[ / / / / / / / / / / / / / ] [ dir / ausneets / cafechan / hydrus / kc / leftpol / pdfs / quorious / shame ]

/v/ - Video Games

The Vidya
Winner of the 32sd Attention-Hungry Games
/animu/ - Anime and Otaku Culture

Comment *
* = required field[▶ Show post options & limits]
Confused? See the FAQ.
(replaces files and can be used instead)
Show oekaki applet
(replaces files and can be used instead)
Password (For file and post deletion.)

Allowed file types:jpg, jpeg, gif, png, webm, mp4, swf, pdf
Max filesize is 16 MB.
Max image dimensions are 15000 x 15000.
You may upload 5 per post.

[ /agdg/ | Vidya Porn | Hentai Games | Retro Vidya | Contact ]

YouTube embed. Click thumbnail to play.

86ae2b No.14475349

Saw this earlier and figured I'd share it with you guys since there's not video game news today for some reason.

>We are examining programs that implement general functions and contents for Final Fantasy VII Remake as necessary on the development team, and while we are reaching a satisfactory level in terms of reproducing the original title in high-quality graphics, we have come to the conclusion that we should aim for even higher quality in order to meet the expectations of fans.

>That said, we will tackle the production of this big title by establishing core members of various positons such as level planner, battle planner, designer, engineer, etc. including existing members of the development team. Interested applicants are expected to work as a core member.

I just hope they're able to make a decent combat system and remove those terrible frame drops from the E3 demo two years back.


1e9c38 No.14475361


So they haven't even started.

9ef5e9 No.14475363

dude graffix lmao

86ae2b No.14475367


I think they rebooted the project or something with a new developer and everything. Can't confirm.

e43ed6 No.14475408

>not playing the original, on original hardware


e78d8a No.14475416

I like how literally nothing from that E3 show has even come out yet except the robot dinosaur game with the name I can't remember because it was so generic.

86ae2b No.14475419

File: 4afb2b16743cb11⋯.png (1.49 MB, 1000x1400, 5:7, 3.png)


>Not playing the original on a playstation vita

a9bd6b No.14475421

1f2e45 No.14475435


Sounds like they're trying to put a positive spin on the game being in development Hell since giving CyberConnect2 the boot to me.

e78d8a No.14475439


>not the Famicom demake on a modded Gizmondo

b3b0c1 No.14475443


>rebooted the project

Looks like we're about to repeat the FFXV incident.

aaddbe No.14475449

looks like a FF15 mod. pretty, but "hold X to win" isnt fun.

a9bd6b No.14475455


At the very least it needs to be mash X to win like most Kingdom Hearts difficulties.

882830 No.14475458


It is going to be basically be a FF15 mod. They've already been very vocal about that. It won't play anything at all like FF7.

1e9c38 No.14475460


You know 15 is shit when it makes KH2 look complex.

e78d8a No.14475461


Shut up dumbass. You had to press ▲ sometimes in those games.

a9bd6b No.14475479


Oh shit, you're right. It truly was a deep battle system.

38c9fc No.14475499


It won't be like FFVII in any way at all, not just the gameplay

9ef5e9 No.14475503




Hey, Kingdom Hearts is deep, complex, and difficult. All you need to do is buy the rerelease that came out a decade later, play on the hardest difficulty, limit yourself to a level 1 run, kill off your party members so you're playing solo, and disconnect your controller.

a9bd6b No.14475516


>kill off your party members so you're playing solo

They do that on their own.

e78d8a No.14475517


I thought the hardest challenge in the KH series was to find heterosexual porn that isn't poorly drawn.

559ced No.14475545


I expect it will bomb so hard, that Square-Enix will bite the dust from this.

ae9381 No.14475546

Please don't make it into an ARPG in the vein of FFXV. Please don't gloss over important plot points; they should probably incorporate the events of crisis core and advent children in there somewhere in order to make the whole story flow and reach a cohesive conclusion. Please don't remove aeris' death because you think someone is going to get triggered. Stop worrying so much about the graphics for fucks sake and come up with an improved version of the combat system as it exists in the original.

aaddbe No.14475551


is it really difficult for them to professionally "mod" FF7 by just replacing textures, character models, etc? then maybe just add some voice acting which would be the most costly part of this?

i mean. i've seen mods for it but they can only go so far.

but they will never make these games like how i want, because theyve now made it canon that every male character in this game is a twink.

1e9c38 No.14475552


>they should probably incorporate the events of crisis core and advent children


86ae2b No.14475558



e78d8a No.14475559


Modding FF7 alone wouldn't be enough to fit in Gackt and Genesis, so that was out of the question from the get go.

86ae2b No.14475561


yeah, seems like it.

ae9381 No.14475571



alternatively you can explain why that ruffles your jimmies.

6bdc34 No.14475577

why is barret's head so small?

275111 No.14475582


cause he's a nigger

38c9fc No.14475593


Are you an idiot or something?

cbb642 No.14475599

File: 162b5b9716d132a⋯.jpg (20.64 KB, 474x412, 237:206, hellhouse.jpg)

No hellhouse no buy

86ae2b No.14475629


I agree with this

3d9221 No.14475638


That only goes till the end of disc one doesn't it?

1e9c38 No.14475641


Because it totally cheapened and destroyed the original story? Sephiroth is no longer the agent of his actions, Genesis is. Further, the Planet is no longer a naturalistic system, it's a fucking Valkyrie Profile knockoff Goddess with a personality and everything. Advent children is even worse by completely removing Cloud's actual characterization and replacing it with what fanfic writers think it is.

0a3101 No.14475671


>Barret is now an edgelord discount Blade and not a fun nigga

>that Wedge va

>those valley girl va's

>dude, ultra realistic graphics and complete lack of colors and distinct art direction, lmao

>emo Cloud

>no Tifa i wonder why

I don't know guys, i have a bad feeling about this.

8b747e No.14475698

It's going to lack all the heart and weird shit that made it good in the first place

f52b5e No.14475712


Like "This guy are sick."

b3b0c1 No.14475723

File: 5dc7ae3fe113be0⋯.png (133.91 KB, 648x431, 648:431, Heavy_Tank_FF7[1].png)

>>14475599 (checked)

Post your favorite FF7 enemy.

0a3101 No.14475732


More like cross dressing, penis smashing and all the weird shit in the bee inn.

These are the same pussies that deleted an entire fucking character from ff15 because they were afraid her story might trigger mentally ill people that don't play games.

161071 No.14475734

They're gonna Brigadoon it.

They're not making what it was, they're making it what they think people think it was.

f52b5e No.14475740


This is just a sucky trailer, Tifa will show up. I'm more worried about the game getting Denuvo-ed, normalfags buying this remake/rebooted one and encountering Denuvo, microtransactions, and the rest of SE's evil/ more corporated than fun side.

(I won't play this fancy upgrade, why? Because I'll finish the poly-gonny one, jokes, heart, and all.)

fc53d6 No.14475742

File: 2f5ed085f725870⋯.jpg (28.79 KB, 400x225, 16:9, 1.jpg)

File: d4100c66df86e37⋯.jpg (154.21 KB, 1280x688, 80:43, 2.jpg)



Realistic expectation would be seeing those things redesigned like in FFXV.

161071 No.14475743

File: 8617b1c0eb1d2c7⋯.png (64.08 KB, 532x371, 76:53, Sea_Worm_FF7.png)


Farmed these SOBs hard back in the day.

a03067 No.14475746


> tifa's tits will be smaller and have a bioware face

> yuffie will be a stronk independent woman and the story will be changed that she steals materia to keep her village afloat and you are wrong for resisting

> aeris will be explicitly confirmed for prostitute but she does it because sexual positivity

> cloud will have a bioware face and will be canon bisexual and you have the option to have sex with don cornelio

> cid will be unplayable and a racist and he will die in the rocket liftoff and it's reacted to as a good thing

> red xiii will be a weird looking fujoshit kemono hybrid but be basically same except now romancable

> cait sith will be upgraded to a voice of reason mary sue who can't do no wrong but all of his ideas and plans go wrong but are presented as not his fault

> vincent will be a cuckold and goes full cuckold after it's found out that hojo seduced his wife and you're supposed to feel bad for hojo because his wife died in an accident

> the battle system will be redone to be ffxiii-tier but with 10% more depth

> will be goty for everywhere and square enix enix will embrace the sjw tactic of blaming criticism on shitlords

Did I miss anything?

f52b5e No.14475747


I've seen some normalfags worried about the crossdressing, the Bee Inn, and such getting censored on a few places and Jew Tube.

fc53d6 No.14475751



Its going to be episodic.

b3b0c1 No.14475762


>These are the same pussies that deleted an entire fucking character from ff15 because they were afraid her story might trigger mentally ill people that don't play games.

I haven't heard of this before. What character did they remove and what Tumblr-of-the-week got offended?

f52b5e No.14475767



Does having a similar fighting system to Kingdom Hearts/ FFXV count?

33e89e No.14475786


Is this actually going to be an RPG or is it going to be a Tomb Raider esque scripted scene bullshit?

fc53d6 No.14475788

File: 5429e1f881ca22a⋯.jpg (77.85 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, Stella Nox Fleuret.jpg)

File: daffd883b64c9c8⋯.jpg (532.45 KB, 1012x576, 253:144, Stella-Versus-XIII.jpg)

File: 478b1ac1b2342e5⋯.png (757.69 KB, 1366x738, 683:369, StellaXVPortrait.png)

f52b5e No.14475789


Asking the same questions as Anon, since I haven't heard that story (Even though I know somethings else got censored).

261ebf No.14475790

File: de04e0e522fceb2⋯.jpg (24.3 KB, 506x960, 253:480, DXzxL-DV4AI8fkE.jpg)


>tifa's tits will be smaller

What a cruel and unjust world we live in.

fead7c No.14475797

File: 25c1bee7d25e847⋯.jpg (26.66 KB, 287x266, 41:38, 1384144659877.jpg)

>FFXV combat

fucking boring. Wished it was at least kingdom hearts action gameplay. at least that would be fun. This looks like press x to win

At least we'll have magic and mp and not have magic be fucking items

a6b8d2 No.14475807

File: e521297fc894928⋯.jpg (100.01 KB, 713x900, 713:900, 44977dbf03f895fdc0ef315d91….jpg)

File: eb3c1b996aed523⋯.webm (6.45 MB, 640x360, 16:9, Why_people_hate_remakes.webm)



f52b5e No.14475819


Man, I can't get Cloud to dress all pretty for that part in the game. One of my many fails!

33e89e No.14475823

File: b60b46b3c42ed1f⋯.jpg (29.54 KB, 720x718, 360:359, 7df023ef.jpg)


>Tifa's tits will have a face

0a3101 No.14475831



It's the character of Stella/now Luna.

She was supposed to be abused super hardcore her whole life to a point where her body was falling apart as you traveled together. They got scared of what the tumblrtards might think and deleted an entire fucking character out of the game despite her being in the fucking trailers and changing the story, turning it into a clusterfuck that it is today.

f52b5e No.14475855


I can "tolerate" some cleavage getting censored/altered, or removed. But a whole character! - Bad enough that the PC game is Denuvo-ed.

Please tell me that she's still there in the Playstation 4.

446712 No.14475865


poor fucking Versus XIII. I did not deserve what happened to it.

5f7db8 No.14475882

File: 340a3d5901f2f8b⋯.jpg (137.44 KB, 500x518, 250:259, fags_image.jpg)

Cloud looks like he's got grids.

89c67b No.14475885

>we have come to the conclusion that we should aim for even higher quality in order to meet the expectations of fans.

I see this backfiring.

aaddbe No.14475902


>Gackt and Genesis


2a0319 No.14475908


Oh, you didn't know?

fc74f0 No.14475909

File: 4fb763ca97a57aa⋯.jpg (87.05 KB, 496x443, 496:443, 4fb763ca97a57aaf23e3d01d43….jpg)

> FFXV put SE so deep in the hole they had to play their "get out of jail free" card by remaking FFVII for free money

> They fuck it up and get even deeper in the hole making the same mistakes they did with FFXV


5f7db8 No.14475910

File: 5b979235607c3d5⋯.jpg (115.67 KB, 1920x1080, 16:9, tifa.jpg)


I can see them just using the advent children tifa.

b3b0c1 No.14475932



Ah, I've heard of this. I thought she got changed into Luna because Tabata was a hack, not because they were scared of some Gaijin trannies.


If they had to radically change the story during development to accommodate for her removal, she's probably never coming back. Best case scenario, some disgruntled writer posts a beta storyboard when she still existed.


Genesis' design was deliberately a tribute to some J-pop singer named Gackt.

fc74f0 No.14475959


According to some shit I read somewhere, Stella was a part of Noctis' ability to communicate with the dead, especially the dead kings of Lucius, including his dad, and the dream world would be a major part of the story and it would end up with Noctis doubting what was real and what was reality. All that got axed and all that's left of it is the Umbra shit where you can travel in time at the end of the game to go back and do previous side-quests.

f52b5e No.14475969


Thanks, Anon. That's the impression that I got when I looked her up, to see what's the deal.

(Thought it was the current guy, Luna, that was erase).

1e9c38 No.14475979


>Genesis' design was deliberately a tribute to some J-pop singer named Gackt.

He voiced him and wrote the character with Nomura. It's his self insert.

2a0319 No.14475983


Poochie-tier stuff.

f88924 No.14475991

File: 9a031b6562dc3c8⋯.png (138.76 KB, 459x344, 459:344, What's wrong with you!.png)

Oh wow, look at that, you can sometimes crouch under some rubble! And shimmy through some tight spaces! How incredible!

Seriously, why do some devs think that's something worth showing off?

2a0319 No.14475995


Because FF is an outlet for their retarded music and fashion choices, not an actual game. Atelier Gang for the win.

26d599 No.14475997

File: a7ed594c1cb7234⋯.mp4 (837.07 KB, 640x480, 4:3, mwfw.mp4)

fc74f0 No.14475998


The best part is I'm 100% certain those animations are recycled from FFXV, specifically the whole section seems ripped directly from the collapsed caves where you find the first dead king weapon thing.

1e9c38 No.14476004

File: d7a6bd57a153d5e⋯.jpg (123.22 KB, 522x1143, 58:127, apropro.jpg)

f88924 No.14476011

File: 14e7376d4d197b2⋯.gif (277.56 KB, 239x277, 239:277, Haha!.gif)


I love Simpson memes.

e78d8a No.14476016


Seriously read this shit without either laughing or getting angry.


f52b5e No.14476017


Cue waifu-ism. Is that one of the CEOs of SE? Come on, Lightning can't do everything!

1e9c38 No.14476023


>Lightning can't do everything!

She can star in a Valkyrie Profile game.

559ced No.14476049


I still can't believe that Valkyrie Profile game got axed for XIII-3.

e78d8a No.14476060


I can't believe one was in planning to begin with.

2a0319 No.14476068


>Also known as


>Also known as


995588 No.14476073


You missed the part where it takes a decade to make.

1e9c38 No.14476078



Hrist never ever.

f52b5e No.14476089


Ditto with Kingdom Hearts and the previous SE titles.

86d05d No.14476130


Or that the story is complete gibberish and all the characters behave like aliens. Though, I imagine they can't fuck up the narrative too much since they already have a script.

1e9c38 No.14476142


>they can't fuck up the narrative too much since they already have a script.

Every single FF7 related release since the original clearly shows that's not the case.

f52b5e No.14476159


What's depressing, Anons, was that people were clamoring for a FF7 remake/reboot. Now if the episodic series fail, I'll think of this as a "Be careful what you wish for."

b36cbb No.14476194

File: bd0fe4308159b45⋯.jpg (10.62 KB, 283x26, 283:26, RED FLAG.JPG)


>Squaresoft disbanded decades ago

>No Sakaguchi

>No Uematsu

>No Kitase

>Square Enix are yet to develop a good game

And you are still jerking off over this fan fiction garbage?

72bfb6 No.14476326

File: 507a16ca28a2835⋯.jpg (121.29 KB, 1095x730, 3:2, emerald_weapon_upper_body_….jpg)


Superboss, but Emerald Weapon is an enemy all the same. I'd like to see how they plan on tackling this fight in a FFXV-style "real-time battle" engine, to say nothing of how they'd officially update its look. Link related, it's the Sketchfab page with JPSSullivan's fanart 3D Emerald model.


ec495d No.14476343

File: 3634351cf87f2b0⋯.png (560.24 KB, 833x681, 833:681, westboro baptist hedgehog.png)


What a good fucking sign.

aa228f No.14476401

First we need to air some problematic grievances though.

>Barret-Large black man with a gun

Racist and promotes negative stereotypes. Gonna need to replace him with a trans woman of color who uses something other than a gun.

>Tifa-White woman with large breasts

Again, very problematic, very cis-heterocentric catering for straight white males. Probably need to replace her with another woman of color. Perhaps with a disability.

>cross-dressing portion with Don Corneo

Basically, we're going to have to remove this whole section. There's nothing but blatant bigotry against trans-people and the trans-community. Perhaps some portion of this level can be salvaged if a more positive and inclusive design can be incorporated. I'll have to speak with Brianna Wu and ger her opinion on the matter.

8cb363 No.14476404


That looks like shit.

f52b5e No.14476417


Come on, the crossing dressing scene is to save Tifa (Even though I know she went in there to get info from Don). I'd be really enraged if that gets cut.

1e9c38 No.14476419


That won't be how they fuck it up. Every character is going to be formatted to a post2005 anime stereotype and large swathes of story will be glossed over. Don't expect a world map.

e78d8a No.14476424


15 was gayer than anything that happened during that scene so I don't see it going anywhere.

0cc96e No.14476426


>I just hope they're able to make a decent combat system

They're not.

25704b No.14476452


This right here. Everything about FF7 that came out after FF7 has been absolute shit. The remake will be exactly the same.

74bfc4 No.14476466


You forgot seasonpasses and final fantasy VII lootboxes

36acf4 No.14476486


I wish I could be this pleb… I'm psyched hope we get alternate endings

ec495d No.14476519

File: c8e9f9f75dff941⋯.png (114.37 KB, 256x256, 1:1, Whenyouunlockbigheadmode.png)


Why do people like Numura again?

03eb1c No.14476530

File: 1a0b51029cd1818⋯.jpg (68.99 KB, 540x390, 18:13, 1a0b51029cd1818ee02f1ae6bd….jpg)

I can't wait to see how this dumpster fire will disappoint. I'm still amazed that people even wanted a remake in the first place

261ebf No.14476536

File: 038bcfcf32150b2⋯.png (151.82 KB, 565x415, 113:83, Emerald_weapon_ffvii.png)


You think this looks better?

1e9c38 No.14476551


He's actually a really good creature designer. He did a bunch of enemies for 5, most of them for 6, and all of them for 7 and 8, which are both really interesting. 10's aeons are his too, and they're all pretty good.

His character design and writing leave a lot to be desired though.

9f685b No.14476584

File: 0c29aae1b69cb23⋯.gif (3.95 MB, 200x266, 100:133, jinx.gif)

You know what? I don't fucking care that they're fucking up the genre anymore, if they're gonna do this for FF7, can they at least do this for FF6 so it can get the same love that it deserves? Fucking FF6 gets ignored by furfags and underage b&s because it wasn't 3D, but it's the best FF game ever made. Fuck off with FF7, FF7 was garbo tier. Remake FF6.

32117b No.14476590


ff6 gets constant fellation by hipsters and it's a pretty shit game with some of the worst combat in the series and moments of cringe way beyond what any game in the franchise ever did. ff6 is pure shit.

762892 No.14476608


If they remade FF6, they'd make sure to clear up all the misconceptions that made it interesting.

eb099c No.14476609

File: 63cb23d6b2fe8c8⋯.jpg (601.39 KB, 4930x3345, 986:669, 5c49a91d79cd7578bdc6eb78cd….jpg)

9951eb No.14476618

File: 96286284335d6e3⋯.jpg (142 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, XVI.jpg)

Final Fantasy XIII had two sequels - XIII-2 and Lightning Returns.

Final Fantasy XV also has two sequels - VII Remake and XVI

It all makes sense.

5e322a No.14476639





Emerald weapon isn't a mech, its a giant superweapon made by the planet. In that sense >>14476326 makes more sense.

2a0319 No.14476644


Why do people keep thinking that SE is preoccupied with SJW shit? That's not the problem. The problem is that they fuck up everything in the attempt to be "cool".

1e9c38 No.14476646


Angis philosophy isn't 16.

4029e3 No.14476648

File: 735af33e8c1af2e⋯.jpg (79.39 KB, 850x933, 850:933, 2f111f530cfa10f3c9c1967611….jpg)

File: 225e505a188fee2⋯.png (2.64 MB, 2445x1743, 815:581, 1498712254914.png)

File: 7be04866004196a⋯.jpg (267.81 KB, 1520x826, 760:413, 1516478118683.jpg)

File: 368bb1f020e3f74⋯.gif (3.09 MB, 500x400, 5:4, Tifa Tits.gif)


>Implying FFVII Remake Episode 1 will come out for the PS4

Squarenix are just trying to pass the time until the PS5 comes out. The remake will be a PS5 game, heck they even admitted that they changed Cloud's design.

d7d9bc No.14476649

File: 8e15898e49157c0⋯.png (208.53 KB, 505x495, 101:99, 8e15898e49157c0fc23f6c185a….png)


2a0319 No.14476656


People seem to think that turn-based combat was somehow because of limitations. It was not. Real time combat existed way before even the 8 bit FF shit came out. The problem is marketing toward people obsessed with making things look like a cutscene, which SE is very much invested in. FF7 without turn-based combat is not FF7.

9951eb No.14476663


It only makes my theory hold higher ground if Angis is XV-2

1e9c38 No.14476670


Case in point, Radiant Senki for the snes had real time combat with party members.

1e9c38 No.14476673

5e322a No.14476688


I feel like FFXII had a good mix between real-time and turn based, but I'd rather prefer the oldschool turn-based combat FF7 originally had. It let you forget how small the levels actually were.

bdc8ad No.14476693

Would you a 16 bit style 2D sprite remake of FFVII?

2f9d8d No.14476712


I swear to god one of the cloud transvestite costumes better be lightnings outfit.

9951eb No.14476713

File: 8162e55ec9e1039⋯.png (114.97 KB, 451x425, 451:425, FF NES.png)


8 bit version for nes exists, made by chinks.

000000 No.14476718


The Weapons are biomechs, like Evangelions. Sadly we'll never get a chance to actually pilot one on this garbo timeline. We were promised we'd be able to pilot Magitek Armor in XV and that never happened.

9951eb No.14476725


>We were promised we'd be able to pilot Magitek Armor in XV and that never happened.

Well, because Magitek armor is shit compared to warping multiple times around it and damage to a foot makes it completely vulnerable.

aae881 No.14476728

YouTube embed. Click thumbnail to play.





Kingdom hearts 2 does have allot of depth to it's combat, The problem is none of it is necessary and the game does a poor job of teaching you about it.

Embed realted is good video about this, if you actually care.

9951eb No.14476733


Almost everyone who says either FFXV or KH are "hold the attack to win" are bait posters. Fuck, there are ways to win easily without ever attacking in melee.

6eed89 No.14476740


>original hardware

Why though? Are you one of those muh crt fags?

000000 No.14476756


Magitek Armor is also much more durable than you are on foot.

ec495d No.14476758


This is a problem of bad management thinking they can just give a videogame series to a couple of guys to made it profitable like Dragon Quest except they keep fucking it up over and over and over again. They should just fucking give it to the Dragon Quest guys at this point since they have no idea how to fix this shithouse.

2f9d8d No.14476762

File: 20b1d2cb2bd27df⋯.png (793.6 KB, 800x531, 800:531, ClipboardImage.png)

File: f4b95f80950db6e⋯.png (6.04 MB, 2264x1698, 4:3, ClipboardImage.png)






Emerald weapon should look like it is made of emeralds.

5e322a No.14476773


Aren't you taking the name to be too literal? So whats Ultima weapon supposed to be made of? Ultima?

9951eb No.14476776

File: 396ee7efef18cac⋯.jpg (188.33 KB, 1235x1071, 1235:1071, serveimage.jpg)


Not after eating +1000 hp meal that also has +200 defense boost on top, while wearing HP boosting outfit.

2f9d8d No.14476781

File: 13c82fed11bb026⋯.png (174.04 KB, 480x272, 30:17, ClipboardImage.png)



Well it turns out they already used the idea.

a6b8d2 No.14476795

File: 027c40d1d2e411c⋯.jpg (156.09 KB, 445x640, 89:128, 38181_front.jpg)



>People seem to think that turn-based combat was somehow because of limitations. It was not.

There was also Tower of Radia for the NES, but that came out 4 years after Final Fantasy and 5 years after Dragon Quest.

44435a No.14476798


They're turning every minor converstion into an overwrought cutscene, like FFXIII. Combat looks like it's pure "mash X to win" bullshit, like FFXV. They not only didn't learn anything, they are actively making the same mistakes that have forced them to try and cash in on fanservice in the first place.

9951eb No.14476801

File: 8f0f278dc548394⋯.gif (12.97 MB, 440x550, 4:5, noodlehead.gif)

File: 6261b8f26e77ec6⋯.jpg (536.97 KB, 1280x1707, 1280:1707, Cloud Noodles.jpg)

Also are you ready for Cup Noodles in your FFVII?

a6b8d2 No.14476817

File: 2999b4b5b861331⋯.png (12.94 KB, 119x222, 119:222, Mr butterfly.png)



I'm an idiot, I just realized that we were talking about the same game.

203eed No.14476818

File: cae4e28f664813c⋯.png (20.82 KB, 147x352, 147:352, Icicle_FF7.png)


This guy messed up my shit when I was a kid

6eed89 No.14476819


I still can't believe that they shilled this so hard, Nissin cup noodles are the shittiest jap brand that you can get. They are poor people's food, why a bunch of gayboys with a sports car would be eating that?

2f9d8d No.14476826

File: 48707c5d8452935⋯.png (575.87 KB, 803x321, 803:321, ClipboardImage.png)

File: d4f30b67acb16eb⋯.png (160.35 KB, 500x350, 10:7, ClipboardImage.png)


Ultimate weapon has had a toy of it made, and it came in 3 colors full-color, crystal, and chrome. Considering how mech shaped it is, they could make it out of crome

97c52b No.14476828

File: 9d553ffd10043a9⋯.jpg (415.32 KB, 1280x1024, 5:4, tifa_1280_1024-794754.jpg)

The only thing I care about is how complex the combat is and if Tifa is still busty. If it's too casual like FFXV then the game is going in the trash. Otherwise, I think it could still potentially be good but I am still not willing to bet any money on it knowing SquareEnix's track record.

aae881 No.14476830

File: e8ece28adc6f694⋯.webm (3.68 MB, 852x480, 71:40, FUCK YOU ICE!.webm)


I got your back anon.


a34a5a No.14476834


>Still have to make a team to work on it

Looks like it'll just never be worked on until it dies.

44435a No.14476836


It's really fucking weird that nissin somehow found a way to make cup noodles even shittier. It's the easiest goddamned thing in the world to make.. how did they fuck it up? And then to take those shitty noodles and make them a central aspect of one of the characters you spend the entire fucking game with. A fucker who only talks about shitty junkfood noodles… What the fuck were they thinking?

22939f No.14476838

File: e5fc9d07a37eb79⋯.png (489.78 KB, 622x396, 311:198, now_get_out.png)


>I'm psyched

2f9d8d No.14476839

File: 8c9a267b1ae6400⋯.png (419.9 KB, 500x500, 1:1, ClipboardImage.png)


I think its because its cheap food that you can find on college campuses. If you primarily eat Nissin cup noodles and Mr. Freshly's, why not pick up an MMO that rewards you for buying them?

2a0319 No.14476840


Tifa needs to have Senran Kagura-tier knockers for me to buy. And Yuffie better be flat.

5e322a No.14476841


But thats the thing; they aren't mechs, they are giant monsters that take obvious inspiration from mechs.

e78d8a No.14476846


There are noodles worse than Maruchan, really?

000000 No.14476848

Aerith Lives

000000 No.14476857


Of course she does. Killing female characters is sexist.

625962 No.14476862

File: 54fe65c5afcae86⋯.jpg (Spoiler Image, 145.84 KB, 736x1055, 736:1055, 54fe65c5afcae86062c8c59031….jpg)


Wait, I didn't even watch the video… but did they fucking change the gameplay? Why would they change the only good thing about the game? It's a fucking remake. It should at least play like the original.

Well, it's not like it matters to me. I will never play it, and I can fap to best girl regardless of how shitty the remake ends up being.

39041b No.14476864

I just want to finally find out who the disembodied voice Cloud always hears is. Like the fucker talking to him in his sleep before the Rufus inauguration day, or the voice that tells him "This is not a normal reactor" in the beginning. You never find out what that voice is, now maybe I will if I actually hear it. Is it Sephiroth's voice coming through the Jenova cells Hojo shot him up with after Nibelheim burned down?

b9378a No.14476868


Yeah actually because all the backgrounds are prerendered images and probably pretty low res. They would basically need to redo the art from scratch and depending on what style they settle on it could still end up looking like trash.

Changing character models and battle arenas would be straightforward enough but still lots of work.

2f9d8d No.14476873

File: 0063b02a732669b⋯.png (174.97 KB, 537x480, 179:160, ClipboardImage.png)

File: 1d70b9a1fac0aa6⋯.png (174.06 KB, 630x630, 1:1, ClipboardImage.png)


Well, they could try to make them look more like the concept art instead. This is Ultimate weapons.


Video games cost a lot of money to make. Films also cost a lot of money to make. Unlike games, film can get money to make the films from external sources with things like product placement. Films also have a bunch of tax haven stuff and other weird shit like getting paid by a government to film part of a movie in their country. Square wants to make movies because they are less risky investment.

IMO video game product placement should take a slight cue from Demolition man, of all things, specifically the logos. It would be less awful if they at the very least made the logo and branding look like it belonged in a fantasy world.


Why buy a new game with just improved graphics when people will say the old one looked better anyway because Tifa will never be that stacked in a non chibi art style.

e78d8a No.14476876


I'm pretty sure the developers have stated that the reactor comment was a cut plotline involving them willingly summoning the weapons to take over the world or some shit.

1e9c38 No.14476879


Yeah that's stupid, as they already had the entire world.

1e9c38 No.14476885


>unlike games, film can get money to make the films from external sources with things like product placement.

Are you unaware of FF15?

39041b No.14476889


I thought it was part of the warning system at first, but Barret only reacts to the alarm and Cloud's the only one who seems to hear the voice at the time.

ec2e91 No.14476896


It's Zack.

2f9d8d No.14476897


Look at how hard it blew up in their face though? I keep hearing about so called contractual obligations for things in the game and I can only imagine they were related to the product tie ins.

2f9d8d No.14476904

File: 290f4cf87ddf34c⋯.png (178.02 KB, 420x420, 1:1, ClipboardImage.png)



They could also just use the 14 model that is based on the Ultimate Weapon archetype from 7

1e9c38 No.14476905


Every single object you camp with is a real product. Every piece of clothing is a real product. There's fucking american express.

39041b No.14476906


That actually makes sense.

5e322a No.14476915




In a movie all you need for product placement to be effective is have the characters interact with said product somehow, it can be subtle. In games, however, where the player controls the action there exists a possibility that the carefully placed product endorsement could be glossed over entirely and missed, so you need to script one scene or more where attention is drawn to the product in an obvious and unskippable way.


Looks good but Ultima and Diamond are the most orthodox of the weapons. Emerald and Ruby have unusual designs, not to mention Sapphire which only appears in an FMV cutscene, and there's a lot of ambiguity about which features they will accentuate and which they will overlook.

000000 No.14476937


>that Ultima Weapon concept art

It's like a steroid-abusing dragon wearing a dragon-sized set of Dragoon armor ate all the Wheaties in the world. Fuck, that's awesome.


I guess that depends on how rigid your definition of mech is.

5e322a No.14476955


Given how the weapons are biolgically/organically grown and are in no way "mechanical" or artificial, they aren't really mechs in the traditional sense. I suppose they fill the same role thematically though, and there's no denying that they are inspired by them.

261ebf No.14476958

File: 63efe277237c07d⋯.jpg (49.62 KB, 1280x1024, 5:4, Final Fantasy VII Screensh….jpg)

File: a1873403a5a2aba⋯.png (119.63 KB, 594x468, 33:26, Weapon_ultima_ff7.png)


That looks stupid and like as if it was designed by a middle schooler.

Its way too short, chunky and over-designed to the point that I cant take it seriously anymore. It looks like an edgy bitchlord.

The original version is superior and would of course look better with a slight redesign, more polygons and that good ol HD.

The concept art from >>14476873 also looks badass and like as if it has potential too.


I fucking love vidya dragons, even moreso when they have really cool designs.

That concept art especially gets my dick kinda hard.

2f9d8d No.14476968

File: 0b28d107d47bea8⋯.png (125.6 KB, 350x289, 350:289, ClipboardImage.png)

File: ef82d1385d3567a⋯.png (153.92 KB, 241x324, 241:324, ClipboardImage.png)


I don't doubt for a single second, that internally Square is not satisfied with the way the game came out. It went through development hell and there is no way that the product placements helped stop that and I suspect that they made some of those problems.


So put it in an unskippable cut scene, don't make a quest line out of it.

Ruby's action figure makes it look like a strange humanoid creature with ornate armor and I can dig that. Sapphire's fig is fish thing that I can also dig. Strange that Emerald never got a figure as far as I've looked which is strange.

How will that 20 min limit underwater fight play out in the new gameplay style anyway?


Yiff in hell furfaggot


Some gemstones can grow IIRC

32117b No.14476980

File: 8b1bc6f93611968⋯.jpg (15.15 KB, 300x300, 1:1, emerald weapon.jpg)


>no emerald weapon figure

oh yeah?

203eed No.14476986


Seig Zeon

2f9d8d No.14476987

File: dd063849a1d0488⋯.png (203.76 KB, 334x279, 334:279, ClipboardImage.png)



Nice try, thats a gundam, I can tell by the head as it reminds me of a zuku

Yeah no figure for Emerald alone. Go figure.

1e9c38 No.14476990


They're kaiju, not mecha.

00a8c5 No.14477029

File: 8015024429eedf5⋯.png (55.65 KB, 394x282, 197:141, 969BF5C8-56DC-4060-9AF7-F0….png)


Creepy touch

a9bd6b No.14477032


>Fuck, there are ways to win easily without ever attacking in melee.

>This means that holding X to win most fights isn't true

Wew lad.



39041b No.14477048

File: 46d34dc8d3c3af3⋯.jpg (193.21 KB, 1280x1024, 5:4, lol mods.jpg)

File: f52a4409d85bf30⋯.png (170.25 KB, 565x415, 113:83, emeraldweapon.png)


They're more mech looking to me. Who knows what kind of technology/magic the cetra used to create them. I've always wanted a FF7 spinoff about the Cetra fighting Jenova rather than the spinoffs Square has actually come up with.


Fuck everything in that sunken plane. What was Shinra thinking?

1e9c38 No.14477049


The Cetra didn't make them. The Planet did.

261ebf No.14477072

File: d8feec4e32cb37c⋯.jpg (35.43 KB, 680x676, 170:169, DW6HQrgXUAERzEp.jpg)


>mech looking

They look like a bunch of fucking polygons put together to make slightly complex figures.

Whats important about character design are the small details too but those guys are just practically geometrical blobs.

When you look at them closely you cant even tell if they are even biological or not, they are just big guys 4u thats all.

39041b No.14477087


Actually you're right.

2aac6d No.14477094


Too small.

a9bd6b No.14477100


>Senran Kagura-tier knockers

>Wanting shitty hemisphere tits

000000 No.14477101


>I fucking love vidya dragons, even moreso when they have really cool designs.

This is one of the things Square does better than every other RPG company, irrespective of how many other things they've fucked up. Then again, most of their best dragon designs were from before they became Square Enix.

>That concept art especially gets my dick kinda hard.

If you love it so much, you should go full Caim and marry it. Word is you can marry anything these days, except if it would actually be considered attractive by a reasonable non-cucked straight male.

e96877 No.14477104

This doesn't look turn based at all. It looks like an open world RPG like that skyrim garbage that isn't an RPG at all.

a6b8d2 No.14477111

File: ade35e9365749d1⋯.mp4 (151.46 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, FUCK YOU (1).mp4)

File: f7d07beed67f980⋯.png (19.58 KB, 1156x188, 289:47, Canada is funding Ubisoft.png)


>Wait, I didn't even watch the video…

The video in the OP is benis. It's just the trailer that was shown in 2015, so you haven't missed anything unless you haven't seen it yet.

>…but did they fucking change the gameplay? Why would they change the only good thing about the game? It's a fucking remake. It should at least play like the original.

"Because no one plays turn-based RPGs anymore." That's literally what some people in charge believe. And, SquarEnix already went FUCK YOU!!! to their core fanbase after claiming that "We have changed our ways" (Which pissed off everyone that bought Bravely Default).


>Films also have a bunch of tax haven stuff and other weird shit like getting paid by a government to film part of a movie in their country.

Canada does have that for games, though.

<See pic

e96877 No.14477116

Were Super Saijins just an idolization of Aryan master race?

45d4da No.14477135

File: 256ef1af4f34988⋯.jpg (121.25 KB, 800x992, 25:31, e9517ac0d95e9be6cfed86d326….jpg)

So why don't they use turn based combat and just add more depth to that? Dragon Quest and Persona sell just fine while still using turn based combat. Same with the Bravely series. I don't see why fans of the original would be upset if a remake didn't completely change the combat system but simply improved on it. They have nearly 2 decades worth of ideas from other turn based games they've made to add to this one.

I don't except the limitations bullshit excuse people like to throw around for why older RPGs didn't have real time combat when Tales and Star Ocean have been doing it since the SNES. Turn based combat is a design choice that wasn't chosen simply due to limitations.


The Emerald Weapon looks like a Zeon mobile armor.


>That's literally what some people in charge believe.

Meanwhile Dragon Quest XI and Persona 5 sell millions. I think that's just an excuse for them to not have to use a new engine after investing so much into the one they made for XV.

8b747e No.14477142


They've been saying for a while now that they want to make a combat system that looks like the fights in advent children

38c9fc No.14477152

File: 9663ceb2d8930b8⋯.png (785.72 KB, 841x473, 841:473, GVYrHAa.png)

File: 8de75876cfed383⋯.jpg (103.76 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, maxresdefault.jpg)


>Why do people keep thinking that SE is preoccupied with SJW shit?

Might have something to do with their worse-than-Treehouse localisers

86d05d No.14477153


But the fights in Advent Children looked like complete clusterfucks.

6eed89 No.14477177

File: b2c903428d2a3d0⋯.jpg (134.86 KB, 1200x675, 16:9, DKryVt8UMAA-WCt.jpg)


>second pic

Oh this looks familiar, I really wish that you stupid mutts stopped shoehorning your politics onto every game that is meant to be sold internationally when you are not even developing it.

ca7f40 No.14477179

File: 68b2cf41bc22903⋯.png (148.32 KB, 732x236, 183:59, realbeauty.PNG)



>So why don't they use turn based combat and just add more depth to that?

Because it is a cash grab and Marketing is in control. The audience they're going for is not the FFVII audience. It is the audience that recently got into video games and wanted to be around during the FFVII release so they could call themselves OGs and true FF fans. details and intricacies of care into a remake be damned; Their priority is the superficial shit like commercials, brand name deals, speculation articles, etc. You aren't getting hypemonkey's attention with gameplay of turn based combat.

>They have nearly 2 decades worth of ideas from other turn based games they've made to add to this one.

And they have nothing to show from it. They have killed off their talent or shown that what talent they do have aren't going to be used. Also it took them a decade to make gameplay like FFXV. Keep that in mind.


>But the fights in Advent Children looked like complete clusterfucks.

but anime anon. think of the anime

2f9d8d No.14477183



Shinra was thinking "maybe these can kill sephiroth" also see the figures of them and keep in mind that there was only so much they could do with PS1 tech.


Except this is a Japanese game company who wouldn't leave Japan for any amount of funding.

de4076 No.14477186


It looks a lot like Crisis Core. Why not just go with that as that game was pretty fun?


Sephiroth never was an agent of his own actions. As soon as he met his mother, he decided to go full on retarded. Genesis was just trying to not die to something outside of his control. The planet was never natural. It released the lifeforce to combat meteor via that prayer Aeriz made right before she died. Cloud should have just stayed an asshole throughout the game. The bit where he goes comatose kinda ruined that. Having said that, he was never the fag that he was in Advent Children.


The game turning out shit is what they deserved for making major changes like that.



I remember that. He really should have just died in the end rather than being left to fuck around. Having said that, it could just be stated that he decided to fuck off to parts unknown once he was no longer falling apart.


>wide hips

>nice firm bust

At least Tifa is looking good.



people supporting the cash shop is what got stuff rolling down hill. The same shit happened once dlc started taking off a decade or so ago. We stopped getting expacs and got more dlc.


>current-day localizers are pure cancer

No shit. Socjus won't leave the west until western vidya falls apart. Once all of the sjws leave vidya and the likes of EA collapse, then you'll see socjus flee back into college campuses. Of course, the left will triple down on their retardation, but there's no real cure for that.

e96877 No.14477196


>moths to a flame

That's a real saying man.

a6b8d2 No.14477208

YouTube embed. Click thumbnail to play.


>I don't except the limitations bullshit excuse people like to throw around for why older RPGs didn't have real time combat when Tales and Star Ocean have been doing it since the SNES.


>>14476795 ( >>14476817 )

>Turn based combat is a design choice that wasn't chosen simply due to limitations.

Wasn't it because they saw the table-top RPGs taking computers by storm and were just looking for a way to capitalize on that with the Famicom?


2a0319 No.14477209


Tifa has always had hemispherical tits. Bring them back.

39041b No.14477211


>also see the figures of them and keep in mind that there was only so much they could do with PS1 tech.

Well they're supposed to be creepy as fuck and absolutely were. I can imagine they will be even greater nightmare fuel when remade.

a6b8d2 No.14477212

File: cf03eb1bb9f60d8⋯.jpg (2.45 MB, 1400x5800, 7:29, updated_cuhrayzee_stolen_f….jpg)

File: b7eeac4105e205a⋯.jpg (57.14 KB, 500x706, 250:353, 68442_front.jpg)

File: 4ff590a12a16dd6⋯.jpg (410.6 KB, 640x914, 320:457, 89136_front.jpg)

File: 49a0a715f1f0655⋯.jpg (120.92 KB, 640x738, 320:369, 195081_front.jpg)

File: f58f2916a0eacc9⋯.jpg (24.88 KB, 460x215, 92:43, header.jpg)


>They've been saying for a while now that they want to make a combat system that looks like the fights in advent children

Then shouldn't they be out-sourcing their work to Platinum (Nier:A aside), or Team Ninja, or Capcom, or Gaijin Entertainment, or Q Entertainment, or THQ Nordic, or Zenith Blue, or Edelweiss, or Dragonsix? A few of them I pulled out of the air….just because.

2a0319 No.14477214


He meant the alternative facts thing. That's kind of funny, though.

646499 No.14477216

File: 227d344d7c5b8db⋯.png (107.42 KB, 556x392, 139:98, Materia_keeperFFVII[1].png)

File: 1fd11753f105ab2⋯.jpg (166.77 KB, 1920x1080, 16:9, maxresdefault[3].jpg)

File: 12feea6533df632⋯.jpg (10.37 KB, 250x250, 1:1, 770999-materia_keeper[1].jpg)


I've always loved insect dragons.

2a0319 No.14477217


Localizers != SE proper

They're not going to fundamentally change characters based on this.

8b747e No.14477219


It's probably just Nomuras autism

32117b No.14477223

YouTube embed. Click thumbnail to play.


>that chart

>no mention of sakuna

into the trash etc etc

ca7f40 No.14477226


I was always curious about Proxy Blade. Was going to buy it on release but then desura shut down

Also how was the Nintey Nine Nights series. Isn't that a DW clone?

>Legend of Korra as a curazhee game

Poster dismissed. That poster is just Platinum Dicksuckery with that game on it.

39041b No.14477229


That shit with the mogs in Type-0 cost them sales. Besides though, nu-moogles are fucking terrible anyway.

2a0319 No.14477234


That's true, but it's really just a change of pronouns. Which, means I didn't buy it, but it didn't turn one of the characters into a strong womyn of color.

61e6ff No.14477245

File: 80b05e60b5b2069⋯.gif (488.31 KB, 300x100, 3:1, tifa and dicks.gif)

File: b4375602862773b⋯.jpg (8.92 MB, 4082x8050, 2041:4025, FF dicks.jpg)

a6b8d2 No.14477249


And, added to my wishlist.

2f9d8d No.14477272


Genesis was in the secret ending of dirge of Cerberus that game nobody played because it wasn't a remake of FF7. He and Weiss "still have much work to do".

f09bc8 No.14477289


What if the reason Yuffie keeps her pants unbuttoned is because the party unknowingly caught her when she was masturbating, so she just played it off as a fashion choice?

53bca4 No.14477309


Fuck I hate that Darksiders cover so much. The colors remind me of a shitstain on the inside of a toilet bowl.

f52b5e No.14477310


Yes, they should do this. THQ Nordic and Platinum, 'cause I heard good things about these two companies.

53bca4 No.14477319


Forgot to add, the random smears of particles really adds to that.

261ebf No.14477330

File: 545b6610a468a53⋯.png (645.93 KB, 900x900, 1:1, [Bakas_Externally].png)


HA, I remember that thread.

Even found my post in that screencap.

4cfeea No.14477348

All they had to do is rerender all of the backgrounds to look good on a 4k display and not Mae the character models look like Lego men. Square is the most fucking incompetent retards.

f79bee No.14477360

File: 3c9bfd1ffa1ab02⋯.jpg (34.16 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, a69a95a814ff2f2ad5c1791a51….jpg)


That thread was pretty recent anon. Remembering it isn't that hard.

701e41 No.14477367

File: 3601bb6b2808315⋯.jpg (99.63 KB, 677x600, 677:600, FF IV.jpg)

The worst thing about FFXV, VII remake news and reading this thread is that it all makes me crave for a good Final Fantasy game. And yet FFXV certainly doesn't satisfy the desire.

I am upset about this. If i didn't buy FFXV i wouldn't want better things.

51da17 No.14477372

File: 4fca3bd93a26142⋯.jpg (69.59 KB, 248x252, 62:63, 4644.jpg)

>no Tifa

9f23fa No.14477381


> Gameplay Trailer

> It's 95% cutscenes.

e009e3 No.14477399

It will be shit.

Get used to it already.

Current Square can't create a good game.

And when they outsource, they still meddle in the development and impose committee-approved shit.

cbb642 No.14477414

File: b98a4453d5fd6a1⋯.jpg (437.24 KB, 2150x1518, 1075:759, b98a4453d5fd6a1dbdeaea1db9….jpg)

When I first played FF7, I hadn't realized that there were higher level limit breaks than what you start out with for every character, so I ended up using the basic shit up until the final boss when you're forced to use the final limit break.

Also, I hadn't realized that character levels automatically even out, so, to prevent min-maxing, I circulated party members and kept them all even. Fuck.

e0966b No.14477415

File: 8d4b7684aff7380⋯.jpg (69.17 KB, 893x769, 893:769, 0516db55405f37b7c53c72657b….jpg)


You're exactly right, Ninety Nine Nights was a pretty boring DW clone and I only bought it because I saw the chick grabbing her tits in a cutscene. That's the only reason. Thankfully I only paid 99 cents for it when the Blockbuster near me shut down.

a72fd5 No.14477428


I always assumed it was because she lost a button and was poor, so she never got it fixed.

0bebea No.14477494

File: 410537653cc3d29⋯.jpg (165.26 KB, 956x500, 239:125, squallgackt.jpg)

File: ac9fa647f78f84a⋯.jpg (55.75 KB, 640x480, 4:3, Gackt squall.jpg)


I thought Squall was the Gackt tribute?

a72fd5 No.14477513


Maybe everything Nomura does is a Gackt tribute.

e78d8a No.14477527


Probably my favorite enemy in the game outside of the axe chandelier metalhead guys in the mansion.

0bebea No.14477593


My sister was obsessed with Squall and Gackt so I remember hearing all about that shit back when FFVIII was released. I dunno.

my sis died in her early twenties, I have never been able to play through FFVIII because it's just too sad for me. Too much of her wrapped up in it. Luckily most everyone tells me it's the most shit of the classic FFs so I guess I'm not missing much

a72fd5 No.14477594


>My sister was obsessed with Squall and Gackt

I mean, she kind of deserved it, especially being in her 20s.

625962 No.14477620

File: 9eb4385b10194ca⋯.jpg (Spoiler Image, 435.59 KB, 863x1200, 863:1200, 328683 - Bonoramo Final_Fa….jpg)

File: dd575d3b68951e6⋯.jpg (Spoiler Image, 200.96 KB, 707x1000, 707:1000, 825043 - Final_Fantasy_VII….jpg)


Maybe it's for ease of access as well. Especially useful when she needs to hide all that stolen materia.


Play it again. At least that's what I would say if it really was that easy. I tried to play FF7 again after like, 10 years, and still didn't get too far. It's way too easy, and redoing the story gets pretty annoying.

>I hadn't realized that character levels automatically even out

Completely forgot about that, and didn't even notice it in my recent attempt because I didn't switch characters last time (I obviously have my favorites), but this is a really good mechanic. FF4 in particular would have been a much better game if it had done that, with characters going in and out of the party all the time, except Cecil because he's the protagonist. It actually would matter less if it wasn't in FF7. Not as much of that going on, and Yuffie and Vincent aren't part of the main story anyway. Yuffie is also the best, so you should never not use her, and you will probably want to use Tits as well, for obvious reasons, so the mechanic isn't as relevant as it should be.

1e9c38 No.14477627



Squall is explicitly based on River Phoenix.

0bebea No.14477629


No she died in her early twenties, Squall was a few years before that.

FFIX is my fav FF, V being close second.

0bebea No.14477639


I don't see it in his looks, but most of the time the faces of the FFVIII cast are like PSX pixel vomit anyways. I guess I'd have to watch some of River Phoenix's acting to see the inspiration?

a72fd5 No.14477668


I'm just being edgy, bro. Sorry to hear what happened.

b2d4a2 No.14477672


I'd stick my tits between tifa's dicks if you know what I mean.

97c52b No.14477686

File: afa3630cf03091d⋯.png (29.51 KB, 701x566, 701:566, Yuuichi Sasaki.png)




Squall confirm marry sue self-insert?


Apparently, according to this, Squall was based on Tetsuya Nomura

>That's nostalgic!

>At that time I was working for Square. The location is Meguro Gajoen's head office.

>The model of each character was in the company. Visiting the development floor, it was the world of FF 8. The model of the main character squall is Tetsuya Nomura, a character designer, and the model of Rinoa is Hiromi Masuda, president of Squatts. I met the FF model everyday.

>Mr. Nobuo Uematsu who is in charge of music was a person with style. I listened to the midi data on the company's internal computer.

>After working for four years, I was transferred to Cerulean Tower in Shibuya.

39041b No.14477696

File: fd14a4224870fcd⋯.jpg (35.81 KB, 1024x768, 4:3, Squall-Rinoa-squall-and-ri….jpg)


So he was based on a literal faggot and then unfaggified? That's slightly impressive. If a dev did that today the fags and blue hairs would be up in arms.

e78d8a No.14477706


He does seem like a deviantart-tier insert.

39041b No.14477716


Dude fuck you. Squall was okay.

7d6730 No.14477725



a9bd6b No.14477765



e78d8a No.14477776


Would it surprise you to know that I'd rather have him than any of the other protagonists we've had since then barring 9?

163a06 No.14477870




>When you just want to browse the shitposts on /v/ before bed, and see an anon demonstrate genuine human empathy for another anon

I didn't want to feel these feels

97c52b No.14477880


Lying about a dead sister on the internet to win a internet disagreement is quite machiavellian. I have nothing but respect for the mans tenacity :^)

392a27 No.14477898


>Square wants to make movies because they are less risky investment.

I'd be completely fine with every future installment of FF being a direct-to-dvd/streaming service movie. It'd be an interesting timeline.

2ca398 No.14478243


>platinum gets the contract

>cloud/zack and sephiroth get zandatsu

>red xiii and yuffie gets a ninja run

>playing as tifa turns the game into god hand

>barret/vincent play like a tps

>cid gets an actual redneck va


6fae08 No.14478516

Hooktube embed. Click on thumbnail to play.


>Cid voiced by Jeff Foxworthy or Larry the Cable Guy

I've never liked Cid having a stereotypical, generic, "lazy hick" southern accent, since it has a stigma of stupidity attached to it, and he's easily the most intelligent party member, with the possible exception of Reeve. I always thought that Cid would have a voice with a stern tone like vid related, even if it wasn't the Kansas accent, which fits much better with what his personality seems to be when you first meet him, doesn't come off as unintelligent, and would make his fits of swearing intimidating and comical at the same time.

2a5b54 No.14478529

File: fecad60e08ff3cd⋯.gif (870.49 KB, 221x174, 221:174, 1363236620670.gif)


>2nd pic

what the fuck is that barret+

pic related my sides

4d09f9 No.14478551

File: 0a4cf59f8ecf7d9⋯.jpg (9.57 KB, 300x168, 25:14, download.jpg)


Who the fuck wants this game? It was fine the way it was. We could have had an FFV or FF8 remake or an FF that actually needed a remake. But now we're just gonna get an FFXV conversion mod with more bland AKTSHUN gameplay. Way to go FF fanbase.

6f6cea No.14478595

File: 93f512bc771ad50⋯.jpeg (369.18 KB, 1200x1800, 2:3, 3B947DF3-F5CD-4F47-8F4E-2….jpeg)

>FFXV engine

>FFXV combat

Great, so it will run like a cripple and practically play itself on top of that.

b2d4a2 No.14478606


He said actual redneck.

000000 No.14478608


>FF8 remake

Now why the fuck would they want to do that?

6fae08 No.14478615


What are you getting at?

4d09f9 No.14478625


Because it was good. With a new coat of paint and tweaks to gameplay it would be a quality game. Or just remake 5 or 2, there easily the 2 FFs most deserving of a remake.

Demanding perfectly good games to be remade is just a waste of everyones time and money.

b2d4a2 No.14478638

File: b6ab27b61b736a0⋯.png (175.71 KB, 302x734, 151:367, notaredneck.png)


Larry's accent is fake. He openly admits that.

6fae08 No.14478655

Hooktube embed. Click on thumbnail to play.


He does have a slight rural accent when speaking normally, he just exaggerates it for comedic effect.

000000 No.14478659


>Because it was good.

>ok I'm taking my test

>shit it's D-Day now

>now I have to go work for some dumb bimbo with a colossal faggot and a cuckoo girl

>why am I dreaming about retards

>oh fuck we gotta kill this crazy sorceress bitch

>what the fuck you want to apologize in the middle of a mission

>oh shit I've been run through with an icicle

>what the fuck, we all grew up in an orphanage together

>a sorceress from the future is trying to murder us

>why is the narration acting like I love this chick

>gotta go illegally cross into Esthar and hope we don't get deported by Laguna Trump back over his big beautiful wall



054a17 No.14478701


Heard you talking shit, you fuck. I'm from Nebraska and I can tell you some folks here do sound like that.

4d09f9 No.14478747


I shudder to think what games you feel have quality storytelling. Anyhow, you're not refuting my premise. Incase you forgot it was, "Demanding perfectly good games to be remade is just a waste of everyones time and money."

446712 No.14478837

after XV's gameplay I really don't care what they do with this one.

2ca398 No.14478914


I don't see why it should upset you. Most of the characters have contradictory traits.

>cid is a hick rocket scientist

>red looks feral but is the most mannered character

>caith sith is the fakest member but the realest shinra exec

>yuffie is a dex character but suffers from motion sickness

>aeris is a slutty church girl

>tifa is a woman and a top tier phys damage dealer

>barret is black but didn't run away from fathering a child who wasn't his

>zack was the story's chad but never got laid

>cloud/sephiroth were gackt-inspired but have giant swords

88a7a6 No.14478924

I like how Wedge sounds like a young Penn Jilette.

That's pretty much exactly how I pictured his voice.

e009e3 No.14478990


He is a Torfag, but he is on point.

FF 8 is shit, exactly because of said plot points + spells are items.


Cloud and Sephiroth are more like Musashi and Kojiro. Cloud even has a "rowing" for a weapon.

As for Barret, the whole Weapons, Meteor, Phoenix Down and such are more realistic than his portrayal of a nigger that cares about children.

000000 No.14478999


>slutty church girl

This isn't counter to expectations at all. I've known so many church girls who turned out to be huge sluts.


I don't even care that the spells are items. It's mostly the level scaling and the shitty plot and dumb characters. Who the hell actually likes any of them? The closest I come to liking them is pitying Squall for having to put up with them.

bb2cee No.14479043


The remake use unreal engine though

446e98 No.14479049

File: f6e1c3fffc90809⋯.gif (61.05 KB, 248x328, 31:41, bobdance.gif)

>You're doing it for the planet, like us

I bet half the game is going to be dialogue that only works in text boxes.

I don't predict that the honeybee inn sequence will be censored. It will probably be cut down though, mostly because the remade game looks like an ultra-linear action RPG rather than a JRPG where you wander around. No more fetch quests, minigames, or keyhole cutscenes.


>Genesis could be in this remake

pls no


To be fair, a Nebraskan raised on a pig farm pretending to be a southern redneck is less scandalous than a Massachusetts blueblood or a California beach bum doing the same.


>yfw you got dubs

256588 No.14479073

File: e627cee70702342⋯.png (Spoiler Image, 3.49 MB, 2550x2644, 1275:1322, 3381.png)


Am I the only one who actually enjoyed ff15's combat and story?

b6d042 No.14479078

File: 1208df9f8ddfeef⋯.jpg (310.66 KB, 1200x878, 600:439, weedy.jpg)


Has cloud always looked so malnourished and weak?

ca7f40 No.14479087


after all the side stories and shoehorning cloud has been through of course he would look like death.

b6d042 No.14479088


>am I the only one who…

Kill yourself

fa0630 No.14479091


He looks like an AIDS victim

ca7f40 No.14479097


Apparently so since everyone in the FFXV thread who played it for 100s of hours hated it too or said the game wasn't good and played it anyway. The only positive I heard from that game was the fishing minigame was good and there are a couple fights with more than just one button combat.

256588 No.14479124


I have 35 hours on it and have nothing wrong with it really, got used to the English voices and I like the new combat system because turn-based games while fun can get a bit stale for me personally.

I had 70 hours in FF7 and got to the end of FF10 but never managed to finish it. Same with 13-2 but mistakes were made buying that

d77a94 No.14479721

File: 5c77ca5d67e5b21⋯.jpg (14.67 KB, 359x359, 1:1, Get Out 4.jpg)


>got used to the English voices

<Using dubs ever

e78d8a No.14479732


It actually makes sense for him to look like that but don't except the developers to extrapolate on that or even remember why.

1e9c38 No.14479749




Tifa found him strung out on a bench in a trainstation, where he'd wandered with no food and water after Zack died. He should look a bit messed up, but he was also ex-military.

e78d8a No.14479768


>but he was also ex-military

Before being left in a vat for nearly a year and riding around in the back of a pickup in a coma for a few months, yes.

1e9c38 No.14480076


The point was he should be a bit less pretty.

f52b5e No.14480103


A webcomic that I read titled, Manly Guys Doing Manly Things, states that all bishonuens are Gackt tributes, even Sora from Kingdom Hearts!

f54177 No.14480107


They are using the director that did Kingdom Hearts not the that ruined FFXV.

So we are getting KH gameplay not FFXV gameplay.

e78d8a No.14480114


I'll have you know Mako baths do wonders for your skin complexion.

4dc92e No.14480134

Why does neo-square always make it's protagonists look white but with asian eyes?

It looks fucking freaky as shit.

f52b5e No.14480151


Too used to neo-Square doing that, I'm desensitize a bit.

402b58 No.14480177

File: e085827811e3255⋯.png (106.29 KB, 558x653, 558:653, 1364724355593.png)


>The Emerald Weapon looks like a Zeon mobile armor.

4dc92e No.14480185


You can see it best with FFX, the FMVs have "ror me rikey" eyes while regular game Tidus has normal eyes, however remake Tidus went full asian.

They just keep entering the uncanny valley, and only with the male protagonist, and the leading lady.

Lighting as a female protag doesn't have this. Maybe Toriyama is the only one at square who notices that slanty eyes aren't the finest asset asians have going for them.

1e9c38 No.14480192


Haman best waifu.

e78d8a No.14480425


Apparently being "too western" is actually a common complaint towards the series in Japan, which was one of the reasons why the first expansion for FFXI added Samurai and Ninja.

4dc92e No.14480463


Weird how the series started selling worse even in japan after they started catering to japanese nerdrage.

ec495d No.14480470


Maybe it's because Japanese teenagers have horrible taste?

902389 No.14480480

Since when was this remake teaser shown? Was it after PS3 console came out?

e78d8a No.14480486


With every fan complaint I guarantee it was just the developers cherrypicking to justify their decisions. I mean for fucks sake how many times have companies just flat out ignored their entire fanbase for no reason other than "a bigger crowd of people are out there who never play games despite being marketed to millions of times before but surely I'll be the one to lure them in"?

4dc92e No.14480514


That's not how japanese companies operate. They always give in to fan pressure if there's enough of it.

e78d8a No.14480541


Which is why I don't buy it to begin with. How is FFXI more western than any of the other games in the series and if being too western was ever a problem to them, why did they wait 10 fucking games to start complaining

ec495d No.14480545


Final Fantasy still has fans? Who are these "fans" that wanted XV to be a casualized unfinished shitshow KH game with cup ramen advertising?

1e9c38 No.14480553


Companies keep thinking fan artists are the ones who buy their games, rather than simply teenaged girls who like the designs, so they write to them.

e78d8a No.14480568


Funny you say that because it seems to be that 15 has the least fan art out of any game in the series since 10.

f53cc2 No.14480569


I don't mind this model or if they go with this reference. Inb4 I get called out for being blamed for the reduction size on Tifa's original bust size try too understand this. She is a fighter and yeah I know this is a apocalyptic Sci-fi/Fantasy game but realize between what the gap difference upon the model and the tech between yesterday and now. No this isn't some SJW pandering of such if I get called out on it as it's more do you really think the super busty Tifa model would actually work fluid to the graphics and physic engines we have now today at our disposal?

1e9c38 No.14480575


Are you seriously doubting Japan's ability to make bouncy boobs?

f53cc2 No.14480584


Oh no I'm not. That shit gives them life. I'm just going on the aesthetic between the old and (potentially new) Tifa models as making everything bigger isn't always the answer.

e0bd06 No.14480589


Until ZZ. She also has some exceptionally shit taste.

cb20c9 No.14480595

Holy fucking shit that voice acting is absolute garbage. I'm gonna have to get the Japanese version if I even get this game at all.

f52b5e No.14480598

YouTube embed. Click thumbnail to play.


Does this cause doubt? I'm not sure, this TR game was my first Tomb Raider.

cb20c9 No.14480608


Goddamn that was the most painful translation I have ever read.

aaddbe No.14480609


>redrawing images and redoing character models is difficult.

it really isnt anon, wtf are you talking about? what style they settle on? nigger the style is already there, a fucking chinese animation studio could redo those images using the old images as templates in a short amount of time for low cost compared to what they would make back.

redoing graphics in a game is something people do for free without access to the games core files using simple mods.

e78d8a No.14480616


That was only published by Square. One guess which part of California developed it.

not San Fransisco for once but with biking distance

207ab3 No.14480618

File: 27dec3b7d0e37dd⋯.jpg (143.38 KB, 847x1200, 847:1200, ff7_18.jpg)


The first time I fought this dude, my first attack did exactly 3333 damage (climhazard). He has 10 000 hp. I didn't know about the lucky 7 easter egg, and got absolutely annihilated. Fun times.

I'm not going to follow the remake, not gonna watch any game footage, I want to forget they're going to crap all over my childhood. It's going to be shit, like almost everything squeenix has done since ffx. I don't have anything to add to what has already been said, it's in the same vein as ffxv, so irredeemable boring shit with no personnality.

aaddbe No.14480624



FF7 was their ace in the hole to make money since theyve been having financial problems. they kept this as their ace up the sleeve. but instead of just giving the fans what they want they make an episodic piece of shit with tons of missing content and expanded lore from AC that none of the fanbase likes.

are they literally insane? they could literally put me as the head of the project in that company, with no experience and i could make them more money than this coming trainwreck.

e78d8a No.14480629


I'm convinced a lot of Japanese companies have been compromised by foreign agents who fight to sabotage competition. No other explanation makes sense.

f52b5e No.14480646


I've always figure that the reason for doing it, FF7:Remake, as episodic was so they won't hear us whine "What's taking FF7: Remake so long?"

c99747 No.14480656



Vita doesn't have scanlines which games with static backgrounds from that era desperately need.

17674c No.14480669


>what are filters

f52b5e No.14480670


I thought that some Japanese guys were sabotaging the West and themselves, because of some of their DRM/Denuvo loving buddies got in, like Kevin Tsujihara (One of the Warner Bros. CEO or is the Warner Bros. CEO) and some of the higher ranking Bethesda guys.

What's wallbanging is that they think they're preventing loss sales.

aaddbe No.14480672

File: a2f0a6c2862e2c7⋯.png (402.21 KB, 600x845, 120:169, b088433461b023886f24959879….png)


because as soon as most people heard that their interest in the remake completely vanished? great business plan. "if they dont want our product, they wont ask for it!"


best explanation so far. it really boggles my mind. they even made a brawler type game with all the FF characters… sounds kinda cool, i go on… and none of the good female characters are in it. just the faggy looking male characters.


7777 works on enemies? i thought that was just for the players. you sure about that?

c99747 No.14480676


Vita doesn't have those either.

17674c No.14480688

aaddbe No.14480690


can you please explain why anyone would want scanlines or emulated scanlines? seems like hipster shit to me, and im a buyfag and emufag.

207ab3 No.14480695


Yep. Maybe it doesn't on other versions, but when I played the original pal release, I'm absolutely certain it happened. He got the haste effect too.

I don't know shit about the details of Japanese company stuff, but does anyone know how the squaresoft/enix fusion affected their products ? After all, even dragon quest has been shit since then, with only gacha shit and bad remakes.

e78d8a No.14480696


Lucky 7's works on anything that has a normal attack and he just happens to be the first boss in the game that meets the two requirements. A popular strategy is to poison him and, since he has exactly 10,000hp, wait for the damage to drop him down to 7,777 killing him instantly due to a bug.

c99747 No.14480706

File: 9d74f3904f3d813⋯.png (585.94 KB, 640x480, 4:3, 2018-01-28 13_04_14-Greens….png)

File: 74f5fbf4f895609⋯.png (479.8 KB, 640x480, 4:3, 2018-01-28 13_03_22-Greens….png)

File: ad0260bafb1f545⋯.png (393.05 KB, 640x480, 4:3, 2018-01-28 13_44_40-Greens….png)

File: 224c04bdcb33b4b⋯.png (677.05 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, Part 3 Screenshot 2018-03-….png)


Scanlines sharpen old game images, and also add detail to static images (sprite-based or other-wise), they also add contrast and darken the image so it has it's proper colors and look. Basically: All these old games were developed either on PVMs or CRTs with scanlines which changed the image considerably, the developers would account for this to get the best visuals out of a game. This is why old games all look washed out or too bright as well as fuzzy and lacking detail on modern monitors.

I'm not saying you should go out and buy a CRT, but at the least you should use Scanline filters when playing games basically all the way up to the PS2 era (I was recently playing Silent Hill 2 and later GTA games and noticed they benefited greatly from a scanline filter).

aaddbe No.14480732


>even dragon quest has been shit since then

i heard that new dragon quest was actually good though.


i have a CRT for my old consoles, but thats mostly for the response rate.

the lines themselves i think make those images look shittier. i never thought playing my older games on a monitor looked washed out or fuzzy.

c99747 No.14480752


Maybe you should try playing on something where you can turn scanlines on and off and then compare. I can do that with my set-up and it really shows how much better the image looks with them. If you want I can take some screenshots without scanlines and with them, but I really feel the scanlines shots I already posted speak for themselves.

4bba1a No.14480759


>This is why old games all look washed out or too bright as well as fuzzy and lacking detail on modern monitors.

I'm calling bullshit because all of the pre-5th gen games I've played have looked fine on an emulator. Nothing too bright or washed out what-so-ever.

d41c3b No.14480771

File: edf259145f9ea9f⋯.jpeg (115.97 KB, 585x742, 585:742, haman.jpeg)


Shut up nigger, ZZ was the best.

c99747 No.14480772


Did you play those games on a CRT before you played them on an emulator? Did you have both images side by side to examine it? Anecdotal evidence is nice but again I can show you direct A B comparisons. In fact let me start collecting the screenshots now.

4bba1a No.14480777

File: 5a6b51f21b56bb6⋯.jpg (1.07 MB, 1440x1401, 480:467, CosmicFantasyStories_MCD_J….jpg)




Also, I should note that the emulator visual settings I have setup were custom tuned to match the screenshots found in the manual.

<I do have a physical copy of this and that's what I used to compare

Never at any point were there scanlines.

aaddbe No.14480785


what you posted shows no comparison and cant really speak for themselves since how can they show improvement without showing original? . i dont have an emulator on this PC to make comparison screenshots, but from what i've seen and experimented with, i cant think of a single case scanlines created an improvement.

and jewgle is completely useless

f09bc8 No.14480790


>Scanlines sharpen old game images, and also add detail to static images

All you're doing is playing them through a virtual screen door. You're not sharpening anything or adding any detail.

5b1316 No.14480800


Outside of Genesis games that rely on CRT to do fake transparency (Sonic waterfall, Earthworm Jim wormhole) and interlaced content the CRT meme is more a matter of personal preference than anything else.

Only other thing I would filter is BG/GBC/GBA because the stock color on a proper screen look disgustingly over-bright and saturated.

c99747 No.14480801

File: c28cb80bd7c4a88⋯.png (1.01 MB, 1280x720, 16:9, Part 21 Screenshot 2018-03….png)

File: ad868cdb95d7c5c⋯.png (700.32 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, Part 21 Screenshot 2018-03….png)

File: e077c1076e1447b⋯.png (742.37 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, Part 21 Screenshot 2018-03….png)

File: a8eff8b5b19c029⋯.png (521.4 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, Part 21 Screenshot 2018-03….png)


Well if your emulator was tuned to match the original screenshots (assuming they were taken properly) then of course it should be fine, but you still had to do work to get it to that, even still the static images (even onces on polygons) won't be sharpened.


Here are some more clear comparisons, but just because you personally played with things and didn't like the results doesn't negate the fact that the original developers designed the game with CRTs displaying them in mind and unless corrected it looks wrong.


I'm sorry, what were you saying?

f09bc8 No.14480821


>I'm sorry, what were you saying?

All you're doing is sticking criss-crossed black lines all over the image. You're not improving anything, you're just covering up a minor portion of the image in black and claiming it's an improvement.

c99747 No.14480830


>I'll just ignore the images clearly showing the contrast and sharpness difference

Sorry, I'm not here to talk to retards.

aaddbe No.14480849

File: 82feae46ef5f1c7⋯.png (81.42 KB, 384x146, 192:73, Untitled.png)


> unless corrected it looks wrong.

overlays of lines doesnt correct anything. hence why waterfalls in sonic the hedgehog wont properly display transparency without an actual CRT.

although brighter, the image of the overworld shows better light beams in the one without scanlines, while the only benefit of the one with scanlines is it appears darker.

when i flicker between the 2 other images it just appears to go from fuzzy (scanlines) the only noticable difference is the color of the limit breaker bar.

5b1316 No.14480854

File: 06a40321b11278a⋯.jpg (308.08 KB, 1495x1120, 299:224, LHHmm8x[1].jpg)


That looks like the stock scanline filter of ePSXe, which is fucking disgusting, if you're gonna memefilter at-least go for something better than this.

Or go full retard like pic related.

4bba1a No.14480855

File: af8f884ef2bc961⋯.png (6.95 KB, 160x144, 10:9, LOZ_Oos_Din_and_Link.PNG)

File: 5be65352840519f⋯.png (36.71 KB, 1200x1080, 10:9, LOZ_Oos_Din_and_Link 1080p.png)


>you still had to do work to get it to that

Not really. applied the "MD NTSC (Blarrg)" plugin, turned on the "Filtered" setting, and turned on the "Brighten" setting.

>even still the static images (even onces on polygons) won't be sharpened.

That's because of the resolution of the picture or hardware, you twit. Taking an image at set for a specific resolution and upscaling it will, of course, cause pixelation because there's nothing for the image to reference in filling in the spaces. However, with 3D models, pixelation isn't going to happen (Outside of with the textures) because everything is as smooth as the internal resolution will allow it. If you're blowing up a screenshot taken at an internal resolution of 480p to 1080p, or even 720p, of course it's going to look pixelated. However, if the resolution was set for 720p or 1080p, then there is no pixelation.

c99747 No.14480861


So if the scanlines don't help with pixelation and clarity then why does cloud look much more detailed in my pics here >>14480801 ?

5b1316 No.14480867

YouTube embed. Click thumbnail to play.


>hence why waterfalls in sonic the hedgehog wont properly display transparency without an actual CRT.


c99747 No.14480869


Why are you bitching at me and not the fags who are saying "Scanlines are a meme"?

4bba1a No.14480872


>why does cloud look much more detailed

>more detailed


c99747 No.14480881


>it's the same fucking image

So you're willfully being autistic? Fuck off nigger, I don't have time for you.

aaddbe No.14480885

File: 52948ccba712fb5⋯.gif (3.38 MB, 315x242, 315:242, 52948ccba712fb554e2afe0bb1….gif)


>he thinks thats properly displayed.

4bba1a No.14480892

File: b7386ace983931a⋯.pdf (2.21 MB, Pixel Art Chapter 1 - Line….pdf)

File: bed34b278adc625⋯.pdf (1.66 MB, Pixel Art Chapter 2 - Anti….pdf)

File: e66e04228e7fde1⋯.pdf (3.72 MB, Pixel Art Chapter 3 - Colo….pdf)

File: 42e58ba826452fd⋯.pdf (4.73 MB, Pixel Art Chapter 4 - Read….pdf)

File: 576df56efd28ef3⋯.pdf (3.57 MB, Pixel Art Chapter 5 - Dith….pdf)


It is, the only difference I can see for scanlines is that it gives everything a "Nice outline" as if it's a cartoon. But, that outline is only replicateable on some TVs, and you're even fully sure if THAT is what the original developers were going for.

4bba1a No.14480894


>…and you're not even fully sure…

5b1316 No.14480898


Because you understand what CRTs do to the output of a game but somehow decide to showcase it with the shittiest memeline filter there is.


Feel free to provide some CRT pics to prove how wrong I am, but you won't.

c99747 No.14480906


>I can display it better

Then you take screenshots mr. bigshot-hotshit-my-scanlines-are-better-than-yours and you debate with the autists. You're clearly tryhard enough to go for it. I'm out, this is fag shit.

aaddbe No.14480920


>implying CRTs in general comes out properly in a camera.

>implying you can view dithering properly on your monitor youre looking at right now

>implying you have ever played sanic on a crt

wew lad.

thanks for letting me know you have no idea what youre talking about

5b1316 No.14480963

File: 6b5a486d599695b⋯.jpg (1.33 MB, 3280x2460, 4:3, 1375010230876[1].jpg)


See wasn't so hard getting a nice high res CRT pic of a sonic waterfall, and would you look at that it looks similar to what you can get with a filter on emulator.

Guess that's why you didn't even try.

f09bc8 No.14480980


>why does cloud look much more detailed

He doesn't. You're just a retard who sees more lines on him and think that means more detail. It's the equivalent of adding chicken scratches to a drawing and calling it "detail".

4bba1a No.14480994

File: 50757ddf49919bf⋯.pdf (1.13 MB, document.pdf)




One last thing, I went searching "official" screenshots in printed material. In the screenshots both in this book:


And in this book:



Even the Final Fantasy IX manual (The only manual I could find because Replacmentdocs is down) doesn't have any scanlines.

So, there goes your entire argument.

aaddbe No.14480998


>he thinks it looks the same on camera that it does in person

have you never seen a CRT irl? just how old are you?

17674c No.14481021


>he doesn't have a CRT filter installed on his eyes

e009e3 No.14481043


The only thing that matters is for her to have big tits and be pretty.

Semantics mean nothing.


The probable truth.

Most Presidents and CEOs of companies in Japan don't give a damn about anything as long as they are assured that money will flow in.

With foreigners dealing with directly "translating" what fans "said", they can pretty much lie about everything to convince the companies' owners to make the games to their (foreigners) taste, instead of doing what the fans want.

If they are indeed saboteurs, the doors are open for them to destroy a company from within.


You need to remember that in the 90s, by the time of the first Parasite Eve, Square partnered with Electronic Arts.

That says everything about the low capacity of decision making that this shitty company have.

aaddbe No.14481049

File: 10ee9e7697edd4a⋯.webm (7.63 MB, 640x360, 16:9, mario kart victory clappi….webm)


>Even the Final Fantasy IX manual (The only manual I could find because Replacmentdocs is down) doesn't have any scanlines.

>So, there goes your entire argument.

bravo anon. good find.

5b1316 No.14481123

File: 6ae4a36ba659ded⋯.jpg (926.21 KB, 2304x1728, 4:3, MUHCRT.jpg)


I dunno anon, there's this big bulky plastic and glass thing left of my monitor that I plug my older consoles into, is that a CRT by any chance,

aaddbe No.14481163


oh, so you have the means to prove me wrong but dont want to?

5b1316 No.14481206


>oh, so you have the means to prove me wrong but dont want to?

As you've said yourself

>>implying CRTs in general comes out properly in a camera.

>thanks for letting me know you have no idea what youre talking about

You're not gonna admit anything so why would I spend an hour getting my Genesis out of storage for you to be a bitch and deny you're wrong regardless?

aaddbe No.14481220


so your CRT is just sitting there not connected to anything? or do you agree that crt doesnt come out right on camera which would mean your request was purely out of your own mental retardation?

5b1316 No.14481264


My CRT is connected to a PS2, I don't have any desire to bother setting an emulator just to shit on your opinions nor do I think there's another way to play Sonic on it, my actual Genesis isn't anywhere close to me right now and I'm not gettiong out to get it to shit on your opinions either.

Point is, I have a CRT, I played Sonic on it at some point, emulators with filter gets an output that is similar to it transparency, there's already a proper picture posted earlier so taking any extra effort to produce another is redundant, if you don't wanna persist spreading bullshit that's on you, you can resume shilling your retro memestry.

aaddbe No.14481296


>setting an emulator

to prove your argument, you'd just have to turn it on and take a picture of it to show how it looks the same in pictures or video as it does in real life.

5b1316 No.14481423


So you want me to take a picture/video of my screen to prove it looks the same on a picture as it does to the naked eye despite you having an already completely established opinion on that subject which is that it doesn't (and that's ignoring a few factors like me sucking at photography and having a shit camera which ultimately will look worse than the proper 4k shot that's already there), that totally does not sound like a completely circular argument.

97c52b No.14482195


>implying KH's "gameplay" is any different then FFXV




97c52b No.14482196


thank google translate.

a9bd6b No.14482390



Kill yourself

ee5702 No.14483218

File: e7ce4ac16027eca⋯.jpg (12.48 KB, 240x255, 16:17, smug_2b.jpg)


When did it suddenly become cool and fashionable on /v/ to pretend Automata's a bad game?

e78d8a No.14485145


Learn how to read you subhuman redditor.

[Return][Go to top][Catalog][Nerve Center][Cancer][Post a Reply]
Delete Post [ ]
[ / / / / / / / / / / / / / ] [ dir / ausneets / cafechan / hydrus / kc / leftpol / pdfs / quorious / shame ]