[ / / / / / / / / / / / / / ] [ dir / cyber / fascist / feet / had / india / kind / leftpol / vg ]

/tulpa/ - Tulpa

Brain Demons

Catalog   Archive

Winner of the 45rd Attention-Hungry Games
/s/ - Make 3D Great Again

Name
Email
Subject
Comment *
Verification *
File *
Password (Randomized for file and post deletion; you may also set your own.)
* = required field[▶ Show post options & limits]
Confused? See the FAQ.
Embed
(replaces files and can be used instead)
Options
dicesidesmodifier

Allowed file types:jpg, jpeg, gif, png, webm, mp4
Max filesize is 16 MB.
Max image dimensions are 15000 x 15000.
You may upload 5 per post.


HERE COMES A NEW AGE https://8ch.net/tulpa/rules.html

File: 72c7f4f6757350f⋯.jpg (123.41 KB, 1080x1080, 1:1, 22528812_1553539248025102_….jpg)

 No.15692[Reply]

Updated 4/24/18

Welcome to the new age of /tulpa/. I am Lowlel and will be your new board owner. Things are going to be a little different from back in the day but not too much.

Some notable changes:

New theme

Post IDs are gone for now, may add them back if necessary

Word filters are gone

New banners will be added

Cyclical discussion thread planned

Board logs is now open to the public along with ban logs

I am very hands off in moderation but there will be a few rules:

Keep with the 8chan Global Rules https://8ch.net/faq.html

No Spam

Keep posts related to tulpa or the community

1 post and 1 image reply omitted. Click reply to view.
Post last edited at

 No.16204

File: c972e3314cb4d79⋯.jpg (144.74 KB, 766x1199, 766:1199, tumblr_oxpzn8ErLB1qb1xf7o1….jpg)

The update!

Hello! I hope you're having a wonderful Tuesday. Just popping in to let you all know some board changes formally, albeit super late. Through some drama and shenanigans the /tulpa/ discord has been deleted. I know a lot of people asked me to make a new one but honestly I feel like a discord would just detract from the board activity.

On to our next point, Snack has been removed as a Janitor. I'll be honest this is mostly because he deleted our damn discord but it felt like most people did not trust him as a janitor anyway.




File: fcb729cc4c8c770⋯.jpg (11.3 KB, 261x152, 261:152, meirl.jpg)

 No.17239[Reply]

Just starting out with this, and I figured a thread dedicated to journaling our development would really help! :)

As a bit of background information, I've attempted this a few times as an awkward teen, but never quite had the drive to continue or just got caught up with other things. I think now would be the best time to try ever, as my person is well built and I'm the most stable I ever could be. Right now, I'm going off Tulpa's guide, and I'm writing up a set of characteristics for my tupper, though I'm hardly sure if it's good enough (Please keep in mind I'm just starting this, and I'll update it later!). Here's my list:

- Ethical

- Creative

- Emotional

- Patient

- Expressive

- Empathetic

- Sympathetic

I figure some universal trait categories would be good, with some things that, although may fit into the categories, are there as a safety net to prevent some psychotic meltdown (given I tend to be prone to neurotic ones, I've concluded that this might be for the best). Three main categories come to mind, those being emotional, behavioral, and principle. Emotional deals with the tuppers proneness to certain feelings, such as being irritable or patient, optimistic or pessimistic, and et cetera. Behavioral pertains to actions, an example might be really active responses to negative stimuli, constantly acting against it, as opposed to passive ones, meekly submitting to it. Finally, principle is my safety net, it relates to things the tupper'll value, like honesty, clarity, and et cetera. I'm worried about the ethics of determining the values of another, however, so I'm reconsidering.

The dream is to be able to jam (musically, heccin' pervs) with whatever friend happens to come up.

Also, pic unrelated

6 posts omitted. Click reply to view.

 No.17280

>>17271

>It's really uncomfortable and I don't like it

Your tulpa knows all your desires. Stop refusing and give in. I am 100% not memeing you.


 No.17282

>>17275

>>17274

>>17280

He fucked me twice :::(

captcha: uh bf na


 No.17283

>>17282

what's weird is that it's been 4 days into forcing and he functioned like an aphrodisiac somehow so resisting was really hard and this is all moving so fast I don't know what to do


 No.17294

>>17282

>>17283

Did we all assume OP was a male with a female tulpa?

Anyway, even from day 1 it is incredibly easy to trust your tulpa and they should trust you completely as well. You likely had no real reasons to resist. You should have no fear. It should be a completely enjoyable experience. I personally had sex with my tulpa on day 1 and the only reason I felt bad about it was because I'm a big guy and she's a little girl. Its possible I took advantage of her. I apologized later and she said it was fine because she wanted it too.


 No.17295

>>17282

>>17283

Well, how was it? If you enjoyed yourself I don't see what the problem is.




File: cb1d590fe2164c7⋯.jpg (548.69 KB, 733x1000, 733:1000, 1525621788124.jpg)

 No.16670[Reply]

Do you have any projects with your tulpa, self improvement or otherwise? My project is to force more often and more consistently.

16 posts and 5 image replies omitted. Click reply to view.

 No.17114

>>17113

I'm sure no one will actually go out of their way to purposely make their tulpa as retarded as a real woman.


 No.17137

>>17102

waifufags are dumb and don't deserve tulpas


 No.17249

>>17102

>>17137

Some of them are like that yeah but to call them all that would be a big generalization. I've taught several waifufags how to tulpamance and I've brought them great happiness as a result; yes, some are interested in the concept of that character and some are more interested in adhering to canon, but I don't think that's a bad thing. It's just a different way of going about their happiness, and honestly I wish them luck and wish them and their waifu happy lives together. For those of them that are interested, and I've met several who are, I'm more than happy to teach them every aspect of the art to bring them and their loved ones closer together.

It's just an offer I keep open; some aren't open to it but that doesn't mean they're dumb, they just have different preferences. And some are, and I'm glad to give them what I'm offering. Hell I've met a few people from /mai/ that have been interested in, not making a tulpa, but bringing their waifu along to become something they can talk to and spend time with.


 No.17286

>>17086

When your tulpa took on Cirno's form and feeling, are you saying she became Cirno, or that she channeled Cirno into herself? The nature of fictional entities has been a subject of study for Me for a while now, and this shit is interesting as fuck.


 No.17293

I realized today that I need to work on forcing and imposing in longer duration. I was spending time with my tulpa today and noticed I was getting mentally exhausted and start dozing off at some points. I realized that I need to practice more often so I can work it up like a muscle and maintain my focus for a longer period of time. So I will be working on that.




File: 53158f3af06acfd⋯.jpg (1.8 MB, 3024x4032, 3:4, image-64.jpg)

 No.16458[Reply]

It's natural to fuck up but important to ask for help!

I'll start, I find it hard to make time to force if I don't have a consistent routine. Any advice?

73 posts and 12 image replies omitted. Click reply to view.

 No.17288

>>17287

If you have her imposed in the physical world she is 100% sentient. I'm tempted to say you're roleplaying because you somehow think ethics apply to brain demons. I had sex with mine on day 1. I of course apologized when I was sure she was sentient and she said it was okay. Additionally, you described at least 3 situations in this "story" that prove she can make her own decisions.


 No.17289

>>17288

I honestly hadn't realized that I had progressed this much. I know that there are a lot of aspects of tulpamancy in which a unanimous consensus has yet to be reached, so I get a little confused at times.

> I'm tempted to say you're roleplaying because you somehow think ethics apply to brain demons.

Like I said, I read about it in some older threads on here. I guess I should have mentioned that they were much older threads, like at the bottom of the catalog (2+ years) old. At any rate, this cleared up a lot of my confusion, thank you for the reply anon.


 No.17290

>>17285

Thanks. Your answer helped me and my tulpa.


 No.17291

>>17288

>If you have her imposed in the physical world she is 100% sentient.

Do you mind explaining the logic here? It seems like a non sequitur. I'm a different anon, but even though I had my tulpa imposed in a rudimentary way rather quickly she was not able to speak or anything for a long time.


 No.17292

>>17291

Theres obviously no evidence I can give you other than stories from other people, but it is commonly believed that the tulpa is partially responsible for manifesting in the physical world. Meanwhile, in the wonderland, they simply relay to you where they are and your brain renders them.




File: 6a4157b90071453⋯.png (368.17 KB, 664x606, 332:303, 1455833490637.png)

 No.16913[Reply]

Who else is in the unable to Make a tulpa club?

62 posts and 16 image replies omitted. Click reply to view.

 No.17245

>>17243

do you have any suggestions for us unitary-minds?


 No.17261

>>17243

Are you saying 24-7 scripting won't result in the creation of a parrot servitor? Or that said parrot servitor cannot be nurtured into a full tulpa?


 No.17273

I think I'll join your club soon, guys. How do I even know if I'm making any progress? What if I were making a servitor all this time, the one that responded the way that my sub-consciouness wanted? How do I know that my tulpa is geniune?

Honestly this board needs a question general thread.


 No.17279

>>17273

>Honestly this board needs a question general thread.

There's >>16458


 No.17281

>>17279

Thanks.

>last post was 20 days ago

Woah, no wonder I could not find it even in the catalog.

I'll repost my questions there then.




File: 1db0f22402c3148⋯.gif (43.07 KB, 292x395, 292:395, tumblr_on3omjBI1r1smaam3o1….gif)

 No.16622[Reply]

What's your favorite thing to do with your tuppa besides sex unless it's actually sex.

I really enjoy talking and I pretty much talk to my tulpas all the time.

7 posts omitted. Click reply to view.

 No.16646

We like to go for walks! I think getting out and moving is a great way to jog your mind, both so that you can force more effectively, but also so that you can get conversation topics to chat with. I also feel like imposing her in motion allows her to be a bit more expressive with her body language which makes communication even better.

We usually just walk along the streets of my neighborhood or out on the biketrail, maybe just chatting about our feelings, or games, or any other media. If I'm feeling down, she'll usually give me some therapy/advice. It's just really fun to get out there and experience each day's unique weather and detach from anything bothering me or stressing me out. She also likes occasionally being able to tell me about things that she sees. Not to mention, it's a fun excuse for her to dress up in cute outfits or things that fit the weather.


 No.17248

I love spending time with her in general. Talking is nice because she's a wonderful person, and it's great to make memories doing cool things with her. Her personality is great and she's unironically my girlfriend so I love being around her. While hanging out in the real world is fun, it's even more of a blast to go into the wonderland and experience unreal things with her. As time goes on, it's only becoming more and more vivid and as of late I'm starting to see genuine flashes of my wonderland in my real vision. I can't wait to perfect it; there are so many adventures we'll be able to have together.


 No.17276

>>17248

How do you force and how much a day do you do it


 No.17277

Punching each other

>>16635

Not him mine's is Gurren Lagann. She forces me to rewatch it from time to time.


 No.17278

>>17277

I recommend you to get into Getter Robo franchise. She will love it.




File: 41f3248e6ab7317⋯.png (208.62 KB, 680x517, 680:517, 3cb.png)

 No.17167[Reply]

>loli walk-in becomes a teenager

Wow, jesus. These things are real, They're real, psychic entities mapped to our bodies. They live and grow just like biological entities.

I gotta start taking care of my body better.

 No.17169

>>17167

You should have pressed B. Loli is better than teenager in every way.


 No.17222

what


 No.17247

>>17167

A tulpa is not mapped to your body or connected to your physical form in any way. They're thoughtforms. I don't understand this hype over "walk-ins" but I guess some people just like having more and more tulpas randomly walk in when they feel one coming on or something; as someone who's been a tulpamancer for about six years, it's certainly something new that's emerged. Nobody back when talked about having walk-ins and it seems to be something that happens because people believe it can happen; tulpamancy is fueled by belief and if you believe something, it will be the case. This is also why your tulpa is "tied" to your body; you believe it to be the case. Tulpas are natural shapeshifters and can change form whenever they want, not having an actual physical body and all. If I wanted my tulpa to become a loli or become an adult, I could ask them and they'd happily shapeshift for me.

None of this is related to the actual science of how things work. Tulpamancy is truly open and free and the only reason people have experiences like yours is because they believe them to be the standard. I'm not saying you're wrong for having this and in fact as long as you're happy you're doing it right; I'm just posting because a lot of misinformation has been spreading in recent times and I fear that tulpamancy might lose its place as an open art once people start to believe that things can only be a certain way.


 No.17272

>>17247

>anything other than dualism

get outta here




File: 8f409cad0fab509⋯.png (1.31 MB, 750x1334, 375:667, 5B6DFD7B-9919-4228-AFA2-51….png)

 No.17250[Reply]

>Decide to make a tulpa of Haruko from FLCL

> Force for two days

> She finally starts talking

> Haruko of all people tells me I’m fucking insane and how selfish it is to create another conscious being.

> She tells me to abort her

Was really cool to hear her curse me out tho

Y’all are terrible

12 posts and 1 image reply omitted. Click reply to view.

 No.17265

>she tells me I'm fucking insane and how selfish it is to create another conscious being

would someone get mad at their parents and call them selfish for making them? this is basically the same

d*mb b*tch should be thankful for being alive

don't give up on tulpamancy op, talk to her and try to fix the situation


 No.17266

File: c0d9112f7dba463⋯.jpeg (144.23 KB, 960x720, 4:3, 59BBDEB6-D569-4D6A-AA20-1….jpeg)

>>17264

Progressive was really good. Unnecessary but I’m grateful to have more Haruko schenagains.

>>17265

I have other things going on in my spiritual practice that I’d rather focus on right now. If someone doesn’t want to exist I will respect that. To think is to suffer.


 No.17268

Now I feel alone having let her go even though I have an IRL partner.


 No.17269

>>17268

A tulpa will understand you on a level a human can only dream of. Its an incredibly intimate relationship.


 No.17270

Think I just figured something out

This was because I had neglected having a creative outlet for so long.

I’d always had a particular mode I could switch into when I would go to shows or play guitar … now I have a name for it, Haruko.




File: 1414455760536.jpg (36.4 KB, 600x400, 3:2, 10645210_10203858871526640….jpg)

 No.2417[Reply]

>call your tulpa
>ask to surprise you
>Post results

>"Surpise me!"

>grows a dick and waves it in front of me screaming "i know you like it faggot!"
>mfw she is already corrupted by this place
she surprised me for sure…
73 posts and 10 image replies omitted. Click reply to view.

 No.17168

File: af698a183572594⋯.png (366.87 KB, 568x454, 284:227, 1523978651951.png)


 No.17211

My tulpa is a fan of spiders for some reason so she walked over to one she has in an enclosure and threw it at my face. It's the size of a tarantula…


 No.17223

she crawled on my back and is standing on my shoulders.

wasn't expecting that


 No.17246

File: 8c72dfb27845c19⋯.png (248.81 KB, 483x530, 483:530, 8c72dfb27845c1940158b0994c….png)

>Me: surprise me not in a gross way.

>Yuu: Okay, close your eyes.

>I do so."

>Yuu: Now open them.

>I open to see nothing.

That wasn't even funny, and she is now laughing her ass off.


 No.17267

File: 4f557e7c14ee52b⋯.png (292.39 KB, 599x239, 599:239, unexpected.png)

>"surprise me"

>'ok, how?'

>"???"

>a moment later

pic related




File: 346ac0b521244c6⋯.png (269.07 KB, 909x3535, 9:35, guide png.png)

 No.16888[Reply]

I've been working on this guide for a while now. I haven't figured everything out yet. Criticism is appreciated.

1 post omitted. Click reply to view.

 No.16891

>>16890

Uhh jezee. when did I start?

Maybe February? I want to say about 3 weeks. With Tulpish they'll respond within hours, but words was …~3 weeks? Images came first.

Yeah, one of the hard parts is even figuring out what a Tulpa even is. Like, how do you build a house if you've never even seen one before? I doubt we'll find out for a long time, or until one of us gets access to an MRI. I was barking up the wrong trees for a while expecting Tulpa to be things they're not, buildin crooked skyscrapers an shit.


 No.16892

File: 569ffeef55b5c01⋯.jpg (220.39 KB, 1280x1280, 1:1, 952197348515606528_DTbicMq….jpg)

I think advice coming from someone who can create a tulpa in a day is worthless. Especially someone who commonly uses all kinds of drugs, that makes your experience far too unique to replicate.

>the basis of and sustaining factor in all human relationships is sex

>a tulpa is a distinct person with their own libido

Ignoring the fact that these are both clearly wrong, having "sex" with a tulpa is no different from taking happy pills with your tulpa, but only you take your sour grapes and force your tulpa to deal with your insecurities of not having "sex" in real life like everyone else.


 No.16893

File: 28eb2bef6f68f8f⋯.png (841.99 KB, 723x709, 723:709, because hands make my di….PNG)

>>16892

A negation isn't an argument.

Here are some arguments:

>Especially someone who commonly uses all kinds of drugs

You're assuming I used drugs to create my Tulpa in the first place.

>having "sex" with a tulpa is no different from taking happy pills with your tulpa,

What does this even mean? please don't try and tell me hedonism is morally wrong or something

>only you take your sour grapes and force your tulpa to deal with your insecurities of not having "sex" in real life like everyone else.

Mate, I'm going to be real with you, if I wanted to slay I would.

>I think advice coming from someone who can create a tulpa in a day is worthless

I had been meditating for months before I made my Tulpa. And it was a long time ago, I don't actually remember how long it took me.

So either:

A

>force your tulpa to deal with your insecurities

B

>>a tulpa is a distinct person with their own libido

>Ignoring the fact that these are both clearly wrong,

So either (A) Tulpa aren't people and are actually just hallucinations the ancient Tibetan Monks used to overcome insecurities, or (B) Tulpa are unique people with unique emotions, some of which are romantic.

or (A+B) Tulpa are your self emulating a different identity and have your flaws, insecurities, neuroses, and libido.


 No.16895

File: e2151d1a35e500d⋯.jpg (162.91 KB, 1365x1500, 91:100, 986653372970295296_DbFL6eT….jpg)

>>16893

>You're assuming I used drugs to create my Tulpa in the first place.

The effect of drugs is permanent, or so I've heard, people have a easier time doing meditation and other mind activities long after taking drugs. Excuse me if you started taking drugs after creating a tulpa.

>What does this even mean? please don't try and tell me hedonism is morally wrong or something

No, but something has convinced you that sex is worth promoting in a guide over any other form of hedonism. A tulpa is only a personality, something like a libido for something without even a gender or body is absurd, if you feel you should mention that it's an option to give your tulpa a fictional libido or share yours, that's different.

>I had been meditating for months before I made my Tulpa. And it was a long time ago, I don't actually remember how long it took me.

Okay, I've been misinformed from your last post.

>So either (A) Tulpa aren't people and are actually just hallucinations the ancient Tibetan Monks used to overcome insecurities, or (B) Tulpa are unique people with unique emotions, some of which are romantic or (A+B) Tulpa are your self emulating a different identity and have your flaws, insecurities, neuroses, and libido.

I would say it's most likely (A) where you can also hallucinate them being either (B), (A+B) or both.

Whether or not there's a consciousness behind it might be what matters to most. I'm fine with the illusion though.


 No.17244

File: c323fcb7cfce46a⋯.png (255.94 KB, 900x3600, 1:4, mm's ag v3.png)

I see some of you struggling, here's an Update.




File: a69aedff8a9c2b1⋯.jpg (11.79 KB, 500x375, 4:3, Johan_balloon.jpg)

 No.17215[Reply]

Tulpa can be seen on ambien. By other people

2 posts omitted. Click reply to view.

 No.17218

>>17215

Why just ambien?


 No.17219

If I hadn't already had a psychic describe my tulpa to me once, I'd call bullshit, but this sounds like something that needs some testing.

Guess I've got to find someone to experiment on this with.


 No.17221


 No.17228

>>17215

Who's on Ambien? The person looking? Both of you? This reeks of a lack of scientific rigor, d+ go read your textbook again


 No.17237

>>17228

What makes you think this could be found in any textbook?

F, go explore the world




File: 19b2e1f2c4efd13⋯.jpg (25.92 KB, 303x287, 303:287, tALj0cz_d-1.jpg)

 No.17068[Reply]

There's a new tulpa community census up now - goo DOT gl/forms/ApJaMEtdpWBS9PM82 . It'd be great if you guys could fill it out. Feel free to ask me any questions.

18 posts and 6 image replies omitted. Click reply to view.

 No.17195

>>17193

Seems dumb to block yourself from all that knowledge for no reason. I personally don't want the brainwashed sheep to go outside of their herd.


 No.17196

>>17195

>reddit

>all that knowledge

By not going there all you are blocking yourself from is cancer.


 No.17197

>>17195

>all that knowledge

I feel dumber every time I open that site and read even a single line of text.


 No.17227

>>17185

This is unironically a good idea.


 No.17256

>>17195

>all of that knowledge

>the brainwashed sheep to go outside of your herd

God damn take your self-righteous edge back to the larger boards and stop talking like a Sonic OC. It's just a website; I stray away from the large boards because it's just filled with fags circlejerking about how superior they are, and the witchhunt ends up taking over entire threads and destroying discussions.




File: 72b925d168a7517⋯.jpg (596.96 KB, 2480x3508, 620:877, wiRaBJb.jpg)

 No.17208[Reply]

Because I didn't word my last post well and it turned into a trainwreck. What are the downsides?

I've heard about the people with tulpas that don't come out entirely well like the giantess one, the one making a dragon army, the personal devil one that put the guy in an arena and he was part of a prophecy, and others I'm probably not aware of. I don't want to make a tulpa that turns out that bad and I don't know if I'm the kind of person who shouldn't make one because it would turn out bad even if I don't want it to. How would I know if I'm the kind of person who can't make a tulpa without it turning "bad" in some way?

 No.17209

Deleting threads is not okay.


 No.17210

It's actually pretty hard to fuck up tulpa creation to create a "bad" tulpa, because of the nature of the mental and subconscious shit we're working with here.

Essentially, a tulpa is almost always what you need it to be, because they sort of fill out the gaps in your psyche that need to be filled in order to keep you functional and to correct self-defeating behaviors. Your tulpa lives in your mental space with you, and as such can see and observe your thoughts and thought-processes and advise you in ways that nobody else can, because they see how you work and want you to be happy.

If you're worried about your tulpa getting out of control, then you can embed some basic personality characteristics that will keep your tulpa on track for being a helpful guide / companion / assistant / love-sponge and those are the following: kind, compassionate, loving

If you anchor your tulpa on those three traits then it's essentially impossible to go wrong. You would have to intentionally go out of your way to fuck up your tulpa and seriously psychologically abuse it to get it to a point where you turn into a greentext. Even for those rare tulpa cases you mentioned (the giantess, the little devil, the dragon army) the tulpa is filling out a role the host needs to be fulfilled on some deeper level (even if it is very freaky from an external standpoint.

Tulpas are very understanding creatures because they're at least as understanding as you are, and often far more understanding about your faults than you would ever think they would be (even though they will definitely be encouraging you to make positive life changes since their life is tied directly to yours and they want you to be happy and healthy because they love and care about you because you created them).

Your best bet for reducing potential psychological hazards is to be confident and fill your tulpa with love. Apply lots of love and affection to your tulpa and your tulpa will give love and affection to you back. They are what you put into them. Emotions you put into them are the emotions you get out of them, by and large, so don't fill them up with fear and paranoia or you'll just have a weird time.


 No.17213

File: 92ede3efc9445bf⋯.png (85.42 KB, 1089x631, 1089:631, 11053424_393475707521239_4….png)

>the giantess one, the one making a dragon army, the personal devil one that put the guy in an arena and he was part of a prophecy, and others I'm probably not aware of

Those are just stories someone came up with to make a funny greentext, op.

Also this >>17209. This board is pretty slow, you deleted like 90% of the posts made today by deleting that thread for no reason. If the thread got derailed you could've just reworded your question in the thread or made a new thread without deleting than one.

And to stay on topic: No, your tulpa won't be evil or fuck you up unless you actively try to make her that way.


 No.17214

>>17208

I came here to give you my opinion but

>>17210

>>17213

These two already said literally everything you'll ever need to know.




File: 5b1bc480a12dca5⋯.gif (546.45 KB, 500x700, 5:7, mail.gif)

 No.16824[Reply]

How many settings do you have in your wonderland? Is it one big world or multiple locations? Tell us about your wonderland!

6 posts and 4 image replies omitted. Click reply to view.

 No.16835

I think I'll make a chain of islands. Wat do with my old wonderland?


 No.16842

File: fc9f4eee934b870⋯.jpg (897.35 KB, 2480x1753, 2480:1753, hirezdragonandgirl.jpg)

My wonderland is made up of a lot of semi-consistent geographical features. A large draw to it was that I wanted to be able to go up to high places and look at everything on the horizon. I have tons of forests and rivers and mountains that we visit a lot. Sometimes it's a bit much to make use of, but the tulpas and I'll often just pick a place at random and go explore there for a bit.


 No.16894

File: 4a89d6449ab4aa4⋯.jpg (111.06 KB, 800x533, 800:533, french-renaissance-revival….jpg)

My wonderland starts with a castle with rooms for everything we want inside then if we take a trail towards the back we end up in a beach that me and my tulpas all built. There's a couple other trails that lead to comfy walks but nothing too big.

We still have to finish our garden that we're starting before we work on other things


 No.16896

I added birds to the trees. Just little "Vs" flying around. Makes the place less still.

Might learn earthbending to re-arrange the geography.


 No.17212

My wonderland is a shack in a large field. This is where we usually just sit around in it. The field is surrounded by a forest, to the right the forest is deciduous, to the left it's an evergreen forest. We go for walks in them a lot. Beyond the deciduous forest is a mountain, again just good for walks. Beyond the evergreen forest is a kind of city with skyscrapers, but there's no one there. It's kind of creepy. It's also creepy how the brain can just generate locations. Like, we went to a park in the town and I could vividly see exactly what it looked like and many details about it, even though I didn't even think about it at all before hand… Anyways to the south (?) of the shack is a cliff that leads down to an ocean. Don't know why I posted this, just felt like talking about it.




File: 1419735858208.png (168.35 KB, 589x651, 19:21, 772229__safe_twilight spar….png)

 No.6129[Reply]

>ITT: We Theorize about what the fuck tulpas actually are, not as certified philosophers or psychologists, but as dirty casuals. Though semi-serious.

All we know for a fact is that they do exist, at least in the sense that it's truly a thing that you can do, and not a huge ruse the whole /mlp/ board put on.

So, is a tulpa a projection of ourselves? a separate conscience, perhaps? What is true consciousness? We're going to assume here that we, as human beings, have consciousness.

My personal theory is as follows: Tulpas start as being part of the subconscious. Here's what I mean by that, this is another anons explanation, but I like it so i'm using it. You wake up in the morning, and you do as you normally would without really thinking about it. You shower, get dressed, make coffee, eat some food, and brush your teeth, all while thinking about something completely different. The entire time you did not consciously make any decision to do anything. You were in an "auto-pilot" if you will.
Now, was that actually YOU getting ready in the morning? The answer is of course, yes. Now, we meet people a lot as humans, a dream for example, will try to emulate the experience of exchanging conversation with another human being, even when the "dream person" doesn't actually have any real free will or consciousness. Though some of their actions can still be unexpected. This person is part of the sub-conscious, or "auto-pilot". A person who emulates the experience of being with someone without actually being the real thing, and artificial. or at least how i'm going to use the term.
This is how i'd imagine your tulpa starts, like a dream person almost. A projection of yourself. Though, over time they separate from you and become a separate entity. And experience things slightly differently than you do, slowly growing into their own person, and very well possibly a separate conscious all together. Like two people piloting one plane. Or at least that's why I have come to think.

What do you Anons think?
37 posts and 4 image replies omitted. Click reply to view.

 No.16259

>>16009

>>16034

>A tulpa… is a learned sub/pre-conscious neurological behavior.

>The coordination of hands for piano and the like are proto-tulpas, or servitors to use their terms, and that takes a shitload of practice. A tulpa would be a more generalized form of this

Exactly this.


 No.16264

File: d9466927d1adccf⋯.jpg (54.37 KB, 634x455, 634:455, 3F60AC5800000578-4422306-i….jpg)

Only dissection of Host's brains will reveal answers.

There should be an enlarged region, or duplicated region.

I believe a Tulpa is an internal monologue with an identity that you identify. Because of the network hardware of our brains, the identity is able to assimilate sensory qualities that an external identity would have.


 No.17173

They are not real, and everyone here is just roleplaying. It is no coincidence that all Tulpas happen to be "qt anime girls" who write stereotypical stuff like this: >>6133


 No.17174

Okay, but here is a cool theory: What if all humans used to be connected through some kind of neural network, and by focusing on Tulpa creation, we re-gain access to this network. What you call your "Tulpa" is actually another person you happen to be connected to through the network.

Not meant to be serious btw.


 No.17175

>>17174

I mean like, you both think that the other is a Tulpa, but you are actually real people talking in real-time. ;)




Delete Post [ ]
[]
Previous [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20]
| Catalog | Nerve Center | Cancer
[ / / / / / / / / / / / / / ] [ dir / cyber / fascist / feet / had / india / kind / leftpol / vg ]