[ / / / / / / / / / / / / / ] [ dir / b2 / bcb / chori / choroy / dempart / monarchy / vichan / wmafsex ]

/kind/ - Random Acts of Kindness

No Bully! Help Others!

Catalog   Archive

Winner of the 80rd Attention-Hungry Games
/otter/ - Otter For Your Soul

THE INFINITY CUP IS COMING BACK
May 2019 - 8chan Transparency Report
Email
Subject
Comment *
File *
Password (Randomized for file and post deletion; you may also set your own.)
* = required field[▶ Show post options & limits]
Confused? See the FAQ.
Embed
(replaces files and can be used instead)
Oekaki
Show oekaki applet
(replaces files and can be used instead)
Options
dicesidesmodifier

Allowed file types:jpg, jpeg, gif, png, webm, mp4, swf, pdf
Max filesize is 16 MB.
Max image dimensions are 15000 x 15000.
You may upload 5 per post.


Please pay our friends a visit.

File: 1464089757934.jpg (85.88 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, 1450731698359.jpg)

 No.30794[Reply]

Like the subject says, when was the best/greatest/warmest you've felt?

48 posts and 29 image replies omitted. Click reply to view.

 No.33924

File: fa59420f2d3fa5e⋯.png (181.73 KB, 513x360, 57:40, What Bbaka tells his frien….png)

>>33910

Without 3d there would be nobody to lack 2d.


 No.33925

>>33908

I'll see, I'm still writing it though and I want it to have a bunch of chapters before I publish it anywhere. I might even think of publishing it as a book The only thing that I would fear is that someone might say that I'm ripping off the things I'm inspired why when I'm just trying to pay homage to manly stuff.


 No.33926

>>33912

no bully

o

b

u

l

l

y


 No.33928

>>33926

I'm not bullying. I'm just agreeing with the anon that his 3d mom is important.


 No.33940

File: 5ca897fe6a8b5af⋯.png (606.66 KB, 1000x1057, 1000:1057, 0fdefa8e459a8bb10bddb72eaa….png)

File: 7d10a4f1fb923ab⋯.png (132.64 KB, 317x641, 317:641, 91400add102d80628e82396343….png)

File: c6fa47765fb0fe5⋯.png (161.17 KB, 441x651, 21:31, 4a545a5d3adee37856dd10d979….png)

File: 08063a408a7a7dc⋯.jpg (503.94 KB, 1575x1665, 35:37, 1d536c11e758968d1ee85dcd2f….jpg)

>>33904

>>33908

obligatory




File: 1471298609718.jpg (32.79 KB, 225x350, 9:14, 285287.jpg)

 No.32279[Reply]

Just post whatever you'd like to share.

I've got some things I want to share but I don't know where they should go so I'm building this brand new thread for them.

1:

>when i was young my mum always used to wander off without me whenever I got sidetracked while shopping or whatever in public

>it's messed me up ever since

>whenever I'm out with people I always have to keep checking where they are and make sure they're still with me etc

>not sure how to forgive her, remember once shouting at her for it when I was but a wee lad but she didn't take any notice and continues to do it to this day

2:

>today at work with dad

>hand him a lump hammer he asked for

>as soon as I hand him it he brings it back to hit something and almost cracked me right in the face

>either out of anger or adrenaline I kick a stool across the yard and start walking to try and calm myself down

>dad asks what's wrong and whether he hit me (an odd thing to ask, like he was aware he was being reckless?)

>despite having every right to be angry at him, I forgive him and say he had just scared me is all

>forgiving him actually felt a lot better than having a go at him

Though he does seem to do this a lot, completely disregards my safety out of anger or whatever.

45 posts and 24 image replies omitted. Click reply to view.

 No.33849

>>33848

I believe in you, friend!


 No.33873

>>33848

Don't forget to write/email the employer thanking them for the interview. It shows consideration and professionalism


 No.33875

File: 4c24fa22128ddee⋯.jpg (31.02 KB, 372x349, 372:349, samuraipekka.jpg)

Tfw you're unemployed, nearing your 30's and you suffer from really harsh anxiety in normal situations in life. I've been wondering what went wrong when i was a kid. Sometimes i don't even care anymore, i've become cynical and hostile towards other people. Haven't assaulted anyone other than verbally for years now. Makes me wonder will i ever be able to fix this. Propably too normalfriend stuff for this board.

Thank god for oxazepam.


 No.33877

>>33875

> I've been wondering what went wrong when i was a kid.

Have you been raised by a single mother?


 No.33884

File: a975665139ed6c6⋯.mp4 (1.27 MB, 1280x720, 16:9, jumalautakissa.mp4)

>>33877

Nope. My parents broke up when i was 11, and i stayed at both places. It's not that, i'm just afraid of other people. No sexual abuse in childhood either, bullying ofc. Everyone endures that.




File: ecff5ae388340a1⋯.jpg (37.17 KB, 500x489, 500:489, 1462992556968.jpg)

 No.33605[Reply]

Is violence in the form of self defense /unkind/?

When slapped, Jesus said "you may now slap the other side of my face". Hugging an agressor in the hope that you'll show him the power of kidness is very noble, but if you did that in real life you'd end up being killed.

What do you think?

17 posts and 6 image replies omitted. Click reply to view.

 No.33817

>>33811

>funny comic. did you make it in paint.net?

Sorry for the double post, but yes. Surprisingly strong program!


 No.33818

>>33816

>Sure there is! See pic related.

This is no standard to be held to, it relies on other objective standards to be even valid, without those it is just illogical. Secular ethics do not make sense. Things like the categorical imperative do rely on metaphysical validation, otherwise they are meaningless. If there is no God, then there is no reason for me to not pursue my own interest whereever I see fit and jew my fellow man where I can. There is nothing wrong with crime, only with getting caught. If we assume there is no God, then it would not be in my best interest to follow the principle in your picture, rather I should not follow it but fool everyone around me into following it, and pretend to do so myself; this would be the reasonable approach.

>You can't hold a child to the same standard as an adult.

I see no reason to assume that bad things become ok when children do them. There may however be specific acts that have an altered meaning depending on the person doing them, which has no influence on the general principle, however.

>What does that even mean, exactly? Did he feel all the pain in the entire history of the world, both present and future, at that exact moment?

Yes. If you visit mass at easter they will go into detail about this.

>And how does that even help us?

I think we are getting to off topic here for me to answer this one in detail. >>>/christian/

>If there is a god, then he must have created us for entertainment purposes.

This is an assumption. I do not think that it correlates with the world we live in nor with the statements made by God on that matter. Rather the world was creaed to glorify God, and man to have a relationship with God and rule the world God created.


 No.33819

File: eb9a26cf4039626⋯.png (58.31 KB, 590x590, 1:1, 1453421319058.png)

>>33818

>off topic discuss

There's nothing wrong with it here as long as you keep it civil. Feel free to keep going, friend.


 No.33826

File: 8fe38e1019e0ed2⋯.jpg (672.54 KB, 2800x830, 280:83, 1442178618999-0.jpg)

>>33818

>If there is no God, then there is no reason for me to not pursue my own interest whereever I see fit and jew my fellow man where I can. There is nothing wrong with crime, only with getting caught.

Only if you do not feel empathy, sympathy, shame, pride, companionship, friendship, etcetera. Those are not merely mushy feelings, but evolutionary survival mechanisms, and the fabric of our very society. You make religious people out to be cowardly, selfish sociopaths who need to have the fear of a malicious supernatural entity put into them to keep them in line, and keep the rest of us safe.

>I see no reason to assume that bad things become ok when children do them. There may however be specific acts that have an altered meaning depending on the person doing them, which has no influence on the general principle, however.

The end result may be unquestionably bad, but the actor cannot be held entirely responsible. You're not suggesting we try a robot arm for murder because it crushed a factory worker? Or name it an "evil robot"?

>Rather the world was created to glorify God

Ah yes, and to have no other gods before him, for he is a jealous god. But if omnipotence and omniscience are no defense against egotistical insecurities, then I cannot see them defending against the boredom of infinity. Therefore we are "for laughs."

I was more interested in your interpretations of the Heysoos questions I asked. My area is protestant, would their interpretations even be in line with /christian/?

Picture not related but entertaining


 No.33827

>>33818

>If there is no God, then there is no reason for me to not pursue my own interest whereever I see fit and jew my fellow man where I can. There is nothing wrong with crime, only with getting caught. If we assume there is no God, then it would not be in my best interest to follow the principle in your picture, rather I should not follow it but fool everyone around me into following it, and pretend to do so myself; this would be the reasonable approach.

It sounds like you're operating mostly on the first two fundamental reward centers of human consciousness: desire for safety and Nietzschean will-to-power. I see it in your pattern of thinking "if I don't have to, then I will be malicious for my own pleasure". As a fellow hedonist I feel sympathy to you and therefore I'd like you to know there's so much more life to enjoy once you align these two fundamental reward circuits. The "high" you get from sense of safety and power is something very mundane relatively to the stuff you could potentially get. I've come to terms with these two evolutionary circuits using awareness meditation and ever since I'm high all the time. I had no idea music could feel like this.

It's because before all my neurotransmitter-resources were being spend on making sure I obsess about safety and power (fish and mammal brains respectively). If these reward centers were satiated and I'd drink some coffee, I'd could also get high on the third circuit (intellectualization, language, writing, calculating) or even fap (socio-sexual circuit).

But after some meditation my thought patterns have changed. Instead of getting high from neurotic tendencies, daydreaming, rationalizing what horrible things I can do for pleasure, I get high simply from looking at complex things like trees or pavement. I feel strong pleasurable connection to random people and music is so loud. When I read your post I just had to tell you this because I saw myself from the past in you. I'm just so glad I somehow got myself out of this sort of thinking "if there is no god, then there is no reason for me to not pursue my own interest". You only realize what a hell it is after you are out of it. You could be a billionaiPost too long. Click here to view the full text.




File: 5e9655769df9539⋯.jpg (57.88 KB, 600x600, 1:1, original.jpg)

 No.33573[Reply]

I've been thinking about starting to write for a time now. I probably will at some point, I am just unsure if I should publish anything I write.

Most likely no one would want to read it anyway. Even if I published it for free on the internet and everything, so why even try. Also not sure where I should do that. Has anybody of you written and published before? Or just written? If you want to chitchat I'm here :3

I'm not sure if this really belongs here, but let's give it a shot, "Help Others!". If you have written something (like short stories or what you've got), I'd love to read it. Animu gal unrelated, but cute.

11 posts and 9 image replies omitted. Click reply to view.

 No.33759

File: f0ebe82fe44d396⋯.jpg (109.52 KB, 655x1000, 131:200, f0ebe82fe44d396f3688e21617….jpg)

>>33747

Art as we know it is an invention of the French revolution. Before there was only design, everything that looked good was just decoration on something that was actually used for something. Art as something worthy in itself, something to be contemplated and torn out of the flow of time to be preserved for eternity in museums was the result of the revolution.

If what you say about Marxism is true, which I seriously doubt, then Marxism should be seen as a return to the pre-French revolution state, not the continuation of it.


 No.33763

File: 36895c01e9b6287⋯.jpg (24.57 KB, 680x383, 680:383, 36895c01e9b6287901021484c6….jpg)

>>33759

>Art as we know it is an invention of the French revolution. Before there was only design, everything that looked good was just decoration on something that was actually used for something. Art as something worthy in itself, something to be contemplated and torn out of the flow of time to be preserved for eternity in museums was the result of the revolution.

I think one has to have been exposed to academia, directly or indirectly, a lot to actually believe something so detached from reality. Art as a form of deconstructing culture and actual value is the result of the revolution. If one were to assume that only this filth is art, then yes, then art would be a product of the revolution. But in that case you should also hate "art".

>f what you say about Marxism is true, which I seriously doubt

On what basis? It alligns perfectly with every major marxist construct, I did not even make it up myself, it is just a bastardised quote from Brecht I read years ago, and inside the marxist asylum of thought it is reasonable.

So what forms of art did the revolution invent? Literature? All kinds of poetry exist since there is written account, was Ovid not an artist? Painting? The sictie chapel is probably the worthiest and most famous in this regard, and is a bit older than the Revolution. Music? Haydn? Opera comes up in the renaissance, dance and song was very popular in the middle ages, there are even accounts of it as an art in antiquity, not even getting started on tales like the one from Orpheus being a testament to the way people respected and appreciated it as exactly that, art, a touch of the divine. I just fail to see here, like everywhere else, where there is a single good thing the revolution has brought about in this regard.


 No.33765

File: 16e93bf432d971a⋯.webm (749.07 KB, 640x360, 16:9, academia.webm)

>>33763

>I think one has to have been exposed to academia to actually believe something so detached from reality


 No.33783

>>33763

Not him, but are you referring to this quote?

>Unless an actor is satisfied to be a parrot or a monkey he must master our period's knowledge of human social life by himself joining the war of the classes. Some people may feel this is degrading, because they rank art, once the money side has been settled, as one of the highest things; but mankind's highest decisions are in fact fought out on earth, not in the heavens; in the 'external world', not inside people's heads. Nobody can stand above the warring classes, for nobody can stand above the human race. Society cannot share a common communication system so long as it is split into warring classes. Thus for art to be 'unpolitical' means only to ally itself with the 'ruling' group.

I mean, he's not entirely wrong. The way we think is conditioned in large part by ideology, and that naturally seeps into the art we create. Brecht isn't saying that art should be political, he's saying that it is. Even if a work is "unpolitical," it still represents the biases of its creator, and those usually tend to favor the status quo. I think the point of the quote is just that we should accept that art is political, and that being political doesn't detract from its value. Brecht wrote some good plays despite being on the left, just like someone such as Dostoevsky or Mishima wrote good novels despite being on the right.


 No.33784

File: 1c460c22ec3ae2b⋯.pdf (277.13 KB, Empires.pdf)

File: fb5735822a39785⋯.pdf (124.72 KB, かすかな声.pdf)

File: 3720ccd27b09dcf⋯.png (164.62 KB, 1920x1080, 16:9, 1390572041200.png)

>>33747

>Tell me about your audience, how did you find it?

Poetry websites, mostly. At different times I was in touch with people who wanted to publish things I had written but cannot really remember how those things presented itself. There are words I wrote at one point floating about there somewhere among different little publications with their own audiences but I never really had any contact with the various readers.

Much like here, now, I kept myself pseudonymous at best and over the years tended to rather frequently done one "identity" to start without some meaningless popularity attributed to a username as a means of hoping to be able to break into some form of dialogue with those reading and commenting but it never really worked out that way.

>I'd read it. What were you writing about?

Life inside and outside of my head, mostly.

Those two .pdf files were all that I could find of my writing. Everything else is gone, I guess.

This thread seems to have taken a political turn, unfortunately.




File: 1458583465850.jpg (58.53 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, 1458470631268.jpg)

 No.28697[Reply]

Quick!

Tell me your favorite:

>sound

>taste

>smell

>colour

>texture

55 posts and 19 image replies omitted. Click reply to view.

 No.35231

sound: Trains in the distance

taste: helva

smell: cedar

colour: purple

texture: dog petting


 No.35239

>sound

City sounds at night, trains in distance, birds in the morning.

>taste

Dark chocolate and fruit

>smell

Garages, basements, gasoline, woodsmith shops, peanut oil.

>texture

Mashed potatoes


 No.35240

>>35239

>color

Purble and blue


 No.35243

>sound

wind blowing through trees

>taste

hot buttered crab meat

>smell

freshly baked bread

>colour

the color of trees through heavy rain

>texture

soft skin


 No.35265

>sound

A big fat reese bassline

>taste

I ate some grapes on acid once and it blew my mind

>smell

Burnt silicon/ old computers

>colour

Purple!

>texture

Never really considered it. Maybe really soft hair.




File: ffb9f1f6efdf856⋯.png (2.44 MB, 1024x1524, 256:381, 4543643534.png)

 No.33563[Reply]

What your plans for the weekend /kind/?

6 posts and 4 image replies omitted. Click reply to view.

 No.33583

File: ede66fc03f3e37d⋯.png (462 KB, 600x600, 1:1, 1478121795058.png)

Nothing!


 No.33703

File: 9b330cea31a2ab6⋯.jpg (313.92 KB, 792x750, 132:125, Online Bubbling.jpg)

Planning on staying home and chilling. I really wanna get high, But i got no Ganja.


 No.33716

Well, my computer crapped out on me last week, so I'll probably just play whatever mobile games I find and eat PB+J sandwiches.


 No.33718

File: f4730583e4a75b0⋯.gif (1004.35 KB, 500x700, 5:7, 1828192.gif)

Fap. Lurk. Youtube. Pretend to be social.

Fun all around.


 No.35358

File: a8400206d8a732d⋯.png (55 KB, 300x100, 3:1, banner.png)

I'm going to take it easy.




File: f0c67252a4b6d0e⋯.jpg (54.47 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, f05b4bc55097ad669da8c829fe….jpg)

 No.33611[Reply]

Is it possible for an economy to be /kind/?

Which is closer to the ideal? Capitalism, socialism or some other economical system?

13 posts and 7 image replies omitted. Click reply to view.

 No.33690

YouTube embed. Click thumbnail to play.

>>33689

>I'm hearing murder, theft and controll of the masses.

>allowing the workers to keep what they work for is theft

>allowing the workers to govern themselves is control of the masses

Anon, you're thinking of capitalism.

>without him nothing would have moved and all the workers would be without a job in the first place

Not so: workers are perfectly capable of organizing themselves, as shown by the success of worker cooperatives throughout history. Vid related. Anyway, I don't care how much the boss risked to get where he is; his business model is still unethical.

>No one shall go beyond that and demand gibsmeall.

Define "gibs." Does that not describe the way the boss commands his workers, "Give me all that you have worked for so that I can profit?"

>the working class hates your socialism, they do not want your gibs, they want to work in dignity.

"Yes, good worker, keep serving your boss. It's the only dignified thing to do. You wouldn't want to be a hippie, would you?"

>All of these regulations and socialist ideas only favour big biz, but you will see that once secretary of finance Ron Paul has ended the fed.

Who said anything about regulations? Also, how do these ideas benefit big businesses? Most large corporations in the US are capitalist enterprises, not worker coops. They benefit from public ignorance of worker coops, because when workers see that they have an alternative to prostituting themselves, they start to realize how awful capitalism is in comparison. Vid related.


 No.33707

File: 1e4decd4ca022a8⋯.jpg (560.85 KB, 1114x1600, 557:800, 1453342240111-3.jpg)

>>33690

>>allowing the workers to keep what they work for is theft

Yes. Workers do not own the goods they produce. Taking a thing anyway is theft.

>>allowing the workers to govern themselves is control of the masses

You are not planning on allowing that, you plan on forcing it on these very workers against their will. Your central party bureau will push their agenda on them, for you those people are not people but tools. It is already allowed, workers are free to start doing that, unions could do that. No one does it because it is a bad idea that does not work, just a sheltered middle class socialist kid's wet dream.

>Not so: workers are perfectly capable of organizing themselves, as shown by the success of worker cooperatives throughout history.

Why don't they do that then and outcompete those evil reactionary businessmen? Because the claim is wrong.

>Anyway, I don't care how much the boss risked to get where he is;

Of course you don't.

>; his business model is still unethical.

Nothing he does is unethical. Nothing about being an entrepreneur is unethical. And the people know that, even though you communists push it on the children for decades now, you just cannot change the truth.

>Define "gibs."

Demanding another's property for the sake of it, aka theft.

> Does that not describe the way the boss commands his workers, "Give me all that you have worked for so that I can profit?"

I'm sorry that you have problems with hierarchy, which i probably your fathers fault, but nothing about the things you are saying is outrageous. The boss is not taking away the worker's property, he is existing with them in symbiosis to everyone's advantage.

>"Yes, good worker, keep serving your boss. It's the only dignified thing to do. You woulPost too long. Click here to view the full text.


 No.33709

File: b48651ead0e1bf6⋯.jpg (47.89 KB, 870x864, 145:144, exasperated_zizek.jpg)

>>33707

I'm sorry, anon, but your post is pure ideology.

The reason so many people (in the US especially) have problems with socialism is because from birth they're fed the false narrative that socialism means "muh big spooky government gunna take away my toothbrush." Socialism means worker control of the means of production, nothing more, nothing less. In this case, I am simply advocating a workplace that is democratic and libertarian. I am NOT talking about government intervention, I am NOT talking about mind control, and I am NOT talking about an "internationalist agenda." If you can point to where I advocated any of these things, then go ahead.

>Why don't they do that then and outcompete those evil reactionary businessmen? Because the claim is wrong.

Exactly for the reason I mentioned above: socialism has been given a bad name, and people are averse to it on instinct.

>The boss is not taking away the worker's property, he is existing with them in symbiosis to everyone's advantage.

How is it to the worker's advantage to pour his energy into creating a product that will never be his? How is it in the worker's advantage to spend 8 hours a day in an environment where all he does is take orders? All the worker cares about in a capitalist enterprise is receiving the bribe his boss pays him to keep working - his wage. His individuality is completely crushed, and as soon as his labor can be automated, he will be cast aside without a second thought, leaving him without his precious job.

In a democratic workplace, the workers actually have a stake in the future of their enterprise. They're given a reason to care beyond "someone is paying us to care." They're given the responsibility to make decisions which can affect the future of the company, forcing them to become educated and involved, no longer grunts but human beings. In a democratic workplace, automation exists not to replace the workers, but to make their jobs easier. So I think that a democratic workplace is much more favorable to the workers.


 No.33710

>>33709

I'm not the other anon you were in spirited discussion with, but I thought I'd chime in and say that it's increasingly difficult to separate your version of socialism, which I suppose we can call "pure" or "distilled" or "ideal" socialism, from what we have seen time and time again in practice.

for a borderline reductio ad absurdum argument, I will posit that: according to statistical probability, I should be able to throw three shirts and three pairs of jeans in my clothes dryer, and if I run it enough times, at some point, I should be able to open my dryer to find three folded shirts and three folded pairs of jeans, ready to be put into my dresser.

Now, I've never seen this, nor has anyone else. So, while maintaining that it is technically possible, at some point we have to draw a line and say "this is too rare or difficult a proposition to be considered true".

All this is, of course, with the understanding that my "pure", "distilled", "ideal" capitalism that solely embraces libertarian meritocracy and the spark of the human spirit also hasn't been implemented to my satisfaction either except that one time in chile, but we don't talk about that, so really, I'm just shouting into the wind.


 No.33719

There's no point in talking to people who decided they won't listen to what you have to say.




File: 2264f41b6529c00⋯.png (330.93 KB, 695x564, 695:564, 1464020547459.png)

 No.33295[Reply]

hello friends. in this thread i will kindly hand out (You)s to everybody who wants it

41 posts and 27 image replies omitted. Click reply to view.

 No.33664

File: 3bb5dfe3f6d4665⋯.jpg (49.23 KB, 600x337, 600:337, CeuWMmUW4AAlqx3[1].jpg)

>>33663

Hi friend!


 No.33665

File: b268ec483a1da1d⋯.jpg (53.53 KB, 513x317, 513:317, Centorea (2).jpg)

>>33664

hiii!


 No.33691

i hate it when i make a long, thoughtful post and nobody gives a shit

could you please give me a pity (you)?


 No.33692

File: 80b62e02e4bbdc2⋯.jpg (800.04 KB, 2560x1707, 2560:1707, 1453526722243.jpg)

>>33691

We're not pitying (you) friend, we're doing this because everyone needs a (you) sometimes


 No.33706

>>33692

thank (you)




File: bc95552ea43a8e1⋯.jpg (536.81 KB, 739x1568, 739:1568, 2D. Yes..jpg)

 No.33626[Reply]

Does /kind/ go to anitwitter? Post your @s here and I'll follow you guys.

I think it would be nice to have a bit more positive people in my feed, even though I could need to work on my positivity myself.

14 posts and 8 image replies omitted. Click reply to view.

 No.33661

>>33651

That's fair enough then. Wish you luck with it anon.

>>33655

> GNU Social account

What's this?


 No.33666

File: a5a50b8a4cf4877⋯.png (230.61 KB, 540x400, 27:20, 75d4e2fa949e3d89dff1fb2aff….png)

>>33661

You know how you can send emails to your friend who uses Hotmail, even though you are on Gmail? GNU Social is like that, but a twitter clone. You register on a site, and can talk to, follow, "retweet", etc. people who registered on different GNU Social sites. It's also free software so anyone can run a GNU Social site.


 No.33667

>>33666

>GNU Social is like that, but a twitter clone. You register on a site, and can talk to, follow, "retweet", etc. people who registered on different GNU Social sites.

But you can't actually use Twitter with it? Would be nice to use Twitter without having an account


 No.33668

Not being anonymous is carcinogenic.


 No.33669

>>33666

Sounds good. If it was busy, I'd consider it.




File: 1467830125317.jpg (569.7 KB, 763x1089, 763:1089, 7f5046d3ad33be52cebd27fc60….jpg)

 No.31549[Reply]

how do you get less emotionally sensitive?

especially over things on the internet?

18 posts and 10 image replies omitted. Click reply to view.

 No.32885

>>32873

I'm kind of happy there are a few thing that still get to me. Better to have some emotion than no emotion.


 No.33615

File: fb21f22ddbe57a0⋯.jpg (61.62 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, 5496e44b75d6cb90466ead5911….jpg)

bump.

being a pussy is suffering


 No.33645

>>31549

It's a natural thing more than anything, you'll just stop caring sooner or later.


 No.33647

>>32870

That is not a logical response to your irrational fear of opinions you dont agree with.

You need to use aversion therapy.

Like if someone is irrationally afraid of spiders, and you gradually expose them to spiders more and more eventually they wont be afraid because they know it cant hurt them.

Either that or they get bitten by a black widow and die.

In either case its Darwinism in effect.


 No.35477

File: 33c8e90edc5ea14⋯.png (313.04 KB, 513x480, 171:160, 33c8e90edc5ea14d4f85826527….png)

Dehumanize yourself and face to bloodshed.




File: 1471304361165-0.jpg (6.97 KB, 275x183, 275:183, music.jpg)

File: 1471304361165-1.jpg (28.78 KB, 640x430, 64:43, painting.jpg)

File: 1471304361165-2.jpg (21.95 KB, 640x429, 640:429, poetry.jpg)

 No.32284[Reply]

What is art?

Do you practice art?

What arts do you like?

Discuss.

16 posts and 1 image reply omitted. Click reply to view.

 No.33172

>>33171

There are tutorials online.


 No.33173

>>33171

Have you tried >>>/loomis/?


 No.33174

>>33171

What >>33173 said

Also, you should check out the book the board is named after, Fun with a Pencil by Andrew Loomis. Just google the name of the book and you can find a pdf of it


 No.33175

>>33171

As with any instrument/hobby/art, the rule of thumb is that to become decently capable you need at least 2,400 hours of practice. Think abouut that for a minute: if you practice two hours a day it will still take you a tad over 3 years to just get decent.

Mastery is a whole separate level; the number you hear all the time is around 10,000 hours of practice. For some people it takes much longer, for some it takes seemingly not time at all.

The jist is, just keep at it and develop your skills slow and steady. You've got plenty of time to practice.


 No.33616

>>33173

but they hate weeabs too




File: 1448584536013.jpg (494.87 KB, 1000x1000, 1:1, 1437095521404-3.jpg)

 No.23657[Reply]

Who is your favorite Touhou character? Do any of you play the games or listen to arranges?

I like Youmu because she is cute and her boss theme is really catchy. Dualism is a central theme of her character. She is dorky but persistent, selfish but kind, half ghost but afraid of ghosts. In Touhou 09 she is randomly killing spirits wandering around because there isn't enough room in the netherworld for them, and then not too long later in the Three Fairies manga she is complaining about ghosts being mistreated when they are used to cool a watermelon. I also like that her name is written as "bewitching dream" (妖夢).

16 posts and 13 image replies omitted. Click reply to view.

 No.24123

File: 1449620314842.jpg (203.07 KB, 850x1207, 50:71, sample-a4640ab2bbde7b7952e….jpg)

i've played most of the games, but never beat any of them. farthest i've gotten is up to youmu in PCB, so that's atleast something.

My favorite character is Nue, because to me she seems like someone who just doesn't care for rules and just wants to have fun.

her design is awesome too

i listen to the music/arranges aswell, it's what got me into Touhou in the first place. Shinigiwa Satellite is probably one of my favorite circles


 No.24151

>>24006

>>24007

She's a big oni


 No.24216

If cirno were a football player would she play the 9 role?


 No.24579

I'm with this guy

>>24006

God I love Yuugi.

And because I'm a huge speed/power metal fan, I've been listening to a lot of Demetori lately. I wish they had a cover of Yuugi's theme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XsTCPD6Zhc

The first 30 or so seconds are just a calm intro, but it gets really good afterwards.


 No.33587

File: a2df7c5e043c8f4⋯.png (921.84 KB, 960x1200, 4:5, ad5dfef6618c3a3dca5a55cb8b….png)

We have a Touhou thread? Noice.

> Who is your favorite Touhou character?

Izayoi easily. Always came off as interesting to me, and maid is a qt. Flowering Night is a great theme as well.

> Do any of you play the games or listen to arranges?

Right now, mainly trawling through the fangames and listening to the music. Some of the fangames music is fucking wonderful, Touhvania and FMW series coming to mind right away. Have all main games downloaded for when want to though. The print works are comfy as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zP-AToRscxs




File: 0b22b366c5ef99a⋯.webm (6.27 MB, 1024x576, 16:9, infinitychan.webm)

 No.33445[Reply]

I miss the old days, I miss when this place thrived and it sparked such delight in my mind.

I love you guys and I wanted you guys to know that.

5 posts and 2 image replies omitted. Click reply to view.

 No.33462

Some of you guys are alright.


 No.33463

>>33458

>>33461

I guess you two are newfriends if you all don't know about continuous secret operation to spread /kind/ness on every board.

Every time an anon posts something insightful, positive or helpful /kind/ may or may not be there.


 No.33464

>>33463

I believe it was Sun Tzu that said "the most effective and kindest raid is the one in which the target opens their doors to friends"


 No.33531

File: 388990a3068405c⋯.jpg (44.6 KB, 220x199, 220:199, 1477694392671.jpg)

8chan was created some 3 years ago

I have been here for 1 year

I'm really sorry if I'm being too much of a newfriend but how was it like "before"?


 No.33584

>>33531

you could come in here even 2 times a day and every time there would be a page full of posts of anons you could read.

now I can come here every 3 days and there's barely any new posts. I wonder where do they go but then again, I always was more of a lurker than a poster so I guess I'm to blame too




File: 1435071578683.webm (841.32 KB, 906x508, 453:254, [Cthuko] Shirobako - 16] ….webm)

 No.9688[Reply]

Doesn't need to be /kind/ness related.

Just don't post anything obscene .

312 posts and 252 image replies omitted. Click reply to view.

 No.33293

>>33292

Overlord.


 No.33317

File: d3595445aba2745⋯.webm (3.78 MB, 480x360, 4:3, d3595445aba274573468859d4….webm)


 No.33504

File: 26a6c7380476656⋯.webm (3.68 MB, 541x914, 541:914, 26a6c73804766563d4de01975….webm)


 No.33509

File: 0a6b09f6c8f0037⋯.webm (9.43 MB, 640x360, 16:9, GenderBS.webm)


 No.33529

>>33504

i love this special brand of autism initial D has created




File: 6ee5d4833ce6eb8⋯.jpg (142.14 KB, 1200x1457, 1200:1457, f96e63_6033202.jpg)

 No.33466[Reply]

Any Christfriends there?

6 posts and 2 image replies omitted. Click reply to view.

 No.33476

>>33475

That would be idolatry, so no.


 No.33477

File: 3b8e00c594c5d96⋯.jpg (13.28 KB, 214x255, 214:255, 1465471702455.jpg)

I'm not and to be honest I find this new wave of "imageboard Christians" very sad.


 No.33478

File: ca8dae6dfff9917⋯.png (232.84 KB, 750x1000, 3:4, 0493c8ecaa28e488be5b19cdbe….png)

>>33477

I've spent some time on /christian/ after this thread was made, found them to be kind and earnest. It does seem to be a bit more adversarial than I'd expect a church to be, but I think that's more a symptom of their genuine passion about the subject.

I also like that they tend to oppose leftist idiocy without being neo-nazis.


 No.33479

File: 84d8d8a7c11fce4⋯.jpg (96.7 KB, 496x680, 62:85, b22d2977e525fa72b201c30040….jpg)

Yep.

Truly, He is risen, and His love is endless.

>I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. John 14:6


 No.33483




Delete Post [ ]
[]
[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15]
| Catalog | Nerve Center | Cancer
[ / / / / / / / / / / / / / ] [ dir / b2 / bcb / chori / choroy / dempart / monarchy / vichan / wmafsex ]