[ home / board list / faq / random / create / bans / search / manage / irc ] [ ]

/realnews/ - REAL NEWS

Real News Without Shills or Trolls

Catalog

Name
Email
Subject
Comment *
File
* = required field[▶ Show post options & limits]
Confused? See the FAQ.
Options
Password (For file and post deletion.)

Allowed file types:jpg, jpeg, gif, png, webm, mp4
Max filesize is 8 MB.
Max image dimensions are 10000 x 10000.
You may upload 1 per post.


File: 1439430098853.jpg (54.06 KB, 600x800, 3:4, CMOXurjUAAANoiA.jpg)

 No.75

It appears that carry trades are not the only thing blowing up in China. A massive explosion, fireball, and mushroom cloud can be seen at chemical storage facility in the Chinese port town of Tianjin…

*DEATH TOLL FROM BLAST IN CHINA'S TIANJIN RISES TO 13: DAILY

*TIANJIN HALTS SUBWAY TO BLAST-HIT BIN HAI NEW AREA ON THURSDAY

*TIANJIN MAYOR URGES CONTROL OF SECONDARY ACCIDENTS AFTER BLAST

Huge explosions at a warehouse for dangerous materials in the northeastern Chinese port of Tianjin killed at least 17 people, injured hundreds and sent massive fireballs into the night sky, officials and witnesses said Thursday.

China's state broadcaster, CCTV, said that at least 17 people were killed and that 32 were in critical condition in hospital. Hundreds of others were taken to hospital. The explosions late Wednesday knocked doors off buildings in the area and shattered windows up to several kilometers (miles) away.

"I thought it was an earthquake, so I rushed downstairs without my shoes on," Tianjin resident Zhang Siyu, whose home is several kilometers from the blast site, said in a telephone interview. "Only once I was outside did I realize it was an explosion. There was the huge fireball in the sky with thick clouds. Everybody could see it."

Zhang said she could see wounded people weeping. She said she did not see anyone who had been killed, but "I could feel death."

There was no indication of what caused the blasts, and no immediate sign of any large release of toxic chemicals into the air. Beijing News reported on its website that there was some unidentified yellow foam flowing at the site.

Police in Tianjin said an initial blast took place at shipping containers in a warehouse for hazardous materials owned by Ruihai Logistics, a company that says it's properly approved to handle hazardous materials. State media said senior management of the company had been detained by authorities, and that President Xi Jinping has demanded severe punishment for anyone found responsible for the explosions.

The official Xinhua News agency said an initial explosion triggered other blasts at nearby businesses. The National Earthquake Bureau reported two major blasts before midnight, the first with an equivalent of 3 tons of TNT, and the second with the equivalent of 21 tons.

The explosions took place in a mostly industrial zone, with some apartment buildings in the vicinity. Buildings of a half-dozen other logistics companies were destroyed in the blasts, and more than 1,000 new Renault cars were left charred in nearby parking lot, Beijing News said.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-08-12/caught-tape-mushroom-clud-forms-after-massive-explosion-rocks-chinese-port-city?page=1

 No.78

File: 1439430240300.jpg (44.88 KB, 600x677, 600:677, 14910492.jpg)

martial law is also in effect at ferguson

once we get a few in europe things will really start compounding


 No.83

File: 1439479165912.jpg (160.97 KB, 900x600, 3:2, Blast_Impact.jpg)

Death Toll Rises to 50 From Massive Tianjin Blasts (*Updated)

http://en.people.cn/n/2015/0813/c90882-8935361.html

Death Toll in China's Tianjin Explosions Rises to 44

At least 520 people sustained injuries, including 66 in critical condition, the Xinhua news agency reported.

The death toll from two explosions in the northeast Chinese port city of Tianjin has climbed to 44 people, local media reported Thursday.

At least 520 people sustained injures, including 66 in critical condition, the Xinhua news agency reported.

The incident occurred just before midnight on Wednesday in an area where toxic chemicals were stored. The twin blasts were reportedly caused by by flammable goods at a container terminal.

Over 1,000 firefighters were sent to the scene, and search-and-rescue operations are currently underway.

Chinese leader Xi Jinping called for efforts to save the injured people, while Prime Minister Li Keqiang pledged to carry out a thorough investigation, according to local media.

http://sputniknews.com/asia/20150813/1025691068.html


 No.117

China Sends In Chemical Warfare Troops, Orders Tianjin Blast Site Evacuation After Toxic Sodium Cyanide Found

Four years ago, following the Sendai tsunami and resulting explosion at the Fukushima nuclear power plant, the Japanese government had just one goal: to minimize panic among the population, even if it meant blatantly lying about the resulting deadly radioactive fallout the public was exposed to. After all the top prerogative among government bureaucrats has always been to minimize social disturbance even if it means sacrificing countless individuals to a death that could have been avoided if only the government had told the truth from the beginning.

This was also the playbook followed by the Chinese government three days ago after the massive chemical plant explosion in China’s port of Tianjin where the casualty count is increasing with every passing day (85 dead at last check and rising fast), but where the real danger is that toxic gases and chemical fallout, just as dangerous and lethal as Fukushima’s beta and gamma waves, have spread in the air and water, and are jeopardizing the local population.

Initially the government did everything in its power to cover up the spread of deadly contaminants. As we reported yesterday, People’s Daily openly lied to the local population: “Authorities tasked with marine monitoring announced there were no hazardous chemicals detected in waters off the blast site in north China's port city Tianjin on Friday.

A statement from the State Oceanic Administration (SOA) said major measurement of seawater composition did not show any anomaly compared with historical records.

Hazardous materials such as cyanide and volatile phenol were not detected, while the variety of zooplankton was not affected either, it added.

The problem is that the Chinese government long ago lost all credibility and as we reported yesterday, local residents “wondered if even the air was safe because of the smoke, still billowing hours later from vestiges of the inferno, which destroyed an industrial zone near the port. Many people wore masks.”

“Right now, we don’t know anything,” said Sun Meirong, 52, an office cleaner who descended 13 flights of stairs with her 1-year-old grandson after the explosions blew in her apartment windows and front door.

… According to the Tianjin Tanggu Environmental Monitoring Station, calcium carbide was one of several toxic industrial chemicals stored by the company. The others included sodium cyanide, which can produce hydrogen cyanide, a volatile and flammable liquid; and toluene diisocyanate, which can also react violently in the presence of water.

Read more here:

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-08-15/china-orders-evacuation-around-tianjin-blast-site-after-highly-toxic-sodium-cyanide-


 No.139

112 Dead, 95 Still Missing After Tianjin Blasts

>Chinese officials have revised the death toll from the deadly Tianjin blasts to 112, while 95 are still missing even as Chinese leaders have asked for introspection and radical improvements to workplace safety.

>More than 50 people have been rescued in Tianjin after multiple blasts at a chemical warehouse in Tianjin in north China on Saturday.

>China’s internet regulator has initiated a crackdown on the websites that were “spreading rumors after major disasters” said Chinese agency Xinhua.

http://thebricspost.com/112-dead-95-still-missing-after-tianjin-blasts/


 No.140

>>139

>China’s internet regulator has initiated a crackdown on the websites that were “spreading rumors after major disasters” said Chinese agency Xinhua.

Dr William B. Mount has warned of a preemptive nuclear strike ((likely due to the disaster happening a day after China devalued their currency to increase competition with the US in export trade, as well negatively impacting stock markets around the globe)) … Dr. Mount has yet to show substantial evidence in his controversial claim, see here:

http://8ch.net/realnews/res/124.html

Bill Holter, a widely respected economist, has also hinted this as well, his recent theory can be seen here:

http://www.silverdoctors.com/did-the-final-war-just-start-did-the-us-just-detonate-a-tactical-nuke-in-tianjin/


 No.160

>>117

China Blast Zone Blocked Over Contamination Fear

Authorities pulled more bodies from a massive blast site in the Chinese port of Tianjin, pushing the death toll to 112 on Sunday as teams scrambled to clear dangerous chemical contamination.

Untold hundreds of people were injured and 85 firefighters and 10 others are missing since a fire and rapid succession of blasts late Wednesday hit a warehouse for hazardous chemicals in a mostly industrial area of Tianjin 75 miles east of Beijing.

Angry relatives of the missing firefighters stormed a government news conference Saturday to demand any information on their loved ones. The death toll includes at least 21 firefighters—making the disaster the deadliest for Chinese firefighters in more than six decades.

New small explosions continued to rock the locked-down disaster zone over the weekend.

Two state-run Chinese news outlets, The Paper and the Southern Metropolis, reported that the warehouse was storing 700 tons of sodium cyanide—70 times more than it should have been holding at one time, and that authorities were rushing to clean it up.

Sodium cyanide is a toxic chemical that can form a flammable gas upon contact with water.

http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/1722655-more-questions-raised-as-china-blast-zone-blocked-over-contamination-fear/


 No.284

Chinese prosecutors are accusing 11 officials in the Chinese port of Tianjin of negligence over the deadly blasts that erupted from a chemical warehouse there this month.

The huge, fiery explosions killed at least 145 people, according to authorities, and caused severe damage over a wide area.

China's top state prosecution body on Thursday identified 11 officials who it said had failed in their oversight of Ruihai International Logistics, the company that used the warehouse to store and transport dangerous chemicals.

Among the accused are officials from the municipal transportation commission, the port operator, work safety agencies, a local planning administration and the Tianjin customs office, according to the Supreme People's Procuratorate.

Ruihai, the company that city officials say was storing hundreds of tons of toxic chemicals at the warehouse, is also under investigation.

State media reported last week that senior executives of the company were in detention.

On Thursday, China's state-run news agency Xinhua said the number of people from Ruihai detained by police stood at 11, as well as an official from a company that did safety assessments for Ruihai. The detainees are suspected by police of illegally storing dangerous materials, it said.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/27/asia/china-tianjin-blasts/index.html




[Return][Go to top][Catalog][Post a Reply]
[]
[ home / board list / faq / random / create / bans / search / manage / irc ] [ ]