[ / / / / / / / / / / / / / ] [ dir / bl / boers / ideas / kc / leftpol / shame / vg / zenpol ]

/tech/ - Technology

Global Report form has been updated. Do not forget: never bareback any imageboard.
Comment *
* = required field[▶ Show post options & limits]
Confused? See the FAQ.
Show oekaki applet
(replaces files and can be used instead)
Password (For file and post deletion.)

Allowed file types:jpg, jpeg, gif, png, webm, mp4, pdf
Max filesize is 16 MB.
Max image dimensions are 15000 x 15000.
You may upload 3 per post.

File: 705da6f3a85cf66⋯.png (141.64 KB, 720x703, 720:703, Capture _2018-03-02-18-53-….png)


FreeBSD internal discussion of the code of conduct got dumped.

Download link: my.mixtape.moe/nhbsi.mbox

Source: https://twitter.com/blakkheim/status/969610276810186753


anyting good in there



Probably SJW shit


-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Fwd: Re: conduct violation
Date: 2018-02-24 18:52
From: rain1@airmail.cc
To: imp@bsdimp.com

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: conduct violation
Date: 2018-02-23 15:39
From: rain1@airmail.cc
To: Warner Losh <imp@bsdimp.com>

On 2018-02-23 15:37, Warner Losh wrote:
[[ added back the CC to conduct@ ]]

On Fri, Feb 23, 2018 at 8:27 AM, <rain1@airmail.cc> wrote:

On 2018-02-23 15:26, Warner Losh wrote:
On Fri, Feb 23, 2018 at 8:24 AM, <rain1@airmail.cc> wrote:

On 2018-02-23 15:19, Warner Losh wrote:
On Fri, Feb 23, 2018 at 8:01 AM, <rain1@airmail.cc> wrote:

I feel that this behavior
https://twitter.com/jeamland/status/964587244152438785 [1] [1] [1]
essential a "soft" death threat. creating virtual tombstones of
people like this can make people feel very unsafe.

So who are you?


[1] https://twitter.com/jeamland/status/964587244152438785 [1] [1]

Not sure what you mean? I work on various free software projects. I
reporting a CoC violation.

It isn't a trick question. Who are you? What is your name?


[1] https://twitter.com/jeamland/status/964587244152438785 [1]

Raymond Nicholson

Thanks Raymond.

So this was a conversation between Benno Rice and Bryan Lundke on
twittler. Both of whom are known for their irreverent humor at times
(you can see a 'killall humans' shirt on Bryan's page, for example,
and Benno's Tomb Stone is from an old school game called Hack or
Rogue). Neither one has approached us at this time.

So I guess I'm curious: as a third party, what remedy would you like
to see for this act?


[1] https://twitter.com/jeamland/status/964587244152438785

I expect you would dicipline Benno for the action, at very least explain that this is not acceptable behavior.

^ resending this as it seems to have not reached you yesterday.

^ resending a second time.

A buddy showed me what happened when they did a freebsd coc report. basically the dude trolls you for a bit then completely ignores you. Not sure why you spergs are freaking out so much about the coc, it doesn't do anything.



>h-hello /tech/ d-did you know cocs are meaningless

lol you are either a moron or a shill



shilling what exactly? I just posted an email



SJWs are notorious for infiltrating tech circles, becoming parasites, ruining fun and turning said tech circles into a stagnant sea of socio-political office tyranny.

Paranoia's a bitch, but it has its roots in fears of real problems.


On 02/27/18 14:14, Marcelo Araujo wrote:
> On Feb 27, 2018 6:59 PM, "Poul-Henning Kamp" <phk@phk.freebsd.dk
> <mailto:phk@phk.freebsd.dk>> wrote:
> --------
> In message
> <CAOfEmZj2kZ1LxX5KBzUVogRWDTcdr=amZWU-maXseNe9o8uukA@mail.gmail.com
> <mailto:amZWU-maXseNe9o8uukA@mail.gmail.com>>, Marcelo Araujo writes:
> >In this case, as we have power to vote for Core Team, we should  have
> >enough power to down something they did and not everybody is
> happy with
> >that.
> We dont.
> One third of the committers can demand an early core election and
> that's it.
> That would take 125 committers and so far I have not seen more than
> a handful of committers whine about loosing their male white
> privileges.
> I'm not white male, I'm Latino if we need talk about color and race.

What ? No, please, latino is neither a race nor a color,
and I do not think arguing this way will take you anywhere.

The term "male white privileges" is probably a poor choice,
but I assure you, this CoC thing is definitely not about color
and nationalities.

Talking about bad choices, genetic researches show that the
term "races" is a non-sense, if not a problematic term, when
talking about human beings.

- rodrigo



pkh = paul henning cuck



Why are the Danish so cucked? They used to be feared. Christ. He's made some good contributions too, so it's not due to retardation.




>fuckin' white men

<why are you making it about race?

>I'm not making it about race, you are! Latino isn't a real race! Race doesn't exist! Stop being racist!

Holy fucking shit, Rodrigo, keep it togeather.



Can you post an example of CoCs being meaningful?

I think CoCs are probably a little harmful, but I've never seen any incidents of significant harm.



What about the unseen damages of alienating competent programmers who do not wish to associate with such nonsense.



> alienating competent programmers

they don't care about this because they hate white males



Exactly. Which high IQ white male (who has many options) wants to give up a substantial amount of his free time to be henpecked by whacked out feminists and freaks? I don't, you don't, no one does.



there are endless droves of soyboy cucks with twitter accounts that want to.



Too new to remember the nodejs and libuv cuckstorms?


>soyboy cucks with twitter accounts

>competent programmer with a high IQ

Choose one.



Somebody needs to do a serious writeup about these happenings, it all gets forgotten and we never make any progress.



>soyboy cucks with twitter accounts

>competent programmer with a high IQ

Choose one.

This is the worst part of it, there are actually some really skilled ones. I can't understand why people that are so smart at programming can be so stupid politically, but it does happen.



>I think CoCs are probably a little harmful

>a little harmful

It's literally a tool of discord, control and the worst is that it's just an illusion but niggercattles just believe that it solve problems.


>but I've never seen any incidents of significant harm.

Dam people have short memory here's an example of a drupal dev who got removed from a project with a CoC, he hasn't infringed AT ALL the CoC but the board decided that he was a witch.



Have another example with ruby




because they spend all their time with programming, and when it comes to politics they follow the group because if they didn't they would be total outcasts due to lack of social ability




If CoC's are meaningless and effect nothing, then why are they jammed down everyone's throats, and why should we accept them? If they are truely ineffectual, than simply having one less unnessary file in the repo is argument enough to not have one.



hmmm what could the real reason they keep pushing these cocs on coding projects be?




That's an argument against a CoC, not an example of harmful influence from a CoC, right?

I basically agree with that post, I just don't care strongly about it.

>Dam people have short memory here's an example of a drupal dev who got removed from a project with a CoC, he hasn't infringed AT ALL the CoC but the board decided that he was a witch.

Like you said, he didn't infringe the CoC at all, and the CoC wasn't used to expel him. He would have been expelled without the CoC. He might even have been expelled sooner if not for the CoC, because the CWG refused to expel him earlier because he didn't violate it.


Is this just a discussion about why CoCs are bad or is there more?

Do you have an example of a situation in which a CoC was used to do something bad? Not an example of a CoC being useless, but an example of a CoC being actively majorly harmful.


I agree that they're not very useful and it would be better not to have them, but I haven't seen anything to justify the doomsday reaction people on /tech/ have.



It's almost like there's a group out there which wishes to sow discord in Western society. Maybe it's due to a past grievance?



>but I haven't seen anything to justify the doomsday reaction people on /tech/ have.

It's because of who pushes them. To those politically aware and right leaning, or just people who don't like to shit where they eat when it comes to politics and social justice type issues, the presenting of a CoC looks like the scorpion trying to convince the frog to give it a ride.



>I agree that they're not very useful and it would be better not to have them, but I haven't seen anything to justify the doomsday reaction people on /tech/ have.

It's the pol cross posters. You should have known from this being a thinly veiled politics thread.



I'm sure it's /pol/ crossposters, but at least this one is coming from the intersection of /pol/ and /tech/, not from /pol/ posters hopping over for a single issue. I'll take it over yesterday's Facebook thread.


Can anyone give me an argument why white men shouldn't be privileged? What is gained by bringing everything down to the lowest level? It's just interfering with greatness.


File: b4621d7b121f9a9⋯.png (15.47 KB, 657x236, 657:236, cancer.png)


it's not like i have ever used freebsd or ever had any intention of using freebsd so i guess nothing is lost but these people should all be gassed anyway



sjw's are infesting tech with their own political cancer and advocating that this fact should be ignored or suppressed and not opposed is also politics, in their favor.

you should consider suicide



>I can't understand why people that are so smart at programming can be so stupid politically

Very simple, when you have the skill to code correctly you mostly have autism, some shit childhood or past trauma, thus most devs are isolated in their domain and have extremely unknown view of how the social world works, it's as simple as that, as for the reasons of this I don't know I suppose that it's a negative conjuncture between technological changes, social adaptations and the evolution of families.



Says the SJW baby fag.



>I really don't care that's why I'm asking one side to provide retarded levels of proof

>like proving that it's not only a harmful influence but also actively majorly harmful

>actively majorly harmful

hello fellow /technology/ poster


CoCs exist all over the world. You prove they are meaningless.

>FreeBSD is becoming proprietary. But it's not a big deal because licenses are meaningless anyway.


Yeah he also wrote this document about how the NSA will infiltrate the FOSS world.


Fucking lol.


FreeBSD was always for proprietary software, cuck. You deserve this CoC tbh



NSA confirmed for shoving the CoC up our asses. Cant' have errant individuals using non-standard protocols.



I care more about CoC discussions on /tech/ than about CoCs themselves at this point.



>That's an argument against a CoC, not an example of harmful influence from a CoC, right?

Yes, the harmful influence in this case (forum post) could be the waist of time but it's not that much harmful.

>and the CoC wasn't used to expel him

They infringed their own CoC.

Their coc explicit states that they don't judge people on what they do in their private life, he's a BDSM Gor guy in his private life and when they discovered what is fetish was it was an enough reason for them to remove him.

The infringement of their own CoC supports the idea that the people who impose them are just there for thought control it also support what the nim guy stated, with or without CoC it was a very bad motivation to removed the guy because of his personal life that didn't interfere with the project, but to remove the guy they also have to infringe their own CoC thus also adding the fact that they look like enormous tyrannical cunts.

You have to be very dense to not see what are the kind of people who pushes such set of rules (rule who are already covered in the law... well except if you live in a shithole).

>Is this just a discussion about why CoCs are bad or is there more?

More likely an example of the waist of time that it brings.

>Do you have an example of a situation in which a CoC was used to do something bad?

Do you think I don't see what your doing ?

>but an example of a CoC being actively majorly harmful.

Lets reverse role:

Do you have an example of CoC being useful ?

>but I haven't seen anything to justify the doomsday reaction people on /tech/ have.

I wonder if you're sincere/just VERY new or just playing the game.

The reason like >>876799 said is mostly because of the people who pushes them.

And even if the people who pushed them were truly not tyrannical, communities didn't need them before.



Lol page 10 is literally what happened with Eugene the forker of gnu social who rebranded it mastodon.


>Cant' have errant individuals using non-standard protocols.

Why do you think that HTTPS suddenly became a concern worldwide only a few years after the snowmen revelation ?

NSA has broken HTTPS some time ago now.



>Do you have an example of CoC being useful ?

I don't need one - I don't think they're useful. I just think they don't matter much.

People here sometimes refuse to use software because it has a CoC. That seems about as sensible to me as refusing to use software because it uses tabs instead of spaces. I do have an opinion about tabs vs spaces, but I don't think it's a big deal.

I think CoCs are bad, but I don't think they're a jewish conspiracy to sow discord in Western society or whatever. I think it's bog-standard low-impact virtue signaling at worst.



>People here sometimes refuse to use software because it has a CoC. That seems about as sensible to me as refusing to use software because it uses tabs instead of spaces.

That really depends on what the software is, what you will use it for, for how long, and what alternatives are available. For example, i was thinking about switching to freebsd on my server before this CoC nonsense, but the CoC, a handful of troubling videos i saw of the devs at confrences, and the fact it's mostly developed by people who don't use the system they create, has made me change my mind. This combination of red flags has made me doubt it's viability in the long term future, and i don't want to make the switch if it's starting a decline, not when there are plenty of alternatives. Now i'm thinking i might just stick with Debian or maybe migrate to Slackware. And yes, I know Debian has a CoC (and intermitant SJW related drama), but it doesn't go as far as making digital hugs a bannable offence.



That's reasonable. CoCs might not be that bad in themselves, but they do tell you that they're the kind of people who instate CoCs. Using that information together with other information to detect a broader pattern is reasonable.

But I usually see it treated as the problem rather than as a possible symptom.


File: 7164d6919ac9d4c⋯.jpg (202.16 KB, 2048x833, 2048:833, cha(bs)d.jpg)


>I just think they don't matter much.

That's how they getcha. They start with making being openly gay ok, then fags get to marry, then needless surgery, then they get to the kids, then parents who do their job lose custody.

No matter how small, you should make no concessions. That forces the enemy to keep fighting for that little ground instead of slowly advancing towards your anus.



obsd is solid and the devs all dogfood. It may just not have the features you need. They aren't trying to be an all things for all people OS.



Like >>876865 said it's a redflag

For example who doesn't think that's it's a warning to not use when when you read "Oracle licensed software" ?

>CoCs might not be that bad in themselves

I agree with that see for example what the CoC of Torvalds.

>but they do tell you that they're the kind of people who instate CoCs

Not necessarily when you read the one stated by Torvalds for example it's doesn't give any apprehension of going in a political way.

>But I usually see it treated as the problem rather than as a possible symptom.

Well the symptoms of a CoC devolves from people who want to insert it, so when it happens you need to inspect who are the people who are pushing these and in most of cases it's always bad people who don't give a dam about technology.


1. Do not talk about /b/

2. Do NOT talk about /b/

3. We are Anonymous

4. Anonymous is legion

5. Anonymous never forgives

6. Anonymous can be a horrible, senseless, uncaring monster

7. Anonymous is still able to deliver

8. There are no real rules about posting

9. There are no real rules about moderation either - enjoy your ban

10. If you enjoy any rival sites - DON'T

11. All your carefully picked arguments can easily be ignored

12. Anything you say can and will be used against you

13. Anything you say can be turned into something else - fixed

14. Do not argue with trolls - it means that they win

15. The harder you try the harder you will fail

16. If you fail in epic proportions, it may just become a winning failure

17. Every win fails eventually

18. Everything that can be labeled can be hated

19. The more you hate it the stronger it gets

20. Nothing is to be taken seriously

21. Original content is original only for a few seconds before getting old

22. Copypasta is made to ruin every last bit of originality

23. Copypasta is made to ruin every last bit of originality

24. Every repost it always a repost of a repost

25. Relation to the original topic decreases with every single post

26. Any topic can easily be turned into something totally unrelated

27. Always question a person's sexual prefrences without any real reason

28. Always question a person's gender - just incase it's really a man

29. In the internet all girls are men and all kids are undercover FBI agents

30. There are no girls on the internet

31. TITS or GTFO - the choice is yours

32. You must have pictures to prove your statements

33. Lurk more - it's never enough

34. There is porn of it, no exceptions

35. If no porn is found at the moment, it will be made

36. There will always be even more fucked up shit than what you just saw

37. You can not divide by zero (just because the calculator says so)

38. No real limits of any kind apply here - not even the sky



41. Desu isn't funny. Seriously guys. It's worse than Chuck Norris jokes.

42. Nothing is Sacred.

43. The more beautiful and pure a thing is - the more satisfying it is to corrupt it

44. Even one positive comment about Japanese things can make you a weaboo

45. When one sees a lion, one must get into the car.

46. There is always furry porn of it.

47. The pool is always closed.


File: a30607750692f26⋯.mp4 (3.66 MB, 640x360, 16:9, Terry A Davis gets a phone….mp4)

One reason I left Debian for OpenBSD (long ago) is because their mailing list was full of politic talk and other related waste of time. Even if this CoC is meaningless, the evil assholes are already inside the castle to raise their hell. Stick a fork in it, this project is pozzed now. At least Matt Dillon got out and made his own project. That's maybe the only hope left for FreeBSD users.

BTW, dude wrote his own compiler. http://www.binarydevotion.com/?p=76




>Leverage existing resources for influence

>- Embedded with FON's

>- Free agents

>- Witless ”volunteers”

>Deploy carefully designed ”talking points”

>- ”PSYOPS for Nerds”

>- Steer discussion to/from hot spots

>- Disrupt consensus building

>Self Signed Certificates in Browsers

>- Offers privacy but no authentication

>- No cost to either party

>- Obvious as a no-config default

>Concerted effort to derail consensus building

>- ”Secrecy without authentication is pointless!”

>- ”You could be talking to NSA”

>- ”Gives false sense of security”

>QUEEN achievements

>No multihome routing without AS

>- Locks users to their ISP

>- Makes collection much simpler

>* No flow-routing in IPv6

>* Incompatible encrypted email

>* Delayed VoIP until Skype

(I'm actually seeing that delayed VoIP with other software (gnu ring) with specific ISPs)

>QUEEN recent work

>* HTTP/2.0

>- Mandatory SSL/TLS

>(Bring them into STING)

>- Make MiTM Proxies official

>- Fallback: Push for EMPTY BUCKET

>QUEEN methods

>* FUD

>* Play GPL vs BSD card

>* ”Bikeshed” discusions

>* Soak mental bandwidth with bogus crypto proposals

I want the glowing niggers out of these communities




>I usually see it treated as the problem rather than as a possible symptom.

Thats because it's one of the more visible symptoms. If toxic politics and power plays were tuberculosis, a CoC like freebsd's would be the blood spekled handkerchief.




>disciplining grown men who are devoting their precious free time to your project without compensation

My sides. They should leave the project to the women so they can endlessly catfight instead of programming.



>white male privilege

<im not white im from latin america


>latino is not a race or a color

>pls stop arguing

>white male privilege is probably wrong anyway

>but hey this whole privilege thing isn't about color or nation at all

>races are non-sense anyway as science shows

I've never seen so many self-contradicting statements in one post



>I've never seen any incidents of significant harm.

It's your lucky day, Mr. Triple Seven. I literally collect examples of SJWs being shits and using CoCs to usurp control of projects.

I'm on my phone right now. When I get home, I will post everything I have saved on my github SJW directory. Prepare your anus.



That's pretty cool. Can't wait. Do you update that directory often?



>Prepare your anus.

My body is ready.


>Download link: my.mixtape.moe/nhbsi.mbox

404 Not Found



OP dun goofed it's nhybsi.mbox



I can confirm that this does, in fact, appear to be the correct file. Also

tail -n 6 nhybsi.mbox

This mail is for the internal use of the FreeBSD project committers, and as such is private. This mail may not be published or forwarded outside the FreeBSD committers' group or disclosed to other unauthorised
parties without the explicit permission of the author(s).







woah proprietary emails!!



>the term "races" is a non-sense, if not a problematic term, when talking about human beings.

These idiots are reciting UNESCO propaganda from the 1950s and '60s

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Race_Question. I'm not going to take this in a /pol/ direction, but those interested in the background of the study may find their answers in the author's surnames.

> It described Brazil as having an "exemplary situation" regarding race relations




*authors' (correcting my pleb grammar)


File: 345cc55633c6676⋯.jpg (184.99 KB, 704x1199, 64:109, How rio de janeiro looked ….jpg)


While I wouldn't trust the UN, Brazil probably wasn't so bad in the 50s. Dunno if the niggers were fewer or kept at bay, probably both.



Their solution to the race problem is the same then as it is now, segregation. They now boast some of the largest income disparities in the world. Really strange country where it is practically Germany in the south, and people live like monkeys in the favelas of the big cities.



>The UNESCO later published other similar statements on racism. In 1978, the UNESCO Declaration on Race and Racial Prejudice[4] stated that "All peoples of the world possess equal faculties for attaining the highest level in intellectual, technical, social, economic, cultural and political development" and "The differences between the achievements of the different peoples are entirely attributable to geographical, historical, political, economic, social and cultural factors."

Hahahaha, no. Even if that were true, "social and cultural" factor are a byproduct of the race, not some circumstance a group just finds themselves in.



I add every interesting github drama to my bookmarks when I see them. I should probably be archiving them using that archival site but I never got around to it. There also used to be a github-drama repository that literally collected links to those amazing shitstorms, but I think it's private now. Github asks me to login when I try to view it. Twitter mob must have gotten to the guy.


>My body is ready.

Let's do this. I'm going to post stuff related to the SJW infestation of github, not just CoC stuff. Let's start with the classic Opal transphobic maintainer thing. That slut coraline ada was literally hired by github to tone police contributors:


>Elia Schito is publicly calling trans people out for "not accepting reality" on Twitter.

>His Twitter profile mentions that he is a core contributor to opal.

>Is this what the other maintainers want to be reflected in the project?

>Will any transgender developers feel comfortable contributing?

This issue is classic because it illustrates exactly how they usurp power. The CoC has a clause that says people they don't like should be banned from contributing. They can and will find anything to justify exclusion of the people they don't like. That meh motherfucker is a channer though and he had approximately 0 sympathy for that cunt. He even blogged about it:


The very next issue they created was one trying to add a CoC to the project. Yet another 100+ post gem:


Another feature of these CoCs is how racist and sexist they are. Basically, if you're a man or white, you're fucked.


>We will not act on complaints regarding ‘reverse’ -isms, including ‘reverse racism,’ ‘reverse sexism,’ and ‘cisphobia’.

That coraline slut is openly racist and sexist towards men and white people, yet nothing happens when it's brought up:


These faggots simply insist on pushing their faggot ass little laws on every single project that matters so they can control it. It's always "huh this doesn't have a CoC, so let's add it because who doesn't have a CoC?" See it in action:



SJWs have problems with terminology like master/slave and whitelist/blacklist:





It's stupid how much time they waste trying to be politically correct.



Biggest and most important libuv contributor gets symbolically crucified after he rejected a politically correct "improvement" because it'd clutter git history. He's a volunteer but the company felt it necessary to symbolically fire him via blog post. He said he'd quit after that but apparently came back. I wish he hadn't. Have some pride, motherfucker.

More autism over pronouns, alleged sexism and even tone. Also known as "ahh someone hurt my feelings please ban him from project the customer is always right":













Not even NATURAL LANGUAGE PROCESSING projects are safe from the wrath of SJWs and their gender neutral pronouns agenda:



Made a self-deprecating joke? SJWs will feel like you were attacking the entire class you represent:


Continues in future posts. I'm probably close to the character limit by now.


File: 17600a4be12bcc5⋯.jpg (75.41 KB, 789x710, 789:710, 77334a44-84c7-401a-b644-29….jpg)



forgot bout context. Basically the guy makes some tool for the messaging app Kik and promptly names it "CanIBeKikked". Triggering ensues and since english isn't the dev's main language he agrees with changing the name (or maybe he was more like a passive guy who didn't wanted trouble and let others shit on him)



>Really strange country where it is practically Germany in the south, and people live like monkeys in the favelas of the big cities.

It's because in the south of Brazil, many people are Germans (descended from German immigrants to Brazil, many still have blonde hair and blue eyes), and in the favelas, most people have significant African admixture.

In the end, blood will out.


File: e09e551e235c87e⋯.jpg (5.76 KB, 335x156, 335:156, shut-it-down.jpg)



Another extremely important issue that's gone now but was archived:


Look at how these faggots operate. It's not equal opportunity with these fucks, it's equal outcome. They want commits accepted just because they were made by black people or women. When they suffer any kind of resistance, they start attacking you in the most indirect politician manner possible.

>Even the Django Software Foundation has adopted one to protect it's future

>for me it's very obvious Django related projects would naturally follow suite and adopt the same if not similar Code of Conducts.

>I urge you to reconsider for the good and future of this project :) Thank you

When people don't get the hint, they make thinly veiled threats:

>I really have no idea why you are responding the way you are! Really!!

>Code of Conducts are not JUST about conduct

>I was not threaning you,but your reaction is a projection of your feelings and now I feel threated by you.

>reevaluate your actions

>you are becoming a toxic individual who is harming the Python and Django communities and haven't even realized it yet.

>You are a member of the Django Software Foundation and are supposed to be setting the example.

>I will be forwarding the content of this issue to the Chair to evaluate your continued presence in the DSF. best regards.

They act like scientology and their suppressive persons. They will get in contact with whatever employer or organization you're part of and try to get them to remove you from it. Even Eric Raymond wrote about this faggotry:


This rosario guy in particular responded by creating a code of merit:


But it's useless. Github has so thoroughly infiltrated with SJWs I doubt anything can be done. It's rotten to the core. They too adopted a CoC themselves and got rid of their meritocratic horizontal social structure at the company.





CoralineAda had been hired by github:



But she was too much of a pain in the ass even for github. She whined about the company on her little blog. It contains such gems like the episode where she complained to some data scientist about how she didn't include 300 genders in a form, and github banned her from ever talking to her again:


She once tried to force CoC on the fucking JAPANESE ruby developers. The fucking japanese, who are polite beyond reason.


They're not retarded like american soyboys, and Matz literally saw the exact problem with the CoC:

>I agree with the spirit of anti harassment.

>I hope the community being free from any personal attacks nor trolling.

>But I have a few concern about the wording in the proposed Code of Conduct, for example:

>Project maintainers have the right and responsibility to remove...


>...permanently removed from the project team

Matz was not swindled by these politicians.


Thank you.



Let's not forget about the whole ayo.js debacle. Basically, some Node.js guys tweeted some shit SJWs didn't like, they tried to vote him off the project, the vote failed and they literally forked the project.










Why do they think they can do this to contributors? Because of a CoC:


>Project maintainers are responsible for clarifying the standards of acceptable behavior and are expected to take appropriate and fair corrective action in response to any instances of unacceptable behavior.

>Project maintainers have the right and responsibility to remove, edit, or reject comments, commits, code, wiki edits, issues, and other contributions that are not aligned to this Code of Conduct, or to ban temporarily or permanently any contributor for other behaviors that they deem inappropriate, threatening, offensive, or harmful.

People are wising up to their act, though.


>Can this just be the repo for people who want to bring their identity politics to projects?

>It's actually nice that we have a place to direct them and I think what you're doing here would be a good home for people who want to spend more time debating what the pronoun should be used instead of doing development




OP mistyped the URL. It's correct in the OP image.



I see thx. Here's the right one




Probably why it was written that way...




What even is this?


File: 9e4b1f0ff147785⋯.jpeg (55 KB, 430x492, 215:246, 73EFFC58-A746-480A-959A-1….jpeg)



>"Mbox is a generic term for a family of related file formats used for holding collections of email messages, first implemented for Fifth Edition Unix."

>"All messages in an mbox mailbox are concatenated and stored as plain text in a single file. Each message starts with the four characters "From" followed by a space (the so named "From_ line") and the sender's email address. RFC 4155 defines that a UTC timestamp follows after another separating space character."



Pretty sure this is not legally binding.



No, you are thinking of /leftypol/, they are the ones sucking SJW CoC.



I'm not from /pol/, I'm just also not a communist shitstain.



How to avoid women and normalfags infesting your comfy code repos 101:

Do not host your project on facebookhub, use a detached self-hosted repository accessible only from git client, ban all gmail/other big corp addresses from mailing lists, never invite people who don't contribute in writing code.

woah, such a hard way to live rly mkaes u thnik


Well hello there, fellow 4dditor :)



I don't think that snippet of text is legally binding, either. But if you author an email, you own the copyright to it, and I suppose you could theoretically issue a DMCA takedown to someone hosting it publicly. Since plain text is so easy to copy and disseminate, however, I'm not sure how fruitful that approach would be if people really want to share your emails. Whack-a-mole.

I just thought their little admonishment was amusing, especially given the embarrassing conduct of some of the cucks like Poul-Henning Kamp or however you spell his shitty name.


Imagine being so cucked that you donated $1 million to FreeBSD, and you get to see the core team act like this.


File: c0d87b47180fb67⋯.jpg (163.99 KB, 756x250, 378:125, white_left.jpg)


>I can't understand why people that are so smart at programming can be so stupid politically

I think it's similar to the white left problem, but add to the naivety that people in STEM think logically, talk and work with people who think logically, and, consequently, foolishly believe other people also think logically. So a CoCsucker comes up and they believe the argument must have some merit, even if they don't see it as they don't have experience as a trans otherkin with a female penis the CoCsucker must know what he's talking about or he wouldn't be bothering shoving that CoC on the project.


Depends on the country of course, but from what I read here and there it's usually bullshit. You give a letter to me, no strings attached, I can do whatever I damn well please with it. Don't like it we have to sign a contract (NDA) beforehand. This post is copyright anon 2018, it may not be reproduced partly or in full, without calling OP a faggot, or you're legally required to improve TempleOS while decreasing the line count by 1k.



>never invite people who don't contribute in writing code.

This alone solves the problem. Simply don't engage with people you don't trust.



Imagine being so cucked that you donate any amount of money to anyone, ever.



Code of conducts have done nothing wrong.




You're pretty dumb



Paul-Henny Kampf, the Danish Prince.



Pretty much all of the examples given upthread are of entryists who were never invited.



Terry trips confirm.

Anything SJWs come into contact with turns to shit.



Yes. The mistake here is they took their issues seriously. Don't debate those people. Simply lock the issue and say nothing.

Personally, I like using bitbucket private repositories and sharing only with people I know in real life.



The code you need to conduct yourself by can be written in just fourteen words.



Race specific software licences when?

This program is free software for die Herrenrasse: you can redistribute it
and/or modify it under the terms of the Völkisch License as published by the
National Socialist Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or
(at your option) any later version.

Various cultures to which honorary Aryan status has been conferred by our
Führer may also be permitted equivalent right as outlined for Herrenvolk.


The FreeBSD handbook is a literal rape manual. It is not reasonable for you to expect me to justify this conclusion.


File: 1876f68ac79993b⋯.webm (1.39 MB, 1280x720, 16:9, computer niggers.webm)


Command line scares the normies away. All those web interfaces to make things "easier" end up being an open door to subversion.



You're overestimating those. The real problem are:

1) They're not that intelligent; the 100-115 IQ range, basically brainlets will never learn

2) They're mentally weak, so they they take the easy path when they can (the easy path being emotions/beliefs instead of logic). Weakness is the root of all their ills; it's what makes a physical weakling, a coward, a slave morality, a mediocrity chaser and countless other despicable things

tl;dr there's nothing between autists and normies



"This license provides no warranty, and is basically the BSD license but one line"


"Race specific" licenses are not free software.



>"Race specific" licenses are not free software.

That one isn't, but they can be. I sent the Non-White-Heterosexual-Male license to Stallman, and he said he didn't like it because of the racism but did consider it to be a free software license.



>they take the easy path when they can

Everybody takes the easy path when they can. Not doing so is stupid.



thinking logically is common enough. the disconnect is that those thoughts don't inform behavior or emotion to any real degree, and you're falling into the same midbrow mind trap that the stemfags are.



isn't that exactly the point of the CoC?

what is the point of the CoC?


File: a6070ef31bb1f41⋯.jpg (26.47 KB, 383x345, 383:345, XxnlkIr.jpg)


The point is usurping control of projects.


What's the word with dragonfly? Considering the history, I think it would be a good refuge for people fleeing FBSD.



Looks good, and less anti-GPL autism than Open.




It's a better implementation of what FreeBSD is trying to do anyways.




you glow in the dark, faggot



Are you retarded? It's not meant to do anything related to its intended purpose. It's meant to be a club to bash marxists' designated enemies with, nothing more.



You have a link to video in your pic related?


File: e98d0ea9b11244e⋯.png (144.89 KB, 401x316, 401:316, spook.png)


>I wonder who's behind this post





>From: rain1@airmail.cc

Your friend just outed himself as one of those enemies. You think those faggots don't know cock.li's mail domains?



link to license text?



You're being antisemitic, anon. Go away.



>I think CoCs are bad, but I don't think they're a jewish conspiracy to sow discord in Western society

Oh sweet summer child...

>I think it's bog-standard low-impact virtue signaling at worst.

Virtue signaling is something one does oneself. Not something one pushes others to do, which is the whole purpose of a CoC.

Given the amount of effort the most cancerous sjw types put into pushing them up people's asses, they obviously don't consider them "low impact" either.



>No matter how small, you should make no concessions.

Fucking this.



I hereby throw my support behind the Aryan Software License family for comedic purposes.


File: 40ea8c672538b66⋯.webm (5.84 MB, 640x360, 16:9, empire_of_dust.webm)


It's from Empire of Dust, an amusing documentary about a Chinese construction company trying to get anything done in Africa.


Non-White-Heterosexual-Male Licensed software

If you are not a white heterosexual male you are permitted to copy, sell and use this work in any manner you choose without need to include any attribution you do not see fit. You are asked as a courtesy to retain this license in any derivatives but you are not required. If you are a white heterosexual male you are provided the same permissions (reuse, modification, resale) but are required to include this license in any documentation and any public facing derivative. You are also required to include attribution to the original author or to an author responsible for redistribution of a derivative.

For additional details see http://nonwhiteheterosexualmalelicense.org



>MIT for me, but GPL for thee




Is that

Non - (White-Heterosexual-Male)


(Non-White) - Hetrosexual-Male






You better start believing in autism because that's the kind of semantic hair splitting that will lose a lawsuit.



>resolving an ambiguous statement


It's the English language that sucks. God should've made it LL(k).


File: 8f8be608e4139e8⋯.jpg (70.01 KB, 500x321, 500:321, gooback.jpg)



UNESCO says Brazil is an example regarding race because we barelly have any race at all, you don't see blacks like you see in African Countries, neither whites like Germans or Russians. Most of us are in this uncanny valey of race, that's a good term, race uncanny valey. An almost perfect example is the Goobacks from South Park ep. 7 season 8.

Never let niggers into your country, Brazil was big in slavery and now we pay the price.


I can't find the file, it looks like it was deleted from mixtape.moe.



So it's BSD for shitskins and BSD+copyleft+obnoxious advertising clause for humans.



I'm using the original definition of (virtue) signalling, I don't know what /pol/ twisted it into.

It's something you do to send (not necessarily honest) information about yourself to other people. Instating a CoC signals that you're the kind of person who cares about inclusivity and safety.

There's no reason signalling can't involve other people. It has to involve other people in some capacity, or else you don't have anyone to signal towards.

Calling pushing CoCs virtue signaling means that a goal of it is to make you appear favorably.

I doubt the people who push for them consider them low impact, but that doesn't mean they aren't low impact.





You're not going to make it far in any STEM subject if you're not detailed oriented enough to resolve ambiguities.



>It's from Empire of Dust

Thanks, I need to review my chink anyways so I'll give it a watch.



>past grievance

It's not memory, anon. Nor is it belief. It's genetic.


>The point is usurping control

That's just a waypoint. The endpoint is destruction. The process is by projecting their worldview for validation, but since "conduct" agitates productivity, the rational abandon ship and the irrational go down with it.

Ignoring the problem is not a solution; it needs to be addressed, and harshly. Nip it in the bud. Like a child, they will cry to others for sympathy and demand your life ruined in retaliation, but they must be disciplined. The lack of consequences is what allowed this mental illness to fester. A Roman astroturf is not out of the question.



I love how Chinese can say the most brutal things behind a sly smile.



>figure out what this whacko faggot's word salad means or you're retarded



File: fabbeefb7f1ef59⋯.png (897.15 KB, 1417x761, 1417:761, Screen Shot 2018-03-03 at ….png)

File: e80975d10dd0b8b⋯.png (1.05 MB, 1664x812, 416:203, Screen Shot 2018-03-03 at ….png)

File: af22c0e54fa55ac⋯.png (991.46 KB, 1659x840, 79:40, Screen Shot 2018-03-03 at ….png)


Its a good documentary. The chinks should have just imported their own work force, materials, and food.

The africans can't even do the most basic tasks with out constant supervision and getting even ROCKS locally was nearly impossible.


File: 7e069894470b934⋯.png (514.32 KB, 857x693, 857:693, Screen Shot 2018-03-03 at ….png)

File: 79416d741d02d3f⋯.png (447.03 KB, 761x669, 761:669, Screen Shot 2018-03-03 at ….png)

File: 3f9f038661a1358⋯.png (430.97 KB, 708x675, 236:225, Screen Shot 2018-03-03 at ….png)


File: 9d5edb914da1fa4⋯.png (468.23 KB, 802x619, 802:619, Screen Shot 2018-03-03 at ….png)

File: 26f0bdceb119286⋯.png (346.52 KB, 1017x656, 1017:656, Screen Shot 2018-03-03 at ….png)

File: 48345457bfada1e⋯.png (844.96 KB, 1178x618, 589:309, Screen Shot 2018-03-03 at ….png)



OP posted the wrong filename. Look at the twet.



The endpoint is gulags. These people are Stalinists.



>tfw brainlet





>screenshots of DCT macroblocked video

>hold cursor over screenshot

>doesn't load instantly

>saved as PNGs

You're the kind of person that saves snippets out of 64kbps MP3s as 24/192 FLAC files, aren't you?



>it's only 64kbps mp3 to begin with

>he'd reduce quality even further by yet moar lossy reencoding







>virtue signalling is something good, it's just /pol/ who """twisted""" it into something bad




>not a brainlet

He mocked supposed saving of snippets of an 64kbps mp3 as FLAC, thus implying he would rather save them in another lossy format instead



It's not good, it's just a term that already existed before its /pol/ usage started drifting.

I don't know what part of "wasting time on ineffective things just to make yourself appear better" sounded like something good to you.



>women should not work horrible jobs

>but it's no problem for men to work horrible jobs



First day here, I presume?


File: 6033b299d50df40⋯.png (101.99 KB, 646x489, 646:489, aaaaa.png)


I'm reading through the emails now and they're nauseating. A couple of naive fair/common sense voices are drowned out by aggressively niggery faggots using the most patheric rhetorical tricks and gotcha-tier fallacies.

Time to move on from CuckBSD



Did you also enjoy the contrived bullshit about "deadnaming" that they spewed? They tried to pretend like one of the reasons that that rule would be useful would be to protect someone who had changed their name as part of the Witness Protection Program. As if it had anything to do with that and wasn't just pandering to unpassable trannies.


File: 21b610a423e3d30⋯.png (47.59 KB, 659x463, 659:463, pilpul-henning concentrati….png)


not there yet. but my body is ready.

Just read a mail from a russian contributor saying he was quitting the project (based on some of the responses, he must have been fairly well respected) because of this bullshit and 'Pil'-Poul-Henning Kike, and Ben(yamin)no Riceberg and the rest of their gay bath house poz patrol started to circle jerk, autistically asking people to point out exactly which part of the CuC they disagreed with and shitting on whoever tried to form a coherent answer using buzzwords and strawmen.

They then defend hiring some purple haired parasite consultant by throwing buzzwords and ad-hominems, pic related.

>muh bigotry

>muh sarcastic question mark after a statement

I hate my job but it's generally devoid of this kind of shit, despite the HR bimbos' best efforts. I'm no /pol/ack but If I had to deal with people like this on a daily basis i'd be unemployable inside of 90 days.



>the term "races" is a non-sense, if not a problematic term


File: d8ecb3f63a16763⋯.png (220.39 KB, 653x627, 653:627, beardo.png)

File: 2f4c599a79a3497⋯.png (469.23 KB, 864x651, 288:217, Lol_cow.png)

File: 5357102dd49eb11⋯.png (76.44 KB, 941x631, 941:631, TRANSFAGGOT.png)


It appears the infestation runs deep. Take a look at this lolcow transfaggot making a list of things that never happened.


File: 188b05c0d9254bd⋯.png (64.98 KB, 617x581, 617:581, WAKANDA.png)

File: f31b40d25ee59dc⋯.png (62 KB, 597x634, 597:634, struck_a_nerve .png)


> have been called a bitch, a cuck[old], and a homosexual; I've been told by

two people that they hope I get raped (I guess expressing hopes isn't quite

the same as a direct threat, though); and I've been accused of never having

made any significant contributions to FreeBSD, of having written all of

Randi's code for her, and of destroying the FreeBSD project (both for my work

on the CoC and for mentoring Randi -- I guess I FreeBSD died but came back to


Where's the lie though? Oh and Meth Whale involvement, interesting.

>Almost all of the above was on Reddit, and I found it interesting that none

of the people spewing such nonsense had user names I recognized despite my

many years in the r/BSD and r/FreeBSD subreddits. It's almost as if there's

a group of trolls who invade whatever community gains their attention...

Oh the irony.

I'm starting to question how/why obviously high IQ individuals get so thoroughly pozzed. What is it in this fucking sham of a world view that gets its hooks into them?



>I hate my job but it's generally devoid of this kind of shit, despite the HR bimbos' best efforts. I'm no /pol/ack but If I had to deal with people like this on a daily basis i'd be unemployable inside of 90 days.

And the thing is most of the people involved in opensource projects like this are doing it for free. Its nothing to just walk away. People put up with it as some jobs because they need the money and to keep their jobs.


File: 076817b06edbb00⋯.png (Spoiler Image, 60.88 KB, 252x221, 252:221, me rn.png)

File: 6a4a780d7b7d8cc⋯.gif (Spoiler Image, 472.15 KB, 508x270, 254:135, ▄█▀_█▬█_█_▀█▀.gif)

File: fd8b13ddd49b89c⋯.jpg (Spoiler Image, 212 KB, 796x1197, 796:1197, when fbsd was comfy.jpg)


==FUCK FUCK FUCK== tell me it isn't true anon. How can he go from that beast of man to complete cancer. I want to go back. I need to get out of the completely fucked (((western))) society. Where is the least cucked place right now? Russia? China? Maybe I'll just kill myself, why hasn't god emperor trump saved us from this cancer yet. I don't even live in america, I'm in an even more pozzed shithole to the north. We literally have a soyboy as a prime minister. I need out now!



>How can he go from that beast of man to complete cancer.

I regret to inform you anon. That braided beard is an indication of homosexual-like attention whoring. It is unmasculine in the same way Dicky Spencer's faggot haircut is unmasculine. The same way the beardo numale cucks are unmasculine. It's a fine line, but an "i don't give a fuck, nigger" beard and a "look at my glorious mane, you jelly?" beard are different things.



lmao they are not a gender female tehy are male.


File: d823805447d9b31⋯.png (362 KB, 1006x948, 503:474, n.png)


>bullied by reddit



>I declare this style to be unmasculine because I say so

>I am anonymous the judge of fashion, you can't question my authority



>>I am anonymous the judge of fashion, you can't question my authority

The braided beard guy turning into a transfaggot would seem to fit the hypothesis.



Matters of fashion doesn't determine masculinity or femininity. Fashion is trivial and irrelevant.



>Matters of fashion doesn't determine masculinity

Maybe but 10 times out of 10 if you dress like a fag you're a fag faggot.


File: 3d07393e1b32c2c⋯.jpg (418.81 KB, 1000x1381, 1000:1381, 3d0[1].jpg)


This is the ideal male body. You may not like it. But this is what peak performance looks like.




1) So much damage has already been done by the last (excessively) lossy coding that the damage done by another round would be imperceptible.

2) As AVC & JPEG are both chroma-subsampled DCT CODECs, there would be much overlap between the two sets of artifacts.

3) The subject of the images is photographic material. Why would you ever use PNG for photographs?


File: 3b7ccc021554440⋯.png (53.77 KB, 1336x383, 1336:383, my sides.png)

Holy shit, the absolute state of FreeBSD



>bullied by retarded childrens


So how long until you'll be required to overdose on estrogen to get a tech job?



What the fuck is a virtual hug?






Percival is another very smart guy, who just happens to be an absolute cuck. I just don't get it with these people.



You just literally raped me, shitlord!



No anon he virtually raped you.



There’s literally no difference according to the new FreeBSD Code of Cuckolding.



>I'm starting to question how/why obviously high IQ individuals get so thoroughly pozzed.

It's easier to brainwash people who naturally leran faster.



One where the implementation depends on the receiver.



this is the same dude who completely ignored the report by >>876766



the western world has taken a very very dark turn


File: dfbbd8e03e6b35b⋯.png (539.51 KB, 1351x1817, 1351:1817, 1520185449956.png)



Great poast.



>Using donator's money to pay for feminists to tell everyone they're sexist, racists pigs, full of privileges.

I've donated to some open source projects in the past and I considered FreeBSD. I'm glad I didn't, because I would be really pissed now.



mp3 can be cut without reencoding, by ffmpeg for example.

what a nigger.



any replies so far?




I hope this kills the project.



I want my $50 back. So fucking angry rn fam.




benno@ strikes again https://svnweb.freebsd.org/ports?view=revision&revision=433827

Like a certain European dictator, John Marino did absolutely nothing wrong.





The way I might say something to someone in a small group of people may

not be the same way I would phrase it if I knew I was talking to the

whole world. I might feel freer to express doubts and questions without

having every single word I said analyzed for correctness, by N people,

M of whom I don't even know.

If I have to carefully police every single thing I say in every single

venue, so that someone, somewhere, won't raise a stink, I might as well

give up this hobby and just read webcomics.


File: f60b007d8ec03c5⋯.png (1.23 MB, 900x650, 18:13, uncle_augustos_helicopter_….png)


Mark's reply is reasonable and I feel kinda bad for him, but the rest of these communists need to get out of my helicopter.


what's the take away from all this, other than don't use freebsd?



Fight and take back our culture! Tech needs its own GamerGate (except effective)



do we really need that,

why not just make a collective for coders who don't like SJW shit? Like suckless, but not full of SJWs.



Because SJWs are entryists. They infiltrate and subvert. Didn't we learn anything from opal?



>They infiltrate and subvert

so when some SJW comes over and starts making inane demands you just boot them. instead of instating a coc and doing everything they want like a cuck.



Unless, by that stage, all of your -core team is SJWs and they work together on CoCcing your project up.



GG was the GG for tech, battle lines are drawn and forces are marshaled that didn't exist before GG. The best approach is probably like >>877105 said, ruthlessly eliminate everyone who doesn't make substantial contributions to the repo, and the problem will fix itself.

I suppose it isn't that simple in projects too big to function without some people whose full-time job isn't programming, but that could be worked around by ensuring that only coders would have any say whatsoever over decisions affecting coders.



>Like suckless, but not full of SJWs.

What? I can't say I have ever read a political post on their mailing lists.




You don’t know how bad it is, in perusing their social media history I have found two trannies and a bulldyke snowflake so far and of course 4 or 5 confirmed cucks. In the bulldyke’s case, other than utter personal decrepitude she calls herself a software engineer without a single credential to back it up. In most jurisdictions including hers, that’s called fraud.

A little disappointed at how few autists are on the case. There’s enough juicy shit in both those emails and the web presence of the “people” behind them to seriously damage the project.

Should we damage it or leave it as a containment BSD? We’re unfortunately not at the mass-deport the degenerates phase yet so crashing the project with no survivors means they’ll infect openbsd and netbsd



>battle lines are drawn and forces are marshaled

Before GG: I just want to play video games.

After GG: I must secure the existence of my people.



IMO, people should put up a fight.

This would make some noise and more people will look into it, the result would be:

> degenerates wins

< Competent people will leave, onlookers from the noise will see how it will end up in flames

> tech prevail

< This will show that a purge is possible

It's most probably oversimplified, but that's how I see it.



3rd possibility:

everything stays as it is, plus a few most active tech-djents get arrested or sued while the worker class doesn't notice anything



>absolute monarchy




FreeBSD is already effectively dead. Linux won the Unix wars.


File: 7fe1927c34fd2a9⋯.mp4 (13.92 MB, 480x360, 4:3, TempleOS - Reality Distort….mp4)


Heh, that's nothing to be proud of. It's like saying Linux won the street-shitting wars.



I'd be happy enough with securing the existence of my vidya tbh.



Reminder Linux and the entire GNU toolset only exists as a sop on mounting legal issues BSD had from the mid-80s, and that since those issues were conclusively resolved in 1994, Linux and GNU are completely unnecessary.




BSD is in an awkward spot where it's actually fairly bloated (it invented cat's -v) but doesn't admit it and embrace it the way GNU/Linux does. It's not proper UNIX.



Are you saying proper spirit of Unix is actually in the rationale of cat -v ?



A cat in the proper spirit of Unix wouldn't have a -v. cat -v is considered harmful.

GNU cat has a -v, and a --show-nonprinting alias, and a --help for good measure. It knows it's not following Unix's spirit, so it goes all the way and tries to be intelligible and friendly.

BSD cat has a -v too, but it pretends to be True Unix anyway. You get a lot of bloat but none of the polish.



>We’re unfortunately not at the mass-deport the degenerates phase yet so crashing the project with no survivors means they’ll infect openbsd and netbsd

I think Open is safe as long as Theo is around.

Hopefully people in Net are paying attention.



I remember that. His package builder is still the best thing that happened to ports.



>If you disagree with the priorities of the project or the foundation, you

can always make it your goal to get into a position where you are the one

making those decisions. Although I expect that with the amount of

experience and time required, by the time this was achieved, you probably

would have changed your mind about a few things.

So basically, waste your time and effort not-coding as a way to protest the project preventing you from focusing on development?



>wasting my time and effort not coding in order to own the libs



True. Autism is a helluva thing, and some people will compromise themselves in a misguided attempt to fit in.

Personally, I took the the alternate route of doing massive amount of MDMA, which unlocked social skills I didn't think I possessed, and suddenly imbued me with charisma. I was able to remain true to myself, but it did take a decade of social isolation before I stumbled upon this wonder cure.



Because they are not meaningless. They are a foothold. From there the agenda is pushed. The window of acceptable discussion is reframed by the CoC fags. Enough useful idiots say, "It's harmless bro. Show me where a CoC caused real problems? Yeah, didn't think so bro."

By then you're fucked. Project is doomed.



That's also Randi Harper, aka freebsdgirl, aka methwhale. If you don't know that name, count yourself lucky. I'm not even a FreeBSD user and I've had dealings with her in the past that were less than pleasant. Pre GamerGate even.

Bitch is straight psychotic.



To me, that looks like a slippery slope conspiracy. Anyways if you don't like it, what's wrong with forking? I don't see a problem with two versions of each program with one project governed with a CoC and a fork that has no CoC.




I thought he was a man?




>I can't find the file, it looks like it was deleted from mixtape.moe

I put it on IPFS


see https://ipfs.io



>To me, that looks like a slippery slope conspiracy

Anon above posted literally dozens of examples of SJWs infiltrating projects. What else do you need faggot?


File: 9d1ee6bdc41a464⋯.jpg (217.21 KB, 580x505, 116:101, cia.jpg)


>slippery slope conspiracy


MKUltra victim detected. Do you glow in the dark?



You can use "singlefile" in chrome and "Save Page WE" in firefox to save a whole page including images as one html page (no folders tagging along). This is a great way to personally archive things (as long as you open it to confirm it worked) because it preserves things like links.



>complains about having his words in confidential emails that were leaked picked apart by some unrelated fringe group

>writes that if he has to police himself for every itty bitty thing he says so that some weirdo from some random group doesn't get offended and kick up a storm, he might as well drop what he's doing and go read a webcomic instead

<implying that's not EXACTLY what SJWs do and exactly what CoCs set everyone up for

<implying that isn't exactly the fucking feeling EVERYONE gets when one of those fucking CoCs is imposed

And later, when SJWs start pouring in, it actually comes true, as the SJWs 'out' and chase away any 'problematic' individuals (read: dissenters).

The irony is astounding. I can't believe how blind and gullible people can be.

I am now absolutely mad.



>The irony is astounding. I can't believe how blind and gullible people can be.

I totally agree with you but you have to get a limit for productivity reasons of course it's simply common sense but some mkultra implant would want CoCs.



>It's almost as if there's a group of trolls who invade whatever community gains their attention

the russians did this, nobody opposes the CoC, it's the russians



>slippery slope conspiracy

The slippery slope fallacy is itself a fallacy.

Slippery slopes lol slopes and thin edges of wedges are used constantly by entryists and infiltrators to fuck shit up.



All this 'inclusiveness and openness' talk and CoCs in tech reminds me of of the downfall of public schooling. It's exactly what's happening to tech:

>can't expel violent or drug-addict/drug-dealing 'students', or 'students' who come once a month to collect welfare because kicking out 'troubled or disadvantaged students' is discriminatory and non-inclusive

<can't denounce SJWs making false accusations/blackmailing people into submission

>can't fail them either because 'it's discriminatory', and their parents will threaten you/try to ruin your career

<can't fire them/get them fired either because 'it's discriminatory' and their clique will threaten you/try to ruin your career

>uphold the PC façade above all else. Quality standards and basic coexistence rules be damned


>high-school diplomas are handed out like candy and hence worthless, and we have illiterate children in Jr. High (grades 8 and 9)

<tech degrees of dubious validity are handed out like candy in degree mills, and we have webdevs and pajeets that can't even write fizzbuzz

>parents concerned about violence, drugs being pushed on their kids, and declining education standards switched their kids to private schools to avoid dealing with all that, and so their kids will have decent classmates instead of illiterate welfare parasites, and drug-addicts/dealers/muggers (who can't/wouldn't pay for it)

<people fed up with the above bullshit move on to other fields/careers that are not as SJW-infested

Exactly the same. Just replace illiterate kids/violent kids/criminals/drug-addicts with SJWs, pajeets, and diversity hires.


I mostly agree with 'meritocracies', but they often lead to arguments on seniority grounds (i.e. I contributed more, therefore I'm right). I still prefer them to this 'inclusivity and acceptance' bullshit that's pushed down everyone's throats.



>even write fizzbuzz

I have a variant of fizzbuzz that I've used to remove two troublesome potential candidates. When the test for x dividing by 15, I ask them to prove why an integer divisible by both 3 and 5 would necessarily be divisible by 15.




>When the test for x dividing by 15

Apparently I can't write English.

*When they test if x is divisible by 15...


File: ef0c37ad94bb9b3⋯.jpg (31 KB, 991x327, 991:327, Fizzbuzzed.com.jpg)



>This is elementary school tier math.

Yep, and idiots still fail it. If they just said the words "prime factorization", or "FToArithmetic" I would continue without wasting their time.



>After spending a few hours coming up with something that semi-worked, I found the solution on StackOverflow and, in my honesty, linked to it in the code.

Oh lordy.



Those comments!

>The whole fixbuzz thing is a huge joke. I have never used the or heard of PHP’s modulous operator before or since I failed the fizzbuzz test.




Wait why are they testing if its divisible by 15? The solutions are in the question "3 and 5". Am I just retarded or?



You're probably retarded.



>You're probably retarded.

I definitely am but thats besides the point.

if(i % 3 == 0 && i % 5 == 0)

Where does the 15 come from?



>SJWs co-opting schools

But that's not what happened. The problem is not some leftist green-haired tumblr whale principal firing you, or a rainbow-haired SJW coworker trying to get you fired over some 'microagressions'. The problem is your superiors caving in to bullies to wash their hands/avoid lawsuits/avoid complaints, just like in tech:

example 1:

>government grants low-income families welfare if they have kids attending school

>kid comes to school couple of days a month solely to get welfare stamp

>kid has racked up over 50 absences by 6 months; doesn't give a shit

>max absences per year for students is 30

>kid keeps receiving welfare stamp, school turns a blind eye

>can't do anything about it

example 2:

>15 y/o repeating 8th grade for 2nd time

>kid doesn't give a shit about subject, attends English class maybe twice a month, never writes anything, still hasn't bothered even photocopying the subject's textbook, failed all tests, and still doesn't know the difference between 'there is' and 'there are' in English (2nd language) after repeating 8th grade twice

>fail him at end of year

>rabid parents complain to principal/superintendent, and then kick up a fuss at ministry of education claiming you're a horrible teacher and the reason their barely-literate little sweetheart failed English for the 3rd time in a row

<akin to some SJW complaining that you're toxic and they feel uncomfortable knowing you're working at your job

>get warned/penalized/fired by ministry of education for not passing 'that poor little student'

<akin to boss/manager warning/firing you because of said complaining SJW bringing bad publicity

Most teachers have simply grown apathetic and just pass the kids to save their hide, which means the average high-school graduate is barely any more intelligent or knowledgeable than a lobotomized monkey. Like Pajeet.

I'm a spic btw. Yes, shit like that happens ALL OVER Latin America (and Brazil). I know cases like these must be a lot tamer in America and Europe

sage for offtopic.



Are you joking? 3|n && 5|n <=> 15|n



15 is the least common multiple of 3 and 5. That means anything that is divisible by 3 AND 5 is also divisible by 15. The 15 doesn't matter much, you could also use another common multiple of 3 and 5, like 30 or 45 or whatever.




>Are you joking?

Only partially. After you fuck around with advanced mathematics for too long basic math becomes a struggle.


True. That problem however barely requires any thought. Its a waste of energy to use 15 when you can take the question itself as psuedo-code and avoid any thought whatsoever.



>like 30 or 45 or whatever.

No. You just failed fizzbuzz on the first 15.



>Where does the 15 come from?

If a number is divisible by both 3 and 5, it's prime factorization will look like


Where a and b are >= 1

It should be easy to see where the 15 comes from.










>removing candidates

>using the fundamental theorem of arithmetic




It would have taken her far less time to go through a basic javascript tutorial or even take the time to read and understand the stackoverflow answers than it must have taken to spill all that fucking salt.




>implying you are a competent programmer

They wouldn't hire you even if you paid them.



>This is a ficticious NSA briefing I gave as

the closing keynote at FOSDEM 2014




Oh look, a sad drive-by reply to a week old comment which will never be read by the person you're talking to. I'm curious, why even write that? Total beta move.



Danes are niggers.



>why hasnt trump saved us

I have news for you anon...




This is simple math anon. If you have the ability to install an operating system, I think you can manage it. If this really is difficult, you probably just had retarded teachers.



KEK <----




File: 1a6a14a90b5f8e1⋯.jpg (42.5 KB, 648x429, 216:143, torvalds_bird.jpg)

something something benevolent dictatorship better than democracy something something



>in china, trucks are well maintained

>congolese are worse than even chinaman

I bet roland could drive better than both of these puffins



> ruthlessly eliminate everyone who doesn't make substantial contributions to the repo

make sure you don't end up with cathedrals instead of bazaars, forking is preferable to cathedral style contribution



>proper UNIX

Solaris is dying, anon



UNIX is a trademark and a historical OS, GNU/Linux, BSDs, OSX, etc. are all Unices. Right?>Reminder Linux and the entire GNU toolset only exists as a sop on mounting legal issues BSD had from the mid-80s, and that since those issues were conclusively resolved in 1994, Linux and GNU are completely unnecessary.



GNU existed long before the BSD legal issues. GNU exists today because there is no other complete operating that is also GPL.



I didn't mean controlling who can and can't contribute, just that nobody should be allowed any say whatsoever in a project's internal policies unless they're substantial (i.e.: more than fussing with grammar in comments) contributer.


My mistake. While the direct legal attacks against BSD in particular only occurred in 1992, the (since resolved) commercialization that made those attacks possible, from an antitrust settlement with AT&T in 1983, were precisely what caused GNU.




>he actually believes Stalin would put up with any of this shit

lol faggot

lots of /pol/ brainlets on these tech boards lately



>t. beardless brainlet



This. It's bigger tho, leftists in general infiltrate and destroy like the parasites they are, because they are incapable of creating anything themselves. SJWs are a subset of leftists.


None, because high IQ white men have options and don't need to be patronized by lesser beings, like niggers and childless bitter whores.


This. An article starting at the time when there was no coc would be ideal, because it's pretty new to have these fucking queers infesting tech. At least in the 80's the faggots in tech were happy to be left alone to groom children on BBSs. Now they're getting uppity and it might be time to begin mass actions of lethal national defense.



>I'm infected with the Meme (in the Dawkins sense) to extreme-right tardpost in every forum.

>The Meme wants me to floodpost it, so that fresh teenage meat takes it up, and the Meme reproduces.

>It'll fuck up my Life doing this year-in year-out, but the Meme doesn't give a single shit about me.



Rule 42 needs a comeback big time.



>no specific point



File: 83e81c8e58e397e⋯.webm (2.3 MB, 640x360, 16:9, kek.webm)


>the Meme doesn't give a single shit about me.

kek however loves every one of us, even faggots like OP and you.

[Return][Go to top][Catalog][Nerve Center][Cancer][Post a Reply]
Delete Post [ ]
[ / / / / / / / / / / / / / ] [ dir / bl / boers / ideas / kc / leftpol / shame / vg / zenpol ]