from Pacific Rim.


 No.3250

File: fc302a753795b4c⋯.png (184.15 KB, 420x660, 7:11, fc302a753795b4cef9ab8def93….png)

Rei's monologue in Episode 14: "Blood… The smell of blood. A woman who never bleeds." Woman who never bleeds = no menstrual cycle, so no fertility. Alternatively she is always fertile.

Since I like Rei and since she's partly made of Lilith (Mother of all humans) I'd go with the 'Always Fertile' version, since that would make more sense.

https://wiki.evageeks.org/Theory_and_Analysis:Rei%27s_Monologue


 No.3316

>>2566

I swear that the

>http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Eye_of_the_Moon_Plan

Is a discount Human Instrumentality except with magic and chakras and shit. With the 9-tailed beasts instead of the Angels and the 10-tails instead of the Lilith or Adam.


 No.3411

File: 1b74ec408a42018⋯.png (Spoiler Image, 8.89 MB, 3508x4961, 3508:4961, ClipboardImage.png)

Some Eva not end sites

1) https://eva-not-end.com/Portal/profile/18009-golem/

2) http://evangelion-not-end.narod.ru/Pics.html

>http://boards.4channel.org/a/thread/183211903

The only Evangelion thread on /a/ is about the english release of Anima, which has a lot of people hyped, despite it being a mess of interesting ideas, buried in stupid pointless shit like Maki or making Evangelions all sorts of weird shapes and with weird weapons, that would be fitting for a mech anime but not the type of anime that NGE is supposed to be.

Spoiler.

Also this artist does fanficy NGE porn: https://rule34.xxx/index.php?page=post&s=list&tags=muchi_muchi


 No.3412

File: 639854ef2cbd7a1⋯.png (305.76 KB, 500x375, 4:3, ClipboardImage.png)

>>3411

Mods, pls spoiler, the spoiler button didn't work for some reason.


 No.3424

File: a88c31819657059⋯.png (529.64 KB, 517x1080, 517:1080, ClipboardImage.png)

File: 1be4b20b1fb636e⋯.webm (535.97 KB, 400x304, 25:19, giant beetle grub.webm)

>>2861

This is in reference to two different aspects of more recent Godzilla films.

1: Shin Godzilla has Anno co-directing it.

2: Kiryu's origin mirrors that of the Evas, so much so that during the time that Anno has been working with Toho, model kits of Kiryu have been released featuring a painting scheme of Eva 01.

This also is showing a distinct difference in that Shinji (who pilots eva01) has no backbone and would crumple if laughed at, whereas Godzilla ain't got time for your angst shit.

Also Baby Mothro looks like a penis… or this grub


 No.3425

This Kemono friends evangelion fan-parody is fucking awesome. Got taken down from Youtube unfortunately, but it exists on e621. (A rare gem among furry shit). The webm is archived once in wayback but is otherwise unsaved, so I suggest that you download it. It's far too large to upload here, at nearly 50 Mb, so…

https://static1.e621.net/data/03/f4/03f4cb26b9b4b4fd5e5d76cfebb2f63c.webm


 No.3492

File: a380cd5b27ea086⋯.png (Spoiler Image, 6.25 MB, 1432x2023, 1432:2023, ClipboardImage.png)

>>3411

>fanficy NGE porn

Also some of their stuff under a different name.

https://rule34.xxx/index.php?page=post&s=list&tags=hikami_dan


 No.3533

File: d3fac28e5146331⋯.jpg (159.1 KB, 945x699, 315:233, Rei helping film.jpg)

>>2385

Someone on /leftypol/ did a good job summarizing the retarded new-fags who claim the show is shallow and pretentious, pointing to the religious symbols.

>Man's relation to the spiritual is discussed in the show, but this is an argument people have been having since before 4chan. Some Newfag shows up, says "EVA's imagery is literally pointless, here's a quote where Anno says crosses look cool," completely ignoring that the series is about alienation, the fetishization of child soldiers, and the behaviors man exhibits in an attempt to keep himself safe from harm. It's not "hurr durr muh super robot deconstruction" or "*hits blunt* dude Jewish mysticism lmao"

Also I someone pointed out that angels are a world-known concept that even the japanese would be fully aware of so Anno's naming of the monsters in his show as Angels (with canonic biblical names no-less) is an obvious irony. Along with NERV's motto "God is in his heaven, all's right with the world" which contrasts to the underground nature (both literally and socially) of NERV


 No.3536

>>2863

>completely missing the point of why Kamina punched Simon

I've always hated this comic because it implies Kamina told Simon to "man up." The lesson was "don't punish yourself" not "stop being a bussy"


 No.3538

File: 7203c291385614e⋯.jpg (1.35 MB, 2268x1594, 1134:797, rape time shinji.jpg)

>>3536

>The lesson was "don't punish yourself" not "stop being a bussy"

IMO I thought it was more of a "snap out of it" type of punch.

That was the point of the comic and the post.

The 2nd one was just a joke


 No.3543

>>3538

>IMO I thought it was more of a "snap out of it" type of punch.

They brought it full circle when Simon punched Rossiu


 No.3545

>>3533

Oh right, the religious symbolism even Anno admits was there for the cool factor…


 No.3547

File: a887902e926e4cc⋯.png (250.45 KB, 600x800, 3:4, We're on a Mission from Go….png)

>>3545

And found the newfag.

see the following posts

>>2372

>>2401

>>2451

Even the post you responded to already address your newfag "but Anno said". By the fucking blue curtains read before posting.


 No.3575

Of course the Eva thread is full of pseuds.


 No.3598

>>3575

> Eva thread is full of pseuds

Brilliant lack of argument there


 No.3599

Imagine still arguing over this meme


 No.3600

>>3599

>still arguing over this meme

What meme?


 No.3610

File: 245fc4636cc2907⋯.mp4 (2.65 MB, 448x360, 56:45, evangelion 03 - Angel Atta….mp4)

So this channel called Evangelion y Mas was recently deleted.

> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4K_xeqJqFQBZsbNj-5wAZQ/playlists

The reason being, the user uploaded a dozen playlists of The Evangelion OST, with proper titling, in good quality and full organized. It's ALL GONE. It's retarded because the guy was making no money off of these videos and said as much in the description Each clip was 2 minutes of music. Yet copy-right still deleted his channel… fucking great, and I had just started downloading the MP-4 files because they were the first decent quality ones I found in a long time. It's fucking amazing how corporate sanctioned thievery of independent art and products is completely untouched by yotube, but if you dare publicly share a big corporations goods (that it isn't even actively marketing) you get deleted. FFS


 No.3611

File: 844a08e41d05eac⋯.mp4 (2.25 MB, 896x720, 56:45, evangelion 10 - Nerv.mp4)

File: 989589a1ccceed9⋯.mp4 (3.19 MB, 448x360, 56:45, evangelion 04 - Rei.mp4)

>>3610

I'm gonna upload the other 2 clips I got off his channel before it was deleted.


 No.3612

File: 81130635e51d36f⋯.mp4 (2.42 MB, 480x360, 4:3, Evangelion - Both of You, ….mp4)

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-U15QEbKFN0

The cripplingly low number of knowledge of Evangelion and Cowboy Bebop is fuckin' criminal TBH.

>>3610

>>3611

I managed to find a playlist of most of the Volume I OST

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL9KywyRG91y4-5brFIdaVIUUxv2k_Zk-J

Imma download them and upload them here, meanwhile have another timeless OST


 No.3635

File: c8f5f8398b4f06c⋯.png (Spoiler Image, 1.53 MB, 840x1200, 7:10, ClipboardImage.png)

File: 1952f5c01e747b1⋯.png (Spoiler Image, 2.44 MB, 1570x1200, 157:120, ClipboardImage.png)

File: 109698cd1bb46b4⋯.png (Spoiler Image, 4.3 MB, 2048x1485, 2048:1485, ClipboardImage.png)

File: c099505990e5496⋯.png (Spoiler Image, 2.14 MB, 1683x1200, 561:400, ClipboardImage.png)

>>3492

>>3411

Anyone have sauce on Pic 1? It's called (I think), "Mou Kizutsu Itemoii" by artist "R. Arran" (Circle Titilatio) but I can't find it fir some reason.


 No.3649

File: 55ea23ba4a2bf11⋯.png (265.86 KB, 532x277, 532:277, ClipboardImage.png)

>>2863

>>2862

when Shinji does man the fuck up, get in the robot, etc, in Rebuild, it's shown that he becomes so gung-ho HE accidentally ends the world instead of his father. When he does what the more ignorant viewers want and stops "being a little bitch" (or rather, acting line a normal fucking kid his age when presented with that level of responsibility) he ends up predictably fucking up and killing almost everyone… Twice. In the original show, when Asuka provoked him after he superceded her sync ratio, he went head on after an Angel, and ended up being sucked into it, possibly dying had Unit-01 berserk again.

Because, *gasp*, he's an easily manipulated, emotionally under-developed recluse who is unable to socialize past the basic automatic manners and other social graces. He's variably either madly in love or completely high on the premise of 'saving the world' that he doesn't stop to think that, hey, this thing all his other friends are saying "DON'T TOUCH THAT" shouldn't be touched. But hey, backing down would be a bitch move, so let's go ahead and cause another Impact, why the fuck not. And no one seems to get that that is the point of Evangelion: Both the first run of it and Rebuild are criticisms of the genre from different directions.

Stick a kid in a giant robot and say "Hey, you are solely responsible for the lives of everyone in this city. And the planet, too!" means you get a blubbering, ineffectual idiot who can't handle it, because he's FOURTEEN YEARS OLD and doesn't know how to deal with the pressure. Normal teens with NORMAL pressures can't always hold up to pressures, let alone the emotional wreck of abandonment issues that Shinji is.

Alternatively, take the same kid, give him a hero/savior complex (like 90% of shows which rip-off NGE, or the Rebuilds), give him friends and a girlfriend, and now he takes massive risks he really shouldn't, ignoring advice of authority figures who know better and his friends, and happily mashes the "END THE FUCKING WORLD" button like it's going out of style because "muh waifu" or "I'M THE HERO YEAH/FUCK THE SYSTEM" because teenagers have to be goddamn sociopaths who only care about what makes them feel good, rather than actual people. Ironically that's exactly what's wrong with teens today.


 No.3885

File: eaccb0984f52dc3⋯.gif (2.42 MB, 480x270, 16:9, misato drink and yell.gif)

Some anon on leftytrash was talking about their dislike about Brazilian BBQs and pointed out a part about how drinking is a big part of it

>why do we have to drink at all, has capitalism made us so antisocial that we can only bound through advertising?

Another anon pointed out that

>No, people always have been like that. It's part of the human condition to desperately crave intimacy yet be terrified by it, so the only logical solution is inebriation. It chips away at the barrier of the ego, temporarily letting us escape from ourselves.

This describe many people but reminded me most distinctly of Misato




[Return][Go to top][Catalog][Nerve Center][Cancer][Post a Reply]
Delete Post [ ]
[]
[ / / / / / / / / / / / / / ] [ dir / algeria / caco / choroy / eros / lewd / lovelive / vril / wmafsex ]