[ / / / / / / / / / / / / / ] [ dir / 1970floe / 3rdpol / arepa / clang / had / hkpol / ss / vichan ]

/vg/ - Actual Vidya Games

We do what we wanadoo
Expect frequent attacks during the next two weeks as we approach the US midterm elections.
September 2018 - 8chan Transparency Report
Name
Email
Subject
Comment *
File
Password (Randomized for file and post deletion; you may also set your own.)
* = required field[▶ Show post options & limits]
Confused? See the FAQ.
Embed
(replaces files and can be used instead)
Oekaki
Show oekaki applet
(replaces files and can be used instead)
Options
dicesidesmodifier

Allowed file types:jpg, jpeg, gif, png, webm, mp4, swf, pdf
Max filesize is 16 MB.
Max image dimensions are 15000 x 15000.
You may upload 5 per post.


Welcome to /vg/, now under new, new management.
[Rules] [Log]
[ /agdg/] [ /animu/] [ /hgg/] [ /htg/] [ /radcorp/] [ /tg/] [ /vr/] [ /vp/]

File: 9856b9af606309d⋯.png (4.16 MB, 2560x1440, 16:9, Current Year 61.png)

22d4b4  No.47217

Apparently it's going to be at E3.

CD-Projeckt says it's going to be third person with first person elements, but an RPG first and foremost.

Hopefully that means it's not going to be some cover based dreck like Nu-Deus Ex.

Apparently, they've put up job positions for "Large Crowds of NPCs" in the past (Pic Related)

I also heard that the game is basically going to feature unique bandit factions in the form of distinctive gangs that you can join/and do quests for.

Triple S League described it as "Being able to go up to the Clown Gang and getting a unique quest chain for them and possibly befriending them afterwards."

Also interesting is the game is going to have different career paths your character can take as roles.

>Cop (police)

>Max Tac Police (augmented SWAT police)

>Corporate (businessmen)

>Netrunner (Le epic hackerman)

>Nomad (basically mad max biker gangs)

>Fixer (Smuggler, info broker)

>Rockerboy (80's style rockstar that plays like a bard class)

>Solo (Mercenary)

>Techie (Technician, robotics, hardware)

>Panzerboy (Pilot, has a neat WW1 reference)

>Media (Player takes on role as freelance journalist, able to uncover large scale conspiracies)

Very intrested in how CDPR is going to be implementing these classes into the game. Expectially interested in the Media Class.

The Panzerboy name has an intresting back story:

Exerpt from Wiki:

"The term comes from the period following the end of World War One. The Belgians raised tariffs on cheaper Dutch dairy products. To counter this, smugglers would drive trucks loaded with milk, cheese and eggs over the border to sell to the Belgians, where those foods were more expensive. Gangsters started hijacking the shipments, so the drivers started modifying their trucks into armored cars called "Panzers" (tanks). The smugglers began to be called "Panzerboys".

7555f6  No.47218

y-y-you mean it's not dead?


22d4b4  No.47219

>>47218

No Anon it's not dead.

Though if it fails to sell then Poland's export economy will be. :^)


7555f6  No.47220

>>47219

do we have any gameplay footage or that shit is e3?


2f492f  No.47222

File: 8edb7e95c33ef08⋯.jpg (120.49 KB, 782x520, 391:260, yt.jpg)

>western cyberpunk rpg


30f388  No.47224

>>47222

Why don't you like it ?


22d4b4  No.47225

File: 284835f78a600cc⋯.jpg (87.55 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, maxresdefault.jpg)

>>47217

Also forgot to mention CDPR has confirmed multiplayer for it.

My bet is since the game is class based and based around a pen-and-paper it's probably going to be co-op.

>>47220

Nope my geuss is CDPR is probably trying to pull the same gimmick that Fallout 4 pulled.

>Oh hey, here's our game! It comes out in 6 months.

>Launch mobile app thingy to keep peoples attention on the game up until release.

>Normies proceed to buy up Fallout 4 in mass before the rot sets in.

F4's marketing was apparently so successful that their are A LOT of publishers who wanted to replicate it for their flagship titles.

Rockstar wanted do the same with Red Dead by tieing in their players intrest on GTA5 Online.

They released their first trailer ready to start their marketing campaign, but it was a misfire. (pun intended)

Development got backed up so badly that they had to delay the title by about a year and

slap on a complementary Battle Royal mode to excuse their valve-tier development speeds.

Now RDR2's Marketing Campain is a mess and the game is already old news come E3


7555f6  No.47226

>>47225

lets hope not


1ec7a7  No.47229

File: ecbcae83c7c40dc⋯.png (59.71 KB, 264x246, 44:41, ecbcae83c7c40dcc96bc44b0b9….png)

>>47217

I really hope it's going to be good.

>>47225

>multiplayer

Fuck.


7555f6  No.47230

>>47229

what if it's more like divinity original sin


22d4b4  No.47231

>>47226

I think the app their going to drop is going to be the new version of the pen and paper game.

They've worked very close with Mike Pondsmith, the owner of the franchise,

and his studio is set to publish a new edition of the PnP game (also named Cyberpunk 2077) this year.

They've already said they are working on making it accessible via mobile devices.

Idk how much normies are going to enjoy "Cyberpunk DnD" on their Iphones though, since thats basically what it's going to be.


522c6d  No.47232

>>47231

I doubt anyone remembers they are making this game besides the ones keeping an eye on it. Expect people to shit themselves during the showing though. I just want a good cyberpunk game dammit.


7555f6  No.47233

>>47231

so we're looking at something like roll20 but more basic


22d4b4  No.47235

>>47229

CDPR knows their base likes single player RPG's

They've stressed many times before that the multiplayer is going to be optional, the game is built for single player, no lootboxes, yada yada yada.

It's only their words though so we'll have to see how it goes.

I'm just glad this game isn't going to have denuvo shit in it.

Would be horribly hypocritical of them to do that, considering they made their money pirating western games during the cold war.

I wonder if Pirates and Non-Pirates will be able to play together?


22d4b4  No.47237

File: 00228604f4ea406⋯.jpg (12.01 KB, 248x248, 1:1, Checked.jpg)

>>47233

Ya, looks like this one is going to be more up /tg/'s ally.


7555f6  No.47238

>>47237

/tg/'s dead though


22d4b4  No.47239

>>47238

Dead inside maybe,

But unfortunately no, they are not dead as a board.

(polite sage)


545f79  No.47241

>>47219

>then Poland's export economy will be.

Poland's main export is nurses and doctors to keep elderly germans and britbongs alive.

I wish western countries started closing borders to Poles so angry people would start killing politicians to ensure that taxes are lower and quality of life comparable to the migration target countries would be achieved

>>47229

It's also multiplatform, so whatever they promise won't be delivered because lolconsoles.

See MGS V the phantom content, or Glitcher 3: The wild downgrade

>>47232

>I just want a good cyberpunk game dammit.

You're living in it.


22d4b4  No.47243

File: 90a720ce71502ac⋯.jpg (24.18 KB, 400x400, 1:1, NPopcuha_400x400.jpg)

>>47241

>Multi

>Platform

Oh fucking hell god damn it, just make a PC version then have the console shitters take the downgrade.

God damn it. God damn it. God damn it.

My expectations just got a wild downgrade.


7dc7ea  No.47245

File: ef927ecb0002f51⋯.png (599.67 KB, 841x921, 841:921, ef927ecb0002f515da4804c3c2….png)

>>47217

>Consoles

>CDProjekt afted it became a publicly traded company

It's going to be mediocre shit

>>47222

>Western

Back to >>>/v/ weeaboo


22d4b4  No.47247

>>47241

Are you from Poland Anon?

What's the public view of CDPR over there?


267ea6  No.47248

>>47241

>You're living in it.

He said good.


89cb2d  No.47252

>>47217

What's the bet they'll somehow make it a tab targetting themepark MMO?


545f79  No.47253

>>47247

They're alright I guess, people seem to enjoy Gwent, GOG etc.

Video games aren't very mainstream in Poland other than AAA advertisement on TV or huge ads on buildings like for GTA V.

I'm not very keen on them getting government funding because government doesn't have money and making the debt worse makes sense only if you're capable of murdering all your debtholders.

I'd like Cyberpunk to be good but I'm skeptical due to the multiplayer and it being a multiplatform game.


636b9c  No.47350

File: cc894a8726f232a⋯.png (1.23 MB, 1920x1080, 16:9, NEVER EVER 2077 cyberpunk.png)

>>47253

>I'd like Cyberpunk to be good but I'm skeptical due to the multiplayer and it being a multiplatform game.

Considering that they've only made single player games at least they can't fuck up the multiplayer if they attempted it

The multiplatform part however is pretty damn ominous

Still part of me is saddened that it wont be EYE 2.0


89cb2d  No.47352

>>47350

>E.Y.E. 2.0

Not even the E.Y.E. devs say they want to make that.


160a82  No.47362

File: fab611872cc9252⋯.jpg (14.34 KB, 300x266, 150:133, am.jpg)

>>47217

Where are the religion cultists?

>inb4 corporate


636b9c  No.47366

File: 08ca18f7ae52776⋯.jpg (172 KB, 500x708, 125:177, EYE Divine Cybermancy in 6….jpg)

>>47352

I think they must have lost all their talent some where between EYE and deathwing because they come across as completely different games

Yes I'm aware that terminators would look a bit silly if they moved liked people did in eye, however that is closer to lore-wise as their supposed to move at ridiculous speeds

Also EYE was kind of a clusterfuck of a game, a fun clusterfuck but a clusterfuck nonetheless probably because it was made by thew french

I mean what reasonable co-op game lets you have 32 players in a single map?

all for the single purpose of completing a level that can be done by a single person?


89cb2d  No.47370

>>47366

I meant more for E.Y.E. 2 they want to make SWAT 5


e6eb2d  No.47493

>>47241

>because lolconsoles.

>MGS V the phantom content

I wouldn't blame Kojima's ultra shit-tier managment at Konami and constant leasure trips as "consoles' fault", especially when MGS was a console IP and PCfags got their (superior) scrap

I wouldn't know about the Witcher 3, thou


5bb502  No.47505

>>47493

MGSV needed extensive gutting and reworking late in the cycle to get it to run on PS3.


75de23  No.47507

>>47217

I've always hated journalists. Anyway, why WWI?


75de23  No.47508

>>47505

proof pls


75de23  No.47509

>>47225

>multiplayer

Aaaand into the trash it goes.

But wait! There was no implication that it was multiplayer only, so it's okay, >>47229!


75de23  No.47510

File: 2329d448dafe81a⋯.png (436.62 KB, 640x472, 80:59, shitpostHet.png)


b27d88  No.47512

File: 636644560752f96⋯.png (87.63 KB, 1000x1000, 1:1, 636.png)

>>47217

>thread on a video game

oh cool this looks–

>it's not out yet

>it's a buzz thread


7dc7ea  No.47513

>>47493

>The Sonygger consoleautist now comes to /vg/

Reminder that consoles are holding back gaming and doubly so this gen where all consoles have cheap weak hardware so that their manufacturers could make a profit from the get go instead of at a loss with half decent hardware like every previous year.

Your normalfag box is shit son


5bb502  No.47514

>>47508

Don't remember, but it was because the PS3 only has 512MB of RAM.


e6eb2d  No.47516

>>47513

I don't like that guy you mention either, but it's the whole truth

Even without consoles, the devs would still dumb it down because almost nobody in slavonia, spiclandia nor chinkuria can buy decent graphic cards nor processors

Face it buddy, your good machine wouldn't be standards even without consoles

Also i came here to post decently like we did in the old days, don't markpost because we aren't in that turf anymore


1df2a2  No.47518

File: e840729b90645de⋯.png (1.87 MB, 983x1073, 983:1073, rage 4.png)

WHY CANT THEY MAKE A GOOD CYBERPUNK GAME GOD DAMMIT


cab00d  No.47519

>>47518

have you tried deus ex yet? :0)


1df2a2  No.47523

File: 093ef14d6568416⋯.jpg (30.77 KB, 480x425, 96:85, 14572173_1180392278683904_….jpg)


3a2a9e  No.47524

>>47518

Because its a setting that is inherently incompatible with design by committee and that's how modern AAA games are made.

>>47513

>Reminder that consoles are holding back gaming

This was probably true during the 2007-2012 'everything must be a brown fps' period but right now sheer greed and incompetence is what's causing most damage to gaming on any platform.

Actually even during that 2007-2012 period what was wrong wasn't so much consoles as it was devs making multiplats that had to appeal to both markets. When consoles got console games and PCs got PC games as was the case in the 80s and 90s there was no problem, once they started trying to force genres that had no place on consoles (e.g. FPS) onto them the issues started.


1df2a2  No.47526

File: 1b7979e950f2255⋯.jpg (61.38 KB, 1024x1024, 1:1, 1490600313699.jpg)

>>47524

yeah i know


7dc7ea  No.47527

>>47524

>sheer greed and incompetence is what's causing most damage to gaming on any platform.

Undeniable, however, my argument still stands.

Most games have to be 1080p and some 60FPS due to demand for higher standarts right after their E3 announcement and thus these weak ass bricks can't squeeze in anything gameplay related that's too demanding and even then they still struggle.


0c5fd9  No.47528

File: 813029bd3334527⋯.jpg (773.17 KB, 2048x2048, 1:1, shick hydro.jpg)

>>47527

This 60 fps standard shit needs to die. Being the owner of a 144hz monitor or higher is a nightmare because of this. At least older read good games have the ability to go 120+


3a2a9e  No.47531

>>47527

>Most games have to be 1080p and some 60FPS due to demand for higher standarts right after their E3 announcement and thus these weak ass bricks can't squeeze in anything gameplay related that's too demanding and even then they still struggle.

The correct answer to this would be to optimise, nothing says a modern console can't handle 1080p + 60fps at the cost of prettiness elsewhere. Optimisation is a dead art though which again comes back to greed because they'd rather pay for 5 crap programmers than 1 good one.


3a2a9e  No.47532

>>47528

60fps is the minimum you should aim for on reasonable hardware but the game shouldn't be in any way capped to that, if you've done everything right then ~5-6 years later someone should be able to come along and brute force it at whatever fps they want. Obviously if you're doing the dumbshit thing of tying physics to framerate this does not apply but any developers who think that was ever acceptable even on consoles framerates are not guaranteed to be steady given things like overheating need to be lined up against a wall and shot.


0c5fd9  No.47537

>>47532

I don't know the first thing about game development, so I can't say anything about that. I play games that have physics tied to framerate and I always wonder how in the fuck that is even possible. Rockstars old PC ports are some of the worse contenders. Going above 30 fps breaks things like swimming, being able to turn a vehicle, only being able to turn while burning out in one direction, HUD spasms, etc. Far Cry 2 makes every NPC bounce more and more violently the higher the FPS. Dues Ex seems to have issues above 120, but I haven't experienced them because I haven't been curious about them. Is there is an /agdg/ anon in here that could explain why devs tie physics to framerate in Laymans terms? Is it a shortcut?


267ea6  No.47544

>>47537

It has to do with timers. Different engines handle timers differently, but most of the time timers get fucked up if the FPS goes too high or too low, because the game drawing gets updated too fast or too slow for the timer. I don't think most devs are actually retarded enough to tie things to the FPS itself since any minute changes in FPS would mess things up. Feel free to prove me wrong though.


d7cea7  No.47664

What is the number one way this game is going to disappoint you anons?


1ec7a7  No.47675

>>47664

If you can't be a hot babe robot like in the early promos.


d97241  No.47679

>>47352

>>47366

I recall them saying on Twitter that they'd like to make EYE 2 at some point, but their work with Deathwing takes priority

I'd be interested to know how much of the studio is still around though


d97241  No.47680

>>47350

>>47253

I seem to recall reading that the multiplayer aspect of 2077 was dropped and that it'll likely be a singleplayer-only game


545f79  No.47688

>>47664

lack of freedom or worse yet, bethesda™ Freedom™ where you can in fact go anywhere and do anything but with no consequences or the world's reaction.

>>47493

Konami fucked up by requiring it to work on X360 and PS3 as well as giving 50 million to a known hack fraud. Kojima fucked up by releasing ground zeroes, squandering 50 million dollars on song licenses and chief Kief, there was no way to redeem the absolute dumpster fire of a story TPP has.

>>47523

Keep playing Divine Cybermancy and Deus Ex until you absorb them, and only then build your own game from the scratch.

>>47516

>Even without consoles, the devs would still dumb it down because almost nobody in slavonia, spiclandia nor chinkuria can buy decent graphic cards nor processors

>can't just make unoptimized shit because third worlders won't buy it

>this cuts into profits

>need to optimize or not have sales


636b9c  No.47690

>>47680

I read that too anon

I thought other anon was referring to the lack of multiplayer rather than its addition

I mean technically cyberpunk was supposed to be a multiplayer game which means a lot of anons will be disappointed


d97241  No.47691

>>47690

Yeah I agree. I was at least hoping for some sort of co-op component to play it with friends.


636b9c  No.47693

>>47691

co-op would be fun

do you think they'll add it in at any point?


7dc7ea  No.47695

>>47516

>I came here to post decently like we did in the old day

None of your posts are decent because you only spout rhetoric, doesn't matter where or how you post.


d97241  No.47696

>>47693

Hard to say without knowing exactly how the game plays. From the dev comments I get the feeling that it's something they want to do, they just haven't worked it out yet.


1ec7a7  No.47698

File: 350b4f56e820c1c⋯.png (69.18 KB, 385x410, 77:82, 350b4f56e820c1ce2c0870b73b….png)

>>47695

This is a no-bully zone.


e6eb2d  No.47715

>>47695

>rhetoric

It's facts, something you can't post due to being numb-minded about evil boogeymen machines


3a2a9e  No.47720

File: 2fcc37588b76295⋯.jpg (46.11 KB, 256x320, 4:5, Saints_Row_2_Game_Cover.jpg)

>>47698

Strictly speaking he's neutral on bullying, not anti.

>>47537

> I play games that have physics tied to framerate and I always wonder how in the fuck that is even possible. Rockstars old PC ports are some of the worse contenders. Going above 30 fps breaks things like swimming, being able to turn a vehicle, only being able to turn while burning out in one direction, HUD spasms, etc. Far Cry 2 makes every NPC bounce more and more violently the higher the FPS. Dues Ex seems to have issues above 120, but I haven't experienced them because I haven't been curious about them. Is there is an /agdg/ anon in here that could explain why devs tie physics to framerate in Laymans terms? Is it a shortcut?

In most cases it's a shortcut yes, please note that I'm not very good at /tech/shit so this is probably all phrased wrongly but it's close enough.

The basic idea is that you need some sort of consistent unit to say when you'll step forward the game's physics/engine (sort of): it saves you a lot of work to just say 'each frame advances the timeline by x' since you're already doing frames for the graphics and then assume that fps will always be stable rather than coding some other way of consistently providing a basic unit to work with. The supposed benefit is consoles will always have identical hardware so if you optimise they'll never dip below 30fps and you can easily prevent them from going above it but then you have overheating and badly made levels which fuck that. Some games like picrelated actually tied it to CPU speed instead which is completely and utterly retarded since on PC if your CPU is faster or slower than the one the 360 had the game runs super fast. The specific example brought up of San Andreas was intentional and is why the PC version comes with a frame limiter: if you uncap it the physics goes crazy.

Pretend you're shooting for 30fps and you're saying each frame will advance the game by 10ms: you calculate what happens in those 10ms (e.g. object moves slightly) between each frame and both render that frame (that is the graphical output) and have it change in the game's engine. Nothing says that what you see has to be the same as what's actually going on in the game obviously but it's easiest to tie those two together, the other reason devs do this is that if you uncouple framerate from physics and don't code your game properly what you see on the screen can be different to what the game thinks is actually happening because the game is updating faster than the FPS can keep up with. There are some other subtleties like running at a higher FPS than your refresh rate helping with input lag but ask someone else about that.

>>47544

>I don't think most devs are actually retarded enough to tie things to the FPS itself since any minute changes in FPS would mess things up.

No it's quite intentional. Putting a hard maximum limit on fps isn't difficult (usually no more than 30fps) and the theory is you can guarantee it never goes substantially below 30 by optimising your game. It regularly fails in the real world but there you go.


21ef18  No.47785

File: c9db2ff11386ccb⋯.jpg (49.33 KB, 281x383, 281:383, issac_.jpg)

>>47695

>>47715

Rhetoric—and you believe it! Don’t you know where those shitposts come from?


0c5fd9  No.47792

File: 7e9848b03bc9981⋯.webm (693.83 KB, 320x240, 4:3, I_like_what_you_posted_th….webm)


139705  No.48096

Whats the bet it will force you to log into GOG Galaxy to play?


1295c3  No.48345


21ef18  No.48824

>>48096

Of all the things I don't trust CDProjekt about that's actually one of the few I can't see them pulling.


3a2a9e  No.49329

>>48824

Never underestimate greed anon.


982540  No.49379

>>47537

>>47720

Going the other way around you can have this bullshit , lower fps=worse click detection https://youtu.be/15zf7NGlYX4?t=5m2s

it doesn't want to be embeded


fea9e2  No.49384

>>49379

That's because you skipped to a time anon. Just webm it for fucks sake.


22d4b4  No.49482

>>47693

>>47691

Oh for Christ's sake read the thread.

I said like three times this is based on a pen and paper game.

Use your brains, do you really think CDPR is going to take a table top RPG and spin it into some Fortnite/COD clone?

Where the main concern lies is in the fact that even if they do implement Co-Op it could still take away from the standard of story-telling/role-playing experience that was established with Witcher 3.

Even if they don't end up implementing multiplayer into the game, them factoring it into the design process could cause story development and player choice to be ham-stringed in the process.

Sorry for the small rant.


0b999a  No.49484

File: f8e3d03648cb925⋯.jpg (90.25 KB, 765x772, 765:772, 1335723432218.jpg)

>>49482

>do you really think CDPR is going to take a table top RPG and spin it into some Fortnite/COD clone?

Considering the current state of the video game industry?


5b8194  No.55355

>Cyberpunk 2077 only now trademarked

Were they not serious about making the game until now?

http://archive.fo/DLqGi


636b9c  No.55366

File: 9ec262716b61b25⋯.png (75.36 KB, 324x242, 162:121, Nana blushing embarrassing….png)

>>55355

>Cyberpunk 2077 only now trademarked

WEW


5de9fb  No.55375

>Be CDProjectRed

>Make trailer for a Cyberpunk game that you have no intention of making as a joke

>Everyone loves it and demands to when the game is going to be released

>Investors start calling you up and demanding to know whats happening and if you don't get a move on they'll pull out

>Can't turn around at this stage and say "It's a prank bro!" otherwise you'll lose a lot of shekels

>Don't have a team capable of making game

>Decide to delay as long as possible to try and assemble an actual team

>All while pressure continues to mount asking "Where is game?"

>Start to lose money when everyone loses patience

>Decide that you have to do at least something

>Finally trademark game name to imply that the game is in development

>Hope that nobody will catch on to the fact you have no game and no devs and keep the charade going even longer


636b9c  No.55517

File: 0685d1527caefc3⋯.png (552.21 KB, 1221x1080, 407:360, Laughing men Women never g….png)

>>55375

>Can't turn around at this stage and say "It's a prank bro!"

Is this the equivalent to publishers shitposting?


df7fd7  No.55581

>>55517

>Publishers Shitposting

You ever seen Devolver?


1ea6d4  No.55656

Remember, keep an eye on the E3 announcement.


a53c3f  No.58354

File: f5af8e1c8ff7f24⋯.jpg (522.42 KB, 1555x517, 1555:517, cuckpunk.jpg)

Heh


89cb2d  No.58357

File: f3fe8b238064727⋯.png (92.46 KB, 250x346, 125:173, sheeeit.png)

>>58354

We got no gameplay as expected. Just an interview with a lot of buzzwords saying what they intend to make the game and where their inspiration is from but nothing that actually tells us squat.


96ed5a  No.58360

>>58357

the gameplay will show us that it's nothing more then a desu ex clone


1c78ca  No.58371

File: 84e3341f8381fd3⋯.jpg (169.19 KB, 1024x1024, 1:1, CqO3WcUXEAATj90.jpg)

>>58360

If it's a modern day version of Deus Ex I will actually be okay with this.


545f79  No.58652

>>58360

if it's a clone of original deus ex it'll be a game of the decade, if nu-dude sex it'll be trash.


89cb2d  No.58761

>>58360

>>58371

>>58652

They said it will be like old Deus Ex apparently. If you were to make that today (((normalfags))) would cry about it being bad. /vg/ would eat it up though


a53c3f  No.58767

>>58761

They're already crying about the first person perspective.


89cb2d  No.58769

>>58767

They want ASSassins Cyberpunk or some shit like that I'd wager.


11dea3  No.58888

forgive me I've never played deus ex what's so great about it? is invisible war better than the modern games?


1ec7a7  No.58894

File: 268e5fdcaa0c937⋯.jpg (19.9 KB, 438x438, 1:1, 268e5fdcaa0c9375717d0c9316….jpg)

>>58888

wasted trips


c2fc00  No.58896

>>58894

Those are wasted quads you triple nigger


1ec7a7  No.58897

>>58896

fug, feel free to bully me


a53c3f  No.58902

File: 0ea97ff315e7119⋯.png (358.36 KB, 903x1080, 301:360, kyouko.png)

>>58897

STUPID BRATPOSTER


545f79  No.58907

>>58888

>is invisible war better than the modern games?

Unless you let journalists shape your opinions, yes.

Story is better, level design is equally poor, casualised compared to original but not nearly as dude sex hummus production or dude sex mankink provided


5d0212  No.58923

What is wrong with Mankind Divided?


545f79  No.58938

HookTube embed. Click on thumbnail to play.

>>58923

>Continues all the retarded shit from HR

>Muh pure hologram OC waifu elisa do not steal!

>story ends 1/3rd in

>this time the theme is "racism is bad, because when a group that has an exclusive chimpout virus they'll become literal niggers when you segregate them to protect normal people from further chimpouts"

>THIS TIME YOU HAVE NO EXUSE TO NOT BE A NON-LETHAL SNEAKMAN

>denuvo

>tech is more advanced than in Original Deus Ex including full VR and holograms that can fool everyone and act as news anchor

>monopoly over information is controlled by a single entity, instead of multiple ones conspiring sniffing out the threats to our democracy


11dea3  No.58976

>>58938

>THIS TIME YOU HAVE NO EXUSE TO NOT BE A NON-LETHAL SNEAKMAN

explain please, anon


545f79  No.59045

>>58976

Usually non lethal in games is an added challenge, like MGS 2,3, 4 Peace Walker, where it's also a requirement for highest rank which limits the amount of tools you can utilize progressing through the game,

In DX 1 it was wonky and mostly to make you feel good while having the added difficulty of either guards spastically running around then falling asleep or aiming precisely for their kidneys with the baton because around that area 2 hitboxes colluded which let you deal more damage

In HR you were given stun gun and a tranq rifle, which the game wants you to do because you get more XP for non-lethal takedowns

In MD they added a fuckton more silent, non lethal, there's an (aug with an auto-aim lock on that's silent and instant and non lethal for example) tools because challenges are racist.


fea9e2  No.59050

File: 073f67ddf0f7003⋯.gif (1.44 MB, 720x720, 1:1, 1448192005099.gif)

>mfw it's just watchdogs 2.5


545f79  No.59085

>>59050

Watch Dogs would've been great if you could become a serial killer and Police would hunt for you based on the victims you kill, giving you titles and shit based on your targets and methods.


986451  No.59405

>>59085

So an over the top Hitman?


545f79  No.59461

>>59405

Not quite, since in hitman you get targets given to you

Unless you mean something like contracts mode in the new ones, then it'd be kinda like that

it'd be fun to have a murder city sandbox where your goal is to elude the police while going for unlockable playstyle and endurance/death toll achievements


15018a  No.59672

>>59461

I swear there's been a game like this before but I can't put my finger on what it was called.


4bea4e  No.60007

I like how everyone has lost any hype they now had for Cyberpunk 2077.


742e98  No.60038

>>60007

The Witcher doesn't appeal to me in the slightest and the gameplay looks shit, so when the same company says they're making a cyberpunk RPG I don't have high hopes. They're promising quite a lot and people are gushing over the exclusive gameplay shown, but I can't help believing that it's going to be another Fable or Spore after release.


1ec7a7  No.60204

>>60007

I try not to get hyped for anything, period, but I am still looking forward to Cyberpunk more than pretty much anything else.


ae06bc  No.60356

>>60007

It is because /vg/ is not reddit. We do not hype ourselves up for failure here.


000000  No.60414

>Apparently, they've put up job positions for "Large Crowds of NPCs" in the past (Pic Related)

Carnaval was one of my favorite levels in Blood Money. Hope we're all going to have as much fun in 20077 as we had 20 years ago.


545f79  No.60438

File: c2939107f45f107⋯.jpg (106.37 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, maxresdefault.jpg)


8745d5  No.60439

>>60438

Never forget the 7 billion.


545f79  No.60447

>>60439

Oy vey, you're supposed to forget 7 billion that (((strandberg))) didn't steal, what are you on about goyim. (^:

Crowds in HITMAN™ are big, and since denuvo was removed they have next to no impact on performance.

shame WB is their publisher and IO kept removing fun stuff from the game while adding retarded shit.

sage for offtopic.


7c5e88  No.60453

>>60414

How much would you like to wager that it will be a cutscene?

>>60447

I always had a fascination with Hitman but never got into them is the Hitman thread still up?


545f79  No.60457

>>60453

Yeah, might've falled down to page 6 or 7, but it's still here.


d055af  No.63080

The only thing I care about right now is if you look down, do you see your body or is the player a floating head?


545f79  No.63082

>>63080

> or is the player a floating head?

Stop this meme, Player character actually bends his body precisely 90 degrees relatively to his legs with head perfectly in line with his body.

XIII The Game proved that in one of the later levels


3a2a9e  No.63112

>>60447

>Crowds in HITMAN™ are big, and since denuvo was removed they have next to no impact on performance.

Did they do the same thing as Blood Money and make 80% of the crowd NPCs with reduced AI? Go try for example the New Orleans level and the outdoor crowds only have very basic AI compared to the normal NPCs like those in the bars. I noticed this when trying to finish every level by murder all non-essential characters.


3a2a9e  No.63113

>>60414

>>63112

Forgot to say: this also happens with the dance floor crowd in the Hell section of the Heaven & Hell party level. I think it's only those two big crowds though. Actually it's not a terrible optimisation trick I guess. If I remember to in a few days I'll go webm myself in the game showing the difference.


672018  No.63120

>>63082

>XIII The Game

I have lost the Game


545f79  No.63174

>>63112

yeah, if you look a the minimap in the pic you'll see there's less dots than actual NPC's


1aaa67  No.63175

>>60447

>>63112

>>63174

Marrakesh main square lags like shit even after they removed Denuvo.

Also yes, crowds only have basic AI and completely ignore most non-violent crimes if I remember right (lockpicking, poisoning food, most sabotage acts in general).


07d98d  No.63331

File: 52500e75c796913⋯.jpg (242.55 KB, 1440x900, 8:5, 20161127011930_1.jpg)

>>58907

>level design

I dunno, it was still intricate enough that you could rig the greasel gambling by sneaking into the champs apartment and plugging him a few times with a pistol. I also don't remember the levels being so bad in Mankind Divided Which is virtually not worth playing because of the constant progressive stacking, they were certainly a step up from Human Revolution.


ae6ac6  No.63351

File: 21d4ba00a182cc2⋯.jpg (162.8 KB, 656x1024, 41:64, 21d4ba00a182cc2546e22792f7….jpg)

>>63331

>That pic

What the actual fuck have I been missing in this genre?


07d98d  No.63361

>>63351

That's a whorehouse in Mankind Divided, the game is an assault of SJW thinking. Walking through Prague about every 30s you will hear a woman say "I'm late, my wife is going to kill me". They made your boss a faggot, a side mission has you smuggle refugees and they hamfisted in #auglivesmatter. The subtext is a complete shitshow, I only got through it because buyer's remorse. Level design is pretty good though.


b689a6  No.63373

>>63361

That is hella yikes.


edf632  No.63424

>>63331

>I dunno, it was still intricate enough that you could rig the greasel gambling by sneaking into the champs apartment and plugging him a few times with a pistol.

It would have been better to wound it or drug it for a more subtle rigging, isn't the non-lethal launcher meant to be drugs anyway? It's kind of unbelievable that nobody calls bullshit when they're losing money at 4:1 odds and the champion has been found riddled with bulletholes.


26ec35  No.63532

File: ee04ba9a45ef6a0⋯.webm (Spoiler Image, 6.66 MB, 960x720, 4:3, Rise_of_Tumblr.webm)

>>63361

Do writers not understand subtly at all?


545f79  No.63604

>>63532

No.

Considering your supersecret interpol base is under an unusued courier office

ON THE FUCKING MAIN STREET OF >PRAGUE

it's not actually prague, some cheap knock off with mismatched architecture.

Fucking hitman devs did a better job with Sapienza, a fictional town on amalfi coast using exclusively photos of Italy on the internet.


07d98d  No.63687

>>63424

I think I did originally do it with the toxic thing I played it a billion times on an xbox demo disk. Part of the problem is the toxic gun is DoT and I think I killed it once before. Still thought it was neat you could do it at all.

>>63532

>>63604

The writers were clearly different people between HR and MD. I actually, excuse my plebian attitude, thought the part in HR with Eliza and how she tells you the facts can be the same but the impression of the news can be changed by tone was quite insightful. The difference between "A woman has alleged she was slapped by her husband" and "A woman was savagely assaulted in a domestic dispute" in impression but having the same key facts certainly made me way more critical of the news. Perhaps that's why MD was neutered?


3a2a9e  No.63697

>>63687

>The difference between "A woman has alleged she was slapped by her husband" and "A woman was savagely assaulted in a domestic dispute" in impression but having the same key facts certainly made me way more critical of the news. Perhaps that's why MD was neutered?

You never know.


1cb22f  No.63804

>>63604

>Architecture and level design

I feel that needs a thread


545f79  No.63848

>>63804

Didn't we have a thread like that already?

Turns out we do, and it's on page 12.

>>45857


64820d  No.64011

>>63804

>>63848

Relevant to my interests

I wanted to read and see a little about that because i wanted to try Unreal Engine 4, heard it was moderately easy to use for people who already use modelers.

Want to pull some geometry to see if i can make some levels for a faraway stealth game i might do. But for that i need to replay all the classics, and my studies won't let me in a couple of months.


5a4cc6  No.65784

>>64011

Any inspiration you looking at in particular anon?


21ef18  No.68385

File: a02712e3fda342d⋯.png (911.25 KB, 968x988, 242:247, a02712e3fda342d885b5b385bb….png)

>>63532

Not the bottom-of-the-barrel writers video games usually get no.


c8c0f6  No.69811

>>68385

>Not the bottom-of-the-barrel writers video games usually get no.

I've seen better writing in fapfiction than in most vidya to be honest. Where do they even recruit the writers from?


545f79  No.69820

>>69811

cliques and circlejerks in colleges and journalist circles.


21ef18  No.74149

>>69811

To work in AAA vidya you have to get past HR which is where they dumb a lot of women into to meet quotas. Usually HR women are maximum SJW too.

>>69820

That too.


742e98  No.74164

>Twitter guy for Cyberpunk 2077 makes a "Did you just assume their gender" joke

>internet is mad

>Hollywood person makes jokes about child rape

>internet is sympathetic

Anyone who thinks (((they))) aren't succeeding is kidding themselves.


545f79  No.74176

>>74164

I wish GOG didn't cuck out on the gaming journalism joke and instead doubled down by calling them worthless and unable to even play games.


3a2a9e  No.74177

>>74164

More reasons not to bother paying for Cyberpunk if/when it actually comes out.


5b9559  No.74347

>Loads of stuff about Cyberpunk 2077 at Gamescom 2018

>Turns out it's just journalists talking about the game a few concept art pieces

Wow fucking nothing.


2c38f3  No.74394

File: a3ab8e61d440dfc⋯.png (152.19 KB, 804x900, 67:75, shit.png)

Honestly what can one expect from this game? I just don't want a hyperconsolized game. I really enjoyed w3 for the atmosphere and interesting quests so I hope that sticks but I was never into cyberpunk like into moody fantasy so no expectations. Also not jewing the redkit so porn mods can come out so I can fulfill my fetish fantasies in an AAA game.


2dd8f2  No.74409

YouTube embed. Click thumbnail to play.

Here's the interview. You can watch it if you like but it really tells us nothing new. It's nothing but buzzwords for retards.


f67fac  No.74759

>>74394

But if you want porn in your game anon why not get Skyrim? :^) Did the Bitcher 3 actually get proper mod support? I stopped paying attention to the game after a few months


602cd2  No.74836

>>74394

Cyberpunk GTA with speech checks but without the freedom of movement. The car is like the taxi in VtM:B, I'm not even kidding. That's what they demo'ed at E3.


d3ebba  No.74840

File: 066593d8ca366f8⋯.png (346.72 KB, 454x600, 227:300, 1435862492875.png)

>>60007

Lost interest in this shit when they revealed it's going to be first person only. The only good first person RPG was the first Deus Ex, the rest is pure garbage. System Shock is overrated, fight me fags.


545f79  No.74848

>>74840

>fight me fags.

nah.


966b94  No.74853

>>74840

>System Shock is overrated

Fuckoff Levine


1505d2  No.74864

>>74759

Apparently the redkit has been release(3 bazzingillion years later) and I was some shit about a full gameplay overhaul. I ain't gonna bother installing and optimizing my PC to run it again but its there.

>>74836

So its New Vegas but without the radiation? Or VtM:B? I'm down for that.

>>74840

>perspective matters in an RPG

If you don't get to see your character that's a big bummer but still, its not that important overall.


3f45ed  No.75088

>>74836

The game is going to be a massive letdown more so for cause of all the hipster hype it's built up by fags who don't know how to control their expectations.


545f79  No.75147

>>75088

it can't be as bad as TPP

especially since TPP was bad on purpose.


700bb7  No.75374

>>74836

It's going to be a bad Deus Ex clone my guts feel it.


545f79  No.75821

Twitch embed. Click thumbnail to play.

>>75374

Seems you're right


4b0683  No.75823

File: 60994e3d4b0b956⋯.png (60.88 KB, 680x466, 340:233, ClipboardImage.png)

>>75821

>99% for several minuted

dishonoraburu dispray


545f79  No.75825

YouTube embed. Click thumbnail to play.

>>75823

>viral marketing by making it morning again, giving immense asshurt to every retard on twitter "hurr durr cyberpank is permanent night"

is not being braindead in a sea of lobotomites an achievement?

Shame they cucked out of the games journalism tweet and apologized for "did you assume my gender"

ESL pussied out too by claiming "unauthorized account access"


5b54d1  No.75827

>>75821

So far I'm not liking the look of this, lots of bullshit they are throwing in our faces.


545f79  No.75832

>>75827

I'm expecting a witcher 3-tier downgrade because >consoles, not liking how little dialogue options there are, but it reminds me of first deus ex a bit.


5b54d1  No.75836

>>75832

Yeah, so far they sure like reminding you that this "is an rpg". "your choices matter", as they go through this scripted scenario. in a "living city" of npcs with the exact same animations clipping through eachother, oh and you can buy SODA and GUNS.


da16e1  No.75838

File: 645acc2206fa015⋯.jpg (4.85 KB, 185x185, 1:1, Soy_Food.jpg)

>>75836

>you can buy SODA and GUNS

Can you buy SOY?


89cb2d  No.75840

>>75821

Did they ask Ubisoft to help them make this?


545f79  No.75841

File: c40eec893f9ed7b⋯.png (189.95 KB, 394x354, 197:177, Cbar.png)

>>75838

>the virging soyboy

>the chad CHUNKOHONEY


da16e1  No.75842

>>75841

>honeycomb

I bet thats fake honey, in a cyberpunk world bees don't exist.


5b54d1  No.75843

>that was it

wew

i may pirate it


f5208c  No.75853

Not even sure how to describe this. I am half tempted to call it RAGE! Cyberpunk edition.


545f79  No.75855

>>75853

it reminded me of borderlands more in terms of combat.


583ab9  No.75857

>>75853

>>75855

Whatever it's based on it's not good.


a3cc74  No.75877

YouTube embed. Click thumbnail to play.

This was just posted. Thoughts?


89cb2d  No.75879

>>75877

It's what we've just seen.

Looks prerendered as fuck.

I would not be surprised if there was zero real gameplay to this.


df8d01  No.75881

>>75879

>Looks prerendered as fuck.

Probably is

We're not seeing this shit game for a long time so I'm expecting sever downgrades to a game that already looks pretty meh.


bf855a  No.75883

>>75877

It looks like Far Cry with a dash of Deus Ex Human Revolution and some other cancer.


742e98  No.75887

>>75879

>>75881

>prerendered

You don't even know what that means.


89cb2d  No.75889

>>75887

Have you ever seen Ubikike's gameplay trailer like when they first announced For Honor, Rainbow Six Siege, or The Division? That's exactly what this shit is.


c3793d  No.75890

>>75877

Looks pretty good


545f79  No.75891

If I was showing off "deep branching ipactful decision" I'd demo a sidequest, and made a split screen showing consequences of each.


742e98  No.75893

>>75889

>That's exactly what this shit is

That's called scripting, anon.

Something prerendered is a cutscene that pulls you out of gameplay.


df8d01  No.75897

>>75893

That's true

My mistake

You reminded me of how bullshit Killzone 2 marketing was.


5b54d1  No.75899

>>75857

It could be a good game, but at this point who knows.

I know they will get a lot of pre orders.


a3cc74  No.75901

File: 2118aa45ec88d62⋯.jpg (76.9 KB, 775x1523, 775:1523, 2118aa45ec88d62700ddee83b4….jpg)

>>75879

>Looks prerendered as fuck.

Looks hyper set up with of bunch of extra animations for characters and interactions that might not be in the game but its not prerendered, its not some bullshot.

I really cant say what might get taken out because there could be lots of little shit.

However I'm glad that what they showed is only pozzed to the extent that a Cyberpunk universe is pozzed. They were brave enough to show a completely naked and fucked up chick so thats good. I did see a burka though, but I guess thats just the dystopian part.

Gameplay wise it looks like a flat-out better GTA with Desu Sex elements. I liked what I saw.


9b04b9  No.75902

>>75889

Not prerendering, just probably running the game on high end PCs with beefed up graphics that are toned down for release because consoles can't handle it and the "gameplay" is scripted to hell and back.


a3cc74  No.75903

>>75902

It was played with a controller.

Not that they cant just plug it in a PC.


df8d01  No.75911

>>75903

>It was played with a controller.

It was also rendered in 4K at 60FPS


a3cc74  No.75912

File: 96308c171fe7655⋯.png (1.25 MB, 1080x720, 3:2, 96308c171fe7655a7edb76cc2c….png)

>>75911

I wasnt refuting.

Now that I think about it that was a really dump post to make.


5d5f0b  No.75926

>>75877

Why'd they show off the game with their shitty gross mexican slut character?

Also nice 77 dubs lel


6efa8f  No.75949

>>75901

Just be warned anon that it's meant to be an MMO.


df8d01  No.75953

>>75949

Wrong thread retard


980a94  No.75955

>>75953

Anon the retard here is you. They said this 5 years ago.

http://archive.is/fZyxM


beced3  No.75971

>>75955

See the newest eurogamer article

>Is Cyberpunk 2077 a purely single-player game?

>Patrick Mills: Yes, it is.

>So there's no multiplayer whatsoever?

>Patrick Mills: We have multiplayer in R&D, but the game we're shipping to you, the game you're going to buy is the single-player experience. That's really what we're concentrating on now, the single-player RPG experience. That's what we want to nail down before we start looking at any of these other things.

>So when you say you've got multiplayer in R&D, do you mean in relation to Cyberpunk 2077, or just generally at the studio?

>Patrick Mills: In relation to Cyberpunk as well as just generally at the studio.

>So maybe multiplayer will come post-launch?

>Patrick Mills: Maybe, no promises. Nothing at launch. At launch we're concentrating on the single-player game. That's what we want to give you.


df8d01  No.75972

>>75955

What's with all the retards in this thread?


62bf24  No.76081

>>75877

Looks like AAA Deus Ex sequel done right. They said that the game won't look like that at release though since they're still working on it. I think they're looking for new UI designers too. Jesus, working for CDPR must be tough if they keep chewing through guys like these midway into development.

Incidentally, if you bought CDPR stock last year, it'd have gone up 1.5x by now.


e94275  No.76084

>all these (((anons))) saying it's modern desu sex done right.

>even though it's not going to look anything like how it does on release

>even though the shitty gameplay shows a very shallow system with gimmicks and useless stats

>even though the witcher 3 was a shell of the first game

>even though much better rpgs made crpgs have come along since this was announced


e0f93f  No.76096

>>76084

>See those things? Well they don't count!

Your argument is just assuming the worst. Also the only offence of the gameplay is the wet tissue tier sound effects.


df8d01  No.76101

>>76084

I wouldn't say it's Deus Ex done right

But it's 10 times better than Doos Sex and it's Canadian/French pretentious bullshit.

They need to polish those visuals and add some better artistic design because outside the Techies area shit was pretty fucking generic scifi.

>>76096

<the only offence of the gameplay is the wet tissue tier sound effects.

>One button takedowns

>Scripted as all hell

>No combat in the Open World aside from a scripted car chase

>Barely any exploring of the open world

>Unlimited time to make decisions

>Companion A.I

Plenty of wrong with the gameplay


e94275  No.76103

>>76096

assuming the worst is what the market has become, as for gameplay.

>everything is dark as fuck

>there is objective markers on absolutely everything related to missions

>like I said stats don't seem to have a use outside of the possible two things shown, speech and press f to hack door

>weapons are gimmicky as fuck and not to mention look bland as hell

>driving has no weight to it what so ever.

>the AI you're forced with does not shut up

>every npc is named after the group they belong to and only story npcs have names plus are the only "characters"

oh and it's a cover shooter

>>76101

yet to be seen in all honestly, even that looked promising.


c3793d  No.76104

>>76084

>even though much better rpgs made crpgs have come along since this was announced

like what? name a few, especially cyberpunk and FPP ones


e94275  No.76105

>>76104

shadowrun, pathfinder, divinity dragon commander although that doesn't really count. is what I can think of from the top of my head


df8d01  No.76106

>>76104

-Underail

-Age of Decadence

-Divinity Original Sin 1 and 2

-Avadon

-Avernum

-Dragons Dogma

-The Quest

-Legend of Grimrock 1 and 2

I could go on but I'm not going to list everything since 2011.


e94275  No.76107

Wizardry although that's crpg into rpg back into crpg


62bf24  No.76108

>>76105

>shadowrun, pathfinder, divinity dragon commander

You havin' a laugh, mate?


e94275  No.76110

>>76108

shadowrun returns is pretty good, pathfinder I haven't actually played since it's not released yet but it will be before cyberpunk and dragon commander the political side of it is really good.


c3793d  No.76112

>>76106

None of those is cyberpunk let alone FPP save for Legend of Grimrock 1 and 2


e94275  No.76115

>>76112

no one said anything about them being that genre


e0f93f  No.76116

File: 6dc3f1739dabf34⋯.jpg (29.83 KB, 400x384, 25:24, hold_the_fuck_up_heavy.jpg)

>>76101

>One button takedowns

There where like 3 or 2, one was a stealth takedown and the other with mantis blade, not sure if the last was a takedown the normal animations are just so.

>Scripted as all hell

I guess, but could have been just for the demo

>No combat in Open World aside from a scripted car chase

Oh come on, you can't claim there won't be combat in the open, plus you could have gotten in a fight with that corp.

>Barely any exploring of the open world

Fair enough, though what did you want to see?

>Unlimited time to make decisions

I mean we don't know that, and Witcher had timed decisions so I don't see why there wouldn't be in.

>Companion A.I

OK, that is pretty gay.

>>76103

>everything us dark as fuck

Didn't seem that dark too me, honestly.

>there is objective markers on absolutely everything related to missions

Like the point about timed decision, it was disable is witcher so I don't see why it wouldn't be here.

>weapons are gimmicky as fuck and not to mention bland as hell

They do look generic but wasnt there the point for them to be gimmicky so you can pick and choose the kind of play style you want?

>driving has no weight to it what so ever

Never played racing games and really can't be bothered to skim over again so I don't know.

>the AI you're forced with does not shut up

Fair point, I don't like the spic, I don't think he is that annoying but I would prefer completely solo. My hopes are he is starting mission shit or you can just ignore his quest line.

>every npc is named after the group they belong to and only story npcs have names plus are the only "characters"

Why would you really care for every npc to be named like in Morrowind? I honestly don't give a fuck.

>oh and it's a cover shooter

Not really, did you miss the bullet time and the movement options you had? In the last boss fight the player was sliding around to avoid shots and angle a good shot on the weak spot.

Did see anything game breaking so far for me.


545f79  No.76119

>>76116

>Why would you really care for every npc to be named like in Morrowind?

helps with worldbuilding.

Makes the world more alive.

In MGS Peace Walker every soldier had an "about himself" sentence or two, so you had guys who believed in Santa, and complained about some other soldier saying Santa's not real, some guys not knowing how to reload, or believing in talking cats and monsters.

In MGS V they were nobodies so when you went to shoot them on Quarantin Facility the only thing you could feel was recoil, because you had no attachement to them and 15 better ones are within arm's reach with fulton or pachislot rewards.


e0f93f  No.76124

>>76119

Fair enough.

>>76116

Fug

Didn't see anything game breaking*


e94275  No.76125

>>76116

all the combat but the car "case" was either at night or in the dark, every other part of it doesn't actually matter, if shit's going to be you're stuck with pink eye till everything is dead then I don't know why they bothered making everything look good.

it was in the gameplay video, you had markers to show you where to wipe your ass with and quite honestly the witcher is very different from the witcher 3, I played one and two which is also pretty different with "refinements" so considering this isn't a different team working on cyberpunk I think it's better to assume this game will be of the same trend of streamlining.

well look at it like this, he used the pistol and the shotgun the most, the rail gun he picked up shot it something like five times and then went back to the shotgun which was the same with that not smartgun, you could see the damage numbers coming off and it seemed like the shotgun was the best weapon since he only needed a single shot half the time.

the issue with cars not having weight is that it fucks with your brain and you don't even know it, when you're expecting to shift to the side even alittle and there's nothing indicating that you're not, well lets just say I'm glad I don't get motion sickness or whatever. besides flying through the air for moments is fun.

my guess is, he's going to either betray you or die in some meaningless "to give you motive to kill the badguy" shit.

because I enjoy my role playing games to be immersive I care about effort put into the world that makes me think I should care about what I'm doing and how I'm playing.

bullet time is just a crutch for twats who can't aim, it was neat when it first came out but honestly a shooter with slow mo nowerdays is like a platformer with a hookshot. the movement seemed like if the enemy didn't have pea shooters, would have honestly been a detriment then anything, the double jump seemed really weird however, like what did she have a rocket in her pocket now? yeah I know muh realism but eh I suppose I'd preferred a hookshot.

did you not see the weird physics? most notably on the trash when he ran into it.


e0f93f  No.76127

>>76125

Like I said before doesn't look dark to me. Can't really anything other than that.

Just pump up the brightness lmao :^)

Want witcher 3 where it was disableable


df8d01  No.76128

>>76125

Hit numbers will probably be optional considering the HUD is tied to your ingame options.


e94275  No.76130

>>76128

the issue wasn't with the hit numbers popping up just that was merely something I could use to assume his weapon choices as if I understood correctly the shotgun was doing something like 200 damage a pop more or less.


e0f93f  No.76131

File: d255c93ea4a8e97⋯.jpg (107.75 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, what_in_the_fuck.jpg)

>>76127

Fuck my ass

>>76125

>You can disable it in 3 and many people argued it makes it 10 times better. Also why wouldn't they follow the trend of the game that made them gorillions?

>That shit is completely arbitrary to number tweaking and this is a demo, we can't argue for shit here.

>Again, can really say anything here.

>Whatever, just don't let him stick.

>I already agreed with the other anon.

>That's like your opinion, man. Also its based on a consumable plus you can refer to the "choose your build path" the narrator mentioned and has been mentioned before.

And I can't look over the video again right now.


e94275  No.76135

>>76131

sadly how well a game sells does not mean it was a good game, just that people bought it.

if a mini missile launcher is doing less damage then a shotgun I think there's something fucked going on.

no you really can't say anything here, if the physics engine isn't doing anything for cars then it's not like they'll be able to just toggle it on.

>

>

>

oh job I sure love my cyberpunk psychojet! it tots makes a difference being consumable. I can't wait to choose between a double jump or a better speech wheel.


e0f93f  No.76138

File: d92fe3c85d040bc⋯.gif (1.57 MB, 400x260, 20:13, ok.gif)

>>76135

Glad to see there's nothing more to discuss here you meme loving faggot.


d899e3  No.76139

For better or for worse this basically just looks like Deus Ex: Mankind Divided honestly. I'm sure it'll be like a 6/10 but will make redditors cream themselves.


545f79  No.76141

I'm concerned about level scaling and the corporate goons being overleveled meaning they'll perforate your asshole in one hit while laughing off rockets


df8d01  No.76142

>>76139

>just looks like Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

Nah, looks better in every way and I think the art design is as generic as they come.


e94275  No.76143

File: 3ef5b55356f2280⋯.gif (484.65 KB, 900x900, 1:1, 3ef5b55356f2280b9df9800a8c….gif)

>>76138

no u.


62bf24  No.76153

>>76106

>>76110

The problem here is you two are giving examples of games that won't even come close to the scale, presentation and spectacle CP2077 will bring to the table. CP2077 is like a gourmet pasta dish and you two are listing tomato sauce brands. Man, fuck the both of you for making me hungry.

>shadowrun returns is pretty good

It really isn't. It was designed as a mobile game and the entire thing, from scale, design and interface suffered for it.


cdd9bd  No.76155

File: 0b5cfc7a2e0b3d0⋯.jpg (35.52 KB, 640x480, 4:3, 1334764169256.jpg)

>ywn have a WRPG set somewhere in Strangereal around the time of Ace Combat 3


5b54d1  No.76159

Man I can't wait to preorder it, anyone else hype?


848b6a  No.76160

>>76153

this if you hate CP2077 you must be a nazicuck shill at this point


545f79  No.76161

>>76159

Why are you pretending to be retarded?


deff0e  No.76176


217380  No.76182

File: a2ee2ebe7068531⋯.jpg (36.07 KB, 500x375, 4:3, a2ee2ebe7068531ef45928156d….jpg)

>>76160

>>76159

Is baiting or shilling? I honestly can't tell.


867352  No.76185

>>75971

>We have multiplayer in R&D, but the game we're shipping to you, the game you're going to buy is the single-player experience

Hold the kino horses.

This is something that has been said in almost the exact way for another Never Ever project. Any fags remember Shekel Citizen? :^)


a2ce54  No.76193

>>76155

If you did that you would also have to include Ridge Racer and I believe Tekken as it is all part of the same universe. and I doubt the universe itself could contain such an awesome game


88ed68  No.76374

>>75877

I didn't ask for this.


e94275  No.76398

>>76153

CP2077 wont even come close to the "scale" shown, also I had no issues with the interface or "scale" of shadowrun, maybe you should hit me with more vague marketing terms.


62bf24  No.76408

>>76398

>I had no issues with the interface or "scale" of shadowrun

You having 0 taste is not my problem. Shadowrun is plagued by problems, chief of which was HBS's intended target audience and mismanagement of how to make do with the 3 million they got from KS.

SRR:DMS had:

>unresponsive UI they had to do some patchwork on just so you can edit your ally's equipment

>horrible UI/UX designed for brainded phone users

>slow as fuck movement on an already small map

>no save system at release because of sheer incompetency

>lackluster weapon variety

>weapons that are in the game completely missed the point of why it's used in the setting

>single archetype builds for characters

>hyper linear story where some character class (dekker) aren't even worth building

>dialogue system that rivals Fallout 4 in variety with amazing choices like Yes, No (Yes), Skill Check (Yes)

>dev intentionally crippled the editor for cross campaign item balance (HBS is THIS fucking stupid)

If you didn't have these problems with it, congrats. You're the very retard they were aiming for.

DF/HK had most if not all of the problems DMS had but was saved somewhat with a varied mission selection that made use of some character builds and filled with slightly more interesting characters. I liked the game, shit I love the setting but to ignore the problems it had is asinine especially since you're comparing this shit to a game that is yet to come out and is in an entirely different league.


e94275  No.76411

>>76408

outside of the save feature on release, I barely noticed all those other issues, maybe the fact that I've yet to play the pnp but I enjoyed the game nevertheless, it's less that I don't have taste but more so I care about different things like immersion, of which I fully was. I did try DF though and that just wasn't there for me. however I find it funny that you take issue with:

>lackluster weapon variety

>single archetype builds for characters

>hyper linear story where some character

class (dekker) aren't even worth building

>dialogue system that rivals Fallout 4 in variety with amazing choices like Yes, No (Yes), Skill Check (Yes)

>horrible UI/UX designed for brainded phone users

since those were hinted at in the gameplay footage for CP2077 and take no issue there


89cb2d  No.76413

>>76182

Perhaps both anon :^)


62bf24  No.76419

>>76411

They said repeatedly that they game they showed isn't exactly what's coming out in 2020. I'm all for shitting on devs but I'm willing to give anyone the benefit of doubt especially if I haven't played the game yet myself. For me, it's all just glitz and glamor showcase at this point.


e94275  No.76422

>>76419

considering the disaster that was the witcher 3 launch, I really don't think this game that was announced some time around 2012 and has had nothing shown about it till a shit E3 showing and this gameplay footage honestly deserves as something as dangerous as the benefit of the doubt.


a2e956  No.76426

>>76408

The more I hear about Shadowrun makes me wonder how the hell fags fell for Battletech considering how badly they fucked up before? Do most normalfags have the attentionspan of a goldfish or what?


545f79  No.76456

>>76426

> Do most normalfags have the attentionspan of a goldfish or what?

Yes. Any crowd does.

Contemporary normalfags even more so due to being drowned in useless information that excites them for a week before finding new celebrity gossip.


0290c9  No.76470

>>76419

It will be naturally missing about half the features on visuals from what they show anon. Mark my words.


47e657  No.76478

>>76470

Release date is suppoused to be late 2019/2020.

The gameplay they shown looks pretty advanced, I'd say they have a lot time to polish it.

Skeptical about multiplayer,but singleplayer might be actually good, given they don't go for fallout 4 tier conversations


89cb2d  No.76502

>>76426

Have you ever tried to host for anons? Most fags don't remember that a game was actually shit to play yet ask for it cause it's shinny.

>>76478

Well they've had how many years in development now?


545f79  No.76521

>>76502

>Well they've had how many years in development now?

Just to put things in perspective, MGS V took 5 years to make, 8 if you count fox engine developement time


62bf24  No.76533

File: 0eed85fd9ed06c5⋯.gif (1013.77 KB, 340x175, 68:35, graphix cat (2).gif)

>>76470

Well yeah, its going to run on current consoles. I'm not fooling myself with that.

>>76502

When do you think is appropriate? Pre-production? If so, they've been at at since before the announcement. They said they had a skeleton team working on it while Witcher 3's expansion pack was being made then went into full production after those were released.

>>76426

>Do most normalfags have the attentionspan of a goldfish or what?

Yes, but it also had the good will fans because of Weissman who co-designed the entire setting. Also, because of the improvements DK/HK brought to SRR, I'm guessing fans thought they couldn't fuck it all up like they did with DMS. Thing is, Battletech is (relatively) much better as a game because of the mistakes they've learned through development of SRR. They've learned to scale down their ambitions well (something Troika struggled all throughout its operation and resulted in its death). It has its problems but I'm sure it'd have been worse if they went at it from the get go.

I mean, they're even able to actually fix stuff now (like UI and whatnot) unlike with SRR because of how they built the game.


17ed53  No.76534

>>76502

>How many years?

Since 2010 at least.


303b7b  No.76612

>>76533

>Weissman designed

He designed squat. He is essentially a salesman that claims credit for making shit he only published.


bca24d  No.76624

alright just watched that "gameplay" video referred somewhere up,

besides obviously being setup to be all flashy and impactful

but you can get a feeling for what the game will be indeed, I think faggots in this thread a missing a big example for their previous games: The Witcher

and taking that into account you can make a few assumptions

> flashy scenes and cinematics but just about enough gameplay

> open world exploration but fairly linear quest lines and progression

> just about enough stat crunching and skills to call it a "rpg" without selective gameplay

from that I can draw a few parallels, for instance, it reminded me a lot of Metro for some reason, as opposed to Stalker, it takes the more cinematic and linear path, but still carries enough gameplay challenge to matter, where you get fun shooties, resource management, weapons and strategy to choose from

another parallel I couldn't help but notice, is GTA in their seamlessly open and busy "alive" world attempt, also from Kingdom Come, which I think may work like a two edged sword

whats the quick rundown that anons can conclude from this thread?


b6407d  No.76625

>>76612

He's a writer for the first editions of Shadowrun and Battledroid iirc.


e94275  No.76633

>>76624

curious typical youtube tier one liner comments mixed in with odd marketing lingo.


a3cc74  No.76694

File: ec5a1992f6b73c3⋯.jpg (120.58 KB, 1024x576, 16:9, dense.jpg)

>>76633

There is nothing of the sort in this thread.


6b7ee9  No.76726

>>76625

A quick check doesn't actually come up with any references to him writing them but some other autist.

>>76633

Are you talking about anon's post or video?


cb3cd2  No.76861

>>76624

heh this is not a bad shitpost.


21ef18  No.79694

>>76624

>but you can get a feeling for what the game will be indeed, I think faggots in this thread a missing a big example for their previous games: The Witcher

But the Witcher is a great example: every sequel upped the flash and decreased the substance until by the third game it was fucking shit.


9592f6  No.79696

>>47245

retard, this is the weeb /v/ board.


21ef18  No.79698

>>79696

Actually /vg/ is somewhat more Europoor than /v/ and that means it's significantly less weeb. In some ways that's a good thing since it provides a shield against the ironic weeaboo newfags that filter across from reddit but it does make it harder to discuss actually good nip vidya.


8feadc  No.79700

>>79698

I meant this is where nip vidya is generally discussed, on /v/ you get normalfags spamming "WEEB" in every thread as long as the game is Japanese, clearly not knowing what the term even entails, just like the faggot I quoted. Apart from obvious /v/ crossposters this behavior is not exercised on /vg/ as the board consists of anons from a multitude of smaller gaming boards, often nip, that were yearning for a /v/ alternative.


21ef18  No.79702

>>79700

Mostly true, I still think we're lacking in Americans and thus in people who are willing to discuss Japanese games. I wouldn't mind more threads on the topic.


02ea16  No.79710

>>79698

A lot of vidya choices on this board tend to be Slavic as fuck.

>>79700

Well to make you feel comfortable anon I'll just say a pointless WEEBSHIT! without any relevance for what it means.

>>79702

This board is very Euro and Ausfag centric and lacks any Burgers. Which probably is why the quality of posts is much higher.

On another note it's interesting how /v/eddit is losing their minds over Cyberpunk 2077 yet on /vg/ everyone called it out for what it was and then moved on.


21ef18  No.79713

>>79710

>This board is very Euro and Ausfag centric and lacks any Burgers.

I wouldn't say /vg/ lacks any burgers it's just not got as many as it could/should. The board can be a bit dead in the late West Coast hours and that's a problem.

>Which probably is why the quality of posts is much higher.

That's not fair to the burgers, it's just that most of the 2016-era newfags were brought in because of the election and obviously they were mostly Americans and that drove down the average burger post quality. It doesn't mean that there aren't still many quality burgers just that a random sampling will get you more newfags while 8chan has been losing eurofags at an alarming rate and not attracting more to replace them.

This is off topic and probably belongs in the meta thread.


02ea16  No.79714

>>79713

Well I do find it worth comparing how /vg/ appears to be the legit anons while /v/ is newfags especially if you compare this thread to the numerous ones they've had over there on this game.


bc4dbf  No.79977

>>79702

make a decent weeb thread


c02629  No.80006

>>75877

I see CD projekt is continuing their tradition from W3 of making the dialogue as corny as possible. At least in the witcher games it was fantasy so it came off as a little endearing. Here it leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Muting It and watching it a second time I found it more enjoyable than with sound.

Overall it looks pretty good, that is, if it's real gameplay.


1bef82  No.80007

>>80006

>it was fantasy

So is this.


eb5c84  No.80011

SJW trash

sage


1bef82  No.80012

File: 52e59f00e105c5e⋯.jpg (280.64 KB, 500x522, 250:261, cute (2).jpg)

File: 1e9af97e13a6e5b⋯.png (33.61 KB, 1047x470, 1047:470, filtered.png)


c02629  No.80025

File: 65b7bb398b20af7⋯.png (893.3 KB, 897x944, 897:944, Clownpiece.png)

>>79713

As a burger I enjoy this board and thank all people of all nationalities for contributing quality posts.

I like this board, slow as it is, you can actually speak your mind without being called names or being accused as someone you're not. (most of the time)


de8f8c  No.80038

>>80006

But cringeworth dialog is fun anon.

>>79977

There are none.

>>80025

Just be glad there are no flag posting.


82269d  No.80351

>>80025

By posting on this board you legally agree to withdraw from your nationality and become a Rhodesian Exile and therefore dress in short shorts at all times and praise the FAL as the one true raifu.


fee71c  No.80380

>>80025

>9 stars

That picture is fucking disgusting.


a3cc74  No.80386

>>80380

Should be 12 amirite? :^)


bc4dbf  No.80387

>>80038

>make thread

>there are none

>go make thread

>but there's none

>but make one

>but none

>make

>none


b05f05  No.80389

YouTube embed. Click thumbnail to play.

>>80380

>he doesn't know the United Areas of America


24fe3b  No.80407

>>80389

Confederates should have won


3a2a9e  No.80415

File: 195e4765c183ac8⋯.webm (8.65 MB, 480x360, 4:3, Dixie's_Land.webm)

>>80407

They did, their subtle propaganda is winning the long war and converting children to their cause even now.


fdc925  No.80421

>>80407

Southern people are retarded and have the most welfare states.


bf855a  No.80438

>>80415

I once mic spammed this on a gamenight and anons did not know what it was.


17ed53  No.80440

File: 1a5252a360bfe19⋯.png (10.34 KB, 900x600, 3:2, Novorussia.png)

>>80415

Do you think they will ever get their independence?


2e21dd  No.80443

>>80421

You're talking about post-war appeasement folks, not pre-war freedom fighting folks. Very different. Bribery became status quo to stamp down revanchism and secessionist ideology after the war. Plus to appease niggers, who always need "mo money" for "dem programs".


eeb7df  No.80480

>Cyberpunk 2077 Thread devolves into Confederate posting

You know if the game has Dixie in it I would buy it.


eb5c84  No.80873

>>80480

I think we just need a US Civil War thread or at least musketta man era vidya


21ef18  No.81557

File: c712d005f063976⋯.png (1.05 MB, 800x1111, 800:1111, install_ram.png)

>>80421

Southern states also have the most niggers.

>>80443

This too. Burning the entire South then fucking it politically wasn't exactly helping.


89cb2d  No.81590

>Cyberpunk 2077: Return of the South


c02629  No.81990

File: e77d8280c282435⋯.jpg (199.89 KB, 1480x832, 185:104, Lee.jpg)

>>80480

Funny enough I'm actually from the south.

I apologize for making this stupid OP. In retrospect, almost nothing in the OP is actually in the game. I guess rumorshit will always be rumorshit.


c02629  No.81997

That's weird, It gave me a different ID. You'll just have to take my word I guess.

Well, I ain't buying this game anyways. Wasn't what I was expecting it to be, and I doubt my computer could run it. CDPR seem to be pushing the graffix meme even further than Witcher 3. Sorry I had to shill up the thread with my first dozen posts. I was basing my assumptions on what I imagined the game to be rather than what it actually turned out as.


b8ec2c  No.82010

>>81990

>In retrospect, almost nothing in the OP is actually in the game. I guess rumorshit will always be rumorshit.

More like marketing bullshit that's passed out by sockpuppet accounts.

>>81997

>That's weird, It gave me a different ID. You'll just have to take my word I guess.

Either your IP changed or the servers are fucking up, perhaps both.


545f79  No.82020

>>81990

>almost nothing in the OP is actually in the game

I wish you could play as corporate, or at least the Trauma Team Insurance Enforcement agency.


daa0e3  No.82056

You know if 8chan will ever let me post I'm going to make a US Civil War Thread.


2926d6  No.83029

>>47241

>Poland's main export is nurses and doctors to keep elderly germans and britbongs alive.

I thought that was the Poos?


acd1c8  No.83045

>>83029

Poo Doctors

Nigger Nurses

Kurwa Janitors


df8d01  No.83047

File: 207c23e8e6d1185⋯.jpg (160.48 KB, 1000x666, 500:333, HK_G3_29.jpg.95046b8f8768d….jpg)

>>80351

The only true raifu is the G3


2926d6  No.83050

File: 79020c68356805a⋯.mp4 (3.17 MB, 320x240, 4:3, Frédéric Chopin - Prelude ….mp4)

>>83045

Being part Kurwa myself I can attest that they fit perfectly with those groups. Although, there are exceptions.


331217  No.83051

>>83047

Homosexuals not allowed.


0b999a  No.83060

File: 55b5e3fa7e8dffe⋯.png (723.91 KB, 735x960, 49:64, g3maglegit.png)

File: ef6849f7712db40⋯.png (69.7 KB, 758x177, 758:177, g3mag.png)

>>83047

>G3

Reported for homosexual.


21ef18  No.83282

>>47241

>I wish western countries started closing borders to Poles so angry people would start killing politicians to ensure that taxes are lower and quality of life comparable to the migration target countries would be achieved

Not going to happen. The very reason those poles are allowed to go abroad is to brainwash them into accepting the EU cock.


545f79  No.83316

>>83282

But they don't return because their ties to home country were brainwashed away with muh moniez

So that only leaves

<oy vey, you need more immigrants for muh economy numbers, but even then the biggest minority group in Poland is 40000 Vietnamese and then some chinks, who actually work, (though vietnamese overtook cocaine business in Central Europe according to Glow in The dark Fact Book)


84dcc3  No.83627

File: b5840727a493624⋯.png (119.34 KB, 571x413, 571:413, 2018-09-26 07:01:16.png)

>>83060

>he actually did it, the absolute madman


0b999a  No.83639

>>83627

Of course I did. I won't tolerate wrong opinions on this board. Report and ban all G3 and galil fags, they're nothing but absolute cancer


91ad7f  No.83649

File: ff4f9549be29487⋯.jpg (557.02 KB, 1280x825, 256:165, ff4f9549be294870dc8fa6f82b….jpg)

>>83047

G3 best raifu


89cb2d  No.83655

>>83649

Well I suppose Homos deserve to have their raifus as well.


3a2a9e  No.83696

>>83627

He's 100% right. The G3 is for german scum.


dacf7c  No.83904

Anyone got the post saved where the G3 autist tries to defend it over the FAL only to be proved time and again he was wrong? Especially when he accused the FAL of using modernized versions yet he himself cited modernized G3's?

>Daily reminder that the FAL is a whole lb lighter than the G3 at all times

>Daily reminder that the FAL is far more controllable than the G3 when firing

>Daily reminder that the FAL is the better combat raifu than the G3 when it comes to war


536765  No.83960

Sure is a lot of hate for G3's on this board.


21ef18  No.84068

>>83316

Pretty much. It fucks the poles and it fucks the Western Euro nations but it keeps the EU intact so they're happy.


2e21dd  No.84078

>>83960

There's too much /k/ faggotry in general.


e29b66  No.84185

>>84078

Get the fuck out. I'd rather be a G3 homosexual than be a normalfag sloppering over a game that for all purposes will be average at best.


7b96c7  No.84568

>>84078

Agreed. Stick with the prod.


21ef18  No.85007

File: ddc4dee10a99316⋯.png (36.51 KB, 240x320, 3:4, 700919-cyberpunk-the-arasa….png)

File: f3a0a52401f78bf⋯.png (9.43 KB, 240x320, 3:4, 700922-cyberpunk-the-arasa….png)

File: a822a4c1d6b7e96⋯.png (8.38 KB, 240x320, 3:4, 700925-cyberpunk-the-arasa….png)

>>84078

Fair point. To get back on topic there's apparently already a mobile-only 2D Platformer set int he same universe from way back in 2007. Probably shit but I'm pretty sure the old mobile games are just java and so can run them on PC easily enough if someone can find a piratefag link. https://www.mobygames.com/game/cyberpunk-the-arasakas-plot


fea9e2  No.85030

>>85007

heh never seen this before. It looks like those old RPG games you used to get in the early 90's.


be3013  No.85200

>>85007

that game looks fucking rad. I want it.


c2bfba  No.85339

File: 68a8065a4cf7885⋯.jpg (40.34 KB, 469x343, 67:49, BattletechCartoonBlows.jpg)

>>85007

I am scared this is going to have a lot of problem haircuts.

>That last pic

Wait a second


e944da  No.87156

>>85007

This reminds me of a porn game I once played.


4c5c7c  No.87187


df7fd7  No.87189


c98f16  No.88895

>>87156

Why are you leaving us hanging?


545f79  No.88905

File: 446fae2ef28f013⋯.jpg (7.84 KB, 224x224, 1:1, Imarges.jpg)

>>87156

What's going on big guy?


53f9f7  No.88990

>>87156

Oh god it isn't Lab is it?




[Return][Go to top][Catalog][Nerve Center][Cancer][Post a Reply]
Delete Post [ ]
[]
[ / / / / / / / / / / / / / ] [ dir / 1970floe / 3rdpol / arepa / clang / had / hkpol / ss / vichan ]