[ home / board list / faq / random / create / bans / search / manage / irc ] [ ]

/truenews/ - True News

REAL NEWS IS BACK

Catalog

See 8chan's new software in development (discuss) (help out)
Advertise on this site
Name
Email
Subject
Comment *
File
* = required field[▶ Show post options & limits]
Confused? See the FAQ.
Options
Password (For file and post deletion.)

Allowed file types:jpg, jpeg, gif, png, webm, mp4
Max filesize is 8 MB.
Max image dimensions are 10000 x 10000.
You may upload 1 per post.


File: 1445481255299.png (188.37 KB, 388x300, 97:75, 1439651349331.png)

 No.119

Another Attempted Land Grab! Feds File Lawsuit Amid Armed Standoff With Montana Militia!

The US government is suing two Montana miners who are backed by a gun-wielding militia, saying the group is illegally blocking a road in Helena National Forest in the western part of the state.

In the lawsuit, filed Tuesday in US District Court in Helena, federal prosecutors say miners George Kornec and Phil Nappo illegally opened a road, cut down trees, built a garage and denied the public the right to access the White Hope mine.

"Currently the gate is closed with no trespassing signs posted and the public and Forest Service are being refused entry by armed persons," prosecutors said in the suit.

Prosecutors and the US Forest Service are asking a judge to declare the miners are acting illegally because they do not have surface land rights to their mining claims.

The miners argue that they indeed have surface rights because Kornec's family held the claim before rules took effect in 1955 that granted those rights to the Forest Service, the Associated Press reported.

Last week, days after the miners met with the Forest Service, more than 20 armed members of the Oath Keepers and other right-wing groups showed up at the defendants' request to serve as a roadblock.

On Tuesday, the day the suit was filed, a spokesman for the armed supporters said they achieved their objective, which was to ensure the miners have their day in court, KTVH reported. The group will remain at the mine, however, until a court date is set, the spokesman said.

As a part of the suit, prosecutors want the judge to issue an order requiring the miners to pay to fix the damage to public land, and for the miners and their armed supporters to stop interfering with public access.

http://sputniknews.com/us/20150814/1025730712.html

 No.120

Fifteen miles outside the town of Lincoln, members of several “constitutionalist” groups including the “Oath Keepers” say they’ve helped prevent a confrontation between several miners and the U.S. Forest Service. The Lincoln County Sheriff contends there was no risk of a confrontation to start with.

Chris McIntire is spokesman for the Idaho three percenters, one of the groups that took part in the armed “security operation” near the White Hope Mine. He says the Forest Service tried to intimidate miners Philip Nappo and George Kornec into giving up their mining claim.

“Stalling techniques, using ignorance of the law, and also sponsoring a media disinformation campaign, is what we would consider strong arm techniques. Those sort of techniques are not to be tolerated, especially from officials who have taken an oath to uphold and defend the constitution of the United States of America.”

The constitutionalists, operating under the banner of the “Pacific Patriots Network”, say they achieved their main objective by forcing the Federal Government to take the two gold miners to court over a disputed mining claim, instead of simply seizing the property and destroying an unauthorized building.

The Oath Keepers and other groups put the word out late last week that they needed help to guard the mine site against “unlawful action” by the Forest Service. McIntire won’t say how many people made the trip to Lincoln to help out, but he says their mere presence spurred the Forest Service to file suit against the miners in Helena Federal court on Tuesday, rather than using force to resolve the matter.

“With our presence here we basically forced the United States Forest Service into a legal discussion, forcing the matter into court. Now, once they’re into court, the miners not only get their due process, but they’re also able to substantiate their claims, both sides are able to provide evidence on why they think it is a lawfully documented private property claim, or if in fact the U.S. Forest Service does in fact have jurisdiction.”

The Forest Service and the U.S. Attorney’s office, which filed the suit, both decline to comment on the matter, because it is pending in the court.

McIntire says the key to resolving the issue was when Lewis and Clark County Sheriff Leo Dutton made a pledge that federal agencies would take no action against the miners until they had had their day in court.

Dutton says he did make such a pledge.

Read more here:

http://oathkeepers.org/oktester/oath-keepers-declare-mission-accomplished-at-lincoln-mine-operation/


 No.121

Fifteen miles outside the town of Lincoln, members of several “constitutionalist” groups including the “Oath Keepers” say they’ve helped prevent a confrontation between several miners and the U.S. Forest Service. The Lincoln County Sheriff contends there was no risk of a confrontation to start with.

Chris McIntire is spokesman for the Idaho three percenters, one of the groups that took part in the armed “security operation” near the White Hope Mine. He says the Forest Service tried to intimidate miners Philip Nappo and George Kornec into giving up their mining claim.

“Stalling techniques, using ignorance of the law, and also sponsoring a media disinformation campaign, is what we would consider strong arm techniques. Those sort of techniques are not to be tolerated, especially from officials who have taken an oath to uphold and defend the constitution of the United States of America.”

The constitutionalists, operating under the banner of the “Pacific Patriots Network”, say they achieved their main objective by forcing the Federal Government to take the two gold miners to court over a disputed mining claim, instead of simply seizing the property and destroying an unauthorized building.

The Oath Keepers and other groups put the word out late last week that they needed help to guard the mine site against “unlawful action” by the Forest Service. McIntire won’t say how many people made the trip to Lincoln to help out, but he says their mere presence spurred the Forest Service to file suit against the miners in Helena Federal court on Tuesday, rather than using force to resolve the matter.

“With our presence here we basically forced the United States Forest Service into a legal discussion, forcing the matter into court. Now, once they’re into court, the miners not only get their due process, but they’re also able to substantiate their claims, both sides are able to provide evidence on why they think it is a lawfully documented private property claim, or if in fact the U.S. Forest Service does in fact have jurisdiction.”

The Forest Service and the U.S. Attorney’s office, which filed the suit, both decline to comment on the matter, because it is pending in the court.

McIntire says the key to resolving the issue was when Lewis and Clark County Sheriff Leo Dutton made a pledge that federal agencies would take no action against the miners until they had had their day in court.

Dutton says he did make such a pledge.

Read more here:

http://oathkeepers.org/oktester/oath-keepers-declare-mission-accomplished-at-lincoln-mine-operation/




[Return][Go to top][Catalog][Post a Reply]
[]
[ home / board list / faq / random / create / bans / search / manage / irc ] [ ]