[ / / / / / / / / / / / / / ] [ dir / agatha2 / animu / arepa / ausneets / tacos / vg / vichan / zoo ]

/sw/ - Star Wars

The Empire did nothing wrong.
Winner of the 58rd Attention-Hungry Games
/8diamonds/ - Death can be a merciful thing

October 2018 - 8chan Transparency Report
Name
Email
Subject
Comment *
File
Password (Randomized for file and post deletion; you may also set your own.)
* = required field[▶ Show post options & limits]
Confused? See the FAQ.
Flag
Embed
(replaces files and can be used instead)
Oekaki
Show oekaki applet
(replaces files and can be used instead)
Options
dicesidesmodifier

Allowed file types:jpg, jpeg, gif, png, webm, mp4, swf, pdf
Max filesize is 16 MB.
Max image dimensions are 15000 x 15000.
You may upload 5 per post.


/sw/ sister boards
[ • russia/sw//tv//tg/ • ]

File: 2f6c843eab482b8⋯.jpg (21.19 KB, 364x314, 182:157, EU ERA.jpg)

File: 99d3d52532d0082⋯.png (124.5 KB, 759x207, 11:3, 50.png)

 No.6265

 No.6268

File: b76623763cffa58⋯.jpg (158.2 KB, 553x936, 553:936, b76623763cffa583407551f6c9….jpg)

it was russian hackers and the alt-right you stupid filthy goyim


 No.6269

Well what do you know, less liked than The Battle For Endor. Meme it.


 No.6270

File: 2f76d94dd331ab0⋯.png (251.45 KB, 500x375, 4:3, 4AM in Russia.png)

>>6269

>Endor films have been redeemed

Oh fuck yes. Now if only some brave russian souls would upvote the Phantom Menace.


 No.6271

File: d23f535bfbdfbec⋯.jpg (128.15 KB, 1191x670, 1191:670, nice.jpg)

Good


 No.6273

File: 716da0b507310ed⋯.png (371.24 KB, 386x571, 386:571, fbe029422dc96a7d29e30dc139….png)

JUST


 No.6299

What's this I hear about a "critic" wanting to get the audience reviews shut down?


 No.6300

>>6299

disneytards are trying to get the entire site taken down


 No.6332

File: 175a789ccdc3efa⋯.png (396.08 KB, 2048x1536, 4:3, IMG_5551.PNG)


 No.6333

>>6332

>movie is not a rehash

>bad @ss

Sounds like he's ordering people to go near the end there.


 No.6334

>>6265

OY VEY LITERALLY ANOTHER HOLOCAUST GOYS

Good. Literally the only non-shit thing about the nutrilogy was that one stormtrooper beating Findu Nuffin's ass.


 No.6336

File: 32be21d8cc34afe⋯.jpg (54.62 KB, 370x300, 37:30, Star Wars Reaction - He Ma….jpg)

>>6332

>that incoherence


 No.6339

File: 9d525f8b587be82⋯.gif (2.42 MB, 320x180, 16:9, hitler-takes-off-glasses-o.gif)

>>6332

>if you thought luke was out of character


 No.6342

critic level fell to 90%


 No.6344

YouTube embed. Click thumbnail to play.

IT BEGINS


 No.6367

File: a7a284ec4f9862c⋯.png (90.65 KB, 480x210, 16:7, sheev expands.png)


 No.6369

File: 7ef969395754910⋯.gif (762.08 KB, 245x150, 49:30, this-is-beautiful.gif)

Karma's a bitch


 No.6394

File: ae570bc37a51ddf⋯.jpg (83.07 KB, 1000x668, 250:167, ≥hope in man.jpg)


 No.6395

>>6342

About damn time a few more stopped sucking mouse cock.


 No.6422

>>6395

The House of Mouse as well as the Goof Troop are going to have a long word with a few of those professional critics if they keep dropping that percentage.


 No.6464

YouTube embed. Click thumbnail to play.

> ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ Struggling to Second-Place Opening in China

> Despite a massive screen count and the full force of Disney’s marketing power, early screenings Friday put “Jedi” in only second place. The top spot was retained by Chinese comedy “The Ex-File: The Return of the Exes” in its second week.


 No.6466

>>6464

Chinks probably aren't watching it as much because of Finn and Rose.


 No.6467

>>6464

>The Ex-File: The Return of the Exes

Noice. Meanwhile Jumanji is already looking to surpass it.


 No.6487

File: 423aab454b21972⋯.jpg (43.2 KB, 283x356, 283:356, IMG_4046.JPG)

>>6464

>nu-wars beaten by a chink comedy


 No.6488

File: 02e64cca5cc906d⋯.jpg (46.16 KB, 450x464, 225:232, Chinky the Cheeky Chink.jpg)

>>6487

You want biwion chinese dowas amewica? Well too bad. It go to ouh top dog, Tian Yusheng! Hohoho! Egg on face foh you!


 No.6489

>>6466

you mean shrek and donkey


 No.6490

File: e00f68641de2b4f⋯.mp4 (375.86 KB, 854x480, 427:240, Shadow and Shrek.mp4)

>>6489

Just…


 No.6492

>>6489

That's a lowbrow insult. Far more people like Shrek and Donkey than Finn and Rose.


 No.6496

>>6489

shrek and donkey were hilarious and gave out a good message about the bonds of brotherhood, whereas finn and rose were a forced couple that massively virtue-signaled and pushed the racemixing agenda, and china is now telling them effectively to fuck off by not letting it take the top spot. it won't ever jump to no. 1 in china, and quite frankly will have a lower intake than tfa.


 No.6528

>>6488 (checked)

Quick, what's China's answer to RT? I need to see people screaming obscenities at it in chinkrunes.


 No.6533

File: 8f88171dda65133⋯.jpg (162.13 KB, 540x764, 135:191, tumblr_oqgivyduio1u5d459o1….jpg)

Do you see what's happening? Notice that Rotten Tomatoes has a 50% approval rating on the film. There are also 50% females in the average population. I don’t think that it is an accident that I have read notes from women who say that the latest film caused tears of joy to stream from their eyes every time they saw Rey.

In other words

Drumpfkin misogynerds BTFO for the insecure manbabys that they really are!! smhtbhfsmalam


 No.6535

>>6533 (checked)

I don't think that explanation quite works. Even women seem to be divided on this one, if the RT reviews are anything to go by. Especially since I hear some say Leia and Holdo remind them of middle-management bitches they hate.

>that picture

Nothing about any of her appearances says "military," let alone "admiral." What was she designed for again?


 No.6546

>>6535

She was designed to be an "appealing" Vanity Fair cover.


 No.6550

>>6533

It really losses me off how many good characters like Mara, Kyle, Pellaeongods that really killed me were just thrown off a cliff and replaced with these two dimensional, nearly unlikeable characters. We could've had something truly great and beautiful. And we lost it all and for what?! Tumblrism and virtue signaling


 No.6554

>>6535

>What was she designed for again?

she's nu-mon mothma


 No.6558

>>6533

Women don’t have the technical where-with-all to register to comment anyplace but facebook.

The 50% who like the movie are Disney bots and soyboys with sockpuppets


 No.6588

I'm still waiting on E;R's review to come out.


 No.6589

>>6588

Same. You'd think he'd at least do a "semi" like his Blade Runner review. By the time he releases it, the hate hype will be over.


 No.6590

>>6554

Exactly, but even Mon Mothma's character was unique and the perfect setup for what the new republic was meant to be. And the stories focusing on her put importance on this. She exists to be the wise elder figure and a remnant of a forgotten age for the rebels, much like Obi Wan was to Luke, but unlike him, she's merely symbolic and plays no important role other than exist to show what the Republic will be like. This new bitch is just a fucking weirdo who exists to be a feminist icon and a representation of modern ideas, which are all terrible considering she gets herself and a lot of others killed for no reason.


 No.6593

>>6588

>>6589

he hasn't even made his death note video yet. by the time he gets to the last jedi ep 9 will be out.


 No.6675

>>6593

Honestly, when he made his Blade Runner vid, I was hoping this would be a sign of more regular videos what with his new "semi" strategy.


 No.6718

>>6588

Literally who?


 No.6719

>>6718

A YouTuber who doesn't upload nearly often enough.

Check out his review of TFA, Mad Max and - if you can find it online - GET OUT.


 No.6720

YouTube embed. Click thumbnail to play.

>>6718

Be not a nigger.


 No.6721

>>6720

>his name is actually E;R

Pardon me, I just assumed that was an abbreviation when I saw it.


 No.6724

>>6721

That's actually his own forced meme.


 No.6731

>>6719

>GET OUT

if they didn't delete his backup channel, it's probably on dailymotion or somewhere.


 No.6746

So I went and watched the last Jedi today. I have never been more dissapointed in a movie in my life. I should've listened. The out of place attempts at humor, The trashing of the characters themselves, the terrible deaths and bullshit recoveries, and almost beautiful moments absolutely destroyed. How in the hell they will salvage this bullshit is beyond me. It would take a literary and artistic genius to recover something even somewhat coherent from this trash heap. Never again shall I give a penny to Disney for this travesty that have the gall to call a film.


 No.6785

>>6746

Why sage friendo? Its a common opinion now and most here feel the same.


 No.6791

>>6746

Frankly you should have realized all of this when TFA came out, but better late than never I guess


 No.6811

Here's a nice little paragraph that I found out of Jedi Council:

>1. KK told us Rey was our girl Luke Skywalker. This movie is not a hero journey for Rey. She isn't fighting the good fight against evil. She's a battered wife of a villain she has no reason to give a crap about. Even in her big moment at the end where she turns him down, she takes his insult without retort and cries and angsts about his bad choice. It's the most pathetically disappointing characterization I've ever seen. Rey was supposed to be the hero that little girls dressing up like her on Halloween could look up to. I really hope that they're not looking up to this because it was the absolute wrong message. The movie ends almost with a tone of sadness that Rey failed to fix Kylo. It's just sickening;

If we assume that the writer is another liberal, then it tells us this: the movie utterly fails as the propaganda is meant to be.


 No.6832

File: c6f3ad93b12c56f⋯.png (87.91 KB, 280x291, 280:291, 1513648202628.png)

>>6811

>the movie utterly fails as the propaganda is meant to be.

So its failing in every respect? Fuck, I can't wait for Solo to come out now. It'll be the bomb of the century!


 No.6839

File: 4f3c6534488d253⋯.png (60.77 KB, 654x103, 654:103, ayyy.png)

File: 2b80cbc54e8ede3⋯.jpg (47.73 KB, 444x537, 148:179, XoqoFbl.jpg)

>>6832

And the fact that one of its main pitches is pic-related, how can it possibly not bomb?

<First female droid

Are these fuckers serious? Even if they're movie-only fags, TC-14 had female programming in TPM and there was that waitress droid in AotC, and even their precious TFA had that ugly female droid with a belly button (for whatever reason).


 No.6842

File: 387660743acccda⋯.png (626.39 KB, 1580x816, 395:204, BD-3000_Hostage_Crisis.png)

>>6839

But those were all made to satisfy the male gaze. The new Disney™ creation is the first stronk womyn droidx in history ever.


 No.6844

>>6265

Its at 90% now with critics.


 No.6845

>>6842

I know you're jesting, but TC-14 was clearly androgynous in appearance.


 No.6846

I got a few simple questions for you, troopers. was TLJ entertaining for you? do you think it matters if it was just entertaining or not?


 No.6847

>>6845

I'm pretty he just posted a betty bot as an example. TC-14 though had female programming.

>>6846

That salt planet looked interesting I guess. That seemed entertaining. Everything else was just boring or dragged on. Why ask?


 No.6849

>>6846

No. The first Disney™ Star Wars would have almost been an OK post current year action movie on its own. (You know, if it did not have the SW label and if the nigger and the spic ended up as a gay couple.) The second one had some moments that almost felt like Star Wars. The Third one was just pure shit with no redeemable qualities whatsoever. My live is worse for having watched it.


 No.6850

>>6849

>The Third one

Counting RO I assume? Seriously, whose bright idea was it to release an SW movie every year?


 No.6851

>>6846

No. It held my interest, but I thought every action taken was unsatisfying, and at the end of it I determined I cared about nothing I saw except that Luke was poorly done and out of character.


 No.6852

>>6847

my dad and I had a conversation about TLJ and the 50% rating. he thought it had it's moments, but he was entertained, and "that was all that matters".

I did find the majority of the movie entertaining, the force-connection-bullshit between kylo and Rey was boring and obnoxious. some parts of the movie that broke my suspension of disbelief too, mostly leia poppins and the magical logistics of the first order despite losing a major base and two capital ships. I seriously thought admiral purple-hair was a bad-guy-in-disguise for how much of a bitch she was to Poe, hell, her sacrifice is literally the only thing that made me realize she was even on the side of the good guys.


 No.6853

>>6846

no. tfa was honestly entertaining, even though i dislike it. tlj was just a slap to the face at all possible moments, and the action was underwhelming as fuck. it was like edging and deciding to blue ball yourself as opposed to finally unleashing that huge load you built up.


 No.6855

>>6852

>>6846

I greatly disliked TFA, but I will say that it was far more entertaining than TLJ and something many of my peers enjoyed, even the ones who hated it found it entertaining as a way to just waste time with friends. TLJ just left everyone I knew who circlejerked about TFA feeling disappointed and unamused.


 No.6888

>>6265

It's at 49% now

We're doing it, we're gonna make it the lowest rated Star Wars movie. I've never been happier to see Disney suffer.


 No.6889

>>6846

I was too busy being baffled by everything I was seeing to be entertained by it. Things like the stupidly impractical bombers and walrus boobs were mistakes that Rian Johnson didn't need to make but for some reason he chose to make them anyway. The protagonists are also really unpleasant to each other throughout the film which is jarring for a Star Wars movie.

There were a few things that made me laugh I guess, like the evil First Order ironing board and that little drunk cgi alien stuffing coins in the astromech like a slot machine.


 No.6906

>>6888

Hans Hermann-Hoppe trips confirm. It's been the lowest rated since we went below 56%, but let's see just how far down it will go.


 No.6908

>>6888

Only thing that would make this better is if the prequels started rising in the ratings just to screw with RLM.


 No.6923

>>6908

Reviews that go something like this:

"I didn't like the prequels but after seeing what disney did to Star Wars, I decided to re-watched the PT. I found them to be masterpieces in comparison, delightful,original, spectacular, and full of likeable and memorable characters.

The PT has some flaws but they pale inn comparison to the loathsome & unoriginal movies disney has put out.

PT: 7/10"


 No.6928

File: c9fc933078a3872⋯.mp4 (273.42 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, IT BEGINS.mp4)


 No.6935

>>6906

>Hans Hermann-Hoppe trips

What? Never heard of it.


 No.6936

From a moderator of Jedi Council (Bazinga'd, as if he wasn't cancer enough) also, this gem:

>Quatum- You have until I get back to my computer, an opportunity to explain to me in a PM why I should not ban you for an extended period for raising the well-denounced misogynistic “ Mary Sue” argument.

He could have phrased it any number of ways, but he chose this one.


 No.6937

>>6935

H is the 8th letter of the alphabet

please go back to the site you came from


 No.6946

>>6936

I told you all Jedi Council was fucked beyond measure.


 No.6952

File: 7e3e021c2dd44ea⋯.png (770.64 KB, 513x672, 171:224, poetry.png)

>>6888

The Meme Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural.


 No.6959

>>6731

I can't find it, and vid.me has shut down so the backup channel is gone. One problem with naming yourself something short and edgy is that it becomes impossible to search.


 No.6961

YouTube embed. Click thumbnail to play.

>>6959

lucky you i found a mirror, and i downloaded it just in case this one goes down as well.


 No.6962

File: 12be5d46156ab93⋯.jpg (264.04 KB, 780x1190, 78:119, Star Wars 049 - 00fc.JPG)

File: 1da43f8cc050e81⋯.jpg (257.76 KB, 780x1149, 260:383, Star Wars 049 - 01.JPG)

File: 8bc76b757ff9669⋯.jpg (291.55 KB, 780x1149, 260:383, Star Wars 049 - 02.JPG)

File: 54fb461c8d45d25⋯.jpg (302.82 KB, 780x1143, 260:381, Star Wars 049 - 03.JPG)

>>6952

Story Time!


 No.6963

File: 371d807c4376654⋯.jpg (297.99 KB, 780x1143, 260:381, Star Wars 049 - 04.JPG)

File: b9ddda66cd255ed⋯.jpg (299.58 KB, 780x1135, 156:227, Star Wars 049 - 05.JPG)

File: 3b4c1592875f642⋯.jpg (289.63 KB, 780x1135, 156:227, Star Wars 049 - 06.JPG)

File: 2aa816bfbcd65dd⋯.jpg (279.14 KB, 780x1129, 780:1129, Star Wars 049 - 07.JPG)

File: 742ef3c5a365beb⋯.jpg (281.34 KB, 780x1129, 780:1129, Star Wars 049 - 08.JPG)


 No.6964

File: bcb627ce9d2f94d⋯.jpg (298.14 KB, 780x1129, 780:1129, Star Wars 049 - 09.JPG)

File: 7fb1634c78d6e43⋯.jpg (277.66 KB, 780x1129, 780:1129, Star Wars 049 - 10.JPG)

File: bef8016caf703c5⋯.jpg (273.89 KB, 780x1141, 780:1141, Star Wars 049 - 11.JPG)

File: ccc5914839bb72d⋯.jpg (270.05 KB, 780x1141, 780:1141, Star Wars 049 - 12.JPG)

File: f480cbd83550eab⋯.jpg (271.75 KB, 780x1141, 780:1141, Star Wars 049 - 13.JPG)


 No.6965

File: e415cf839880c66⋯.jpg (253.98 KB, 780x1141, 780:1141, Star Wars 049 - 14.JPG)

File: 1abbab6820a04c6⋯.jpg (287.14 KB, 780x1141, 780:1141, Star Wars 049 - 15.JPG)

File: f43d84b9d3ce450⋯.jpg (295.63 KB, 780x1141, 780:1141, Star Wars 049 - 16.JPG)

File: d87d74c36121d3b⋯.jpg (276.71 KB, 780x1141, 780:1141, Star Wars 049 - 17.JPG)

File: 4d4066decd01c4e⋯.jpg (282.08 KB, 780x1141, 780:1141, Star Wars 049 - 18.JPG)


 No.6966

File: 321154c0d2b97a8⋯.jpg (270.69 KB, 780x1141, 780:1141, Star Wars 049 - 19.JPG)

File: ca6c5e1a4bfcb3c⋯.jpg (289.29 KB, 780x1141, 780:1141, Star Wars 049 - 20.JPG)

File: 4c737cb9de8f665⋯.jpg (268.64 KB, 780x1141, 780:1141, Star Wars 049 - 21.JPG)

File: c6be55dc146346d⋯.jpg (266.11 KB, 780x1141, 780:1141, Star Wars 049 - 22.JPG)


 No.6977

File: c9a508f91bf3306⋯.gif (924.04 KB, 375x211, 375:211, lightboner.gif)


 No.6980

>>6962

>>6963

>>6964

>>6965

>>6966

nice. tbh we should have story time threads here.


 No.6981

>>6952

Shows the lack of care for fans That Lore Committee Filoni is on, the same Disney did with ep7 it being a fan film.


 No.6982

>>6981

TFA was almost named shadow of the empire

let that sink in


 No.7000

>>6981

Honestly, Filoni/Rebels has gotten lazy lately. Even EA's Battlefront does a better job of keeping consistency outside of the moronic story campaign, even featuring really obscure creatures and plants mentioned in barely known essential guides from the 90s. I could swear I even heard some sobbing in the distant mountains for a split sec on EA/Dice's Endor. Meanwhile Rebels just seems to take shit from concept art that was already included in the old canon in some form.


 No.7015

>>6719

>needing other people to tell you what you think

>ecelab cancer

no you GET OUT


 No.7017

>>7015

Its really worrying how so many anons are shilling for e-celebs. /tv/ in its eternal retardation does it often, but every other board is doing it now. /pol/ has its countless share of unbearable hasbeens who they want stop shilling all over the place with dank memes and "kinos about" threads. Then /v/ with its constant Sargon and reddit-celeb circlejerking and cringy fanart, and /leftypol/ with its fair share of rainbow-haired weirdos, etc etc, and now us. Can't people just write down their own thoughts? Although then again, this makes it feel like /sw/ is becoming more relevant, so that's good… I think.


 No.7025

>>6961

Thanks fam.

Honestly, that was just confusing. Movie is a convoluted and contrived mess, and the "message" just as much if not more so. If it's criticizing black-fetishist leftist elite, why is the white family dressed up with "conservative" stereotypes? Most normies that see an old-money, out of touch family living in the middle of nowhere will immediately think >muh Rethuglican 1%.


 No.7026

>>7017

>Can't people just write down their own thoughts?

Echo chambers have a certain universal appeal. A lot certainly not all e-celebs are able to regurgitate the opinions of their viewers in a more poignant and humorous way than they ever could on their own, which adds to the appeal.


 No.7030

>>7017

>Can't people just write down their own thoughts

If they have any, sure.


 No.7048

>>7026

>Echo chambers have a certain universal appeal.

Let me just point out that there’s no point talking to people too different from you.


 No.7051

>>7048

>too different

Doesn't even some difference destroy an echo chamber (if they don't REEE the intruder out themselves)?


 No.7086

>>6268

http://archive.is/zylcm

Poe's Law, everyone.


 No.7146

File: aff6df203b7b24e⋯.webm (1.63 MB, 624x480, 13:10, burnslaugh.webm)

>everything about Solo screams disaster

>outright fired important people

>doubled budget reshooting

>salvage artist put on it

>TLJ already driving people away

I can't wait for it to bomb horribly.


 No.7148

File: 914c85d039185b9⋯.jpg (142.38 KB, 1419x927, 473:309, Star Wars - China is displ….jpg)

>>6946

Not all. But the leadership certainly is.

In other news:

STAR WARS ENTIRELY BLOCKED OFF IN PRC WHEN?


 No.7150

File: f8987b994ef8620⋯.jpg (220.72 KB, 628x386, 314:193, Star-Wars-The-Last-Jedi-Fi….jpg)

>>7148

(Fun fact: average chinese hate blacks)

"Gee I wonder why so much people in China dont liked my movie…" -Disney


 No.7151

>>7150

They also hate Vietnamese, who they recognize as separate.

Back to the failed propaganda angle…

http://scavengersholocron.com/category/home/why-the-last-jedi-isnt-just-bad-its-toxic/

>The problem is that while The Last Jedi is being branded as the most feminist Star Wars film to date, its “feminism” seems like a cheap marketing ploy to appeal to a wiser audience and downplays some of the key problems within the film itself: it’s built on a foundation of sexism, misogyny, and racism. In other words, if you’re anything other than a white male, this film isn’t made for you.

>Despite these obvious problems, the most glaring ones still remain in the fact that Star Wars is a film that claims to market itself to the people it exploits and ultimately rejects. It’s no wonder that merchandise and ticket sales have dropped when the movie is back to focusing on a white male lead, like so many other before it. Kylo Ren tells Rey that you have no part in this story, that she doesn’t belong – something that minorities, women, and the LGBTQ+ community have been hearing their whole lives.


 No.7153

>>7151

True, but I bet they're smart enough to see the bigger picture that hollywood wants to inflict that on their continent in general.


 No.7155

File: 3e5fd788351a50a⋯.png (56.98 KB, 333x240, 111:80, I will fall.png)

>>7148

B-BUT HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN?!

>>7151

This. Disney, Rian, JJ and Kennedy truly fucked up big time with this. Especially JJ with his:

<GO AZNS!

All the while not realizing most of China knows a vietnamese dink when they see one and despise them intensely.


 No.7156

>>7148

Meanwhile

>The draconian decline in screenings might actually help boost The Last Jedi's per-screen averages, as theater supply falls below the demand of moviegoers who still want to see the Star Wars sequel.

The damage control is real.


 No.7157

>>7151

>movie is good for its feminism but the reason its actually failing is because it was made by evil cis-het male white racists!

>It doesn't have nearly enough diversity!

Are these people insane?


 No.7159

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/01/08/china-doesnt-care-star-wars/

>Star Wars is only failing in China because Chinese don't know what star wars is guys!

>They just want a movie that's a representation of their diverse culture!

>it has nothing to do with politics, the movie's shitty writing or Disney's horrible way of handling the franchise!


 No.7163

>>7157

>Are these people insane?

Yes. Though I can kind of understand the logic of it. Star Wars: The Last Jedi is the most feminist Star Wars movie to date, but also the most universally reviled. In the writer's mind, feminism can't be the problem, so clearly the film must actually be a secret tool of patriarchal oppression that's carefully calculated to keep women and non-white people everywhere from ever liking Star Wars.

Add in a big helping of the author being a gullible idiot who falls for every piece of propaganda marketing thrown his way, most of his articles on that site are shilling for upcoming Star Wars funko pop releases, along with an article where he seriously asserts that Rian Johnson stole the plot of The Last Jedi from some teenage girl's ReyxKylo fanfic and you can start to see how the madness took root in his mind to begin with.


 No.7169

>>7051

>Doesn't even some difference destroy an echo chamber (if they don't REEE the intruder out themselves)?

There’s nothing wrong with chasing someone out. It simply means the people there feel very strongly and have no interest talking to a contrarian. The lolberg idea that you need to have spirited debate in every forum is a form of cuckoldry. Sometimes people want to seek out likeminded individuals to build a community, share information, and plan activities.

SJWs like to decry ‘Echo chambers’ because it’s how they infiltrate communities. Once they are in, they as a matter of course ban ‘tasteless’ or ‘outdated’ commentary.


 No.7174

File: 910d70454fdb8d8⋯.jpg (100.38 KB, 600x719, 600:719, CcL_TWeVAAA7bb5.jpg)

>>7169

How is that a lolberg idea (unless you mean those LP cucks)?


 No.7176

>>6936

>well-denounced

No, I don't think anybody has yet found a way to "denounce" the idea that a character is really fucking badly written

>>7151

>one white guy exists in the movie

>DAS RAYCIS

they really do want us all dead, don't they


 No.7180

>>7159

Disney adds token asians and it STILL fails in China…


 No.7202

>>7180

That strategy has always been patronizing and stupid. If I'm an Indian guy I see Indian people on TV, in magazines, in films, on the street, at the store, and everywhere else in my daily life from sunrise to sunset. Why would adding some literal who Punjabi to be a secondary figure of importance who ultimately does nothing valuable to the plot motivate me to see an American movie if I weren't interested in the first place? I'm not going to watch some period drama set in 1930s China that was filmed in Shanghai just because they hire a white American actor to be comic relief or carry the plot device for a few scenes. They've completely lost touch with how flesh and blood people think and act to the point where it's not surprising that they'd pay for excuses to be published enabling them to keep making the same mistakes expecting something different. They're so incapable of criticizing their own visions that they're a hair's breadth away from verbatim stating, "No, no. Surely it is the marketplace that's wrong."


 No.7206

>>7174

Most lolbergs treat freedom of speech as a sacred right and will engage in protecting the speech of others to the absurd. This would be well and good if people truly practiced it, but it only ever goes one way, where we must be tolerant of batshit crazy SJWs and goons.


 No.7207

>>7176

The fact that even straight male villains now triggers them too, its safe to say that we are all fucked.

>>7202

Yes, China is clearly in the wrong here for not appreciating Disney's cheap attempt at pandering to them yet somehow failing to understand how their target thinks. Hell, SW was a popular worldwide phenomenon, even more so in non-white countries despite its white main cast accompanied by three non-humans. Disney can't comprehend that people outside of northern europe and california don't give two shits about politics and diversity. They want good well-written entertainment and likeable well-developed characters they can admire and look up to with stories that offer an almost real adventure.


 No.7208

>>6966

We really need more storytime threads.


 No.7225

>>7207

It's all the more absurd when you consider all of the times that George Lucas spoke of how he considered Star Wars to be the universal heroic myth. He believed it succeeded because he sincerely and earnestly thought he'd captured something that in a broadly egalitarian view transcends race, geography, culture, and time. It's a space opera, yeah, but its DNA is supposedly something more primal and ancestral than any of our Current Year means of dividing and categorizing different humans.

Apparently his hand-picked successor and her cronies have no faith in this achievement and think it's better to discard everyone who got it in favor of people who will never understand and never want to understand. Even if Lucasfilm continues to turn a relative blind eye to villain comics and novels by allowing old timers like Zahn to write what they want, the eventual need to comport and comply with an increasingly pozzed film and cartoon canon will be insurmountable.

Just burn it. There's nothing we don't already know.


 No.7226

File: ec8dcdc5471a385⋯.png (687.78 KB, 800x450, 16:9, consider starship troopers.png)

File: 4c1058453ed06d1⋯.png (66.73 KB, 752x1668, 188:417, left libertarianism doesn'….png)

>>7206

>freedom of speech as a sacred right and will engage in protecting the speech of others to the absurd

M8, those are almost exclusively "SJWs are the real racists" liberal normies that say that. Occasionally one will call himself a left-libertarian because he likes to smoke pot.


 No.7236

YouTube embed. Click thumbnail to play.

5:30 "China criticizes The Last Jedi for insulting the audiences' IQ"


 No.7262

>>7226

I don't like discussing politics and I really don't want this conversation getting derailed, but I will say that left libertarians are by far the most pretentious political faction with an unparalleled superiority complex. While I've seen dems and a few reps lose their shit over recent political events, left-lolberts are the only ones I genuinely find appalling since they seem to be the most deceitful in terms of how they're handling shit. Always pretending they're true neutrals and taking the smug "intellectual" stance when really you can smell their bullshit a mile away, yet newfags will fall for their shit every time thinking they're the true neutrals who want what's best for everyone. Now let's try to not stray too far from the topic.


 No.7264

File: 35cb505f6aa54e2⋯.jpg (17.95 KB, 368x264, 46:33, 1438567806895-1.jpg)

>>7236

>World Class Bullshitters

Not bad. But I'm bothered by the fact that while they initially criticized mindless nostalgia mutilation pandering like Disney did with Star Wars, they still went around and praised Ready Player One for the exact same bullshit which is nothing but mindless nostalgia and IP abuse. But I guess I'll have to live with that since they're the only e-celebs who don't hold anything back when it comes to SW, Hollywood corruption and capeshit.


 No.7287

I could've sworn it was at 48% last night.


 No.7301

>>7146

it wont tho, you very much know that nuEU will continue to exist till people get tired of this crap


 No.7306

>>7262

I agree completely, "left" "libertarians" can suck a polyamorous, STD-ridden cock. Just got triggered a bit because most lolberts aren't that. But you are right, let's try not to stray too far from the subject at hand.

>>7301

The ratings show that people are getting tired. There are still going to be a sizable number of normies that watch it because "OMG Ster Wers," but the cracks are beginning to show.


 No.7313

>>7262

I've never liked blending politics with SW either since it invariably leads to singularity cringing, but it's kind of difficult to avoid it now that official SW media is trying to syringe-feed unwanted politics to everybody still paying attention to it.


 No.7339

>>7226

Right-libertarians are specifically who I was thinking of. The kind of people who see inner cities being turned into Mordor and think the problem can be fixed by lowering taxes and school choice. The willfully ignorant who insist there are no racial differences. They see the source of all problems as government and the solution is limiting government. They cannot (and didn’t) address the shitting up of culture because they view it as not the place of politics. They cannot address racial issues. All they can do is whine about taxation and suck off every megacorp that turns around and shits out anti-white garbage.


 No.7351

File: 43c5b6e5c56a563⋯.mp4 (68.22 KB, 640x360, 16:9, Picard rates your post.mp4)

>>7339

>that strawman

3/10, made me reply. Assuming this isn't a bad troll, check out Hans-Hermann Hoppe and Walter Block for a better perspective on what "right' libertarianism is, and how it can deal with the issues you bring up.


 No.7359

>>7313

This. One of the reasons I loved SW so much was the lack of political commentary and irl social bs put into it, the closest being some vegan shit and animals rights shit. Now because of Disney, its now sadly tied to all the political shit.

>>7339

>he's serious

Some advanced retardation right here.


 No.7366

https://web.archive.org/web/20120506110906/http://www.rottentomatoes.com:80/m/star_wars_episode_i_the_phantom_menace

Reminder that prior to the RLM prequel review, The Phantom Menace had a 57% critic rating and a 62% audience rating, yet when the video started trending in 2013-2014 with the announcement of TFA, the audience rating suddenly gained over a million reviews and the score went down to 60% (and the critic rating went down to 56%) and then 59% (and 55%) by the time TLJ's first trailer came out and RLM's video gained over 8mil views.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/star_wars_episode_i_the_phantom_menace

TPM ain't perfect, but it definitely doesn't deserve to be rotten simply because RLM and Disney told them it has to be hated and despised.


 No.7372

>>7366

The thing that I hate about the RLM videos isn't that they lambasted the prequels. Lots of people thought they were shit and ruined muh childhood. What I can't stand is how intellectually lazy it enables normies to be. Nobody feels like they need to articulate or explain why they think the prequels are a cinematic sin against God. All they do is point you to watch the RLM reviews. Mr. Plinkett does all of their thinking for them. It's offered as an excuse not to argue or show their thinking. The prequels are objectively bad movies and RLM dutifully explains why. What burns my ass worse is how now if you try something like linking the 108 page rebuttal to the Plinkett reviews the same people go, "LOL autism" because apparently you're allowed to make hours of YouTube commentary savaging something as shit and have it be quality entertainment but defending something is for gay ass nerd bois.


 No.7375

>>7351

>>7359

>muh right libertarians

I was in on all that stupid crap myself once. When you kids grow up, you’ll realize that the only way to achieve peace is to maintain a government for your people’s best interest, not to go off in the woods and pretend you are some fucking frontiersman.

Anything libertarian has been subverted by Banking Clan. The only ideology which can’t be subverted by them is banned.


 No.7378

>>7372

To be fair the rebuttal has its own flaws. He should have left out his butthurt about rape jokes and Plinkett as a character, and kept it entirely about the actual criticisms. I thought he was too quick to fall back on "it's a movie" as an excuse, and used it in the sense of "it doesn't have to make sense or be realistic" instead of the more valid use of "concessions have to be made to make things work". I also think he was too generous to the lightsaber fights, and that RLM was mostly right to consider them over-choreographed spectacles without enough emotion showing through.


 No.7381

>>7378

That's a valid opinion, but the people I'm talking about don't even read it far enough to have that argument. They just roll their eyes at the idea that some GEEK would write a long defense of a Star Wars prequel while its perfectly acceptable for a bunch of middle-aged schlubs with beer guts to record hours of bitching. It's the double-standard that pisses me off.


 No.7390

>>7264

Yeah, that fucking came out of nowhere when I heard it. Ready Player One is the epitome of shallow nostalgia pandering complete with SJW propaganda and a complete and utter lack of substance.

>I want to see the Delorean covered in Ghost Busters memorabilia driving into a city and blowing shit up! I want to see that!

>>7372

It's worse than that, normies don't even think they have to watch the prequels anymore to think they're shit because of muh RLM. I like their shit, and the Plinkett reviews are fun watches, but I've always known they weren't representative of the actual qualities of the films. I'm seeing a lot of prequel love lately though, because TLJ sucked so hard people went back and realized how much worse it could get.


 No.7393

>>7375

>right libertarian

>implying

Libertarianism is pretty retarded as a whole and is basically the party for anarcho capitalists who wish they could be anarcho commies. Now enough with the political derailment.


 No.7424

>>7390

>I'm seeing a lot of prequel love lately though

I don't like this attitude. It comes across like people who abandoned a broken raft adrift in the middle of the sea, only to climb up on a ship that passed by, only for that ship to sink, so they swim back to the raft and talk about how much they appreciate the raft. The raft is still broken and adrift, and the people on it are still doomed.

Here's my summary of why the prequels are bad films without Red Plebbit Memeia to do my thinking for me. Some of the best stories are the ones that are never told. I will explain this in a bit, but first understand that stories often have small untold elements to them. When done poorly, they become plot holes that hurt the film, but when done well they become mysteries to be considered outside the main story. Star Wars has several of these: Who is Boba Fett? How did Anakin become Vader? What were the Clone Wars about? How did Solo meet Chewie? One of my favorite one of these mysteries is from the film Back to the Future.

The mystery is "How did Doc and Marty meet?" Looking at this mystery, I have come up with my own answer in my head. More importantly I have realized that while I am satisfied with the answer I came up with, and think it is a perfectly reasonable concept, Bob Gale might have his own answer to the mystery, and that answer will almost inevitably be shit. Because Bob Gale has not given an official explanation, I can sleep soundly at night knowing that what I believed happened is as good an answer as needed, or I can discuss it with other fans in order to challenge its strengths and weaknesses. If Bob Gale were to make an official declaration on the story, it would burn the opportunity to speculate with others, and imagine for ourselves the answers. In this way, the mystery becomes an untold story that has its own satisfaction to it.

This is the problem with the prequel trilogy. Instead of allowing the infinite possibilities of our own imaginations to fill in the mysteries presented within the films, he provided his own answers. All of these answers are inevitably inferior to the speculations that others could provide. What makes it worse however, is that the entire prequel trilogy is placed on a Procrustean Bed and is tortured to fit Anakin's fall to become Darth Vader. Many of the faults of the prequel trilogy fall casualty to these two overarching problems.

Because of how mangled the storyline of the prequels turned out, I initially looked forward to TFA. Not because I wanted a return to form, but a significant departure from the previous films. I wanted a different movie that didn't tie itself to the others. When I saw the teaser trailer for TFA my first thoughts were, "this doesn't look much like Star Wars - good, finally it's got some fresh blood behind it". Then the film came out and well, now we're here with this mess.


 No.7447

>>7424

You can dislike it all you like, but it's still preferable for the Prequels to have both merits and failures weighed fairly instead of what Disney wants.


 No.7455

>>7447

>merits and failures weighed fairly instead of what Disney wants.

But is it? What significant merits do the prequels actually possess that have been overlooked? "It didn't propagandize me with CY+2 politics" does not make for a worthy merit of consideration, considering you can get the benefit of the same merit by staring at a blank white wall.


 No.7456

>>7424

Nobody's saying the raft is a luxury ship. It still beaten and flawed, but everyone would rather sink with the SS Disney just because other people told them not to use the raft. The raft should never be treated as a luxury vessel, but it shouldn't be completely dismissed and treated like some useless piece of rotting driftwood when it at least did its job for the most part and everyone was allowed on it, while on the SS Disney, not everyone is allowed and no care or maintenance of any kind is put into it, simply looking pretty and likeable for the sake of tricking you out of your money because it had pretty aesthetics.


 No.7457

>>7455

The prequels gave us some more worldbuilding. Despite the normie consensus, I actually liked watching interstellar politics, it gave a nice view of what the Republic was. There's also Sheev. Making Palpatine/Sidious a political mastermind playing both sides of a war against one another was a good move.


 No.7470

>>7457

I can't say I hated it. I guess my issue is that to say the films were misjudged I expect something strong in the film that was really overlooked. The world building argument comes off as weak because any film set in the Star Wars universe will by the needs of the story end up giving the audience more world building. I hope that didn't come off as dismissive.


 No.7480

File: eb391ea4f6c8428⋯.webm (1.81 MB, 640x360, 16:9, Mickey_Mouse_beats_up_Joe….webm)

>>7470

>I hope that didn't come off as dismissive.

Not at all. The prequels have more than a few flaws, I was just pointing out a few things that kept them from being completely irredeemable. And by world-building, I meant good world-building, because as you said, any new content is technically world-building Except Disney manages to break even that rule by decanonizing all the good shit so they can bring out the giant pokeball.. I know that's subjective, but I thought the setting makes sense: The Old Republic, a once mighty civilization that stood for millennia, is being eaten from within by rot and corruption. The cracks begin to show as systems try to secede from it. The Jedi are numerous and known, but like the Republic they serve they've become cold and detached from the needs of the people. A Sith Lord in the shadows sees the discord, and takes advantage of it, nudging a faction here, on there, priming the galaxy to not just accept his rule but welcome it. In my opinion, this is the perfect (or at least a very good) setup to prequels for the original trilogy. You get to see what the Republic was, the Jedi in all their glory, and a plausible reason for why both fell from grace. The prequels had quite a few problems, but most of those had to do with characters (Jar Jar, on the softer side young Anakin), dialogue/acting ("I don't like sand," etc), and in some cases visual effects (also subjective. I never saw an issue with the CGI but I can see what people say about the over-choreographed lightsaber duels). The setting was fine. The plot was fine. The main characters were fine in premise, the flaws were in execution. What this all means, to me anyways, is that a "good" version of the prequels would still have the same basic story, around mostly the same characters. And because of that, you can still base good stories around the setting and characters introduced in the prequels. The films were still a net positive to the franchise.

In contrast, the new films have crap worldbuilding. Even ignoring the thousands of pages of good material they displaced by the mere virtue of their existence. What's the "new" setting? The Imperial Remnant claws its way back from the brink of defeat. Somehow with more manpower, more superweapons, and more technology. The New Republic downsized its military because reasons, so they need to form a guerrilla group called the Resistance to fight them. But they're devastated when the Imperial superweapon destorys not one but several planets all at once, because MORE, MORE MORE! If we make everything BIGGER it MUST be better, right? The "new" worldbuilding contributes nothing, and in fact serves to make a mockery of the OT, because now the hard work and sacrifice of the Rebellion means nothing. There are no new themes or factions to explore. No possibilities open up that couldn't have just been explored in the pre-Yavin empire. The characters are all flawed from the start, and even the best writing, acting, and casting could not save the premises of those characters from being shit. The plot relies on extensive coincidences to move along, and in the process either destroys established lore or makes the protagonist one big Mary Sue. Same difference really. The Nu-trilogy is a net negative on the franchise. Even discounting all of the good EU content that died in its birth. Because, not only does it fail to give us a good setting, or good characters to expand upon, it forces all future writers to work around this festering corpse that's collapsed over the timeline.

I realize now that I've gone on a bit of a rant, and that we've all heard this shit before. Fuck it, I don't care. You can't say Disney is a steaming pile of shit often enough.


 No.7481

File: 3cd4f60db9ad011⋯.png (22.12 KB, 572x496, 143:124, kekuna.png)

>>7480

>the giant pokeball

pic related

>The Old Republic, a once mighty civilization that stood for millennia, is being eaten from within by rot and corruption.

>The Jedi are numerous and known, but like the Republic they serve they've become cold and detached from the needs of the people.

I think the reason why I'm not sure whether I like this aspect of the films or not is that I'm not really sure if it is or isn't intentional. If the Jedi and the Senate are supposed to be corrupt, then it makes a lot of sense and I have been overlooking something important. I'm not sure if that was what Lucas had in mind when he wrote it, or if that was an unintended result.


 No.7483

>>7481

>I'm not sure if that was what Lucas had in mind when he wrote it, or if that was an unintended result.

Well, it was explicitly stated a few times in TPM that the Senate were too corrupt to do anything useful to solve the Naboo crisis. And although he claimed to be going for a timeless classic, Lucas did allude to history and mythology in his works more than once; Anakin's parallels with Jesus, the Republic/Empire connection to Rome, and so on. I don't think it's unreasonable to say that he meant for audiences to reach that conclusion. Even if he didn't mean that, and it was just a fluke, it doesn't matter because it's a fluke we've all accepted. The Clone Wars show touches on the corruption of the Senate a few times, as do many of the EU novels. Luke's New Jedi Order goes out of its way to avoid the pitfalls that made the old Order so detached. Even if Lucas didn't mean for any of this to happen (and I don't think that's the case), it happened, and it's had a positive impact on the greater canon.


 No.7485

>>7483

Alright anon, you've convinced me. I wasn't aware that other writers canonized the corruption of the senate, but it helps clear up things. I don't know if it is just me, but I feel like certain aspects of Star Wars get foggy around the prequels.


 No.7488

>>7485

> I don't know if it is just me, but I feel like certain aspects of Star Wars get foggy around the prequels.

Honestly, with something as big as Star Wars I think that's inevitable. Everyone's bound to miss something at least once.


 No.7504

File: a05d61fadef6088⋯.jpg (83.54 KB, 1280x850, 128:85, 965854895.jpg)

>>7366

>the prequels are objectively bad movies and RLM dutifully explains why.


 No.7513

>>7424

>The mystery is "How did Doc and Marty meet?"

I’m pretty sure Marty just answered an ad in the paper to be an assistant part-time while he was in high school.


 No.7514

>>7480

>Because, not only does it fail to give us a good setting, or good characters to expand upon, it forces all future writers to work around this festering corpse that's collapsed over the timeline.

I suspect we’ll see a ‘Legends’ movie be made, particularly if Solo bombs and IX does badly.


 No.7525

File: d0d5456ccb4be23⋯.jpg (72.97 KB, 544x793, 544:793, umaru threads.jpg)

>>7504

>says the Skakoan


 No.7526

File: 6897ae9d77481d7⋯.png (2.15 MB, 1200x1200, 1:1, 3.png)

>>7481

There's also a pokeball in this junior novel. Is Disney implying that they wanna buy Pokemon? They even got that shit on Disney Channel now…


 No.7530

>>7526

Is the guy on the left an ayy?


 No.7540

>>7526

That's a thermal detonator, you fucking goon.

>>7530

A Dresselian, if I'm not mistaken.


 No.7543

File: 29ff66f783d33cc⋯.jpg (102.21 KB, 500x500, 1:1, TD.jpg)

>>7540

I don't recall thermal detonators being half red and half white.


 No.7545

>>7526

>Leia is some kind of action hero operative, not a politician who can fight her way out of a problem.


 No.7556

>>7543

You need to get your eyes checked, because I see no red there.


 No.7559

>>7556

That's his point, the thermal detonator he posted has no red, but the one in >>7526 does.


 No.7580

>>7559

What with all the things Disney wants to buy, I can easily see Shitendo being in their sights. They'll start off small, asking for Nintendo-themed rides at Disney land, followed by some merch production, then they gain the western distribution rights and become the new NoA.


 No.7590

>>7559

No, you dumb shit. There's no red on that orb on that book cover either. Your eyes are playing tricks on you.


 No.8101

YouTube embed. Click thumbnail to play.

There has been an awakening. Do you feel it?


 No.8104

YouTube embed. Click thumbnail to play.

>>8101

I'll take your 2 egg lonely cat lady and raise you a lesbian feminist sperg who is completely falling apart over TLJ, it might just break her entire worldview by the next film.


 No.8106

YouTube embed. Click thumbnail to play.

>>7590

>no red on the book cover

There is. It's the little light on the thermal detonator and the reflection of the nu-alien's hand. Not saying its red, but there's definitely a little red on there from the little light and the reflection of the hand.

>>8101

I'm feeling it. I don't know much about the guy whose video I posted, but it played right after WCB.


 No.8107

File: 5c1989428537047⋯.jpg (15.49 KB, 236x355, 236:355, neat.jpg)

>>8104

>it might just break her entire worldview by the next film.

Neat


 No.8108

I hope Phasma and Nu-Wars gets more hate after the bullshit virtue signalling her character inspired against sexy animu armors. http://www.funnyjunk.com/Star+wars+is+cool/funny-pictures/5668288


 No.8113

File: d66a3f10d59ccbd⋯.gif (1.33 MB, 260x260, 1:1, sweaty man.gif)

>>8101

Oh, I'm feeling something, all right. IMPERIAL MILKERS


 No.8114

YouTube embed. Click thumbnail to play.

>>8104

Goodness. She might even earn shitlord points by that time.


 No.8117

File: 50a241cd37b3c4d⋯.png (281.83 KB, 720x293, 720:293, 'Die Cis Scum' no more....png)

File: 82e59ff472130e1⋯.jpg (33.63 KB, 644x431, 644:431, Hope for Man.jpg)

>>8114

Is it safe to say that maybe… just maybe… there is… dare I say… hope?


 No.8119

>>8117

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.


 No.8120

File: 88efe05bf5085bd⋯.png (244.08 KB, 1600x606, 800:303, 40K - Aquila-white.png)

>>8119

We need a new flag.


 No.8121

File: 6c1de878a191ce7⋯.png (62.85 KB, 333x291, 111:97, no hope left for duck.png)

>>8119

Damn it Disney


 No.8125

>>8101

>>8104

shit, i'd do either one of them in a heartbeat. the polack is definitely superior, but i'd take the closet dyke for like a rainy sunday y'know.


 No.8126

>>8125

and i should add on, i mean their thoughts in addition to their physical looks. like the first one is a total "fuck me anon" type, but the second's personality gets me rock hard.


 No.8137

>>8125

I’m into dyke radfem for some reason. Like you give them the D and they turn into a total bimbo. Why is there no porn of that?


 No.8138

File: 99e37746ff6f586⋯.png (3.09 KB, 444x273, 148:91, fuck my troopers up.png)

>>8137

>tfw no porn ever


 No.8251

>>6265

Pro reviews now at 90%.


 No.8255

File: 97feca5adea9a4f⋯.gif (32.22 KB, 350x400, 7:8, Reaction Pokemon - Slow Ne….gif)


 No.8285

>>7580

Put pokemon already turned into garbage so there is nothing for Yidney left to waste money on.


 No.8311

>>8285

You kidding? Pokemon is still a multi-million dollar franchise.


 No.8349

File: 4cf65101790aed4⋯.mp4 (4.71 MB, 1280x720, 16:9, George Lucas-burns-Kathlee….mp4)

George Lucas burns Kathleen Kennedy for ruining Star Wars.


 No.8376

>>8349

When did this happen? Also, its tragically funny seeing Kennedy claiming she gives a shit about in-universe rules and lore when all she wants is a political platform.


 No.8411

>>8376

this was the disney sale, anon.


 No.8412

YouTube embed. Click thumbnail to play.

They are literally reaching bargain bin tier.


 No.8414

>>8412

fantastic.


 No.8435

>>8412

すごいすごい!

Wonder if after Solo crashes and burns someone on the producers>toy makers>toy purchasers>retailers chain will get wiser.


 No.8438

File: bb4b5e8a3f5c953⋯.gif (2.45 MB, 200x151, 200:151, 1433551674817.gif)


 No.8445

>>6846

No, I was entertained by the Rey/Kylo v Red Guard fight.

Everything else was boring, destroyed interesting future plots, or butchered characters.


 No.8602

>>6961

God bless E;R


 No.8639

>>8602

Now if only he'd upload a TLJ review.


 No.8720

File: 648cc1ac2c63b69⋯.png (1009.05 KB, 1099x617, 1099:617, Old Harrison ford.png)

Robot Chicken did a segment on the first film, this is the model for Harrison Ford.


 No.8722

File: 65ae3fea61b4c8d⋯.png (1019.24 KB, 1095x616, 1095:616, Strawman.png)

>>8720

>tfw same voice actor who voiced Luke in the RC spin-offs also voice Luke for this.


 No.8723


 No.8725

>>8722

robot chicken is making new star wars episodes? let's hope they lampoon the ever-loving fuck out of the disney shits


 No.8726

>>8639

it's in the works

>>8722

to my knowledge mark hamill did his voice in the first rc sw episodes.


 No.8727

>>8725

>/ourguys/ will savage disney

Yes anon. That’s exactly what a group of dude weed lmao soybeards are going to do. They aren’t just going to make fun of fans who think it’s shit the whole time.


 No.8728

>>8727

Didn't they poke fun at the OT too?


 No.8741

>>8727

From this >>8723 it looks they're criticizing the same aspects of TFA that we criticize around here. Unless it's all a setup to some "LOL joke's on you RAYCISS!!!1111!" at the very end they're on the right track.


 No.8744

File: 6c58e4dff141dfc⋯.webm (2.19 MB, 1280x720, 16:9, This triggers Kennedy and….webm)

>>8725

I have my doubts. Wouldn't surprise me if he defended TLJ since everyone else in Pedowood is defending it. Also his last SW parody wasn't as good as his first one, aside from a few segments (was the Krayt Dragon one from the first or second parody? If from the first, than the second was shit). Still, we'll always have this little gem.

>>8728

That was like how someone can crack jokes about a friend/family member and make fun of them but still loves them.

>>8741

Well that changes everything, but I wouldn't put it past them to abandon their SW fanboy integrity and defend TLJ/Disney for the sake of political soapboxing.


 No.8753

>>8725

>Cantina full of all the old-EU characters they can find figures for

>a book pops in

>Oh hey, a book from the new canon

>someone reads it word for word

>"It's just a guy farting for an entire chapter."

>[This was actually published] shows up on screen

>We're better off dead. Who's up for Sabbac?

>>8722

Isn't the guy who did his voice the guy who played Luke in all the video games?


 No.8767

>>8753

I may not like Robot Chicken, but if they actually make that into a skit, I will become their mindless shill slave, shilling all over the place even if it pains me. Fuck all, I will fucking do it.


 No.8897

YouTube embed. Click thumbnail to play.

Seems that Disney's even fucking up the damage control.


 No.8900

>>8897

>188 dislikes

The damage control is real.


 No.8907

YouTube embed. Click thumbnail to play.

>>8900 (checked)

The salt rises throughout the Galaxy. And now, a military analysis of TLJ.


 No.9101

>>8726

He actually voiced a segment in an episode that was cut into the first episode.

It was actually a guy called Bob Bergen who's voiced Luke in pretty much every video game and RC appearance.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Bergen

>>8753

This pretty much.


 No.9110

48%

The trickle of righteous bile continues.


 No.9120

File: e149e86d8823315⋯.jpg (106.21 KB, 900x1200, 3:4, hello darkness my old frie….jpg)

>>8753

Will it be made into an audiobook?


 No.9127

>>9110

すごいすごい!


 No.9157

File: 8b4d689108cd21d⋯.webm (192.75 KB, 250x250, 1:1, Sender Dooku.webm)


 No.9195

>>9110

We shall hit 33% and be known as Order 66.


 No.9247

File: 437e91e42a3da7d⋯.png (406.05 KB, 1157x772, 1157:772, IT BURNS SO GOOD.png)

>>9110

Only made better by the thought of Solo bombing and EA shitting itself.


 No.9263

YouTube embed. Click thumbnail to play.

heheheh


 No.9264

File: 944005e0655c54e⋯.png (4.92 KB, 585x105, 39:7, themarysue.png)

File: 04b7691bd7e0034⋯.webm (3.38 MB, 480x320, 3:2, Ghostbusters 2016 Box Off….webm)

>>9263

History repeats itself.


 No.9280

>>9195

Wouldn't that be 34% anon?


 No.9284

>>9247

EA already shit itself, both battlefront games flopped and they made it official that's the reason MTX is coming back to nufront 2

>>9263

this is even better than captain america having captain america taken out of its title


 No.9286

File: 32df72348d83813⋯.png (531.23 KB, 441x705, 147:235, opinions.png)

>>9284

> the reason MTX is coming back to nufront 2

Okay, at first I thought EA was just greedy, but now I know for sure that they are legitimately brain damaged.


 No.9294

>>9286

they've been brain damaged for a long time lad


 No.9301

File: f8aa639d449f243⋯.gif (962.44 KB, 500x383, 500:383, happy-dog-gif-1.gif)

>>7526

>the men are ugly ayys defending the stronk womyn while they save the day


 No.9460

YouTube embed. Click thumbnail to play.


 No.10628

File: cec9a70b7dbc08c⋯.jpg (33.36 KB, 631x340, 631:340, kathsheev.jpg)


 No.10629

File: 18e7f8dcba14905⋯.jpeg (29.48 KB, 593x329, 593:329, 8194fd0d91d28b840987a2021….jpeg)


 No.10631

>be shriveled old cunt

>hate that boys didn’t let me in treehouse

>fuck jews, climb ladder because suck of cut penises

>fool well-meaning autist into making me his assistant

>connive to sell his company to kikes

>once sold, take over, shit on everything he built

>give francish to ugly weasel faced Jew who should be a bar of soap

>release movie that does well on nostalgia

>hire manlet with a vibrator up his ass to write sequel

>it’s a total shit first draft, but your self-insert with no tits and ass has a prominent role and feminism

>target soyboys, feminists, and chinks

>piss of whties

>shit on Luke Skywalker

>movie craters after initial release

>china hates it because a nigger kisses a fat vietcong peasant

>soyboys go once to theater to pose for instagram with bearded mouth agape

>feminists and pink hairs stay home and write tumblr fanfic about Harry Potter and Draco Malfoy fucking

>actual fans outraged

>let manlet shit on them

>disney is upset

>get called in dark room with altar and hooded figures

>one of them is having a coughing fit

>strapped to table

>stripped

>Abramovic chops off one of your saggy tits

>pisses on it

>gives it to others to eat

>last vision is Tony Podesta dragging a girl into the rape room.


 No.10632

>>8251

Pro reviews are back at 91%. That must've been some bribe.


 No.10639

File: 178eb088adf7215⋯.webm (2.14 MB, 204x360, 17:30, Disney execs.webm)

File: 9da46ae7e06a871⋯.png (224.08 KB, 752x318, 376:159, 856856.png)

File: 73aecd21de75c3f⋯.png (199.54 KB, 753x313, 753:313, 6457556.png)

File: f295d4bd30b8a64⋯.png (207.32 KB, 754x319, 26:11, 9467865.png)


 No.10641

If Disney decides to axe Lucasfilm, but still retains IP rights to all Star Wars content, you think there's any possibility of them letting the old EU authors write Legends content again? Oh who am I kidding, Disney will litigate the hell out of anyone that tries, even if the free popularity is to their benefit.


 No.10651

>JarJar Abrams pulling Ballbusters excuses

http://archive.is/NKbLM

Because nobody dislikes a movie just because it's shit. This is good news because if there wasn't a significant backlash and fear they wouldn't bother coming up with this kind of crappy excuse.


 No.10653

File: a5c1b643d883fff⋯.jpg (54 KB, 500x500, 1:1, Tom's High Glee - Reaction….jpg)

>>10651

>those comments

Not a one bought it.


 No.10657

File: 71c14447765d2bb⋯.png (125 KB, 326x239, 326:239, 71c14447765d2bb23fc413d399….png)


 No.10678

>>10653

Can you post them? Can't open in archive.


 No.10693

File: 5f47a9818636d10⋯.png (131.55 KB, 587x312, 587:312, sheeeit.png)

This totally won't backfire.


 No.10694

>>10693

It says a lot when the author's of said articles are getting into arguments with their own commenters.


 No.10695

>>10694

Episode IX is going to fall apart.


 No.10696

File: 57aed38651db8a5⋯.gif (4.72 MB, 474x374, 237:187, 1513662720.gif)

>>10693

>'Star Wars' Episode 9 won't be influenced by The Last Jedi fan outcry


 No.10697

File: caf83a9152854aa⋯.jpg (133.83 KB, 600x600, 1:1, emperor.jpg)

>>10693

>star wars episode 9 will not be influenced by fan out cry

Good… good.


 No.10700

Do you ever sometimes wonder if we’re being goaded into something, as if they are ruining everything because they want us to get focused on the real world?


 No.10702

>>10700

I don't think so, bread and circuses are used to distract people from the real world. People losing their shit about the circuses to this extent is similar to Roman history. Usually, when you're trying to pull really heinous shit on a populace, you want them as distracted as possible, not tuning in to see why political shit is ruining all their fun. That's why /pol/ was getting so excited about the NFL kneeling, they were hoping it would be gamergate x1000.

To keep this on track, how do you think IX is going to play out with all the shit that's happened? I'm betting that Leia will have a funeral scene and that will magically inspire the other dipshits in the resistance to rally, despite the threat of her dying at the end of VIII. Abrams won't resist using another superweapon, but I think he'll resist another Death Star. I'm betting he'll lift that force bomb from the first Darth Bane novel for Kylo to use since he's so unhinged and wants everything to die. Rey will stop him, but the sequel hook will be taking care of the Knights of Ren, since there can't be definitive endings in franchises anymore.


 No.10704

>>10700

>Everything that has transpired has done so according to my design.

They're nowhere near that clever.


 No.10705

>>10702

>To keep this on track, how do you think IX is going to play out with all the shit that's happened?

To be honest, I just don’t care. Rey will defeat Kylo, and Kylo will either just die or be redeemed and die, but I don’t care about either of them. None of this really matters and I have no investment in any of these people. Finn or Poe could be removed from the series entirely. Hux is an oaf and no one takes hom seriously. The three leads also have no shared adventures. Finn and Poe and Rey didn’t have a death-defying adventure where they bonded. They’re all going to be doing their own thing. I don’t know what the galactic situation is besides there’s a casino planet that has slave stable boys, so IX will simply tell us exactly what it needs and operate in a recasting of the Star Wars universe that does what the plot demands.

Assuming IX does well (and it will probably clear a billion dollars) it will not be due to any die-hard fan enthusiasm, but because normalfags and the SJW hype engine perfected by Black Panther can get people into seats to see an “important” film. (((Abrams))) will contrive a plot to match some visuals and sfx ideas he has, none of it will be logical, and Kathleen Kennedy’s feminist politics will be even more pronounced. They will be more combative about it in the marketing and post-movie phase where they explain why the tail on these movies is nonexistent now.

IX will suck and be remembered as worse than VIII or VII. Disney will not change course, and Star Wars will ultimately just drift downward to become Bayformers, with no real fanbase aside from the vacuous soyboys who work for all these shitty tech and nerd webzines and other progressive “nerds” who purchase funco pops.


 No.10709

>>10705

you sound like you actually WANT this to happen. cynicism is an idiot's philosophy anyway.

>>10651

I wonder, where the stupid ends and the puppet strings begin.


 No.10710

I got a question, but since the appropriate thread disappeared out of existence, might as well post it here.

was chuck wendig that one idiot among the anti-gamergate twitter bunch who kept talking about poop like he was some kind of projecting-but-vaguely-closted corprophilliac?


 No.10711

>>10709

>you sound like you actually WANT this to happen.

Don’t misinterpret me. I wish it wouldn’t. But it’s really beyond my power to change. All I can do is write the franchise off, which it’s pretty much near the point of doing.


 No.10713

>>10710

I'm pretty sure he was and also had a foot fetish, but he does reference poop a lot for some reason. There's also the author of those new fart books who is a different fellow than Wendig.


 No.11380

YouTube embed. Click thumbnail to play.

Great job, Rian, now you're bringing the malaise of your own garbage to Solo's own dump.


 No.11381

>>11380

Rian Johnson somehow made me hate him more completely than anyone else involved in Star Wars, ever, including Chuck Wendig or Kathleen Kennedy herself, because beyond the progressive politics he is such a fucking egotist. I was even inclined to feel bad for him after the shitshow of TFA and the mess JJ left behind, but through his sheer charm I now hate the fucker beyond any of the others. He is so unfoundedly full of himself, he was given Star Wars but he acts like he created it and he’s some grand master of Star Wars.


 No.11383

File: 086517130cf75c9⋯.jpg (58.19 KB, 600x450, 4:3, Absolutely Pathetic.jpg)

>>11381

Disgusting. I actually considered feeling sorry for him myself after he fucked up so bad with TLJ, especially considering he had nothing to work with since there were no real plans beyond TFA, courtesy of JJ's Mystery Box bullshit. But this cheeky fucker is no better (if not worse) than JJ.


 No.11398

>>11381

>I was even inclined to feel bad for him after the shitshow of TFA and the mess JJ left behind, but through his sheer charm I now hate the fucker beyond any of the others.

i actually thought he would be the saving grace of this new trilogy since i enjoyed looper, but i never realized that he was such a soyboy. then again, now thinking back on it, there were plenty of context clues for me to pick up that i just never dialed in on.


 No.11403

File: b7ea2f9039752a5⋯.webm (691.86 KB, 288x224, 9:7, WHY.webm)

>>11398

>i enjoyed looper


 No.11404

File: 51adb4b4217ad9b⋯.jpg (33.08 KB, 562x437, 562:437, 1307894991001.jpg)

>>11403

Not that anon but it wasn't that bad. It was overrated as all fucks to be sure, but its okay at best. Like all of Rian's movies before the dumpster dive that was TLJ. They're just average or okay. Nothing really interesting. Then again, I haven't seen that shit since… Wait…

>2012

>2018

>6 years ago

Oh shit, I was old enough to buy liquor 4 years ago. Fuck. I promised myself I would buy wine to celebrate. Fuck I can't believe I forgot.


 No.11407

File: 444aa07bbe8f46c⋯.png (2.65 MB, 900x1383, 300:461, ClipboardImage.png)

>>6839

>Are these fuckers serious?

they're also forgetting the most fuckable droid of the 1990's


 No.11410

File: ed50ccb166b62c6⋯.png (33.75 KB, 201x160, 201:160, despair.png)


 No.11438

>>11398

>>11404

Different anon here. You're both wrong. Looper is garbage. Time travel is is easy to do poorly, and Looper managed to do it even worse than usual.


 No.11439

>>11438

THANK YOU. Looper was shit, not only was the time-travel stupid the way it was used was utterly contrived and not in the slightest bit immersive. Then there was the retarded TK shit. Because one sci-fi gimmick that you only shoehorned in to justify your shitty plot wasn't enough.


 No.11446

>>11439

Contrived is putting it lightly. The TK was itself just another contrivance for why Bruce Willis had to go back in time to kill the kid before he could use TK to stop bullets. To jump through all these hoops to justify time travel, I would assume Rian would want to make a time travel movie and at least do time travel justice.

Nope!

I followed Rian's IMDB from the last jedi and Looper is sitting on a 93% critic rating which makes me wonder if isn't Disney buying off TLJ reviewers, but Rian Johnson himself


 No.11460

>>11438

>>11439

>>11446

i think i need to re-watch looper, because i remember it making a lot of sense. then again, i also watched a jumpy cam copy and not a dvd.


 No.11461

File: 1741fa2ec62afed⋯.jpg (15.52 KB, 240x200, 6:5, enjoying my anger.jpg)

>>11460

You're free to do so if you wish, but I don't see much utility in doing so. At best you confirm your initial impression and spent about two hours of your time proving what you know. At worst you've replaced a decent (or at least not terrible) memory with a shitty one, and all you get in return is agreeing with a couple unknown dudes on a chinese cartoon forum.


 No.11805

YouTube embed. Click thumbnail to play.

>Bob Iger denied compensation

>fails to pass some internal corporate mumbo jumbo despite being in control of the company for years

>shareholder bollocks him for ideological behavior, he can only get defensive in response

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOrgaQQxzeI

<capitalism doesn't work, you naive faggot! The shareholders are part of the problem! They'll NEVER raise their hand against Iger! Give up!

Do you want your plate of crow now or later?


 No.11817

>>11805

>A conservakin was able to stand up and grandstand because he bought yidsney stock for this express purpose

>Gets booed while speaking

>Small smattering of applause after question

>Iger told him to fuck off

>”see how the invisible hand can bring us a victory against public companies owned by so many kike mutual funds they can’t perform oversight on their corporate officers???”

Compare this against Brenden Eich getting fifed from a company he started just because a few faggot developers started a boycott. Meanwhile Target committed itself to losing billions rather than reverse its stupid bathroom decision. No CEO firing. It isn’t about money.


 No.11818

>>11817

Just adding on, the shareholder vote against compensation was non-binding.

>"The board accepts the result of today's non-binding vote and will take it under advisement for future CEO compensation," Aylwin Lewis, chair of the board's compensation committee, said in a statement.

(((Lewis))) later states he believes the compensation is in the best interest of the company, so the compensation is going to happen anyway.

Also, the reason for this is ‘concern’ over the large amount of the money he wanted, not anger over Star Wars.


 No.11819

>>11805

>Do you want your plate of crow now or later?

I'll take two. Seriously I hope Disney fucks itself to the absolute limit. Also what's with the sudden high traffic across the boards? Raids? Hacks? A Happening?


 No.11822

>>11819

We are being probed.


 No.11826

>>11817

Were you listening to the same audio I was? The man stammered as he replied to that. He was rattled. As for the smattering of applause and slowness of the proceedings, you expect the people in the room to not be wary of outing themselves in the presence of the big man? We'll have to see what happens, but I'm tempted to be more optimistic about the outcome for once.


 No.11836

File: c1e402ae5b63c57⋯.jpg (67.99 KB, 960x373, 960:373, ayy probe my ass off.jpg)


 No.11843

>>11826

>Were you listening to the same audio I was? The man stammered as he replied to that. He was rattled

Sorry but you’re reading too much into it. They’ve had almost the exact same exchange before back in 2013, and you see how much good that did.

>you expect the people in the room to not be wary of outing themselves in the presence of the big man

The room is a bunch of shareholders, anybody who has stock in Disney. It’s more like a town hall for investors and the whole point of going is to register your opinion on issues about the company. Nobody in the room would have any reason to want to impress Iger, the meeting is supposed to be the other way around. The truth is most of the people in the room are representatives from mutual funds, who don’t give a shit about politics or are stridently progressive. Any small time investors there are LARPers who want to go over reports and act like their opinion matters.

It isn’t a bad idea for conservatives to try to buy up stock in Disney, because if a majority of the stock were owned by them then they could start forcing the company to unfuck itself, but that isn’t the reality.


 No.11891

>>10632

They're back at 90%.


 No.11899

>>6265

MONTHS of 1 star reviews and its still at the 48% of a month ago…

These overall ratings are *absolutely* loaded.


 No.11919

Honest question now, the critics obviously where bought, but what did they actually say? I know some critics, and probably a good half of them, are so shit smear crazy, they would have damned this movie for even one of the numerous complaints. Assuming they weren't paid off. I know critics have a big stiffly for "Finding Forrester" failed/fallen hero archetypes to the point of fetish. So I'm not too surprised that this was "critic bait" but I know they wouldn't have ignored the disjointed mess of a story the scenes played out. Unless if these critics where all "scene critics" where the movie itself didn't have to make sense, so long as the "scene by scene" was good, and are able to completely ignore other scenes too.


 No.11929

>>11919

According to the rottentomatoes blurb:

>Star Wars: The Last Jedi honors the saga's rich legacy while adding some surprising twists – and delivering all the emotion-rich action fans could hope for.

Because I can't be arsed to read the reviews themselves, going by this I would say they just circlejerked over "muh nostalgia"


 No.11938

>>11929

It was less that than circlejerking over a feminist star wars and prog politics coupled with an emperor has no clothes thing where everyone had to say it was great or they were a moron. Stoklasa waited until he felt the wind well and good on his finger before he weighed in even kind of negatively.


 No.11940

>>11938

Same thing is happening with Disney's latest disaster, A Wrinkle in Time. Critics are desperately trying to salvage it despite how clearly awful it is, with such statements as it being poorly written but that its message/push for diversity is what really matters, so whether its bad or good doesn't matter, according to them. I still can't believe that a fucking irishman and the The New Yorker are one of the few unbiased film critics out there.


 No.11977

File: 9f2243dba211a21⋯.jpg (12.38 KB, 233x241, 233:241, okada laugh2.jpg)

>>11929

>The Last Jedi honors the saga's rich legacy


 No.11982

>>11977

I know exactly why they said that - Hologram Leia from ANH is in it, Yoda is in it, Luke is in it. Things from the old movies are in it. Which to a soy eater is honoring them.


 No.11989

>>11380

the dumb cunt talked DOWN to Hamill after a fan asked how HE'D have written TLJ

"What would *you* do, motherfucker?"

*audience laughs*


 No.11990

>>11446

>which makes me wonder if isn't Disney buying off TLJ reviewers, but Rian Johnson himself

"Buying"


 No.12002

>>11982

Remember when reviewers were clever and insightful? Neither do I.


 No.12004

>>12002

I’m trying to think of a time a review had a positive experience on enjoying a movie, and there isn’t one.


 No.12005

>>12002

I almost pointed to reviewers like E;R who use wit and cleverness to rip into things they hate, but even in that sense you're correct in a lot of ways. Sure, the one or two people that stand up and say "the Emperor has no clothes" are better than the legions of willing ignorant who don't say anything, but it also doesn't take much skill to rise to that level; even in the original fable the Emperor was called out by a mere child, after all. It doesn't take a genius to look at a festering pile of dogshit and call it a festering pile of dogshit, any functional person can do that. It's just that these functional, normal people look like supermen next to the morons shoveling the dogshit into their mouths, loudly proclaiming what a delicious apple pie they've found. Although to be fair E;R goes into far more detail about what makes good characters, good worldbuilding, and similar analyses than the bare minimum necessary rip into something objectively bad, something many of his contemporaries fail to do. Spoilered because eceleb shilling


 No.12007

>>12002

People like to pretend Siskel and Ebert were clever and insightful, but anyone who's seen their Return to Oz review (among others) would know otherwise. So yeah, I don't remember such a time either. Gene Shalit was alright tho.


 No.12291

File: 34fdac2342de7d6⋯.jpg (597.48 KB, 2579x1984, 2579:1984, Star Wars - The Unprofitab….jpg)

Here's a picture form of that one video. Spread it round, weaponize it against all shills and turncoats.


 No.12293

File: 983fe6762473963⋯.png (58.92 KB, 181x256, 181:256, expand_dong_folder.png)

>>12291

Into the folder it goes. If only E;R had seen this before he made his review, otherwise he wouldn't have called the film a financial success.


 No.12295

>>12293

Anyone have a Twatter or gab account that can send it to him?


 No.12297

>>12295

Nope. Any brave trooper out there have one? We must get this to that weebfaggot E;R post-haste and hope he does something with it.


 No.12298

>>12297

Fuggit, I've got a burner email address for purposes such as these. I'll make a throwaway and pop it his way.


 No.12299

File: d3244702a3d6a49⋯.png (342.12 KB, 646x732, 323:366, Capture.PNG)

>>12298

Forgot pic.


 No.12300

File: e4df27c3c906d33⋯.png (115.24 KB, 246x238, 123:119, 1478784325423.png)

>>12299

Now to play the waiting game.


 No.12301

File: 4ec7beb57368eda⋯.png (192.43 KB, 745x323, 745:323, HOW LOW WILL IT GO.png)

HOW LOW WILL IT GO


 No.12302

File: aa9b462842b86b7⋯.jpg (35.11 KB, 426x341, 426:341, besilisk worry.jpg)

>>12299

>>12300

He might do nothing and call us faggots though…


 No.12303

File: 6589561615c10d4⋯.gif (479.07 KB, 300x227, 300:227, dc782cfcdb5a48c99f41380013….gif)


 No.12304

File: d35a2a987982335⋯.png (313.44 KB, 646x949, 646:949, Capture.PNG)

>>12302

He ended responding, and didn't really object. Doubt we'll see a video update though.


 No.12307

>>12302

Nice OC


 No.12309

>>12301

In ten years, the audience score will be 30%. We’re not locked in with it, it’s locked in with us.


 No.12310

>>6265

Apparently RT doesnt count 1/2 star reviews. That's how it has failed to go down since hitting 48%

4/5ths of all reviews are half a star.


 No.12312

>>12310

Where did you read that anon? Is it a new policy they implemented just for TLJ? I would assume so, because offering a rating option, then not counting it, is retarded.


 No.12316

>>12310

Not that I don't want this to be true, but you got any sauce? I want to share it wherever I can for any that say that try say otherwise.


 No.12322

>>12304

Cool. Maybe it'll be a part of a later video, though. You might want to send it to other reviewers who've taken our side. Mauler, Worth-a-Buy's Mac, Razorfist, and others I could name. Like I said, this needs spreading as far as possible.


 No.12387

YouTube embed. Click thumbnail to play.

>>8126

>>8137

Her smile stirs my loins too.


 No.12398

>>12301

>and delivering all…fans could hope for

>Audience Score: 48%

It's beautiful.


 No.12421

>>12304

>the last forcebender

fuck, i didn't need to be reminded how the 2nd series of avatar was this crap: the prequel.


 No.12422

File: b8810da35f1ee87⋯.jpg (56.78 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, argyria.jpg)

>>6265

Remember when Rotten Tomatoes was once the legit critics who gave a correct score compared to the rest of the movie critics? What the fuck happened?


 No.12424

>>12422

>What the fuck happened?

jews.


 No.12426

YouTube embed. Click thumbnail to play.

>>12421

>it's the first time he's heard of the phrase "The Last Forcebender"

>he enjoys hating on the Legend of Whorra

Allow me to introduce you to fun youtuber and technically an eceleb E;R


 No.12431

>>12422

They realized they could make more money by selling out to the film makers then actually caring about their content. For fuck's sake, when TFA came out, their tomato meter was a duracell battery and ads for other kinds of shit covered the page.


 No.12482

>>12422

Places that give correct scores, or actual news stories without the bias only do so because they have an incentive. Basically telling the truth is what sets them apart from the bigger websites. Once these places grow to a sufficient size they don't need their niche audience anymore, or some big special interest group pays them off they drop any pretense of objectivity like a box of rocks.


 No.12486

>>12482

I think its a play ball (take the payoff) or we'll shut you down, type of thing.


 No.12502

>>12486

Threats seem unnecessary. I remember listening to Uwe Boll talk about Harry Knowled from aintitcoolnews when he was accused of groping women from his scooter. He said he remembered Harry bragging about how Paramount wanted him to fly out to their studio and were talking about doing a script with him.

Uwe correctly surmised that the move was transparently done to get positive reviews, and that the mere prospect of getting involved in making a movie was enough to buy the fat fuck off. This is pretty much how Yidsney bought off Stoklasa. They sent him cheap plastic shit and he said he loved TFA.

The tragedy is it isn’t even money or threats which buys these people off, just flattery. They just pretend to like them and they go fawning.


 No.12652

YouTube embed. Click thumbnail to play.

>the worry of Luke Skywalker "upstaging" your character

…I didn't know these things could still anger me.


 No.12661

>>12502

The man may have made some pretty terrible movies, but man, listening to him shit on Hollywood is fantastic entertainment. Highly recommend.


 No.12662

>>12661

Real talk - I think Uwe gets shit on more than he deserves. In the Name of the King was a fun movie which was competently made and has some great scenery-chewing from Ray Liotta.


 No.12663

File: 86e5e7ec681c98f⋯.jpg (48.54 KB, 354x352, 177:176, 86e.jpg)

>>12652

Am I supposed to be surprised? I realized this was what they were doing the moment we started to see more of TFA and more of Disney's shitty nu-EU and their dismissal of the old/


 No.12665

>>12663

No, simply deepening your anger.


 No.12670

>>12312

might be disney strong-arming them, since RT admitted the reviews were genuine and not bots.


 No.12709

YouTube embed. Click thumbnail to play.

Here's another sad one.


 No.12715

File: 34d2ede0288a4f6⋯.jpg (20.52 KB, 500x381, 500:381, crying.jpg)


 No.12852

YouTube embed. Click thumbnail to play.

Looks like she's back for another pass.


 No.12855

>>12852

Her raw emotion is arousing.


 No.12859

>>6265

HIT 47% TODAY. PRAISE SHEEVUS


 No.12860

>>12852

She's the dyke version of Aydin Paladin.


 No.12863

>>12855

As is her brief moment on "glistening."

Ooh, and she even turned on Kathleen Kennedy for the specific point on "taking the Force away from half the population."

>I am attracted to male energy

Well then. Are we sure she's a dyke?


 No.12864

YouTube embed. Click thumbnail to play.

>>12863

Is she Jewish?


 No.12866

File: 9b0e03318beaa7d⋯.png (628.32 KB, 776x543, 776:543, 9b0e03318beaa7d53451ffcb89….png)

>RT score at 47%

>Metacritic user score at 4.5

>Metacritic so butthurt that they've concealed all signs of user reviews unless you click on the Critics review and they give it an 85 overall because of "majority of critics" and not the thousands who voted otherwise

Can our evil plot be stopped? Only thing that could make this better is seeing Solo crash and burn more horribly than we can imagine.

>>12852

Who is this?


 No.12869

>>12864

Listen to the last seconds of the video that was posted earlier.


 No.12874

>>12869

So she is a Muun.


 No.12875

>>12866

Just a youtube (((normie))) loving Abrams Star Wars but now hating Rian's version.


 No.12879

>>12875

Baby steps. She's a heretic now for rejecting Rian at all. There's no return from that. Also, did you miss her rejecting Kennedy outright? Also, echoes only work when they try to hide it, you goof.

>>12864

Rhetorical questions only work when you use them right, anon.


 No.12881

File: 1a25e16c04eb1db⋯.jpg (381.82 KB, 1920x1080, 16:9, 1a25e16c04eb1db199f1ffdedb….jpg)

File: 6b941df6f233b3b⋯.jpeg (332.62 KB, 2461x1210, 2461:1210, 1b84721b351af98eda1a0c52d….jpeg)

File: eeda65b50d18e03⋯.png (660.31 KB, 1118x576, 559:288, b77469965977395ea5f2348886….png)

I know I'm really late to the game here but I just saw the movie yesterday and it was so fucking shit I couldn't believe it.

None of the characters mattered, and none of their actions mattered. Their motivations were muddled and unclear. Every plot and subplot was completely pointless. You could make an edit of the film that completely cuts out The Adventures of Dindu and Dog-eater and it wouldn't change a goddamn thing about the story except make it shorter. The movie is 2 and a half goddamn hours long, and in all that time nothing really changes except Snoke dies and the "Resistance" (is it still a Resistance if it's backed by the official governing body of the galaxy?) loses 90% of its personnel to enemy fire. Daisy Ridley still can't close her fucking mouth. Nobody acted in a logically consistent way. The "twists" were either predictable, had no emotional payoff, or both. I had zero expectations and it still managed to disappoint me.


 No.12882

File: 2f14a5701382a68⋯.jpg (22.5 KB, 756x661, 756:661, 26165165_10159633794030391….jpg)

>>12852

For a Jewish dyke she seems really reasonable, which is a phrase I'd never thought I'd say in my entire life


 No.12883

>>12855

Wait until she makes a rant with her body covered with peanut butter.


 No.12886

>>12882

Inevitably she will turn on us, and in all likelihood she is feigning heterosexuality for pateron bux from men who want to bang dykes, but I shall enjoy the delusion and choose to believe she is sincere for now.


 No.12887

>>12882

Shows how your standards have lowered.


 No.12888

OT, are there any sites where men bang bull-dykes?


 No.12889

File: defcf053699e57c⋯.png (184.65 KB, 479x479, 1:1, gay silence.png)


 No.12891

>>12886

Anon, you don't need to cover your ass this much just because you like a girl. This is /sw/, not /swr9k/. Which would probably be inhabited by NEETish Sith ghosts.

Also, I'm starting to wonder if none of you faggamuffins live in the Midwest or South. We get a lot of housewives who cut their hair short for practicality's sake.

Sage for the obvious.


 No.12892

>>12891

>Also, I'm starting to wonder if none of you faggamuffins live in the Midwest or South. We get a lot of housewives who cut their hair short for practicality's sake

For older women yes. Having hair that short at her age is unusual. Most often times it is a sign of lesbianism or punk rock enjoyment.


 No.12894

File: 33577888bc40e41⋯.png (126.36 KB, 417x319, 417:319, choochooback.png)

>>12881

>Holdo is literally a self-insert

Can this character be anymore tumblrific?

>>12888

For some reason, those digits combined with that post make me amused.


 No.12895

>>12891

As a midwester I do see this phenomenon. However, I'm inclined to agree with >>12892. Something tells me she's not a housewife, and that swept-over, short on one side and long on the other thing she has going with the hair isn't strictly speaking practical. That being said she's far less blue-pilled and far more reasonable than I would have expected, particularly the Kennedy bashing. As you pointed out she will forever be a pariah thanks to going against Johnson and Kennedy. Because the primary benefit of leftism is its social acceptability especially among women, once her friends start turning their back on her she'll have much less reason to support it. Her uploads also show she's made a video decrying the landgrabs happening in South Africa as well, which will accelerate the pariah-making and shows she's capable of thinking critically on things besides Star Wars.


 No.12896

>>12894

>laughing at der furhertrippen’s peccadilloes

Don’t judge me.


 No.12897

>>12894

triple 8 trips are Hans-Hermann Hoppe trips. I intend to force this meme long after it stops being amusing.


 No.12903

YouTube embed. Click thumbnail to play.

Wait a minute, technobabble? Feh.

>all those takes for a slap


 No.12919

YouTube embed. Click thumbnail to play.

>>12895

Goooood, goooooood. Let the hate flow through her.

Sorry, m8, I just found "she's a dyke lol" increasingly silly the more I heard. I'm starting to think that our sort like this energy not just because its going in a direction we like, but because there's genuine anger behind it, not the shrill fake-outraged shrieking we're used to out of left-wing women.

>Democratization of the Force

You know, I wouldn't mind this so much if they handled it like the Reborn or 40K's psyker problem, and had lots of petty tyrannies and horror stories coming out of the new Force-users' madness. But of course they won't.


 No.12920

>>12903

Every blooper reel and deleted scene is a reminder that not only was TLJ a complete shitshow, it was the best possible footage out of a giant pile of takes that managed to be even worse.


 No.12927

>>12920

We need more and longer blooper clips from this movie, especially for the leads.

Also, completely unrelated, but did you mellow out over the course of the past year? Because you're pretty much the go-to mediator of this board when an argument brews up.


 No.12929

File: cc6bc5f8dc9f3a9⋯.webm (3.2 MB, 1440x1080, 4:3, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA….webm)

File: 42dc6e36f598ede⋯.webm (364.46 KB, 640x360, 16:9, livid.webm)

>>12927

Have I? Perhaps I've just built up a tolerance to what triggers me. After vidya, tabletop, the cinematic abortion of CIScovery, and all the other shit going down, what Kennedy and the mouse have done to Star Wars is almost 'business as usual' for CY+3. If I REEE at every single thing that angers me, untempered rage would be my ground state and I'd probably have a stroke sooner or later.


 No.12945

>>12929

It's good to be void of anger when adversity happens. But in zero ways should this mean you let your enemies run all over the things you love. Forget whatever cynical thoughts pop up in your head, things are turning around for the better, you know it.


 No.12957

File: 8016f5e0b8649ec⋯.png (170.86 KB, 994x1042, 497:521, (I don't want peace total ….png)

They want you and everything that is yours taken or erased, what are you gonna do about it white man?

>>12891

> This is /sw/, not /swr9k/.

>implying


 No.12968

>>12957

What we're already doing. Now fuck off and stop trying to tell us what to do. Tad embarrassing, really.


 No.13263

Michael Bennett

4 days ago

A plot point that would have been interesting for Rey's parents? She didn't have any. She is actually a female clone of Darth Vader/Anakin Skywalker that the Imperials grew a large batch of in the attempts to regain their lost power from loosing Darth Vader and Darth Sidious. It's why their storm troopers are drafted and mind-washed civilians instead of clones, as the resources were sent to clone the Sith… With many losses of cloning equipment and personnel due to insane force wielding clones self-destructing. It's also why Rey is so good at so many things, as she is simply recalling the incomplete programming given to the clones for knowledge and skills.

As for the people who were thought of as her parents? Rebels who discovered the project, nabbed one of the few "successful" clones that didn't go insane, blew up that base, and couldn't bring themselves to kill child Rey so they dropped her off at the first place they could. Rebels thought the entire project was destroyed so there wasn't any thought of bringing it up again.

>yfw a youtube comment makes a better explanation for a bland mary sue than any number of press releases and tie-ins


 No.13265

>>12945

Oh, I'm not intending to take things lying down, make no mistake. It's just a matter of prioritizing one's rage, getting angry at the right things and in a productive manner.

>>12927

Speaking of which, lemme know if 1d4chan is due for a Crusade.


 No.13298

>>13263

>actually a female clone of Darth Vader/Anakin Skywalker

This is retarded.


 No.13302

>>13298

I'll take it over what we've been given.

>>13265

Well, 'Father, it might help if I had an email to work with. Oh also, speaking of Crusades, you might like Real Crusader History.


 No.13305

>>13302

Send contact info to komrade54539@tempinbox.com and I'll send you a more permanent email.


 No.13312

>>13263

that's horrible. a more realistic explanation would be that snoke, like sheev before him, used the force to create the perfect apprentice. he thought it was ben solo but turned out to be rey (nevermind the fact that they're ten years apart, i'm working with what i got). it doesn't explain the instant training, but it does give an edge to her strength and quick learning.


 No.13320

>>13312

the problem is that Snoke still has to exist as a character in that scenario.


 No.13330

>>13320

yeah i know, i tried to work with what we already have, of course if i had free reign i wouldn't do it with any of these characters, nor would i be stuck making excuses for why someone is a mary sue.


 No.13344

TLJ is truly the disgrace that keeps on giving!


 No.13346

Apparently RT has a Disqus community and they are quite butthurt about the whole thing. There are even some among them saying they didn't like The Last Jedi but that it doesn't deserve hate, only praise for its fantastic effort. Yeah, totally didn't like it.


 No.13354


 No.13356

How is it even a worse shitshow than awakens? I thought they dumped jar jar abrams.


 No.13357

>>13302

>>13305

Ah well, it was nice to hope.


 No.13358

>>13354

>Rian edited out the fucking dagger because he’s that kind of douchebag.


 No.13359

>>13357

Gah, sorry, went to sleep before I did anything on that front. Is it still there?


 No.13360

>>13359

Yes, the address is permanent. Inbox just gets wiped once every 48 hours.


 No.13361

YouTube embed. Click thumbnail to play.

>>13360

Sent.


 No.13370

>>6839

rip SCORPIO from KotOR who wasn't a shit pander character and had a major role in the game. Star Wars died with the new movies, they're just wearing its decomposing face


 No.13397

>>13370

Ah yes, the droid who starts out trying to kill you, and ends up wanting to be the tin-plated honorary Aunt/nanny to your future children. Agent storyline best storyline.


 No.13399

>>13397

>Agent storyline best storyline.

Really deserved to be its own game. Sad it'll be lost when TOR dies


 No.13401

>>13399

Imperial Agent and Sith Warrior were too good for the likes of SWTOR.


 No.13903

HookTube embed. Click on thumbnail to play.

>The Last Jedi ACTUAL Rotten Tomatoes popcorn score is twenty four percent

OH NO NO NO NO NO


 No.13904

>>13903

It’s good to have proof they don’t count anything below 1 star.


 No.13911

>>6265

>People are way too hard on this movie. Yes, it had stupid and pointless elements, and yes, it wasn't perfect, and yes, it sidelined important characters for no good reason . . . what was my point again? Oh, the movie isn't that bad…

This is an actual 4 star review lmao

How is this shit not going past 47%, every page is 8/10 1 or 1/2 stars.


 No.13912

File: efe3c27b22b9fe5⋯.png (366.58 KB, 1271x753, 1271:753, alderaanfags.png)

>>13911

>How is this shit not going past 47%

>literally two posts above him

Read the thread, you dubs-wasting nerf-herder.


 No.13914

>>13911

Because RT doesn't count reviews below 2 stars, seeing them as "trolling".


 No.13941

>>13903

Imagine my shock. You'll have to imagine it because I'm not shocked in the least.


 No.13942

>>7155

I'll take the Vietnamese over China any day.


 No.14036

YouTube embed. Click thumbnail to play.

One rule for thee, but not for me.


 No.14043

>>13914

Hmm. Maybe it's time for an OSS version of rotten tomatoes?


 No.19067

So. Was this the film that made the downward spiral terminal?


 No.19068

>>19067

From a plot standpoint, TFA fucked everything with JJ’s stupid fucking idea to reset everything so the OT never happened. From a lore standpoint, throwing out the EU and replacing it with Wendig and the purple armpit tumblrinas was the terminal mistake, which again is JJ’s fault because that rat nosed kike wanted to create his own universe.

It could have been salvaged by a canny hand at the helm, but Rian was the absolute worst person to give things to. He didn’t just make it worse, he put it to a whole new level of bad where instead of a lame series which people disliked it became an existential crisis for Star Wars which might skunk the whole brand and perhaps even Disney. Kennedy and Lucasfilm then tossed gasoline on the fire by declaring they want to kill white males and drive them out, and having their press cocksuckers shitting out articles about how evil the fanbase is.


 No.19070

>>13903

if the reviews were counted completely fairly, it would probably be under 10%.




[Return][Go to top][Catalog][Nerve Center][Cancer][Post a Reply]
Delete Post [ ]
[]
[ / / / / / / / / / / / / / ] [ dir / agatha2 / animu / arepa / ausneets / tacos / vg / vichan / zoo ]