[ home / board list / faq / random / create / bans / search / manage / irc ] [ ]

/x/ - Paranormal

Oh Shit! What was that?

Catalog

Email
Comment *
File
* = required field[▶ Show post options & limits]
Confused? See the FAQ.
Embed
(replaces files and can be used instead)
Options
dicesidesmodifier
Password (For file and post deletion.)

Allowed file types:jpg, jpeg, gif, png, webm, mp4, swf, pdf
Max filesize is 8 MB.
Max image dimensions are 10000 x 10000.
You may upload 5 per post.


It is getting cold...

File: 1455319600956-0.jpg (49.2 KB, 500x487, 500:487, christine-chubbuck.jpg)

File: 1455319600956-1.jpg (79.59 KB, 1390x1080, 139:108, Christine_Chubbuck.jpg)

 No.22334

I was scrolling through the news and i saw an article where Christine Chubbuck's brother said no one will ever see those tapes. Anyways it reminded me of /x/ so i figured i'd make a general lost tapes thread. For those who don't know the story behind the tapes here it is in short.

On July 14, 1974, talk show host Christine Chubbuck was set to air her morning program, Suncoast Digest on Channel 40 (WWSB, formerly known as WXLT-TV). She confused staff by stating that she had to recite a newscast first, something that she never normally did before her program. The first 8 minutes of the newscast went ahead with complete normalcy, until Chubbuck reported on a story that had happened the previous day; a shooting at a local restaurant.

When the news footage queued to play jammed and didn't run, Chubbuck (who we now know was suffering heavily from depression) nonchalantly turned to the camera and said "In keeping with Channel 40's policy of bringing you the latest in blood and guts, and in living color, you are going to see another first: attempted suicide". She drew a revolver, shot herself behind the right ear, and fell forward violently, at which point the camera faded quickly to black.

Many people who saw the live broadcast rang both the station and the police, many weren't sure if it was a morbid joke, or if it had actually happened. Some of the WXLT-TV staff even doubted its legitimacy at first. After Chubbuck was rushed to Sarasota Memorial Hospital, news director Mike Simmons discovered that the papers from which she had been reading her broadcast contained a followup story, written herself, describing her suicide attempt. The followup story read something to the effect of "TV 40 news personality Christine Chubbuck shot herself in a live broadcast this morning on a Channel 40 talk program. She was rushed to Sarasota Memorial Hospital", (which she had accurately predicted), "where she remains in critical condition". Chubbuck was pronounced dead the day after. The network's master tape was subsequently seized as evidence by authorities, and was eventually returned to Chubbuck's family, who are said to have destroyed it.

Posting the article below

 No.22335

File: 1455319671457.jpg (12.92 KB, 180x302, 90:151, thumb009723.jpg)

The horrific moment that Christine Chubbuck, morning host of Sun Coast Digest on WXLT in Sarasota, Florida, pulled a .38 caliber revolver from under her desk and shot herself in the head will never be seen, her brother Greg, tells PEOPLE.

After the 29-year-old journalist died – 15 hours later at a local hospital – her shocked family made sure to get an injunction preventing the release of the tape of her suicide. After it was seized as evidence by authorities, it was turned over to their mother, Peg.

"I don't know to this day where it is," Greg says. "But I know no one knows where it is and no one ever will if I have anything to say about it."

He says that his sister knew that their grandparents would not be watching her show that morning.

"My grandparents lived across the street from my sister and she was extremely close to both of them," Chubbuck's brother Greg tells PEOPLE. "They watched every one of her shows, except my grandfather had an appointment with his doctor and he didn't feel like driving so my grandmother drove him and they missed the only show they had ever missed my sister on – the show she killed herself. She knew they weren't going to be watching that show."


 No.22338

File: 1455320992949-0.jpg (52.34 KB, 500x364, 125:91, 746693.jpg)

File: 1455320992950-1.jpg (47.74 KB, 590x421, 590:421, 1_123125_123075_2094298_20….jpg)

Dylan Klebold & Eric Harris - The Basement Tapes

Time Magazine reporter Tim Roche was given access to five videotapes that investigators had discovered, recorded by the murderers, outlining their motives and reciting a "kill-list" of sorts, amongst other things. Roche published an article for Time on the tapes on December 20, soon after viewing them, dubbing them the "Basement Tapes". Not long after the article's publication, furious family members of the deceased threatened to sue Jefferson County, considering the fact that not even they had been given access to the recordings. They came to an agreement, with Jefferson County quickly screening the tapes for them, and then vaulting them away "indefinitely".

In 2003, a fifteen minute recording of the killers shooting at the Rampart Range was released, and in 2004, they also released a short film the two had created for school five months prior to the massacre, titled Hitmen for Hire, both of which many people suspected to have been two of the five "Basement Tapes". In 2006, Jefferson Country Sherriff Ted Mink was told by the courts that he was now allowed to release the remaining footage should he want to, although ultimately he declined to do so, fearing that some troubled youths may be inspired by the recordings. Instead, he released 949 pages of previously unreleased documents on the case, including in-depth transcripts for all of the "Basement Tapes", confirming that the two previously released videos were indeed two of the five "Basement Tapes". Several sources who have seen the tapes, including various family members of the deceased, claim the total run-time to have been roughly three to four hours. Since said 1999 screening with family members, the unreleased tapes have presumably never been seen by any members of the general public.

These tapes have most likely been destroyed by Jeffco since it show the incompetence of the whole department.


 No.22340

I heard there is now a movie about Chubbuck called Chirstinth, it will be premiered at the Sundance Festival. Are they going to recreate the suicide scene? Wonder if the producers managed to find a copy?


 No.22341

I mean, she was on air when this happened, the injunction is against the official tape recorded by the channel. but what if, this is a big IF, someone recorded the show.VCR existed back then, it were rare, but it was for someone to tape any show from the t.v.


 No.22342

File: 1455321795995.jpg (198.1 KB, 800x600, 4:3, kate-plays-christine-800.jpg)

>>22340

Lol yeah the article actually mentioned the filmed but i left it out cause i didn't think anons would give a shit about it lol

Now, 40-years later, Chubbuck's tragic tale is the driving force behind two films selected to debut at the Sundance Film Festival, underway in Park City, Utah.

Christine, directed by Antonio Campos and starring British actress Rebecca Hall, chronicles the newswoman's final days. The second film, Kate Plays Christine, is a documentary by director Robert Greene that follows House of Cards actress Kate Lyn Sheil as she gets ready to play the role of the statuesque 5-foot, 11-inch brunette in a forthcoming movie.

Chubbuck's brother Greg says he doesn't plan to watch either film. "Nobody wants to know who Christine Chubbuck was," he says. "They want to sensationalize what happened at the end of her life. A public suicide is not a source of joy for a family."


 No.22343

>>22341

Yeah maybe i'm not sure, heres from the wikia

As the broadcast aired in 1974, and several primitive forms of videocassette recorders were released in the early 1970s (such as the U-matic, which came out in 1971), it is entirely possible (albeit unlikely) that another recording exists elsewhere, although until proof of such a recording is unearthed, the video is generally accepted as being impossible to obtain. Having said that, there are some people who claim to have seen the footage via a variety of sources including early internet sites, FBI training videos, and Faces of Death knock-offs; however, until any solid proof surfaces, these claims remain nothing more than hearsay.


 No.22346

File: 1455322703706.jpg (40.45 KB, 615x409, 615:409, Moors_Murderers_Myra_Hindl….jpg)

Moors Murderers' Torture Audio (Recorded in 1964)

Infamous British serial killer couple Ian Brady and Myra Hindley (who have come to be known by the media as the Moors Murderers) had taken photographic and audio mementos of their murder of Lesley Ann Downey as well as the sexual torture and rape to her by Ian Brady.

10 year old Lesley Ann Downey was lured by Brady and Hindley from a fairground in Ancoats on Boxing Day, 1964. She was taken back to their home in Hattersley where they stripped her, tied her up, sexually assaulted and killed her, burying her on the Saddleworth Moor. Brady and Hindley had recorded the girl as she plead to be let go as they try to tie her up before Brady raped her. Brady took the nine obscene photographs of the little girl, and either he or Hindley recorded the scene on a reel-to-reel audio tape for posterity.

The 13 minute tape was found within a brown suitcase, recovered from lost property at Manchester Central Railway Station on October 15, 1965, along with photographs of Downey, naked and with a scarf tied across her mouth. On the tape were two identical tracks of the voices of a man, a woman and a child. At the end of each of these tracks was a recording of two songs, Jolly St Nicholas and The Little Drummer Boy, which a witness recognized as being from a long-playing record by The Ray Conniff Singers, called We Wish You A Merry Christmas. Another tape was found, containing four tracks: A recording of music, a Goon Show recording, a recording of a commentary by Freddie Grisewood, along with another recording of a man, a woman and a child which was identical to the two tracks on the other tape. Ann Downey was brought in to identify her daughters voice on the tape, something that would haunt her until her death.

The tape recording of Lesley Anne Downey, on which the voices of Brady and Hindley were clearly audible, was played in open court in May 1966. Jurors were horrified by the Downey tape, and by Brady's bland description of the recording as "unusual".

The British Courts have access to the audio and photographs and have made it clear they have no intention of releasing them, partly out of respect for the family members involved, another part being due to the horrifically disturbing nature and likely due to the fact the pictures of Downey qualify as child pornography.

The transcript of the audio tape was taken down by shorthand typist of the Supreme Court in 1966, Leonard Milner and was published, along with one of the photographs (cropped) in The Trial of Myra Hindley and Ian Brady by Jonathan Goodman in 1986 and shown on the 1999 TV documentary 'Web of Evil'.


 No.22347

>>22342

I can bet you guys, if some rich fuck hears about Chubbuck thanks to the movies, and decides paying a hefty sum to the family for the tape, his brother will be the first one to accept the offer.

>>22344

I didn't remember this while reading about the Moors. Reminds me of the David Parker Rays tapes.


 No.22348


 No.22349

>>22348

Yeah that's why I made the thread

>>22347

The brother doesn't have them. I don't think anyone does


 No.22361

File: 1455338428131-0.png (243.47 KB, 568x326, 284:163, Arminbernd.png)

File: 1455338428136-1.jpg (13.02 KB, 300x225, 4:3, Meiwes_Tape.jpg)

The Armin Meiwes Tape (Recorded in 2001)

In March 9, 2001, in Rotenburg, Germany, Armin Meiwes and Bernd Jürgen Brandes met to organise Brandes being eaten by Meiwes. Meiwes, who has a fetish for cannibalism, posted on a (now-defunct) fantasy cannibalism forum (fantasy in that the forum specifically states that those who "are incapable of separating artistic fantasy from reality" should "leave this site".)

The forum, (among other Cannibalism forums Meiwes frequented) called The Cannibal Cafe[1] can still be accessed today through archives. Some of Meiwes' posts, under the name "Franky", can also be found in said archives.

After posting a few advertisements requesting someone that wished to be eaten, he received a reply, and even met up with at least one other man, who bailed out and left. Brandes also replied to Meiwes; like Meiwes, Brandes also had a cannibalism fetish, but in the way that he desired to be consumed. Brandes, still consenting, requested that Meiwes bite his penis off, although it was too difficult and eventually had to be cut off. Brandes attempted to eat his penis raw, but couldn't because it was "too chewy". Meiwes then fried it with Brandes' fat, and other spices, but burned it, and couldn't eat it. He then chopped it up and gave it to his dog.

Meiwes read a Star Trek book for 3 hours as Brandes bled out in the bathtub. He gave Brandes alcohol, sleeping pills and painkillers, kissed him on the forehead, and stabbed him in the throat. In a room specially made for the event, Meiwes hung the body, and slowly dismantled it. The whole scene was found recorded on a two-hour tape in Meiwes' videocamera upon his arrest in December 2002 (having been reported by another user of the forum Meiwes posted his ads in). Over the 10 months following the killing, Meiwes stored the body parts in his freezer, and is said to have consumed up to 20 kilograms of Brandes' flesh.

Meiwes Tape

The confiscated tape, currently held by German authorities.

The video that the authorities found was shown to a jury, and some journalists needed therapy after seeing the disturbing evidence . Four alleged screenshots of the video have leaked online, and a user from 4chan's /x/ board stated that he was once granted viewing to two additional screenshots, and an audioless snippet of the video with a transcript (Meiwes talks about how difficult it is to do the dismantle the body in said transcript). The two extra screenshots were said to be of Brandes' head in a bucket, and another of his leg being butchered in a similar fashion to which his arm is in the leaked screenshots; this recount, however, is entirely unconfirmed.

Meiwes is currently serving a life sentence in Kassel Prison, Germany.


 No.22562




[Return][Go to top][Catalog][Post a Reply]
Delete Post [ ]
[]
[ home / board list / faq / random / create / bans / search / manage / irc ] [ ]