[ / / / / / / / / / ] [ dir / asmr / hwndu / hypno / newbrit / polk / polmeta / vore / x ]

/ttgg/ - TellTale Games

Discussion of Telltale Games

Catalog

Name
Email
Subject
Comment *
File
* = required field[▶ Show post options & limits]
Confused? See the FAQ.
Embed
(replaces files and can be used instead)
Options
Password (For file and post deletion.)

Allowed file types:jpg, jpeg, gif, png, webm, mp4
Max filesize is 12 MB.
Max image dimensions are 10000 x 10000.
You may upload 1 per post.


Steam group

File: 664c5e2efa051b4⋯.jpg (320.97 KB, 1920x1080, 16:9, C6f7kIeVMAEpjip.jpg)

 No.35915

Guaranteed Flop Edition

Previous Thread: >>35377

Previously on Telltale Games General…

>clem_is_awesome's diary, page 72

>TWDG is getting so bad it's only logical to abandon it even if you love Clem

>Anons discuss how Kenny's death could've been better in season 3

>Anons discuss season 1 in comparison to later seasons

>How you set yourself up for the biggest disappointment of your life

>Anons discuss Clementine's characterization

>The fall of TWDG is comparable to the fall of the Halo series

>Season 3 lead writer leaves telltale

>Job Stauffer says he's gonna do an AMA on the telltale forums, he doesn't do it until about a week later

>Steam ratings for season 3 keep dropping

>What color is Clementine's hat

>Season 3 Clem is completely unrecognizable besides her appearance

>First fanart of Javier ever

>Cut content

>We want our 4chan anons back

>Telltale loses three of it's best people

>Anons discuss why telltale skipped Clementine's story this season

>S3 Clem mod available for Left 4 Dead 2

>Anons continue to prove their love for Clementine?

Things to discuss… New questions are marked by an asterisk

>How does GOTG look?*

>Will you play GOTG?* (lol)

>Did episode 3 of season 3 get delayed because of rewrites or GOTG?*

>Is there any hope for the rest of season 3 being good?*

>Is there any hope for GOTG being good?*

Thread Theme Question…

>Is there any hope for telltale?

Polls… Also post polls for questions you want to see

>http://www.strawpoll.me/11956614 What future game are you most excited for?

>http://www.strawpoll.me/11939922 Eleanor is…

>http://www.strawpoll.me/11939936 What did you think of Jane and her suicide?

>http://www.strawpoll.me/11956619 Do you like season 3 Clementine?

>http://www.strawpoll.me/11956625 Which Clementine is the best?

IRC:

>Server

irc.rizon.net

>Channel

#ttgg

RP:

>http://rpol.net/game.cgi?gi=61078&date=1409037977

Steam group:

>http://steamcommunity.com/groups/telltalegamesgeneral

 No.35917

picture of this thread is gay as fuck


 No.35918

I suppose I should provide a link to telltale's tweet showing their GOTG game

https://twitter.com/telltalegames/status/839916903564922881


 No.35919

>How does GOTG look?*

Very pretty.

>Will you play GOTG?* (lol)

Probably not, even if it wasn't a telltale product, I'm generally not that into capeshit. Then again, I didn't think I'd play Borderlands either and it's pretty much my favorite telltale game now, so who knows.

>Did episode 3 of season 3 get delayed because of rewrites or GOTG?*

whynotboth.jpg

>Is there any hope for the rest of season 3 being good?*

Nah. I think that ship has sailed.

>Is there any hope for GOTG being good?*

Sure.

>Is there any hope for telltale?

As long as they stay open there's hope. But it doesn't seem like the hope is very grounded in reality these days.


 No.35920

File: 43a621cd69977fd⋯.png (54.93 KB, 631x612, 631:612, ss (2017-03-09 at 03.37.27….png)

>How does GOTG look?*

Like playdough garbage, I was expecting it to look good considering that they sacrificed S3 for it.

>Will you play GOTG?* (lol)

No, I don't think I'll ever touch another video game after ANF is finished.

>Did episode 3 of season 3 get delayed because of rewrites or GOTG?*

Both, must mostly because of Guardians

>Is there any hope for the rest of season 3 being good?*

Not at all, as long as the game is in Javier's control the game will never be good.

>Is there any hope for GOTG being good?*

Doubt it, shit's full of freelancers


 No.35921

File: ae6c72b98a048da⋯.png (38.4 KB, 658x579, 658:579, ss (2017-03-10 at 08.55.49….png)

New Glassdoor review


 No.35922

File: c7ae68dd7884e4b⋯.png (121.67 KB, 714x807, 238:269, ss (2017-03-10 at 11.26.55….png)

I made a Bingo board for today's PAX panel, what should I change?


 No.35923

>>35922

kek, it's pretty good. Though I honestly doubt they'l talk about ANF much. Maybe a screenshot and a release date at a very end.


 No.35924

File: 2903a302919ffba⋯.jpg (39.66 KB, 453x942, 151:314, ss (2017-03-10 at 07.22.20….jpg)

Who is this badass looking motherfucker?, looks like some sort of doctor or scientist.


 No.35925

YouTube embed. Click thumbnail to play.

 No.35926

File: bf8035c89d1fb15⋯.gif (720.86 KB, 446x251, 446:251, 1485922075007.gif)

>>35925

>TTG just tacked on Clementine's plot thread like some afterthought, "Oh yeah btw preorder this and you'll get this DLC"


 No.35927

File: 98c291c421bd1fa⋯.jpg (108.32 KB, 1200x675, 16:9, C6mxUyOU4AAHaD8.jpg)

>>35924

100% doctor. He's smartly dressed unlike the rest of the NF crew. There's also this concept art of a clinic so yeah.


 No.35928

>>35925

So I guess they killed AJ because of his 'tism.


 No.35929

>>35927

Where did you get this


 No.35930

File: 7dd72917df783e3⋯.jpg (193.41 KB, 1920x1080, 16:9, Control_Room_1920x1080.jpg)

>>35929

nvm just found it and more


 No.35931

>>35929

I know you know now but for those interested I found it on the website under 'concept art'.


 No.35932

File: ea2aff1cda9df22⋯.png (422.49 KB, 704x556, 176:139, 1389375390052.png)

>tfw enthusiasm for the game is so low nobody is talking about the trailer


 No.35933

>>35932

thanks Telltale


 No.35934

>>35933

I have a feeling that even when the episode comes out, it's still going to be this dead.


 No.35935

>>35932

i remember running home from school so i could watch trailers/teasers/screenshots because of how excited i was, then i could sit on the computer for daaaaays talkin about it. good times….


 No.35936

>>35932

It's hard to get excited about something that doesn't deserve it.


 No.35937

File: d0ed77b824ab40a⋯.png (98.95 KB, 464x1704, 58:213, lol.png)

Needs an updated version for ANF


 No.35938

File: 5c1c5f1b0a8a94a⋯.png (10.98 KB, 192x110, 96:55, demo-1.png)

>hear season 3 episodes are released

>see an ad on 8ch about a board to discuss the games

>am curious, go there

>find a bunch of people who are shitting on telltale

>End up liking these people enough that i stayed for over 10 threads

>get bored of the board half-way thru the 103rd thread

>leave

>return months later, again out of curiosity

>its stuck on thread 104 with only a few posts

Damn.

>>35915

>Is there any hope for telltale?

I don't see any.

>How does GOTG look?

Okay.

>Will you play GOTG?

Probably not.

>Did episode 3 of season 3 get delayed because of rewrites or GOTG?

Both.

>Is there any hope for the rest of season 3 being good?

Only a slimmer of hope.

>Is there any hope for GOTG being good?

Yeah.


 No.35939

File: 31e6a0c217b9d88⋯.png (636.8 KB, 500x271, 500:271, falling snow.png)

>>35938

Animated PNG's? You seem familiar, so welcome back I suppose.

This place is mostly dead as news of The Walking Dead is few and far between as Telltale keeps trying to push its Marvel/DC games.


 No.35940

>>35938

This is what happens when telltale not only takes forever to put out new episodes, but the episodes we already have are shit, and so the game is so bad nobody wants to talk about the new trailer. Nice to see you come back though.


 No.35941

>>35938

This place is dead, but honestly, EVERYWHERE is. This place is dead, the official forms get maybe a couple posts a day and they're all shitting on telltale, OTWDF is officially dust. It went weeks without a single post. Reddit gets maybe a post a day. There aint shit on twitter. The only alive and breathing walking dead place is that big discord chat.


 No.35942

>>35940

>the episodes we already have are shit

They're not just shit, they're absolute fucking garbage, the worst dogshit Telltale has ever shit out.


 No.35943

File: 343893f9f3be287⋯.png (1.86 MB, 320x224, 10:7, 1416843901174.png)

>>35939

>>35940

>>35941

>This place is dead, the official forms get maybe a couple posts a day and they're all shitting on telltale, OTWDF is officially dust. It went weeks without a single post. Reddit gets maybe a post a day. There aint shit on twitter. The only alive and breathing walking dead place is that big discord chat.

Damn, Telltale really did fuck up hard when even the most dedicated places are barely moving despite the new game being made.

I hope good things start happening so that the discussion can pick up again. You are good anons and it would be a damn shame if all that dedication just fizzled out like this.

If Telltale doesn't do anything to fix their stuff i hope that they crash and burn. Its already painful enough what they are doing with S3, just let it end.


 No.35944

Well, i guess the only thing left to do is fill up the porn thread so that its all complete, since there is nothing to talk about ;).


 No.35945

File: ecfa423a1df87ef⋯.jpg (259.51 KB, 1497x1500, 499:500, delete that.jpg)

>>35944

I refuse to stoop so low as to taint this sacred ground with filth.


 No.35946

>>35945

But i just want the S3 nudes!


 No.35947

>>35945

Well, what about kenny porn? Don't you want your husbando to pleasure you?


 No.35948

>>35947

There's barely any out there.


 No.35949

>>35947

>Don't you want your husbando to pleasure you?

No, I want to pleasure him.

>>35948

This is true. And it's criminal.


 No.35950

waiting 13 more days for this garbage is making me lose my shit


 No.35951

I found a playtester who finished Episode 3.

The achievements say 70 minutes but there's no way to know how long the first achievement took to unlock so the episode is probably 75-85 minutes long.


 No.35952

File: cf554b1479cc756⋯.png (223.55 KB, 456x420, 38:35, Untitled.png)

>>35945

Tonight we fall, into the hands of gods…


 No.35953

>>35951

god strike me down now


 No.35954

>>35951

Yeah, like I know for sure that the first acheivement in ANF isn't until you reach the Junkyard so you have to go through the MAMA NO YAYA PIPOS AWAKE aswell as the lmao weed scenes before you get it. I'm not sure how long those are, probably about 10 mins so the likelihood is the ep is about 80 mins… lame.

>>>35952

You know, I used to find this stuff disturbing. I remember someone spammed Croix's lingerie clem pics on the official forums and it shocked me forever. Now I can't get enough. I've become so corrupted…


 No.35956

Kevin Bruner steps down

https://telltale.com/community/discussion/113079/kevin-bruner-steps-back-as-ceo-of-telltale-games

Have I ever been wrong about any of my predictions about this company?

Next up is massive layoffs by the end of the year or beginning of next year.


 No.35957

File: 1d1862fbd5dd35c⋯.png (2 MB, 1920x1006, 960:503, Hope.png)

>>35955

Wait, what.

This is a good thing right?


 No.35958

>>35957

Sorry I deleted the post to add more stuff.

I don't think it's really that good at this point because too much damage has already been done and Dan Connors is taking over and he's also a fucking idiot.


 No.35959

>>35958

>Dan Connors is taking over and he's also a fucking idiot

So nothings gonna change, great.


 No.35960

Looking at glassdoor reviews, this is a good thing. Dan Connors unfortunately isn't much better though.


 No.35961

>>35956

Hopefully things will start to turn around now, though it might be too late for this to affect season 3 in a good, or any way.


 No.35963

>>35961

Who knows what any of this is all about.

In 2015 Dan Connors stepped down because of "growing pains"

in 2017 Kevin Bruner is stepping down because of the same shit and putting Dan Connors back into the same place.

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/233989/Kevin_Bruner_takes_Telltale_CEO_reins_as_Dan_Connors_steps_back.php


 No.35964

File: 39671aacaa4d6da⋯.png (1.03 MB, 1290x1346, 645:673, janefaggots.png)

I need more anti-janefags pics like this one. I know there used to be some pretty good and irrefutable ones. Marc I'm sure you must have saved some of them.


 No.35965

File: a42e08079eb53e5⋯.jpg (65.05 KB, 607x569, 607:569, a42e08079eb53e5c4b6901b5cf….jpg)

I'm still angry about how they introduced Carver just for him to fall so easily so soon. He had a great introduction but he was rushed, fell too soon and i hate how EVERYONE who followed him had next to no character development, especially the 400 Days characters.

I also find it very stupid that he would go so much out of his way just to get some pregnant black chick and for no good reason wants to force everyone else he finds to go along with him. HE EVEN BROUGHT A TRUCK ALONG JUST TO TRANSPORT THESE PEOPLE THAT WANT HIM DEAD.

For someone who is built up to be a smart survivor who knows people will eventually cross each other, i just don't get why he would bring so many people that were against him to his place. He eventually ended up having more people that wanted him dead then those that were on his side, its so stupid.

He also had some really unnecessary cartoony villain moments. It would have been better if they didn't make him out to be SUCH an asshole.

Its a shame really, he had some really good moments. That scene in the cabin between him and Clementine was pretty great.


 No.35966

>>35965

I also want to point out its very retarded to waste so many resources including fuel while also trying to drive around a truck AND capture some people that might be deep into the woods when these people will give you no real benefit and might just kill you.


 No.35967

File: 2408b4be8e7b32b⋯.png (33.85 KB, 891x432, 33:16, ss (2017-03-17 at 04.42.58….png)

>>35965

Everything about S2 was such a waste.

This gets forgotten because of how bad S3 is.


 No.35968

File: 92a50e647a50b22⋯.png (64.76 KB, 349x642, 349:642, janefags2.png)

Someone please, I need to fill my janefags folder


 No.35969

File: 8b9c41f817ee936⋯.jpg (102.44 KB, 1366x768, 683:384, 4ed8d5dd2ead8f13be93d88b84….jpg)

>>35967

Lets not forget how they planned a showdown between Luke and Kenny, and even tho they didn't develop the dislike between them well enough(or Luke himself), it would have still been much better and at least kinda difficult choice between those two.

Instead, we get a forced showdown between Jane and Kenny which doesn't make sense. Jane already had unlikable things to her but she wasn't really all bad but the 5th episode shits all over that by making her act all angry and retarded against Kenny and even leave the baby in a car just to prove some dumb point. It was all forced and out of character for Jane to do something like that.

I don't get why they just didn't go with Luke vs Kenny, it was obvious that was the original plan.


 No.35970

>S3 Clementine model is ready

It's only a matter of time, now.


 No.35971

>>35965

>>35969

My vote for worse bullshit still goes to "LET'S WALK IN A STRAIGHT (def. extending or moving uniformly in one direction only; without a curve or bend) LINE ACROSS THIS FROZEN LAKE.


 No.35972

File: ea01778f1f8f1f9⋯.jpg (254.07 KB, 1920x1080, 16:9, 20170315021533_1.jpg)

>>35967

Not for me.

I haven't even made it to Season 3 yet. I'm still stuck on how fucking bad they messed up Season 2. This is why you have someone overlooking the entire thing and have a solid plan of how and what is going to happen from start to finish. They rewrote so much shit halfway through that anything coherent just gets lost in the shuffle.

ANF is dogshit but it never had a chance in the first place of being a good game with Javier as the lead.

> I don't get why they just didn't go with Luke vs Kenny, it was obvious that was the original plan

It doesn't make too much sense though. I mean, as pathetic as it is now, a reminder that on release 75% people shot Kenny. That was with Jane, a character that many people had a problem with. Had it been Kenny vs Luke, it would have gone into the 90% number no doubt.

I also can't really see Luke attacking Kenny. Despite one or two arguments, they really didn't have that much of a problem with each other. They were on somewhat friendly terms by ep5 anyway. Fuck rewrites, fuck the 'planning' of that season and fuck Vanaman for leaving S2 to die.


 No.35973

>>35972

>>35969

meant to tag ^ too


 No.35974

EP3 leaked to some people on Xbox one. He's the first few minutes of the episode

https://vid.me/reCg

It's total garbage


 No.35975

>>35974

Let me correct that, this is AFTER the first achievement is unlocked.


 No.35976

File: b48f4104e414632⋯.png (34.68 KB, 929x398, 929:398, The Kenny Situation.png)

>>35964

Sorry, I woke up late and was busy today. I lost all my images when I lost my old laptop a few years ago. I've been trying to recover my images but I haven't been able to find them all. I'll have to see what I have to repost.

>>35975

So it looks like it only takes a few minutes to get the first achievement. This episode's an hour long.


 No.35977

Some spoilery detail about TNF *apparently there are four leaders of the New Frontier*


 No.35978

File: 8c2da34fa7be264⋯.gif (2.79 MB, 294x352, 147:176, 8c2da34fa7be264d707cb28fda….gif)

>>35970

Its ready? Got a link to it or something?

>>35972

>That was with Jane, a character that many people had a problem with

Heres the thing tho, no one, including myself or you, could have known what Jane really did the first time around. That 75% number is there because, altho Jane had problems, you could point to Kenny and see some problems and potential issues. Not only that, but Kenny left a bad taste for many back in S1 because he did stupid shit and would shit on Lee too much if he didn't decide to kill Larry.

Now of course, you could explain some of Kennys problems but they are still there and the fact that the game was hinting that Kenny might go insane was what probably made a lot of people side with the colder Jane, yet at least a decent amount went with Clem going off alone after seeing what Jane did and many others, including myself, that went with Jane even after seeing what she did have said they went with her just because it didn't make sense to have Clem survive alone, even if she had to stick with Jane.

>I also can't really see Luke attacking Kenny

True, which is what i meant when i said that their rivalry was poorly developed.

Thing is, the sole reason the Kenny vs Luke thing would have been better was because they were clearly hinting that Kenny is seriously starting to lose it and Luke would have been a counter to that. It would have also made more sense then the incredibly forced Jane vs Kenny fight.

I don't care about the %, i care about the logic.


 No.35979

>>35977

Post all the spoilers you have my dude. I want to kill every last shred of optimism which might still be lingering deep in my subconsciousness.


 No.35980

>>35974

>Timeskip so we don't even see the first interaction between David and his family

Jesus fucking christ.


 No.35981

File: 715b04c9a9470ac⋯.png (36.85 KB, 879x396, 293:132, ss (2017-03-17 at 09.34.18….png)

>>35979

Here's all he said.

He's 2 chapters into the episode and Clem is nowhere to be seen yet.


 No.35982

File: 90b11a1fdc65482⋯.png (16.37 KB, 874x163, 874:163, ss (2017-03-17 at 09.35.49….png)


 No.35983

File: ac3bc524e09cd17⋯.png (1.15 MB, 1024x1024, 1:1, ac3bc524e09cd1715138bfb3e9….png)

>>35978

Actually, nvm, now that i think about it, both Kenny vs Luke and vs Jane is retarded for similar reasons, with vs Luke maybe being slightly better.

Still, that promotional image with Luke and his AK vs Kenny and his crowbar and Clem in the middle still looks pretty cool.


 No.35984

File: e1fd86bf8bcff5d⋯.png (4.19 KB, 388x98, 194:49, ss (2017-03-17 at 09.36.28….png)

>>35982

Clem just showed up


 No.35985

File: 8a9fd2a340729b2⋯.jpg (87.45 KB, 574x852, 287:426, ss (2017-03-17 at 09.37.36….jpg)

Writers


 No.35986

>>35984

Never thought I'd say this but, Fuck off, Clem.


 No.35987

>>35981

>>35982

>>35984

>OP can barely into English

Never mind, no need to torture yourself. Thanks for the effort though.


 No.35988

>>35986

Oh, not you, clem_is_awesome. Edge Clem.


 No.35989

File: 0aa5adc368f9bee⋯.jpg (135.22 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, 20170301052115_1.jpg)

>>35978

I pretty much agree with what you say there, although I would counter with the fact that just because Kenny treated Lee badly to some that's not an excuse to be a dick to him as Clementine. Sure, the player is still the same but the relationship is and should be completely different.

>Thing is, the sole reason the Kenny vs Luke thing would have been better was because they were clearly hinting that Kenny is seriously starting to lose it and Luke would have been a counter to that.

Yeah but my point is that Luke had 0 flaws except one (fucking Jane near the end of ep4) Literally nobody would choose Kenny (I did in S2, but if it was Luke then even though I love the boatmaster there's no way I could choose him over Luke).

>It would have also made more sense then the incredibly forced Jane vs Kenny fight.

Definitely. I just think that the way the game was written there was too much stacked against Kenny and no real reason to pick him over Luke. TWD is supposed to be about tough choices, but that really isn't one.


 No.35990

>>35981

>>35982

>he is revealing the episode has been leaked before finishing it

>risks having it removed before he is done

>doesn't google a way to record stuff and instead asks reddit for answers


 No.35991

>>35990

mundys are always the ones blessed with leaked shit like this


 No.35992

>>35991

why the fuck is "n-ormies" filtered


 No.35993

>>35991

>mundys

Clinically retarded in this case.


 No.35994

>>35992

It's meant to be a reference to TWAU. Mundies is the phrase used to describe normal people in Fables, hence the filter.


 No.35995

>>35984

Wow, so edgy and badass! She can cuss too you guys! That's how you know she's really hardcore!


 No.35996

File: 16334f7483486e9⋯.jpg (145.07 KB, 1357x761, 1357:761, 16334f7483486e928747653ef9….jpg)

>>35989

>the relationship is and should be completely different

True but still, people remember and i have no doubt that influenced them.

>I just think that the way the game was written there was too much stacked against Kenny and no real reason to pick him over Luke. TWD is supposed to be about tough choices, but that really isn't one.

You're completely right, i guess it could be said that TT once again had an idea but didn't develop the characters properly for it to work. At all.

>Luke had 0 flaws except one (fucking Jane near the end of ep4)

>Not wanting to bang some crazy after all you've been thru

C'mon now.


 No.35997

File: 04564a24cae91ae⋯.jpg (25.44 KB, 640x360, 16:9, Rule 63 Clementine.jpg)

>>35984

Literally DmC Dante


 No.35998

>>35989

>Luke had 0 flaws

Not true. Luke was an incompetent pussy, he literally failed at preforming every task he was given. On top of that he was boring as hell.


 No.35999

File: 5b9f48868dbf6b3⋯.jpg (33.92 KB, 528x163, 528:163, ss (2017-03-15 at 01.56.49….jpg)

Episode is 75 minutes long, probably even less


 No.36000

>>35996

Haha, well I was struggling to see a flaw and I just brought that up cuz it was on my mind.

>>>35998

I mean yeah but he's hard to 'hate'. Dislike maybe but point being is that for the most importance choice of the season, Kenny had far more shit stacked against him than Luke did making it a pretty one sided choice

>>>35984

I wanna fucking die. This is not the Clem I raised up and this edgy bullshit is so completely against her character for me… ugh.


 No.36001

>>36000

>cuz it was on my mind

Banging Jane was on your mind? ;)


 No.36002

File: c7cf660bebf5ebc⋯.jpg (231.27 KB, 1920x1080, 16:9, wyattsmile.jpg)


 No.36003

File: ccd355a20ee32cb⋯.png (19.89 KB, 900x181, 900:181, ss (2017-03-17 at 11.08.17….png)

WOW, ABSOLUTELY MIND BLOWN ABOUT HOW RETARDED THIS SEASON IS

THIS IS THE FLASHBACK IN THE EPISODE AND THE REASON CLEM WAS KICKED OUT OF THE GROUP


 No.36004

>>36003

What the absolute fuck?! They argue that AJ can't saved, and yet they decide to keep him?! For what purpose? Why don't they just kill him if he can't be saved?

Post last edited at

 No.36005

VERIFY CACHE ON STEAM AND IT'LL START DOWNLOADING


 No.36006

File: 890172186d358ec⋯.png (250.97 KB, 1920x1040, 24:13, Steam_2017-03-18_03-27-20.png)

>>36005

It might be a false alarm but some people are actually downloading something.


 No.36007

More footage with Edgy Clem at the end

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7BvGBbgWKE


 No.36008

>>36007

Is it bad I want her dead?


 No.36009

I just watched an entire playthrough, Clem's in the episode for only like 10 minutes.


 No.36010

>>36007

I guess one thing I can say that's positive is that I'm glad they didn't give you the choice of whether or not to kill Badger. I'm glad he dies no matter what.

>>36008

I wouldn't say so, but I do feel bad for sharing your feelings.

>>36009

Maybe that's a good thing considering how unlikable she is.


 No.36011

>>36009

Probably for the best, since they don't understand her character at all.

Mind giving me a quick rundown? I'm not sure if want to bother youtube-ing it.


 No.36012

>>36011

>Shitty flashback with Javier, Kate and the kids at the beginning of the apocalypse

>Everybody gets taken in to a quarantine room

>Javier gets taken by David to go see Kate and the doctor

>Javier gets taken by David to go see the other leaders of TNF and see what they have to say about Javier

>Javier gets kicked out with Tripp and Jesus, David leaves them a bag of supplies with a map on it about where to meet up

>They're walking to the "Slaughterhouse" which got rewritten and is now a "Factory" with no walkers in it

>Clem shows up and saves Javier and there's a shitty flashback

>[Hug Clem]

>Badger, Max and Lonnie are in the factory

>There's a lot of loot they've taken from communities they've raided

>Kill Badger

>Kill Max or Take him with you

>Jesus finally takes off

>Go back to TNF to get Kate/Gabe/Eleanor and AJ

>Clem disappears

>Get Kate/Gabe and they get dropped off at David's place

>Javier goes see David and the other leaders

>stupid bullshit about MUH GASOLINE, MUH PUDDING, MUH SUPPLIES, MUH COMMUNITIES happens and the episode ends

It's probably worse than ep1 and 2, or I dunno maybe they're all equally garbage


 No.36013

Even The New Frontier are boring as fuck. The leaders are shit and fucking stupid, there's really no meaning behind their name, the branding is basically fucking nothing.


 No.36014

>>36012

Thanks. Sounds gull as fuck.


 No.36015

>>36011

>I'm not sure if want to bother youtube-ing it.

Same. This is the first Telltale game where I prefer to read about what happens rather than seeing it for myself. Even with Minecraft and GOT I could bear to watch playthroughs of them on Youtube.

>>36012

So there's no season 1 flashback?


 No.36016

>>36015

no season 1 flashback, and that's good I guess, I don't want these fucking hacks ruining the pristine vision that I have of that masterpiece

Here's the playthrough

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZRxjHpHF0I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrbRMX7qhrU


 No.36017

>>36016

Thank christ. I'd normally complain about rewrites, but in this case it's a good thing they didn't give us a disgusting season 1 Clem model swearing up a storm.


 No.36018

Hey at least Clem didn't manage to piss me off this episode.

or maybe she did and I already forgot.


 No.36019

I watched the playthrough, it's actually pretty okay. I know people are really sore about Clementine's character and story, I am too. This season would have been better off if they hadn't introduced her, but overall, this was a fairly solid episode. The story at the very least is put together, unlike with season 2, I half expected them to just go with the idea that Richmond got massacred over some gas and two cups of pudding at this point, glad there is more to it. And unlike in the first two episodes, the characters got to talk about themselves a bit. The villain is appropriately smug and unlikable, without falling into the same Darwinist bullshit we see in TWD over and over again. I can't be sure yet, but it does seem like there are several different ways the story can play out. Hell, even Clem's bit was okay, probably because it was short as fuck. She was more Kenny 2.0 in this one than Jane 2.0, which I appreciate more, and they toned down her language. Jesus is the worst part. First of all because you can't fuck him, and second because he's completely pointless.


 No.36020

>>36019

>glad there is more to it

what more is there to it?, they were still butthurt over the gas and it turns out they just like to raid communities just to take everything.

And somehow this went behind David's back for months/years unnoticed?


 No.36021

>>36020

>and it turns out they just like to raid communities just to take everything

Yeah, that. I honestly, truly thought that bullshit was happening because of the pudding. Can you really blame me? It's telltale writing. The fact that the new frontier are raiders behind the mask of a relatively normal community is a relief. And that fact that not everyone is in the know makes it more interesting.

I don't see why it would be so impossible to keep from David. It's a very large community, and he's in charge of security, not scouting or expansion. And it's not as if they were suddenly turning up with a bunch of shit. They had a storage space, I imagine they brought things at a slow, but steady space under the guise of scavenging.


 No.36022

>>36019

>and they toned down her language

If that's true I'm surprised they did since everybody loves Edgy McSwearface.


 No.36023

File: 0d4938ff4ac333b⋯.jpg (98.82 KB, 1277x715, 1277:715, ss (2017-03-18 at 03.08.32….jpg)

Also, one small detail for the Janefags, Clem considers Kenny a friend and justified what he did to Carver. She says this on all S2 endings.


 No.36024

Can anybody confirm that "Clementine" is in the episode longer if you chose to hand her over to The New Frontier?


 No.36025

My thoughts on episode 3, if anybody cares:

I liked it. It wasn't amazing, but it's not anywhere near as awful as episode 1 and 2 were and I think that cynicism is still being carried over which is a shame since this episode is EASILY better than the latter half of S2. The intro was pretty damn good. Though we still don't find out what happened to Hector…probably next episode.

There's a lot more focus on character development here, particularly with Tripp/David/Kate. Tripp actually acts like a human being and not a robot made to follow Javier's every command. He gets angry at times but also has his moments. Kate becomes… kind of weird and forceful this episode but it's better than 'dude lmao weed'. Thankfully they got rid of the whole 'Brother vs Brother' predictable bullshit and are going with something different with David which is good. Badger dies, Max is determinant. He'll probably die in the next episode right in the beginning. Jesus leaves, which is good because his inclusion was pointless and purely for fanservice. Ava seems cool so far. Gabe is still annoying but we barely see him so that's another positive.

I thought the ending to this episode was pretty stilted. Tries to be climatic but…it doesn't really work. That said, I am at least interested enough to see where the story goes.

Clem's playtime is still a big problem unfortunately. There isn't nearly enough time we get to play her which is pretty bad.

That said, her scene was genuinely quite good. The AJ scene made me teary eyed. Everyone she knows is dead, AJ is the last thing she has and you can see why that's affected her character. Kind of bullshit explanation but they did cool down on her obnoxious swearing, though you can still play edgeclem.

tl;dr It's a good episode on it's own merits. It still has problems but it literally spends most of the episode solving the past two episodes problems but does so pretty well. If you don't give a shit about Javier/family dynamic then you're gonna be disappointed.


 No.36026

>>36019

>>36025

So I guess the episode's not too bad then. I might check it out now since I trust you guys.


 No.36027

>>36026

It's only a little bit better than 1 and 2 but it's still a bad episode.

Even worse when you consider it took 4 months to make and we're 60% into the season already.


 No.36028

>>36026

It's worth playing it for yourself. I honestly though it would be complete garbage but I suprisingly enjoyed it and didn't expect to.


 No.36029

>>36028

I guess the rewrites were worth it.

Hope the rest of the season can be good so it can maybe be worth our time.


 No.36030

From what i've heard episode three is decent.

Kinda sad that Clementine still has such a minor role.


 No.36031

I'm feeling weird, I feel somewhat empty after playing EP3. They made me care about AJ and Clem and now all I want is to play as Clem and take care of each other but I know that won't happen for the rest of the season, so I'm basically in the mindset that I am now waiting for Season 4 instead of the rest of ANF.


 No.36032

File: 22275c875cbe998⋯.jpg (142.42 KB, 1920x1080, 16:9, 20170310194807_1.jpg)

Yeah. While I think episode 3 in of itself is pretty good I still would have prefered a season playing as Clementine. The new writers are kind of stuck now. They can't exactly just throw Javier away and 'begin' Clem's journey half way through ANF.

Clementine still wants a vehicle (for whatever reason) so it's likely that she'll get it then leave Javier at Richmond. To me it seems like they're setting up Clementine being the protagonist again for the next season.


 No.36033

File: 830bba5300261cd⋯.jpg (293.51 KB, 1280x1907, 1280:1907, 4daf913cba46e790530d4db20c….jpg)

Man, I'm glad I didn't get Season 3 at this point.

Such a disappointment.


 No.36034

Would you guys say episode 3 feels like telltale listened to the criticisms people had about season 3 so far?


 No.36035

>>36034

not at all


 No.36036

>>36034

They listened to some but not enough.

>People wanted more clem, they didn't listen. >People wanted longer episodes, they didnt listen.

>People wanted equal 50/50 between javier and clem, they didn't listen.

>There are SO MANY CRINGE lines.

>Some plot holes.

> Jesus was nothing but fanservice. the ending was atrocious, just awful.

>Theyre still reusing old tracks from s2. I only heard 2 new soundtracks which is disappointing because im a slut for new music.

—–

>Though, the pacing is a lot better,

> dlog choices are better (as in, they branch out more.)

> I can see more of (past)clem in this episode than the previous.

> there are a LOT more determinate scenes.

> i didnt see any choices that resembled [glass him] so they took note of that. Though there are so many different dlog choices and branches i havent seen all of them yet.

To me, the episodes *felt* long. Though i did watch it over a course of two days, that might have something to do with it, but it felt long(er) than the first two.

Overall, i dont think the episode was special or fantastic. My expectations were at ground zero for this, but compared to the first 2 episodes, it was a lot better. I wouldnt rate it a 8/10. I guess I could say the first two episodes were unbearable. This episode is nothing like season 1 but it was enjoyable.


 No.36037

>>36034

I think they did, but the lack of Clementine is still a big problem.


 No.36038

https://twitter.com/ComicBookGuy708/status/843607396085850113

If you spit at David, Clem will literally go into T-pose at the end.


 No.36039

>>36038

I don't see it m8.


 No.36040

>>36039

Last second as it fades out. You can't see her entire body, but it's pretty obvious from what you can see.


 No.36041

>>36040

Not the same anon but, shit, you're right.


 No.36043

>>36040

>>36041

I think she's just being violently yanked forward.


 No.36044

>>36043

That's how I see it too.


 No.36045

>>36043

>>36044

It actually does kinda look like she goes into the T pose.


 No.36046

File: b4d63bbfba35989⋯.png (7.92 MB, 1920x1080, 16:9, madmax4.png)

Trying to do mad max crossover in sfm. But i think it's look not good.


 No.36047

>>36046

Keep trying, it has potential so if you keep at it I'm sure you can make it look good.


 No.36048

File: 77259199176497e⋯.jpg (425.62 KB, 1067x863, 1067:863, clemholyshit5.jpg)

>>36047

Oh god. I'm forgot about twd prop pack. Alright. Now i'm know what else need.


 No.36049

File: 9e129bc2e11c796⋯.jpg (161.34 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, 20170301054254_1.jpg)

>>36046

That's pretty cool!

now let us see the front…


 No.36050

File: a968fc1161570a8⋯.jpeg (20.63 KB, 175x187, 175:187, angry lee.jpeg)


 No.36051

File: bae2f46f42fb9c1⋯.jpg (220.44 KB, 629x795, 629:795, clemregular44.jpg)

>>36048

Also i'm wanna sfm model of Clem in pajamas.


 No.36052

File: c2b696f06724ddb⋯.jpg (355.81 KB, 675x793, 675:793, clemcomehere1.jpg)

>>36049

>now let us see the front

Nope!


 No.36053

>>36052

>a child

>having anything in the front

I'm curious, does a shirtless torso of a nine year old boy excite you guys as much as that of nine year old girl? If not, how the fuck can you tell the difference?


 No.36054

>>36051

Unless I'm mistaken the model your using has the pajamas, you just need to change the skin group.


 No.36055

File: 9795a509dec159c⋯.jpg (194.68 KB, 419x619, 419:619, clemregular29.jpg)

>>36054

>Unless I'm mistaken the model your using has the pajamas

Nope. Only blood on the body, scar on her cheek, blood on her face, and i guess it's all skin group in model that i'm using. My model does not have pajamas skin.


 No.36056

File: bb32fa734676a15⋯.png (15.29 KB, 945x315, 3:1, ss (2017-03-21 at 02.44.29….png)

Looks like the rest of the game will come out much faster than EP3.


 No.36057

>>36046

So Clem is a supporter of Free The Nipple, or maybe shit's just hot over there.


 No.36058

File: f49bd08b1b6f15b⋯.jpg (155.71 KB, 588x681, 196:227, clemschool3.jpg)

>>36057

This is desert. Of course it's very hot out there.


 No.36059

>>36058

This pic melts my heart

"When we get to somewhere safe, we'll set up a little classroom, just you and me."

"No homework?"

"No homework"


 No.36060

File: 8616c2004233e8b⋯.jpg (58.18 KB, 851x477, 851:477, ss (2017-03-21 at 03.33.03….jpg)

Does she still live by this?


 No.36061

File: 20bb1da9c1d356a⋯.jpg (172.51 KB, 1920x1080, 16:9, 20170310193203_1.jpg)

>>36060

Yes but it dies with AJ

>>36053

it's a joke


 No.36062

File: be93126aea65cdf⋯.jpg (390.57 KB, 1920x1080, 16:9, be93126aea65cdf879cd4a743f….jpg)

>>36053

Only cuz it's Clem and it's tradition.

>>36052

I really want to punch her in the face. What a waste of an excellent model.


 No.36063

All this talk about the SFM pic yesterday made me feel like using SFM again. I'll see if I can muster up the motivation to make something since I already have something in mind.


 No.36064

File: a8b8892542ee46a⋯.webm (10.54 MB, 1280x720, 16:9, clemmadmax.webm)

Finally made this.


 No.36065

File: 14554dc9424b63c⋯.png (7.92 MB, 1920x1080, 16:9, madmax13.png)

>>36064

And here the pic.


 No.36066

>>36064

>>36065

I like the added props, good job.


 No.36067

I wish I knew how to use source filmmaker. I used to fuck around with ragdolls on gmod a ton but I have no idea where to start with SFM.


 No.36068

>>36067

The anon who used to make SFM pics for us all the time wrote a tutorial on how to use SFM a long time ago. I don't remember the link for it, and I'm not gonna look through all our old threads to find it, so I reposted it on Pastebin: http://pastebin.com/R5Bwz8f4


 No.36069

File: 83abcd18d3c28d2⋯.jpg (196.81 KB, 1278x720, 71:40, garbage.jpg)

The key art already dropped.

Literally a copy of the box art.


 No.36070

>>36069

>Jesus

Such a pointless cameo. It's 400 days group tier.


 No.36071

File: 52371dcfe853b5d⋯.jpg (143.97 KB, 1238x588, 619:294, ripped1.jpg)

When i'm changing clementine arm position her clothing get ripped. How fix that?


 No.36072

>>36071

To quote the guide I posted "Right click the model in the ASE, and go to "Add Material Overrides". Then, right click the model again, and click "Show in Element Viewer > Model". This should switch the tab from the ASE to the Element Viewer. If you expand "materials", you'll see all of the materials the model uses. In Clem's case, you can right click "nudebody" (lewd!), "Add Attribute > Float", and name it "$alpha" (its value should be set to 0 by default). What this does is make the texture completely transparent, which should help if her arms are clipping through her sleeves. You can do this with any other VMT parameter."


 No.36073

YouTube embed. Click thumbnail to play.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALxq3rZAIvo

It feels funny watching the new trailer already knowing what happens in the episode.


 No.36074

>>36069

The art does look pretty good.


 No.36075

File: 635522005986cb5⋯.png (904.45 KB, 1024x1024, 1:1, 148890330827489.png)

>>36074

I agree, I really like Clem's poofier hair in the art too. Her hair ingame is much shorter (which makes sense).


 No.36076

>>36075

That's because they're using the model from the E3 teaser rather than the in-game model. That's how it looks to me anyway.


 No.36077

>conrad survives episode 3

I am legitimately surprised.


 No.36078

>>36077

That's actually something I was wondering about. Most people had him killed so they didn't say anything about him when episode 3 leaked.


 No.36079

>>36076

Yeah it's an older model. I wish they left it in for modding purposes.


 No.36080

I miss her…


 No.36081

Conrad can actually die in EP3 or survive the episode. It all depends if you give him a gun or not.

Conrad confirmed for most determinant character up to date.


 No.36082

His death is also really well done, one of my favorite deaths.

https://twitter.com/BetterToSleep/status/845713713000796165

Only bad thing about it is how the walkers pull him back with such strength.


 No.36083

Clem's eyelashes are 2048x2048 textures while everyone else's are 256x256.

They went all out on the Clem model only to have her in 5% of the screentime


 No.36084

>>36083

I sometimes have to wonder what going through the minds of the people at Telltale when I hear about things like this.


 No.36085

>>36083

I think that's a bug, eyelashes probably shouldn't be higher resolution than her face.


 No.36086

File: 0d2e37b432f2d7b⋯.jpg (238.64 KB, 1920x1080, 16:9, 20170310192427_2.jpg)

I hope we get to see hatless Clem at some point in ANF.


 No.36087

I had a Clem dream. It was the best. My day is filled with purpose again.


 No.36088

>>36087

What happened in it?


 No.36089

>>36087

do tell do tell


 No.36090

File: 27b07d26ec5d3c6⋯.png (11.33 KB, 943x193, 943:193, ss (2017-03-27 at 10.36.04….png)

on half-chan's /v/ right now


 No.36091

File: 2173a962ae980a8⋯.jpg (425.98 KB, 1920x1080, 16:9, 20170323043315_2.jpg)

>>36090

>caring about nu /v/'s opinions

no thanks


 No.36092

>>36091

but anon, they hate ANF as well


 No.36093

So I finally decided to check out episode 3, and I can agree that it's better than the first two episodes. For the most part I think it's just okay, not good enough to be enjoyable but not so bad that I hate it. I can agree at least that it's better than season 2's worst episodes. Clementine is in the episode longer than she was in the first two, but she probably has just as much dialogue. The scene after the end of Clementine's flashback did make me feel sad but nowhere near as much as other feelsy moments in the series. But that alone is better than what we've gotten so far, and Clementine's character is better, but I still don't completely approve of her this season. For instance I don't like how she still talks like a loner even if you have a "Kenny" or "Wellington" Clementine. The pacing is a lot better thankfully and the episode is almost 90 minutes, from what I saw anyway, so hopefully they'll keep this up in future episodes. Sadly, in terms of overall quality not just pacing, I think this is the best we're gonna get. The last two episodes are probably gonna be worse than this, but not as bad as the first two hopefully. We should consider ourselves lucky if the last two episodes are better, or even just as "good" as this one.




[Return][Go to top][Catalog][Post a Reply]
Delete Post [ ]
[]
[ / / / / / / / / / ] [ dir / asmr / hwndu / hypno / newbrit / polk / polmeta / vore / x ]